Sunday, April 28, 2024
12:54 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Snobbish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abari View Post
you are absolutly right Hazrat Umar (RA) is a great model for our current rulers but thay cant ever like him.
Presedent Zardari visits uk because of his son is going to enter in the politics of Pakistan.His son who is fond of facebook and HIP HOP music or dance.
his intense wish to take his childern into Pakistan`s politics.
Country is suffering these days and there could not have been estimated the real loss occured by flood yet.
To be here of Pakitani President is at least a moral symbol.Sufferors will be calm to think about that our leadership have care of us.They think that they are worry for our problems and feel more strong.
America nad China are rivals and they are good economic partner but they had never or will never visited to eachother country on the cost of their national dignity.
ISI DG Gen.Shuja Pasha has cancelled his visit to Britain and ISI chief`s visits are use to more important then any other`s.

Welcome your criticism
well majourity is authority so the conclusion is Zardari should not go to visit Uk.........

Those who welcome next time PPP agian in office favouring mr zardari ....Is anyone here who would like to post his or her vote in the next coming elections ???.......I know more than 70 per cent people's answer is NO.....
Old Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Location: Belong to Sindh, live in Punjab, wish to see Kashmir+Gilgit Baltistan, love KPK+Balochistan
The arrogant is on a distinguished road
Default link

Guys guys.. Please visit this page and kindly check out all the comments added by the westerners. My request: plz answer them
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ml#dsq-content
Old Thursday, August 05, 2010

Muser is on a distinguished road

Frankly speaking, expecting an ounce of self respect from our accidental President seems too much, but then its his brazen acts such as this one that hurts Pakistanis sense of pride (if there is left any).

We might defend his visit by putting forward 'mature' arguments but then who would want to befool himself in believing that its for the country's sake & not for his personal/party agendas. We simply might have excused his visit as yet another excursion trip if it weren't such extra-ordinary circumstances at home. His presence or absence in the country means nothing but then being a President, he should act like one.

I think I need to remind myself...who cares? Pakistan is a heaven for such shameless people.

Maroof Hussain Chishty is a jewel in the roughMaroof Hussain Chishty is a jewel in the roughMaroof Hussain Chishty is a jewel in the roughMaroof Hussain Chishty is a jewel in the rough
Arrow President’s visit makes country a laughing stock---The News

President’s visit makes country a laughing stock

Thursday, August 05, 2010
By Muhammad Anis

ISLAMABAD: PML-N Quaid Nawaz Sharif once again deplored the apathy of the rulers who preferred to go on a visit to Europe in all its imperial characteristics than to come to the rescue of the millions of people going through the pathetic situation owing to the widespread floods.

“The statement of UK Prime Minister David Cameroon was undoubtedly humiliating but the deplorable fact is that the rulers are visiting Great Britain and thus are making Pakistan a laughing stock around the world,” Nawaz Sharif said this while addressing party lawmakers from Rawalpindi and the federal capital at the Punjab House here on Wednesday.

He said, “The states, which respect the popular mandate and hold the sanctity of vote in high esteem, neither do accept dictates of big powers nor do fear their intervention.” Nawaz said that the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) was enforced on the dictates of a foreign power and it was a matter of serious concern and regression.

He said that the dictatorial regimes had been giving rise to all sorts of crises for the past 63 years. These regimes had distorted democracy and impeded the political process and paved the way for militant extremism and terrorism that had endangered the unity and integrity of the state.

He said autocratic regimes also usurped and curtailed the fundamental rights of the people and deprived them of even their basic necessities of life. “The people were also left politically high and dry when their elected leadership was forced to go in exile. Naturally, the people retaliated and the forces inimical to Pakistan raised their ugly head, he maintained.

Nawaz Sharif observed that circumstances had become so critical that the political forces must develop a determined resolve to come to the salvage of the homeland from a complex political, economic and social impasse. He said, “It is possible only if we think the onerous task as a crusade and infuse a revolutionary spirit in our party.”

