CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Pakistan's problem number one? (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/4158-pakistans-problem-number-one.html)

Raz Sunday, April 18, 2010 02:30 AM

[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]My simple questions on following interesting but superficial and indigestible logic:[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][QUOTE][B]PRELIMINARY:[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]POPULATION, as simple as that[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]LEADING TO (SECONDARY):[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]-> Unemployment[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]which in turn leads to:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]-> Poverty[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/QUOTE][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Then China should be the poorest country of the world with the highest unemployed ratio. Vatican city should be the richest one with full employment and zero poverty.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][QUOTE][B]PRELIMINARY:[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]POPULATION, as simple as that[/SIZE][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]LEADING TO (SECONDARY):[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]-> Unemployment[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]which in turn leads to:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]-> Poverty[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR="Blue"]which in turn leads to:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR="Blue"]-> Crime[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR="Blue"]-> Corruption[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/QUOTE][/SIZE][/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]China should be the most corrupt country. Vatican City should be corruption free. Are all the poor and the unemployed corrupt? are all these terrorist poor? are all these thieves, beggars, burglars, and smugglers poor? [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]There should be no criminal from rich family. Female minister should not steal credit card and should not shop illegally. Our rich politicians should not indulge in money laundering, encroachment, and embezzlement. Saints, great religious and pious personalities should emerge from the billionaire families. [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]What I perceive overpopulation is a factor which can be the reason for deviant behavior in society but it is not the sole factor to be blamed for all the problems or charged with corruption mania. [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]Regards[/FONT]

striver Sunday, April 18, 2010 10:04 AM

Did you really believe that for any sort of complicated problem, the answer could be that simple?

I did not mean to portray population as the ONLY cause, even implicitly. But I believe its one of the biggest factors! Any society faces multitude of problems which, at any given time, are in sory of dynamic equilibrium shifting focus from one problem to another.

I do not negate that other problems could be playing an important role but its just the matter of ones perception.

P.S: When I said population, I meant population density. It is my understanding that whenever we talk about population in terms of problem, we always mean population density. Thus, looking at China we find that its population density is about 360 ppl/mi2 whereas for Pakistan its sbout 545 ppl/mi2 and that for Vatican city is 4,862 ppl/mi2!!. All of your arguments are invalidated by these statistics. :)

Now replace population by population density in my previous post analyze the arguments again ;)

All the Best~

Raz Sunday, April 18, 2010 02:06 PM

[QUOTE=striver;181719]
P.S: When I said population, I meant population density. It is my understanding that whenever we talk about population in terms of problem, we always mean population density. Thus, looking at China we find that its population density is about 360 ppl/mi2 whereas for Pakistan its sbout 545 ppl/mi2 and that for Vatican city is 4,862 ppl/mi2!!. All of your arguments are invalidated by these statistics. :)

Now replace population by population density in my previous post analyze the arguments again ;)

All the Best~[/QUOTE]

Then Balochistan should be the heaven in this world with zero corruption, zero unemployment, zero poverty, zero terrorism, no deviant behavior. Am I right? If answer of these questions is in affirmative then I will tack back my all the argues and you are 100% right in your hypothesis.
:nono Bythe way things are not that simple to put in these layman hypothesis without even broadening your horizon.

Regards

striver Sunday, April 18, 2010 06:26 PM

I think you missed the part above post-script in my post.

Anyhow, no argument can be justified on a special case. If you really want to challenge the correctness of my arguments, you have to put your arguments based on overall conditions of the world.

Anyways, if a country doesn't have any natural resources nor does it have any special skill for enhanced knowledge-economy then nomatter what you do, you wont be able to uplift the condition of the society.

I do not intend to refute your arguments altogether, but I get the feeling that somehow you are offended by my arguments. Our conversation cannot just linger on a single point as its just a waste of time for both of us so I suggest we drop the argument right now :).

All the Best~

zash Monday, April 19, 2010 05:37 PM

Mis-Management of Human resources

Presently Pakistan is enjoying a stage where population of young force is highest in the world. This stage plays an important role in a development of a country. But we are not Utilizing our young force and nothing to do for Human Resource Development.

To overcome the problem of Population we have established department of Population, same was done that Anti-Corruption Department was established with an aim to overcome crruption but none of the departments served the purpose.

