Monday, April 29, 2024
03:40 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, May 09, 2011
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

If you are from a rich family background, then yes you can survive without corruption and can Enjoy a civil officer life even more (Note I am not saying that you will surely not indulge in corruption, but you will have no logical reason to indulge in it)

If you are from a poor family background, sooner or later you'll get involved in corruption as it's not possible to live a comfortable life and support your family and children education in a civil officer salary (not at least for the first 10-15 years, those years are the most imp of your life)

Please know, using service car (for personal use), service telephone (for personal use) and many other benefits given to you for official use If used for personal use is also corruption (sadly, 99% of the civil officers are involved in this). Also, Corruption of Rs 1 or corruption of rs 100 million, both is called "Corruption"
Old Monday, May 09, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

Any officer with limited needs can survive in his salary without any problem. On the other hand an officer with unlimited needs CAN NOT survive in his salary as he is fond luxuries of life like a big house/car, foregin tours, expensive cloths, trendy private schools for kids, imported cigrattes and perfumes and all other costly things that are not required by an honest officer.

So it depends upon officer wheather he wants to survive on his salary or not.
Tooba Malik (Monday, May 09, 2011)
Old Monday, May 09, 2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
is fond luxuries of life like a big house/car, foregin tours, expensive cloths, trendy private schools for kids, imported cigrattes and perfumes and all other costly things that are not required by an honest officer.
If you are rich you can already have all that and would not require corruption on other hand If you are not you will surely require to indulge in corruption for all that. I, however understand what you were trying to say .. human desires never end, they only grow but to be honest I know some officers that are honest (civil officers) and are enjoying all the luxuries you mentioned above, not because they are corrupt but because they come from wealthy families.

So, my point is, the luxuries you mentioned are not bad to enjoy if and only if you can get them without indulging in corruption, it's not a sin, if one can afford it, why not?
Old Monday, May 09, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012- Roll No 5644

TheUniter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I think we can't allow a person to go for a minor corruption since the govt. has defined salary structure and any kind of corruption is haram in our religion and the culprits will be comprehended on Dooms Day.
Yes, you are right. Even a penny of corruption is disallowed in Islam. There is very harsh punishment in Islam for corruption. A person is said to have had sex with his mother who has taken or given bribe.Then how many muslims commit this sin daily in Pakistan?

But I too am confused about double-standard of those civil servants who commit corruption but at the same time offer 5-times prayers and have beard like that of molvis. I think their prayer is useless and will not be accepted on the Doomsday.What do you say about this?
Old Monday, May 09, 2011
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUniter View Post
Yes, you are right. Even a penny of corruption is disallowed in Islam. There is very harsh punishment in Islam for corruption. A person is said to have had sex with his mother who has taken or given bribe.Then how many muslims commit this sin daily in Pakistan?
I agree. However, I seriously am confused, Are we hypocrites or what? I mean, Come on .. How many of us have never involved in corruption (If corruption is giving and/or taking bribe) ? I think most of the people don't believe in the Quran and Islam however they only say they do because If they know they will get punishment hereafter why are they actively involved in it? I am not blaming anyone else, I myself am involved and I bet even you are and everyone else Is. I bribed a clerk at National ID center because my card was purposely being delayed (even the operators on their helpline told my my card has arrived) and when the person took money he immediately delivered it.. similarly in pakistan each and everyone has given bribe one time or another .. I myself think im a hypocrite sometimes, lol.. :/

Quote:
But I too am confused about double-standard of those civil servants who commit corruption but at the same time offer 5-times prayers and have beard like that of molvis. I think their prayer is useless and will not be accepted on the Doomsday.What do you say about this?
lol me too. Those who are most corrupt indulge in charity and 5 time prayers very often, This is very confusing to me as well .. I think they do this because they think that God might forgive them by doing all this but this is indeed very surprising
Old Monday, May 09, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012- Roll No 5644