He maintained that the PML-N would also take upon itself the national duty not to let anyone derail the democratic and political process. He said that the party must work hard to transform Pakistan into a society that guaranteed rule of law, equality before law, socio-economic justice and a culture of merit.

Emphasizing that his party’s top priority was to reach all the flood-hit people for all possible relief as it extended its support in all rescue and relief works. The meeting was attended by Raja Zafrul Haq, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Syed Zafar Ali Shah, Hanif Abbasi and Pervez Rashid.
PMS - S&GAD
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 5865PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: 2011 - Merit No. 43

rishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nicerishzzz is just really nice
Angry

Quote:
oh,thats a news for me bro...FloodS also came during PML(N)tenure..jub Nawaz Sharif ne special photo session krwaya tha flood k pani mein ther k...but kia khuch ni tha...its much better to be practical minded...govt is trying its best to cope the disastor..i belive MR President would better represent our case before British Govt..no need to worry....its a norm of our country to CURSE every Existing govt and praise the previous govts..
Regards
Sis I ve been a lil busy dats y cudnt post anything quick....
@ Ms Maha

Let me come to this point in detail so that your advocacy for president Zardari gets out to be somewhere at politically mature stance.....

I didn't post anything emotionally i knew the situation in whole and i dont say things without logical analysis or by a sudden word of mouth

Quote:
I fully endorse your opinionthat is the point which our people dont want to listen...some people just want to criticize to Mr Zardari..they have no concern with President'tour but they criticize the present visit of Mr Zardari because he is president of Pak...why they didnot appreciate him when he gave all powers to PM through 18th amendment...??...
@my fellow being!..media campaign kia kam hai Mr Zardari k against..jo ap popularity ratio check kr rhe hain?
Regards
First of all i am not against President, i am against the way he is using his office. If you talk about Nawaz Sharif's photo in flood then you must give him due credit for bothering to come out for just photo, Mr president even didnt bother this minutest act as well....y??

2ndly, nowhere in my post i said Mr Nawaz Sharif or any other person has been serving ppl in floods or in past v had excellent officials as PM or presidents, n view the happenings through political lense with logic and analysis rather making a common or generlised opinion as u said v tend to 4get past mismanagmenets and govts etc...

By Taking a firm stand, Mr. Zardari would have ensured not only to his public but to the whole world that he is realy the guardian of whole couuntry, representative all in all and a head of the state....and who says by his contradiction to Camroon's comments would have created lapse in trade or other affairs.....C'mon i realy dont agree with it

If i luk a lil immature in speaking on my view point then let me come with references not just national but international

Pakistan is on the verge of heavy flood and people are on stake.No province of the country is out of reach of flood and infrastructure is perishing by every second and president of Pakistan Zardari is paying a visit to England and France.It was the need of time that he should be in country to minimize the grief of his people.According to media he want to thrust his son in politics on every cost either it is on the worth of Pakistani people.Bilaval his son is going to make his first political speech.

I ve not just posted criticism but have given the links on both sides but even the articles which support his visit declare it a comparatively foolish decision as the situation is miserable in pakistan so far...
I ve built a rationale, im not talking on hit and trial basis, read not only national but international links as well given below, you will find out the reality of the visit which you said is NATIONAL INTEREST.....

http://www.thenews.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=30499
LONDON: The British media turned its guns on President Asif Ali Zardari as he was holed up in his luxury Churchill Hotel Royal suite with his entourage.

The media highlighted how a country literally drowning as a result of the worst floods in living memory could afford a president and his lifestyle after images of the 16th-century chateau, built for the widow of King Philippe VI and now owned by Hakim Ali Zardari, were flashed where the president had stopped over for two hours.

The president was busy holding what a source in the High Commission of Pakistan called ‘in-house business meetings’. He also made a telephone call to the former prime minister Gordon Brown and met Conservative Party chair and cabinet minister Sayeeda Warsi.

The British media has been regularly covering the floods in Pakistan but as the true scale of the damage done to the country emerged, the editorials here adopted a hostile tone questioning whether it is right for the head of a democratically elected government to abandon the whole nation at such a time of mourning for a so-called official engagement from which little mileage is to be expected.