This shows that departments are not enough to solve the problem

We need to take a significant change through Human Resource Development

We nned to bring change in thinking, attitude,

We need consistency in policy making

We need to adopt a bottom-up approach in policy making

sajjad534@hotmail.com Friday, May 21, 2010 10:26 PM

[QUOTE=khalid;18240]which one of the following is the most serious problem/challenge which pakistan is facing presently?

1. poverty
2. illiteracy
3. corruption
3. terrorism/secterianism
4. foreign debt
5. restoration/promotion of democracy
6. water crisis
7. lack of leadership
8. population explosion
9. pollution
10.provincial disharmony ??

Waitng for your frank comments.

God bless the land of pure...!![/QUOTE]
lack of leadership is the main problem

mohammad ashfaq soomro Saturday, May 22, 2010 10:30 PM

Salam to all,

acordingv to my opinion the most farious problem which is faced by pakistan
that is illitracy means lack of education.

kiyani Wednesday, June 16, 2010 10:35 PM

What's wrong with Pakistan?

Pakistan…..
2nd largest salt mine,
5th largest gold mine,
5th largest coal reserves,
7th largest copper mine,
[B]Still begging from IMF![/B]
2nd largest dame,
3 nuclear reactors,
7th nuclear power,
Strongest Muslin army of the world,
[B]Still silent on drone attacks!![/B]
7th largest rice producer,
8th largest wheat producer,
[B]Still 40% hardly get food!!![/B]
[B][SIZE="5"]Think……..[/SIZE][/B]
[B]What’s wrong with Pakistan?[/B]
We have resources……..
We have talent……..
If China can develop itself then why not we……..
If India abolishes Feudal system then why not we……..
[SIZE="5"]Think………[/SIZE]
Rely on your own resources. (Mao Zy Tang), could this appropriate for us?

Remarks plz!

huda1 Wednesday, June 16, 2010 10:38 PM

maybe the main problem in pakistan is mismanagement in every deptt

Annora Thursday, June 17, 2010 01:31 AM

Pakistan is not poor , but poorly managed country

thats it

samana Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:58 AM

Major Reason ofour Nation's Downfall?

[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="3"]please give your opinion...

whats the major reason of Pakistan 's polotical downfall?:?

for me its our Nation 's Emotionality.ain't it?[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

waqaskayani Friday, July 02, 2010 01:21 AM

secret

A furtive agent of USA whn asked wht was ur role in world war 2 , how did u demoralize the germans he said"I was placed among those who were responsible in descision making process the only thing which i did was to promote incompetancy thts it." And the rest was done by there own men.

Tipu Shah Friday, July 02, 2010 11:48 PM

My dear I think in my opinion there are two main problems of Pakistan

1- Arm-Chair criticism
2- Arm-Chair critics

above two are acting as the big problem and big enemy of pakistan.

our arm-chair critics are blaiming to the govt. without analyzing the facts and the challenges facing by Pakistan.

This type of criticism is creating sensation and tension among the Pakistanis,
So, if we want to see our Pakistan Prosporous we should have to abondon the policy of arm-char criticism and should have adopt the policy of criticism on facts and reality

Long Live Pakistan

waseem gul Jadoon Sunday, July 25, 2010 01:33 PM

Tell me dude...what do you consider that which is the main problem of Pakistan ?

a) Rapidly increasing population
b) Illiteracy
c) Corruption
d) Lack of respect of Law

venom Sunday, July 25, 2010 06:10 PM

problems are not like this

in my view all probelms are directy porpotional to each other,
so it will not correct to say that one is the main and more resobonsible reason of it,
but i think first thing is that when we are blaming on leadership then at the same time on other hand we are trying to get ecsap from our taking our responsibilty through we can contribute with a positive change in our society.
because it is natur's law that if any one chose supression for itself then it will be supressed till that changes its way.
it is not about eduction poverty or what other it is about how we should realize whats happening withus.
system itslef become outdated,and every day with everything we can feel whats going on
poor can sense that he is not getting much work or wages or those wages are not sufficent for the survival or for his and his generations growth,
middle class feel that day by day it is becoming to difficult to grow,
earnings are not sufficent,every day we can sense whats going on
every day we pass through it
and in last we blame on leadership but never talk to take the responsiblity
it happens in those socities where politics become a trade or job
and it is happning here
now some brothers will object that there are few leaders who are doing good for nation
but you have to see the whole system it have been corrupted and that system can be changed by the people,.
some brothers may object what a ordinary man can do in this society who is already suffring from the system
so answer will be this suffrings in this country is only for odinary people so they collectivly realize it and become closer so they can become a power,power of people who can change this system.
and every single person can contribute in this change he just have to realize first and they think on it that who to change or make it correct.

