Thursday, May 09, 2024
10:22 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thanked 1,356 Times in 719 Posts
unsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
We can't comment on current alleged spot fixing / match fixing until proper investigation is conducted but at least our selection board should be brought into accountability web for biased selection. PCB is continuously ignoring merit and is caught in a dirty mafia. PCB and all these relevant authorities for cricket are wasting our resources time and money.
Yes brother! Agreed. that is the main problem the selection board, chairman and other authorities are not brought to book. Ejaz Butt does not appear before the Committee just because he has 'backing' and doesnt consider himself accountable. The whole setup requires to be re-newed.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

Political appointments ( Ijaz Butt and many like him ) have ruined the institutions of this country since the arrival of PPP govt. That is why people are anxiously waiting for the return of Army rule.
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

The bookie arrested by Scotland Yard for alleged 'spot-fixing' in the ongoing England-Pakistan Lord's Test claims to have links with bookmakers in India as well.

Mazhar Majeed, 35, told an undercover reporter of 'The News of the World' during a sting operation that there are no major activities when the "Indian market is not open".
http://www.deccanchronicle.com/sport...ndian-link-576
-----------------------------------

Indian hand can't be ignored for defaming the image of Pakistan. Secondly after watching the following videos it seems to be a fabricated story. I am not cricket fan, can any one tell me the affect of 3 NO BALLS ? Secondly, the following footage can be made after the cricket match. It is pre-mature to declare Pakistani cricket team innocent but the footage is quite childish where no Pakistani player is seen. Keep in mind David Cameron's party affiliation with Indians since ages.

http://www.youtube.com/v/ne9Ry9ZjHDQ
Gulrukh (Sunday, August 29, 2010)

dogar1986 is on a distinguished road
Default Time will come when every Culprit Hanged....

you r right Sociologist PU... Corruption ruined our each and every Department... PPP government's stories of corruption had started making rounds every time when it came into Power..... PCB chairman is very near relative of Ahmad Mukhtar... so despite his poorest performance..... no action will be taken against him....
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
Political appointments ( Ijaz Butt and many like him ) have ruined the institutions of this country since the arrival of PPP govt. That is why people are anxiously waiting for the return of Army rule.
In democratic govt. stories of corruption are revealed by independent media whereas in dictatorship there is strict censorship. Dictatorial regimes are far more corrupt than democratic govts. It is the essence of democracy that leaders are held accountable and stories of corruption are revealed. Check the following report.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...8iNyWR3oQPon0Q

Gulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really niceGulrukh is just really nice
Unhappy Cricket cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Prince View Post
Mazhar Majeed, 35, told an undercover reporter of 'The News of the World' during a sting operation that there are no major activities when the "Indian market is not open".
Indian hand can't be ignored for defaming the image of Pakistan. Secondly after watching the following videos it seems to be a fabricated story. I am not cricket fan, can any one tell me the affect of 3 NO BALLS ?
well if we accept indian hand in all this but is there also an indian hand in the bad performance of our team.The way they played tomorrow and the way they
were playing today was simply not like playing cricket.they seemed to forget even how to handle a bat.they were scared,terrified and looking helpless.but WHY.

they were not playing for the first time all were seasoned players.
so why were they getting out so soon.some thing is really fishy about the incident.
khuch na khuch to kia hai inn sab ne koi manne ya na manne.
as far as throwing no balls is concerned it is very simple.

you know its true that throwing 3 no balls makes no difference for the bowling side.but for bookies it is every thing.they are betting on this.like in a match they will say that in this over there are going to be 2 no balls,other booky says that no there will be 3 or whatever.

to jitni bhi no balls parti hain bookies are counting them and jo theek andaza
lagata hai that person wins.
this booky was doing the same thing.asking them to throw certain no balls and thus putting every thing in his favour.

for them giving some money to players is not that grave they are betting even higher money on that.

ab agar ye indian conspiracy hai to ham trap ho gaye hai iss mein buri tarah.
now dear its time to pay the heavy price.

i am a great cricket fan by the way.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gulrukh For This Useful Post:
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

The Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Secondly after watching the following videos it seems to be a fabricated story. I am not cricket fan, can any one tell me the affect of 3 NO BALLS ? Secondly, the following footage can be made after the cricket match.
@ Crown Prince I am afraid evidence is bit too perfect.Mohammad Aamer hardly ever bowls a no-ball and the two he bowled were massive! These no ball were intentionals.Each no ball would have given millions of dollars to bookies.In one video Salman Butt is looking directly at where Amir's foot lands instead of the batsman.For me, the evidence is pretty much conclusive.We shall wait and see what happens but I think you are clutching at straws.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,870 Times in 1,441 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future

@Crown Prince

I guess there were nine No Balls.