The Guardian called Pakistan “a washed-out state in need of international aid” in its leader comment and feared that an inadequate civilian response to a disaster may let the Islamists back in power in areas like Swat just like they did in the aftermath of the earthquake in Kashmir five years ago.

The Times said that the concerns at the cost and purpose Mr Zardari’s European visit will not have been allayed by pictures showing the Pakistani leader “taking off in a helicopter from the 16th century Chateau de la Reine near Rouen in Normandy, which is owned by his family.”

It said that there was growing anger to the government’s flood response, especially President Zardari’s official trip to Europe. The Mirror newspaper highlighted how Pakistan was suffering very badly in a news piece titled ‘a flood of compliant’ and noted the reaction of British Pakistanis who expressed their opposition to the president’s visit. It predicted that David Cameron would give little ground over the terror row at Friday’s talks at Chequers.

The Independent said that the real, officially, for Saturday’s speech is to shore up the Pakistani leader’s support in Britain but the real reason for his appearance will be “the young man sitting beside him in a smart suit”.

The paper compared BilawalZardari with his contemporaries and said while they will be worrying, after graduation, about paying off their heavy debts, “Bilawal is stepping straight into the political limelight as a novice 21-year-old statesman and the heir apparent to a wealthy political dynasty with an unending talent for bloody internecine strife”.

The paper said that “Mr Ten Per Cent” was determined to thrust his son into global politics as he (Zardari) “is badly in need of a boost to his support among influential British Pakistanis”. The paper speculated that on Saturday afternoon, a new member of the Bhutto clan will step forward to accept “that strangest of modern political roles - the dynastic democrat”.

The Daily Telegraph published a big piece titled “Asif Ali Zardari: life and style of Pakistan’s Mr 10 Per Cent” and charted the president’s rise to power. The paper, quoting the Accountability Bureau, claimed that the president has “amassed a property empire worth billions of pounds, with a chateau in France, homes in Britain, Spain and Florida, and bank accounts in Switzerland”.

The paper, relying on information provided by the corruption probe body, wrote that the president has interests in three properties in London and went on to describe the once ownership of 335-acre Rockwood House (known infamously as Surrey Palace in Pakistan) in the North Downs in Surrey “that came to symbolize his wealth and ambition”.

For the benefit of President Zardari and his team, the Guardian published a list of what the visiting head of Pakistan should “educate” the UK prime minister about after Pakistani officials said Mr Zardari will attempt to “educate” David Cameron about their country and region when the two men meet at a summit on Friday.

The paper highlighted that since Mr Zardari is not necessarily the most objective teacher, David Cameron should know five things about Pakistan before their meeting. 1- Terror: Pakistan is more victim than perpetrator where more than 3,000 people died in terrorist attacks in 2009, compared with about 2,000 in Afghanistan; 2 - Af-Pak Border: the Afghan-Pakistani frontier, is largely imaginary and the current border related problems were made in Britain; 3- Kashmir: India routinely blocks international discussion of Kashmir and quoted a Guardian commentary as such “not mentioning Kashmir is as sensible as not mentioning Gaza when discussing the Middle East” and asked the “plain speaking” PM not to try to dodge this issue; 4- Democracy: There are signs that the current army chief, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani may be getting too big for his boots and posed a question to Cameron whether he would like to deal with democrats or another dictator; and 5- People: Doubling Britain’s annual £130m aid to Pakistan would be an audacious move at a time of domestic financial austerity.

The paper said it would serve the British national interest - and after the bitter arguments of recent days, would send an overdue, positive message in typical “Cameron Direct” style.