Tahir Sohail Sunday, July 25, 2010 07:54 PM

To me all these problems are not relevant as far as this country is concerned. Every nation during its course of evolution faces these problems and still exist with dignity and honour. If we take little pain to go into the national histories of those countries which today fall into the category of most advanced and developed nations, we would realize that the problems they faced during their national development were extremely accute and horrific when compared to the ones we are facing today. The first and foremost question in this context is, whether we are a nation or otherwise? If we see this country in a miniature shape, and view it as a family, the matter would take a much simpler form for a better understanding. In a family, where each member feels truly committed to the welfare of the other member, and if all of them are honestly and equally desiring to do something substantially in favour of each other, all kinds of problems would take no longer to be fully resolved in one way or the other. From the day one, Pakistan keeps on suffering on one very basic account, and that is national cohesion. On every issue, right from a very minor dispute of how to celebrate Eid on one single fixed day, to the most difficult questions of national consensus on language, culture, religion, politics, etc, we had never been able to think and behave like one national entity. The population fabric interwoven with different economic and social divisions, are existing in a warlike situation to each other. No country in the world exists without economic and cultural diversity, rather this diversity is the actual beauty of every politically organised society, as each group of the people is constantly contributing to the collective welfare of the nation, and is a source of strength for national survival. Unfortunately we are still in search of national identity, and could not reach a point where we may stand as one nation and fight against the problems that are hampering our national progress.

Sakk Monday, July 26, 2010 11:55 AM

[QUOTE=Tahir Sohail;202144]To me all these problems are not relevant as far as this country is concerned.....fight against the problems that are hampering our national progress.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for highlighting the point of national integration but I have couple of concerns regarding your view point.

1. What else are you expecting from a poor nation like Pakistan to remain united under the umbrella of national integration although inflation is sky high?

2. What SINCERE measures are taken by existing democratic government to strengthen national integration ties further? Is there any policy you can mention me? Power crisis at its peak, food shortage and price hikes, unemployement getting worse on daily basis, higher education commission HEC scholarships has been curtailed, society is desensitized due to security issues and the list goes on...

3. In order to motivate the universal feeling of national integration you have to show your sincere efforts pragmatically. Further you talked about that Pakistan since its inception is under the trauma of lack of national integration,however this is not the case, please remind crisis of 1965 where whole nation stands derisive with army, please recall times of gen. zial-ul-haq how much stability was there. Pakistan was involved in proxy war against russia while on the other hand russia was involved in building steel mills in pakistan.

My only concern is that if someone is hungry, despite arranging food for him, our govt. is opting for the policy of extraminating his stomach so there is no urge for foor at all. Its the middle class who is paying taxes and heavy GST on local commodities, sugar is being sold at par with international market and ....

I am very optimistic about this national and I really salute them keeping in view their strength, flexibility and adaptability. National integration and concensus will come by if people see sincere govt. facilitating welfare of people.

Thanks for your view point.

Have a great day.