TheUniter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I agree. However, I seriously am confused, Are we hypocrites or what? I mean, Come on .. How many of us have never involved in corruption (If corruption is giving and/or taking bribe) ?
You are right. Nobody can claim that he has not committed a sin or corruption.But this should not be a reason to indulge ourselves in corruption.It is a weakness to submit and lose to system and this is one of the major reasons for indulging in corruption. Practically i have seen many people who are of this opinion;They say "When everyone commits corruption, then why should not i?". Nobody ll save another one on the doomsday;Everyone has to enter into ones own grave.Everyone has to play ones part to eradicate corruption from society.People,who are presently honest and perform their duty properly,are playing their role;I think they should be appreciated publicly.But these people undergo sufferings and humiliation at the hands of the corrupt because there is majority of the corrupt people and the honest are in minority.
Quote:
I think most of the people don't believe in the Quran and Islam however they only say they do because If they know they will get punishment hereafter why are they actively involved in it
We are going onto philosophy of Islamic punishment and the doomsday. On the doomsday, everyone will have to account for ones deeds and a Muslim is no exception.
Hamza Salick (Tuesday, May 10, 2011)
Old Tuesday, May 10, 2011

aariz is just really niceaariz is just really niceaariz is just really niceaariz is just really nice

Nadra and Paksitan Motorway Police are the departments that are spared from corruption. If u are against malpractice then its better not join civil service.
Look career in private sector.
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: 31st CTP , FSP

mahfari is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Dear,

Ever heard about Hazrat Umar RA's ideas about swindling from Bait-al-Mal.........his view was if he took money from Bait-al Mal...then state was not looking after him/her properly. On this reason punishment was not the only solution.

As to mentioning 1 rupee and one crore example....it is basic local unrealistic thought, which was employed by Brahmans to make people guilty conscious and rule superbly. In Islam there is concept of NISAB even for Zakat implementation and also for punishing for stealing etc.

If a person is hungry and unable to get legitimate means for survival...laws do not apply to that person. Hazrat Umer RA waived stealing punishment during famine.

Issues are not mere rich back ground or poor background. It varies from person to person.
The Following User Says Thank You to mahfari For This Useful Post:
mjkhan (Tuesday, May 10, 2011)

Usman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of lightUsman Cheema is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
There is very harsh punishment in Islam for corruption. A person is said to have had sex with his mother who has taken or given bribe.
First of all correct yourself dear brother this is not said about bribe or corruption but "sood".

Coming to the topic I want to say that in the present circumstances its almost impossible to survive without corruption. Besides the reasons mentioned by the other fellows like enjoying the luxuries or vice versa there is another major reason and that is this that even if a person is satisfied with his salary and benfits and do not induldge in corruption for the want of money etc. his life is made a hell by his own subordinates and bosses. He will be facing inquiries, transfers, political pressures and all these things quite frequently. Every one can bear these things upto a certain extent which when exceeds the said person too start doing what the others are doing. So this is another form of corruption called forced corruption.

Regards,

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbreak View Post
Salam,

Dear Members,

I read the articles of Syed Sadat I am corrupt, honestly! | Newspaper | DAWN.COM and he truly depicted the prevailing situation of corruption in our civil service.

I want to ask a question to people serving in civil service, is it really impossible to survive without corruption? There are different kinds of 'uper ke amdani' some go for extreme and some only to extent in order to fulfill their daily expenditure.

I think we can't allow a person to go for a minor corruption since the govt. has defined salary structure and any kind of corruption is haram in our religion and the culprits will be comprehended on Dooms Day.

Kindly throw light on this topic what should be the proper way to remain honest in such a society. Moreover, I heard that an honest officer is denied good postings and high ups always complain of their behavior.

Your precious views are appreciated.

Thanks,
this question really strikes in mind. one reason for being corrupt is your economic resources.one can do part times jobs as teaching in civil service acadmy and others.but when officers ordered to do wrong than you have only one choice to accept or reject.Rejectiom means being ousted from your status quo. So very few remain honest