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-ne...ure-on-Zardari
CHARSADDA (Online) – PML-N Quaid Nawaz Sharif has said that the government has failed to fulfil its responsibilities to rehabilitate the flood victims, adding that the government has not yet taken any initiative that was needed in prevailing circumstances desperately.
Talking to the media during his visit to flood-hit areas in Charsadda on Wednesday, he said that the government had not yet taken any initiative to rehabilitate the flood affected people across the country. The government representatives should come out of their air-conditioned rooms to relive the public at this time of misery.
The PML-N Quaid further pointed out that his party has been doing its best for the flood affected people across the country and during his visit to Charsadda, he had brought a consignment of food items and medicines for the flood affected people. Responding to a query, he said that President Zardari’s visit to Britain has disappointed the nation. He said that President Zardari has left for a foreign trip at a time when he should be present among the public.
He also urged the incumbent government to utilise all its resources to facilitate the flood victims, as ongoing floods were worst ever in the history of the country.

http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs....708039824/1002
http://www.expressindia.com/latest-n...turday/656387/
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10847801

Note: There are no offences, i ve simply supported my arguments that President's trip was not of national interest but was for his Son's political debeau internationally and he should have cancelled, i would request you people to reply or comment only if you have read all these links, cz then you can better point out what the exact percentage of reality is....
Hope you got me

Regards
s malik (Friday, August 06, 2010), The arrogant (Thursday, August 05, 2010), waseem22wasi (Friday, August 06, 2010)
Old Friday, August 06, 2010

Asif Jamal is on a distinguished road

Dear frndz in my opinion Maha Khan is right diplomatic relations should not broken for such emotions n remarks.

Naveed Badar Memon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The arrogant View Post
“I’m not going to meet with the president because I believe that a head of state needs to be in his country of origin when there’s a state of emergency,” Lord Nazir Ahmed told AFP.

He should've cancelled his visit. If nt on the grounds of tht Cameron statement thn should surely 4 the sake of flood victims. Presence of the president in his country during such disaster really makes a good deal difference.
Its a matter of common observation tht whn a high official is present all the minor ones work wth more responcibility and whn thr is no one 2 whom they r answerable thn they become lazy. So President should've been present here (atleast now). Thts all correct about foreign policy and relations but he could atleast postpone his visit and could make good replies 4m here as well.
:@ the arrogant
wat r lord nazir's own contributions for pakistani/muslim communities in Britain??he has done nothing so far except he keep criticising pakistani govt whether it is musharraf or zardari..he didn't even bother to give single statement for the innocent Pakistani students who were arrested without any prove near his town in sheffields..He said he will meet Dr Afia Siddique but nothing has been done so far..He could have raised his voice in house of common regarding the statement of Cameron..

samraa is on a distinguished road
Post he should cancelled

President zardari should cancelled his visit not just to protest,also for the sake of the pakistani people who suffer many disasters at a time,either its flood across the country or war against terror or killing of innocent people in karachi(where law and order is completely absent in these days).

*kindly tell me what is the agenda of this visit?
*the expences of this visit should used for relief of people effected by flood and rain.
*he is the head of the state, his presence at this time in country is necessary.
*his visit is not in national intrest at all. it isfo0r his personal affairs.

Thanked 1,356 Times in 719 Posts
unsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to behold

To cancel the visit would be an impulsive decision. We can record our protest in any other way. President should take this issue in UK one to one with Cameron (like he said "ankhon mein ankhain dal kay bat karun ga"). etc etc. We can threaten the allied countries to take notice of cameron's perverse statement at this stage. They cant be given carte blanche to give any statement to make happy any other country.
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Talking about President Zardari’s visit to France and Britain, the prime minister said the issue should not be made controversial because it had been planned six months ago and “could not be avoided”.

When asked if it was wise for the president to proceed abroad when the country was experiencing the worst floods in its history which have wreaked havoc in the country, killed hundreds and displaced hundreds of thousands of people, the prime minister said: “Mr Zardari is a personality who is always remembered. He would have been remembered and criticised even if there were no floods in the country.” He claimed that the visit had not affected relief and rescue operations being carried out in flood-hit areas.

“I am the chief executive of the country, I am here and my whole cabinet is here to supervise the relief operation which is our responsibility and not the president’s.” The prime minister urged all political parties and the nation to bury their differences and join hands to cope with the calamity.“The nation has faced such situations in the past and I hope it will display the same courage and dedication to overcome the present crisis,” he said.

DAWN
unsolved_Mystery (Friday, August 06, 2010)