intelligentgal Monday, July 26, 2010 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=Tahir Sohail;202144]To me all these problems are not relevant as far as this country is concerned. Every nation during its course of evolution faces these problems and still exist with dignity and honour. If we take little pain to go into the national histories of those countries which today fall into the category of most advanced and developed nations, we would realize that the problems they faced during their national development were extremely accute and horrific when compared to the ones we are facing today. The first and foremost question in this context is, whether we are a nation or otherwise? If we see this country in a miniature shape, and view it as a family, the matter would take a much simpler form for a better understanding. In a family, where each member feels truly committed to the welfare of the other member, and if all of them are honestly and equally desiring to do something substantially in favour of each other, all kinds of problems would take no longer to be fully resolved in one way or the other. From the day one, Pakistan keeps on suffering on one very basic account, and that is national cohesion. On every issue, right from a very minor dispute of how to celebrate Eid on one single fixed day, to the most difficult questions of national consensus on language, culture, religion, politics, etc, we had never been able to think and behave like one national entity. The population fabric interwoven with different economic and social divisions, are existing in a warlike situation to each other. No country in the world exists without economic and cultural diversity, rather this diversity is the actual beauty of every politically organised society, as each group of the people is constantly contributing to the collective welfare of the nation, and is a source of strength for national survival. Unfortunately we are still in search of national identity, and could not reach a point where we may stand as one nation and fight against the problems that are hampering our national progress.[/QUOTE]

I wholly agree with your view point that we lack national integration which is the root cause of all the problems we are facing today.
There are several reason for our being unable to make Pakistan a state of a nation. some of these are:
1: From the very begining, when this land of pures came into being, there was no or very little desire on the part of federating units to unite in a federation hence we lacked the first prerequisite for the formation of a smooth and effective federation.
Balauchistan did not want to join us and still its innate oppsition( read hatred) manifists itself in the decades old struggle of Balauchis against the Centre. Khyberpakhtunkhawa, formerly NWFP joined us through a referendum, where no doubt people wanted to be part of newly founded Pakistan but ruling elites' sympathies were not with Pakistan. so in this state where centripetal forces are so weak, how can national integration be achieved.
2: only a portion of Pakistan's population faced the problems( massacre, looting, abduction, refugee camps) at the independence, those who were migrating from the areas now fall in India and for the rest of population of pakistan, Partition was a news. Most of us have not paid the price and so we do not realise the value of Pakistan. we civil war erupted in US, whole of North and South was devestated and it was only then that Americans had realised the value of national integration.
3. from the very start, democracy was crawling and our politicians had their own axes to grind and consequently we faced successive martial laws at the cost of national integration and provincial autonomy. recently musharraf's evil deeds in Balauchistan are case in point.
there are several other point responsible for retarding our process of national cohesion that i will discuss soon.

Regards

Tahir Sohail Tuesday, July 27, 2010 01:16 AM

[QUOTE=Sakk;202270]Thank you for highlighting the point of national integration but I have couple of concerns regarding your view point.

1. What else are you expecting from a poor nation like Pakistan to remain united under the umbrella of national integration although inflation is sky high?

2. What SINCERE measures are taken by existing democratic government to strengthen national integration ties further? Is there any policy you can mention me? Power crisis at its peak, food shortage and price hikes, unemployement getting worse on daily basis, higher education commission HEC scholarships has been curtailed, society is desensitized due to security issues and the list goes on...

3. In order to motivate the universal feeling of national integration you have to show your sincere efforts pragmatically. Further you talked about that Pakistan since its inception is under the trauma of lack of national integration,however this is not the case, please remind crisis of 1965 where whole nation stands derisive with army, please recall times of gen. zial-ul-haq how much stability was there. Pakistan was involved in proxy war against russia while on the other hand russia was involved in building steel mills in pakistan.

My only concern is that if someone is hungry, despite arranging food for him, our govt. is opting for the policy of extraminating his stomach so there is no urge for foor at all. Its the middle class who is paying taxes and heavy GST on local commodities, sugar is being sold at par with international market and ....

I am very optimistic about this national and I really salute them keeping in view their strength, flexibility and adaptability. National integration and concensus will come by if people see sincere govt. facilitating welfare of people.

Thanks for your view point.

