Saturday, April 27, 2024
07:40 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, June 12, 2010

wind will become famous soon enough

Aoa,

yes India has waged a cultural war and it seems to be trumphant...

Muslims had been living with hindus for centuries ...And influenced though not merged thats why we got pakistan...

These channels are effecting badly the psyche of people...Starplus ,colors etc project their culture and religion in every drama..

Specifically Social culture is mostly effected ...U can see its effect in dresses ,in marriage cermonies,even in a way of our attitudes and thinking.

We are a strong believer of islam but in Practise....we follow the culture and traditions of other religions and nations.

Pakistani Media should launch quality entertainment including good dramas etc
I think educated youth can make a difference in this regard...by spreading awareness...

Regards,

Mubashir Asif is on a distinguished road
Default Reason

Allama Iqbal sums it up:

"Woh zamanay main muazziz thay musalmaan hokar
Aur tum khawaar ho taarik e quraan ho kar"
wind (Sunday, June 13, 2010)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

@ wind
You are right sir ! 36000+ educated youth are here and i hope awareness is being spread. Thanks to Sana for bringing this issue here in the forum.
sana_krn (Saturday, June 12, 2010)

jumpstart is on a distinguished road

to me the bottom line is that "our people watch these useless and lesson less dramas"...especially housewives and girls who are not busy in other activities..like education,household and other meaningful activities..

By saying this I mean that we must be insulated to these soft power tactics after all a great number of muslims live in India too..and a great number of population,apart from many others who don't, still stick to the basics.

I think we must propagate against the very non-sense and aim less theme of these dramas and programmes..This would bring the desired result or would at least force others to think otherwise..

huda1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
Stop watching Star Plus and such channels !
The problem is resolved.
i think ur absolutely right
indian channels and such channels means our stupid just like GEO and HUM
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

The threat of Cultural Invasion is double for oversees Pakistanis as they are cut off from their roots and their only entertainment is these channel. I was amazed to find when one of my chat mate who lived in California, USA used the word "PATTI" for her hubby. She is from Pakistan and belong to a very religious family but likes Indian Food and dresses as she is exposed to Indian channels in USA.
There are several examples like that in other countries as well where our pakistani brethern are at risk of losing their identity.

kiyani will become famous soon enough

Yes! We have to root out this dilemma which is being used as a toxic against our nation. Once it is said by Indra Gandhi:

There is no need to conquer Pakistan by strength because we have already disillusioned the youth of our opponent by imposing media war.

We have to spread consciousness about this issue in our people.
Old Sunday, June 13, 2010

wind will become famous soon enough

@Sociologist PU

Me sir ... .No sir!!!

i am just a student like many other members ...

@huda
Quote:
i think ur absolutely right
indian channels and such channels means our stupid just like GEO and HUM
we do have great classical as well as modren drama writers,expert on contemprary social issues...I dont know why media is not giving attention..Umera Ahmed is doing a superb job ...we need to recognise our talent...

Regards

Atta sabir is on a distinguished road
Default identity crisis ??

When i found the Heading " Identity crisis" i thought that it might b a discussion about was Pakistan created as a muslim walfare state or it was it should b a secular state ??????

A few days ago my i got into discussion with my Pakistan studies teacher. According to him Pakistan has been founded on the basis of nationalism. I was stunned because what we have been taught in school and college was totally different then. We are taught in schools and colleges that two nation theory is the basis and Pakistan ka matlab kia La illaha illalah . It means that Pakistan was made in the name of islam and our slogan was Islam at that time. But some people say that no Jinnah was a secular person and recently people also refer to jeswant singh's book.

This is identity crisis. And we younger generation are confused about it .

sana_krn has a spectacular aura aboutsana_krn has a spectacular aura about

being a muslim we are a seprate nation we hv diffrent culture the thing which u mentioned wat ppl say nowadays is just bcoz of that media war as every chanel say we are same nations indida n pak is same there is no difernce between them we share sae culture same language blah blah....infact there is hell of difrence between two nation culturel language relgion everything is diffrenet but nowadays these diffrences are abt to eliminate as a difrent culture is imposed on us n media is trying to convince us as this is ur culture see how weak we are that we cant even fight with this situation we are accepting wat ever is imposed on us
facts are being twisted n represented to us as ths is the true picture this is wat we are i wish we could realise this danger of identity crisis