Sunday, April 28, 2024
10:33 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, April 23, 2011

Fading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really nice
Default Lack of Literary Revolutionists

Today,after an electricity failure of more than 18 hours, i was thinking that what is the fate of my Motherland? i peeped into the past and then pondered on the prevailing situations (energy crisis, leadership crisis, and many more), i found one huge vaccume in the field of literature. we do not have literary revolutionists, like Sir syed, Iqbal, Haali, Hafeez, Habeeb jalib, Faiz and many others feeling the pains of the Motherland, among our contemporary literary community and if there is someone, he is not on the scene for the time being. history reveals that Great men revolutionized the lives of people with the power of PEN. but now youth have their own affairs they feel good using net instead of reading some good books. perhaps this is the reason of our downfall (social, economic,moral etc.) that we have turned our side from the value of literature in our lives......
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

The changing time has changed our priorities as well. I used to have some books on my bedside table but now-a-days a laptop is there. Book fares were much sought after events and visiting old bookshops around Anarkali was must every now and then. Libraries were good place to spend time. In past, i was member of all the libraries of Lahore. :mellow Sometime we used to visit Pak tea House in order to see the literary figures sitting there. I am not sure what the youth of today are doing in search of knowledge, but it is for sure that books and libraries are not so popular as they used to be in recent past. And literature is spread through books and magazines not through the net.
Fading Glimpse (Sunday, April 24, 2011)

UltimateCSP will become famous soon enoughUltimateCSP will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
literature is spread through books and magazines not through the net.
I think almost all good books are available in soft copy formate. and when we have an easy access to knowledge through net, then why to dig into hard copies?

Miss khoso will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiashah View Post
Today,after an electricity failure of more than 18 hours, i was thinking that what is the fate of my Motherland? i peeped into the past and then pondered on the prevailing situations (energy crisis, leadership crisis, and many more), i found one huge vaccume in the field of literature. we do not have literary revolutionists, like Sir syed, Iqbal, Haali, Hafeez, Habeeb jalib, Faiz and many others feeling the pains of the Motherland, among our contemporary literary community and if there is someone, he is not on the scene for the time being. history reveals that Great men revolutionized the lives of people with the power of PEN. but now youth have their own affairs they feel good using net instead of reading some good books. perhaps this is the reason of our downfall (social, economic,moral etc.) that we have turned our side from the value of literature in our lives......
Its a bitter truth of our time that there is lack of literary revolutionists. Neither we have good writers nor good readers. Writers reflect their society in their works. But unfortunately we don't have such writings these days. We have changed our priorities now. You have rightly pointed out the fact that this is the reason of our social, economic and moral downfall. We have forgotten the power of PEN.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss khoso For This Useful Post:
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

@ Ultimate CSP

Soft copies may be available on net but one need an internet connection, computer and electricity to reach them. The electricity is short and net is not in the reach of everyone. And the reading of book by holding it in your hand has no match to reading it on screen of a monitor.

UltimateCSP will become famous soon enoughUltimateCSP will become famous soon enough

yeah i agree... electricity is a real drawback...

Thanked 1,049 Times in 524 Posts
Waqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud ofWaqar Abro has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiashah View Post
Good topic indeed!
Since the very inception of this country ,we have been suffering from paucity of electricity despite having natural resources in enormous amount.
Thar coal is ample proof in this regard.
As far literary revolutionist are concerned,the youth,we witness today,have enough time to use face book or other social networking sites instead of inking the present scenario for the posterity in black and white.
Needless to say,the interest in education,two or four decays ago,was on the peak.
People of this country did not only write good articles,novels,books and poems but also contributed in different fields nicely.
Today,people of this country,just get education only for their livelihood not for the betterment of Pakistan.
The Following User Says Thank You to Waqar Abro For This Useful Post:
Old Sunday, April 24, 2011

Fading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really niceFading Glimpse is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
@ Ultimate CSP

Soft copies may be available on net but one need an internet connection, computer and electricity to reach them. The electricity is short and net is not in the reach of everyone. And the reading of book by holding it in your hand has no match to reading it on screen of a monitor.
I agree with sociologist tht a buk in hand has no match to reading on the screen. some buks r like precious treasure and meant to b preserved, worth to b quoted. a simple example, apart 4m electricity failure, we can read QURAN at internet (i knw QURAN has no comparison) so it means that we should not keep it at homes? authorz put there blood in their creations, i have Kuliyat-e-Iqbal, whenevr i read it i visit a new worldworth living and amazing.

ravian786 will become famous soon enoughravian786 will become famous soon enough

With due respect,I partially disagree with Jia while quoting QURAN in comparison.Their r certain religious and spiritual bondings with this Holy Book,so why people keep it and also read it.As far as the decay of literary revolutions is concerned i believe in one word answer and that is Materialistic approach of our society..

ravian am sorry if i failed to convey my message. i qouted that Quran has no comparison, dear... what i wanted to say was that there are many books which are worth to b preserved, and there are many books which are clear cut TAFSEERS of Quran because our lives, as Muslims, revolve around this BOOK. and as far as Materialistic approach is concerned, we have been materialized due the ignorance of books......