Have a great day.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the candid response. I submit here my humble request to look into the matter little deeper than what our ordinary vision can penetrate into. We need not to reinvent the wheel by mentioning and listing our problems in the fashion of a weeping suppliant. The problems are written on the wall which we see day in and day out. The military and civil bureaucracy that we have inherited from the British, was tailored-cut to serve the vested interest of the colonial master, and the legacy still lingering is aggravating our problems to the point of no return. The mimickery of the British parliamentary system that we keep on replicating, under the hallucination, that the same would prove as panacea to all our maladies is one thing which we would start repenting in the due course of our political development. The system which Britain has been practising since the early thirteen century, through its various phases of evolution, is no doubt, turned out to be one of the most greatest success stories. There was no harm that a nation after becoming independent, opted for the same system, but its failure poses many questions as to where it went wrong. The political parties are the bread and butter of every kind of republican constitution. In our case, instead of cherishing the democratic traditions within themselves, they were hijacked by the few blue eyed scions of the privileged. The military dictators who time and again attempted with great success to derail the democratic process, and the bureaucracy whose primary duty was to serve the people threw in its lot with them, and became the instrument of exploitation at a much larger scale. Thus the element of accountability which is the king-pin of good governance was nipped in the bud. Who can ask today as to where had they gone who while enjoying the numerous perks and benefits by virtue of their positions were brazenly negligent of the future energy needs of this country, and the Frankenstein of load-shedding is pushing us back to the stone-age. Who can fix the responsibility upon those demagogues whose erroneous policies opened up the safe heavens for the religious extremism and the innocent people are losing their lives and properties by the hand of a brainless terror? The answers to these questions lie simply in the system which guarantees the infallible process of accountability, strengthened with the genuine rule of law, whatever is its shape or form, doesn’t matter. Once the ruled enjoy the confidence of the ruling, and it is ensured that the sacred contract between the governed and the governing is established, the most vital objective of the national cohesion will imperceptibly be achieved.

Being a regular reader of Ayaz Amir, it would be quite unfair on my part not to acknowledge his excellence in dissecting the national politics with great precision and perspicuity. His article published on 14 April, 2006, under the caption "Problems of Pakistani horsemanship" deserves great applause indeed. The opening with Oliver's address to the Rump was interesting but not relevant to our part of the world. It is true that the struggle between the Cavaliers and the Roundheads gave birth to the ascendancy of the Puritans and the ouster of the Stuarts from the scene with the execution of Charles the first, but the law of diminishing was never applicable to the mindset of the British populace as far as monarchy and republicanism are concerned. The Long Parliament many a time convened and prorogued persisted and ultimately it was the army which terminated the civil war, restored democracy, and brought the Stuarts back to the throne. The lesson was so well learned that never again in the history of English people monarchy and the parliament confronted each other, and a peaceful coexistence of both till this time furnishes an excellent example of a political system that rules out even the necessity of a written constitution. The British Parliament aptly called as mother of all parliaments passed through numerous stages of evolution to reach at the present stage. Both the great political parties, Whig and the Tory, in the eighteenth century were not democratic the way democracy is defined and understood these days. Neither was prepared, according to G.W. Southgate, to undertake great social reforms, and both would have been appalled at the very suggestion of giving every man the right to vote. Promiscuous politicians and monarchs profligate, have created difficult situations, and instances such as selling the country to a foreign power and asking her military support to suppress the rebellion at home are still fresh on the pages of history. The infamous treaty of Dover by which Charles the second had not only cast his country headlong into the French vassalage but also promised to profess as Roman Catholic and all out efforts to reverse the entire process of Reformation. Among the courtiers that constituted the most notorious cabal, Charles had persons like Sir William Temple, the first diplomatist of the West, architect of the Tripple Alliance and restorer of the national glory. The most powerful ministers who supported the ignominious rule of Charles the second and then of James the second, could not prevent the nation to speak out its will and the Tripple alliance prevailed upon the treaty of Dover. The coalition which brought England, Holland, and Sweden together against the French ascendancy was an occasion of great national joy and the Dutch connection was further cemented by Temple when he succeeded in marrying the daughter of the late Duchess of York to the prince William, the great stedtholder of the United Provinces. When James the second abdicated the throne and went to France never to set foot on the English soil, the nation exerted its strength through its Parliament by choosing Mary and prince William as legal heirs to the throne and their combined rule made England the most powerful nation of the world. So the law of diminishing never worked on the systems emanating from the general will of the nation, Of course, it does when the people themselves get oblivious of their own will.

intelligentgal Tuesday, July 27, 2010 05:20 PM

It is true that democratic ideals failed to get themselves firmly established in the political as well as in social sphere of this country and our neigboure who got her independence just one day later than us, has succeeded in taking strides on the road of democracy and thus is aheading towards becoming regional giant by leaps and bounds, thanks to strong democratic traditions there. A lot has been said about the causes and effects of our weak democratic history and so now need is to focus over the remedies. The first thing we need is the mass awareness, realisation on the part of people that they have a stake and indeed a very heavy stake in the establishment and then in the smooth running of the democratic system and to ensure it they have to play their active part. other changes would follow as a matter of fact. French Revolution changed the entire system of France particularly and Europe generally where first time in the history of mankind, people had awaken to assert their rights and role. Though apparently things did not change drastically for a year but the process of reformation had taken roots there. same degree of self consciousness is required to shake our people, only then we would be able to put our feet on the road of prosperity and progress.