Three No Balls do have impact on the overall game. When batsman is already aware about the order of that No Ball in a particular over he can capitalize this opportunity. Without fear of being out he can hit the boundary. We should not forget that even a single ball carries weight in cricket.

Apart from this Gul Niazi has rightly explained the 2nd motive of this spot-fixing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Star View Post
@ Crown Prince I am afraid evidence is bit too perfect.Mohammad Aamer hardly ever bowls a no-ball and the two he bowled were massive! These no ball were intentionals.Each no ball would have given millions of dollars to bookies.In one video Salman Butt is looking directly at where Amir's foot lands instead of the batsman.For me, the evidence is pretty much conclusive.We shall wait and see what happens but I think you are clutching at straws.

You are right dear, that No Ball was unbeleivably beyond normal No Ball range jahan koe shoe slipping na huwe ho paon main motch na aee ho aur pitch main koe pani jesi cheez na ho bowler khud ko balance kar ky dora ho aur ball karny ky baad bhi body main esi koe movement feel na hue ho jis sy andaza ho ky bowler ky liy uncontrollable situation thee, esi halat main itna space creating No Ball tells something fishy fishy. Even an inexperienced player cannot throw ball in such an unbelievable style.

Last edited by Princess Royal; Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 11:09 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raz For This Useful Post:

The Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura aboutThe Star has a spectacular aura about
Default What is spot-fixing?

Spot-fixing, or fancy-fixing, is not new. It has been around for as long as results of entire matches have been being fixed, but only those who were involved in it, bookies and players, knew of it at the time. "Fancy-fixing" is the term bookies themselves use for it. Focusing on small events within games rather than entire games themselves gained prominence when the heat of match-fixing got to be too much for bookies.

All kinds of bets are placed under this kind of fixing. Generally the more popular ones are session bets, where in a 50-over ODI, bets are placed on how many runs will be scored or how many wickets will fall in a 15-over session. There are clever ways to manipulate this and maximise your profits if players are involved.

For example, if the original bet is for, say, 60 runs in the first 15 overs, the openers can hit a few early boundaries, drive the run-rate up and make that target seem unfeasibly low. This changes the odds in the market and the batsmen will then manipulate the run-making so that the score after 15 overs is one that will be of most benefit to the bookie financially.

What is spot-fixing? Spot fixing is about getting players/officials to act in a specified predefined manner at a particular time or during a particular session of a match, with or without adversely affecting the overall outcome of the game. It is also known as micro-fixing or fancy-fixing.

What kinds of events does spot-fixing target? Anything from the ordinary to the bizarre can be the focus of spot-fixing. Who will win the toss, which umpire will stand at which end of the wicket, how many players will be wearing sunglasses, how many times the wicketkeeper will take the bails off in an innings, which bowler will come on first change, when the new ball will be taken. All of these and any number of other similar (and at times very silly) aspects can become the subject matter of both legal and illegal bets. If a fixer has prior information relating to a predetermined occurrence during a specific period or session of a match, he can make a killing and happily share a part of the booty with the player/official who is his accomplice.

What is session betting? Each innings of 50 overs in an ODI is divided into three sessions of 15, 15 and 20 overs each. For each session, bets are accepted on permutations and combinations involving runs scored and wickets taken, and more marginal aspects along the lines of those mentioned above, such as, for instance, how many wide balls will be bowled in a particular session. In recent times both legal and illegal bookkeepers have started offering odds on session betting. Thus the number of options for betting in a six-session ODI are multiplied many times - as opposed to just betting on the outcomes at the end of the match.

What kind of inside information do bookies look for to help with spot-fixing? Bookies and punters are always looking for inside information, especially information emanating from dressing rooms: the condition of the pitch, the team composition, who will open the batting, injuries - anything that may impact a specific session of the match or events within, or the final outcome. The players in their innocence or ignorance, or in connivance, may share such inside information.

SOURCE

nafees khattak is on a distinguished road
Cool lords scandal

first of all,dont mind this scandal,because

"hum ha sub se alag,hum ha sub se juda"

first of all let us wait which way the wind blow,and in case it prove right,i think punishment should be started from PCB officials,and if it does not happen and the big Bosses are spared,it will happaen again and again.
believe me i have left these players since world cup 2007 and some people call it a matter of patriotism,for those people,it is the day to enjoy patriotism.
i have other many ways of patiotism.
The Following User Says Thank You to nafees khattak For This Useful Post:

Tags
cricket, cricket scandals