Usman Cheema Tuesday, July 27, 2010 07:59 PM

In my opinion the biggest problem of Pakistan is corruption in every department.

Sakk Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:41 PM

@ Tahir thanks again.

In my humble opinion its not the corruption which is the root problem of Pakistan BUT its I believe that *moral depravity is the root of cause of corruption*. Our nation has completely deprived of the moral feelings, ethics and islamic values at all. Everyone has maintained a white eye and hunting for the oppertunity to make his hands dirty. The basic thinking of our society including politicians and all bodies is corrupt.

I believe if we somehow bring our self home that its not the corruption which is the problem but its the lack of islamic values and moral deprivation. No one is considering corruption and loot as illegal and un islamic rather considering it as their eternal right. Same is the reasoning offered by our religion Islam which focus on individual building, once the individual character is build up, then conrtuction of sky high building will come by itself.

Thanks for going through my ideas with me.

Be Blessed.

Maroof Hussain Chishty Wednesday, July 28, 2010 08:37 PM

lack of leader ship

My dear Khalid and all other members,
gold or wealth can't do any thing for the nation, these are only men who do all the works for the sake of their nation . if the leader of a nation is only honest to his nation, he will lead the nation to the sky as "Iqbal" said,

Nigah bulands, sukhn dil nawaz, jaan pur soz,
yahi hy rakht-e-safer meer-e-karwa'n k liye.

So the the main problem is "lack of leadership" only,
regards.

(KanWaL) Wednesday, July 28, 2010 09:30 PM

the most crucial problem in Pakistan is lack of accountability.
if all the people and public factionaries consider themselves accountable.all the problem of Pak will minimise..

waseem gul Jadoon Wednesday, July 28, 2010 09:39 PM

In my view about that what is the main problem of Pakistan ? I think first we should know that which is the basic root of these problems and who creating them ? when we say lack of leadership so who elect the leader ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Common People .... so this mean is that there is something wrong with them I mean in commen men ....why they don't elect proper and good Leader .actually once people elect wrong person after 5 years they will not elect them but in our beloved country. Those people amazingly elect again. we can't refuse these facts. Our system has mismanagement,corruption and demarit amit many other problems .. I was talking about people, Majority of Pakistani people are illetrate and in our Rural areas poor people living like animal due to the feudalism. Pakistan 68% popullation living in Rural area. and 32% popullation living in Urban Area .unfortunately fundamental rights of living is not avaliable in Pakistan for 70% people . the reason behind it is our economic backward .... We seprated form British india in 1947 but still our industerial sector is underdevelop as well as our Agriculture sector is backward ... our education system is very bad and how can we develop if our generation will be ignorant,,,,, our federal expenditure is more than 80 % and development expenditure is less than 20 %. we have the 27 largest economy in the world . Pakistan showed light of industry to taiwan , korea and phillphines and others in six decade. they had left us very far, but now our economy has been distroied because of dismangment,curruption ,demerit, wrong policies , and the mein fact is unstable political situation. and more others problems ..............May Allah save us

Nazik Wednesday, July 28, 2010 09:52 PM

im my opinion Pakistan mumber one problem is low literacy rate and enlightened masses.

unsolved_Mystery Wednesday, July 28, 2010 10:09 PM

Self-Correction + Low Literacy rate :)

Tahir Sohail Tuesday, August 03, 2010 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=intelligentgal;202524]It is true that democratic ideals failed to get themselves firmly established in the political as well as in social sphere of this country and our neigboure who got her independence just one day later than us, has succeeded in taking strides on the road of democracy and thus is aheading towards becoming regional giant by leaps and bounds, thanks to strong democratic traditions there. A lot has been said about the causes and effects of our weak democratic history and so now need is to focus over the remedies. The first thing we need is the mass awareness, realisation on the part of people that they have a stake and indeed a very heavy stake in the establishment and then in the smooth running of the democratic system and to ensure it they have to play their active part. other changes would follow as a matter of fact. French Revolution changed the entire system of France particularly and Europe generally where first time in the history of mankind, people had awaken to assert their rights and role. Though apparently things did not change drastically for a year but the process of reformation had taken roots there. same degree of self consciousness is required to shake our people, only then we would be able to put our feet on the road of prosperity and progress.[/QUOTE]

Actually my concerns in this regard are quite grievous. I am fully convinced about the necessary evolutionary process of the changes that take place even through a radical revolution. From the death of the Baker to the establishment of the Fifth Republic on 4 October, 1958, and the role that Charles de Gaulle had played in the national history of France, is a living monument of an inevitable process of gradual development of what the French people desired 169 years ago. It is very logical that a radical change in a system invariably needs to be fully assimilated during a necessary teething period, and it is said very aptly that a revolution can have an easy going, but needs iron hands to sustain the same through consistent efforts and succession of the likeminded leadership, till it comes to its fruition. If a disease is not being cured after repeated doses of the same medicine, it very clearly indicates that either the diagnosis was defective, or the medicine being administered was wrong. In our case the British parliamentary democracy had been repeatedly applied and tested. The popular governments which came and went, due to many civil and military conspiracies, could not deliver the goods. It is useless to mention the reasons of its failure, since there have been multi-pronged explanations which in one way or the other amounted to mere passing the buck, or a filthy blame-game. My question is, why should we believe that the British-made democracy is the only system which can deliver us from our social, political and economic troubles. After all, under a strong Presidential system, although executed by a military general, was a period when the basic infrastructure of this country was built, and during the same period our per capita income was much higher than most of our regional partners, including the present so-called Asian Tigers. In my view, it is not the system which carried some inherent defects, but it was the governance which contains the secret of the Achilles Heel. We always talk about the continuity of the system, and had been lamenting upon the interruptions that had forced us every time to take a fresh start from A to Z. Why not to change the route, and through that address the real issues. Once the government is in place, the most essential aspect of governance should be taken into cognisance. This means, administrative reforms.

The civil bureaucracy which always basks under the soothing sun-shine of their political benefactors, is least pushed to take its role seriously. The method by which the young officers are inducted in the superior services, has never been the subject of discussion at any forum. They are taken for granted, as if they ascend on those important position through some celestial order, and as if they are beyond the approach of any temporal justice. Be it a military rule or democracy, they reign as the impervious gods in their sacerdotal pantheons. And if at all anyone of them is taken to the task of explaining about any of his deeds, it is not because of any legal or appropriate reason, but because of any other similar god’s displeasure. The importance of administrative reforms cannot be at any cost left unattended. It is the machinery of government, as a bridge, upon which the governance walks in. Various departments which have been clubbed under different ministries are studded with superfluous vacancies filled by the cronies of the high-ups. The national exchequer is groaning under the weight of unproductive expenditure, and most of the areas where money is urgently needed are abandoned to a criminal negligence. The budgetary allocations are not need-based, and millions of rupees get lapsed, including the supplementary and technical supplementary grants. Large cabinets have ransacked the federal and provincial secretariats where posting/transfers and promotions best suited to their vested interests are made without considering rules/regulations of Esta Code. The civil servants do not have an ensured tenures, and the best they could do in this regard is to keep their bosses happy, come what may. Governing process in the light of above and many other reasons need a thorough revision and implementation of already existing rules. Large number of petitions in the courts of law and especially in the FST for an early relief indicate the irregularities and injustice being done to many officers/officials of unblemished integrity. A large scale administrative reforms are therefore the need of the hour as this could be the only way to restore the public confidence in the ubiquitous administrative setup irrespective of all political changes.

kashali Tuesday, August 03, 2010 12:34 PM

well in my opinion [B]poverty and illiteracy[/B] are the main roots for this devastating conditions of Pakistan.

Poverty is giving rise to extremists, hence terrorism.

Illiteracy is holding us back to fight against our rights and corruption.

In short we should abolish Capitalism and encourage Communism. This could solve the entire problem.

Khanki2010 Tuesday, August 03, 2010 01:13 PM

The Main Problems

[QUOTE=Hafsah;18369]well, i consider ILLITERACY to be the ultimate challange/problem facing Pakistan in the past, present & will be there in the future until there is something done about it. it is the root cause of all other major problems that Pakistan has to cope with.[/QUOTE].

Besides, other problems the main problem in my view is lack of transparent systems in general with institutions, in particular with election comission, which is the ultimate body for granting efficient leadership to the nations in today's democratic system. Since the indepence we have been gone through several episodes of elections in Pakistan, but neither of each election has been proven to be the most productive in terms of bringing CHANGE to the nation.

abari Tuesday, August 03, 2010 05:02 PM

ideology of Pakistan

Pakistan came in to exist in the of ISLAM and we have constitution which has mostly articles related to Islam but no implementation.
If we people,i am asking to leader, follow the rules of Islam which has a complete code of life and recognize our rights as well as others rights then Pakistan can be come on to right track.
As ALLAH and PROPHET (PBUH) has mentioned that are the best Ummah and leaders of the world and if we follow this sentence and recognize ourselves then we will lead all over the world.

ayesha 786 Tuesday, August 03, 2010 05:56 PM

lack of leadership. there is no leadership in pakistan.if our leaders do work for the country and give preference to national interest over personal interest then they ppl are able to eliminate poverty, increase literacy rate, economy can grow. all these things need true leadership........and wt about our leadership......Pakistani Dob rahy hei aur President UK visit py Hein......check sincerety

Zohaib786 Tuesday, August 03, 2010 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=khalid;18240]which one of the following is the most serious problem/challenge which pakistan is facing presently?

1. poverty
2. illiteracy
3. corruption
3. terrorism/secterianism
4. foreign debt
5. restoration/promotion of democracy
6. water crisis
7. lack of leadership
8. population explosion
9. pollution
10.provincial disharmony ??

Waitng for your frank comments.

God bless the land of pure...!![/QUOTE]
corruption, due to lack of leadership. pakistan is a beautiful country with full of sleeping peoples in the hand of blind politicans.

Asif Jamal Tuesday, August 03, 2010 08:35 PM

Dear frndz in my oppinion corrupion is no 1 problm in pk

Farrah Zafar Friday, February 18, 2011 02:04 PM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Sienna"]Pakistan's no.1 problem is;

Emotionalism[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Mazharali Friday, February 18, 2011 02:33 PM

Problems facing Pakistan.

Countless problems are in front of Pakistan. They can be elaborated as Internal and External problems of Pakistan. Internally we are in hot water, corruption, mismanagement, mul-functioning of institutions, terrorism, lack of sincere politicians, illiteracy and various troubles proved achilles heel in the rapid development of Pakistan. There is not any crises whatsoever, but the senseless attitude towards masses of pure land. Pakistan has mineral resources, agricultural and renewable resources for smoothly improvement in every sector. A small sense and courage can make the country a developed and an advanced state of the world.

Riaz Ahmed Alizai Friday, February 18, 2011 03:01 PM

Wash Aathke

Poverty,the mother of all evils.

mjkhan Friday, February 18, 2011 03:34 PM

the priority of a state should be in the following order(problems faced by pakistan)

1.health
2.education
3.agriculture
4.industry

unforunately health and education are on the lowest slab on the govt. priority list since the inception of our country.these are the foundations on which development and progress of any country is based.

all the problems which we are witnessing today are the result of keeping the people deprived of their basic human rights of health and education.make me the finance minister and these two areas would be the most funded ones by the govt.

Rixwan Friday, February 18, 2011 05:17 PM

[QUOTE=Farrah Zafar;267762][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Sienna"]Pakistan's no.1 problem is;

Emotionalism[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]this is because we lack education...coz when there is no Logic...emotions take place...therefore illiteracy is the main issue....[/FONT]

Khurshid.A.Mahsud Friday, February 18, 2011 05:32 PM

Our biggest problem is that we think that Sovereignty is "Halway ki Plate" that we can have it without paying the price for it.

12:19 PM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.