Monday, April 29, 2024
02:15 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, May 08, 2011
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom
Default Is it really hard to survive without corruption?

Salam,

Dear Members,

I read the articles of Syed Sadat I am corrupt, honestly! | Newspaper | DAWN.COM and he truly depicted the prevailing situation of corruption in our civil service.

I want to ask a question to people serving in civil service, is it really impossible to survive without corruption? There are different kinds of 'uper ke amdani' some go for extreme and some only to extent in order to fulfill their daily expenditure.

I think we can't allow a person to go for a minor corruption since the govt. has defined salary structure and any kind of corruption is haram in our religion and the culprits will be comprehended on Dooms Day.

Kindly throw light on this topic what should be the proper way to remain honest in such a society. Moreover, I heard that an honest officer is denied good postings and high ups always complain of their behavior.

Your precious views are appreciated.

Thanks,
Old Sunday, May 08, 2011

Shafique Malik is on a distinguished road
Default Corruption

Dear friend our country is facing this problem since when it born. We have its roots in our foundations. So it takes time to get rid of that problem. It needs strict Policy's and Rules and Regulations from Highest level and most important it should be implemented strictly and honestly so that our country's most problems like Unemployment , Poverty, Justice, and many more can be automatically solved. Now a days it is a big problem for those people who are honest and working in a civil service of Pakistan are surviving very badly. They are facing many problems during their daily routine matters. Most corruption we see in those departments which are dealing directly with public like Police. So they take benefit of Uniform and increase their part in flourishing Corruption.
Old Sunday, May 08, 2011

shtanzeel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbreak View Post
Salam,

Dear Members,

I read the articles of Syed Sadat I am corrupt, honestly! | Newspaper | DAWN.COM and he truly depicted the prevailing situation of corruption in our civil service.

I want to ask a question to people serving in civil service, is it really impossible to survive without corruption? There are different kinds of 'uper ke amdani' some go for extreme and some only to extent in order to fulfill their daily expenditure.

I think we can't allow a person to go for a minor corruption since the govt. has defined salary structure and any kind of corruption is haram in our religion and the culprits will be comprehended on Dooms Day.

Kindly throw light on this topic what should be the proper way to remain honest in such a society. Moreover, I heard that an honest officer is denied good postings and high ups always complain of their behavior.

Your precious views are appreciated.

Thanks,
As far as postings are concerned, it depends upon the concerned CM, his Principal Secretary & CS. If these three persons are honest, then postings are given to honest officers and bad reputed officers are kept away from important postings.
However, if WW CM, CS, and Principal Secretary are on the helm of affairs than posting are given to the blue eyed, and shareef officers are kept at side line posts like Secy (ERB), Secy (archieves) etc
Old Sunday, May 08, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012- Roll No 5644

TheUniter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You are right,there are different kinds of unlawful earnings but it is incorrect to say that it is impossible to survive without corruption.There are many civil servants,whom i personally know, who survive without corruption(paanchon ungliyan barabar nahin).It is also a wrong perception that govt servants commit corruption because their salary is too short or low.It is wrong. One of my friend, who was appointed in DGPR in Dec-2008 now draws salary of Rs.25000/=approximately. Is it not enough for an average family to survive on this salary? On the other hand govt annually increases salary which also covers inflation.

One is compelled to commit corruption only when one's needs exceed one's income. But why do we enhance our desires and needs?(chaadar utni phelaani chahye jitni zaroorat ho if my quote is right).We are ourselves responsible for increasing the needs and corruption.

Have you ever thought why there is little corruption in private organizations? It is so because there is strict check and balance in these organizations but not because of increased salaries. If there is no check and balance and practice of punishment in the private organizations, then employees of these organizations too will be corrupt.

You have triggered my favorable topic and i ll post some discussions later.
Old Sunday, May 08, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,060 Posts
Taimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant future

An honest person need no reason to do his duty honestly.
Old Sunday, May 08, 2011

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taimoor Gondal View Post
An honest person need no reason to do his duty honestly.

you may be right infact you are right but we need to read what is written on the other side of coin.here is what it states

contrary to honesty and honest persons dishonesty and dishonest person(generally) needs some reasons and unfortunately the package offered to civil servants is potentially capable of serving this cause of dishonesty.

eliminate the reason.this not for some individual person but for the system as a whole.25000 ki pay aur croron k ikhtiyarat aur insaan ma maujood achai aur burai ka mada...anyone can deter from siraat a mustaqeem.
Shafique Malik (Sunday, May 08, 2011)
Old Sunday, May 08, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Taimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant futureTaimoor Gondal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkhan View Post
you may be right infact you are right but we need to read what is written on the other side of coin.here is what it states

contrary to honesty and honest persons dishonesty and dishonest person(generally) needs some reasons and unfortunately the package offered to civil servants is potentially capable of serving this cause of dishonesty.

eliminate the reason.this not for some individual person but for the system as a whole.25000 ki pay aur croron k ikhtiyarat aur insaan ma maujood achai aur burai ka mada...anyone can deter from siraat a mustaqeem.
jo croron k ikhtiarat hasil ker k Sirat e Mustakeem se hat jaey wo honest nahi aur main ne honest person ki baat ki hay.
honest hamiahsa honest rehta hay aur jo hamisha honest na rahay wo honest nhn corrupt hota hay
Old Sunday, May 08, 2011

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taimoor Gondal View Post
jo croron k ikhtiarat hasil ker k Sirat e Mustakeem se hat jaey wo honest nahi aur main ne honest person ki baat ki hay.
honest hamiahsa honest rehta hay aur jo hamisha honest na rahay wo honest nhn corrupt hota hay

baat niklay gee to bohat door tak jaey gee.but ap ki post sa hazrat ALI(a.s) ki aik baat yad a gai jis ka mafhoom ye tha

ikhtiyar milnay k bad insaan badalta nahee hai balkey us ki asliat samnay a jati hai.(this is in accordance to your post but that does not mean i have given up my stance on the isuue)
Taimoor Gondal (Sunday, May 08, 2011)
Old Sunday, May 08, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkhan View Post
baat niklay gee to bohat door tak jaey gee.but ap ki post sa hazrat ALI(a.s) ki aik baat yad a gai jis ka mafhoom ye tha

ikhtiyar milnay k bad insaan badalta nahee hai balkey us ki asliat samnay a jati hai.(this is in accordance to your post but that does not mean i have given up my stance on the isuue)
Hazrat Ali (R.A) k qaul k baad meri aur app ki baat ki koi auqat nhn reh jati and exactly this is right.
thank you app ne mera point clear ker diya
Old Monday, May 09, 2011

Thanked 1,356 Times in 719 Posts
unsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbreak View Post
is it really impossible to survive without corruption?
Yes, one can "only survive" without corruption. He cannot think of his own house, nor can afford to provide his children with better rather good education resulting in no good job for them except clerk, naib qasid, water carrier, a private school teacher, etc. Will die leaving a gift of loan to be paid by his family, and some hundreds rupees in his bank account, which he could not get, as ATM does not allow less than Rs.500/-.
But, Yes, Surely, He will "Survive".
Shafique Malik (Monday, May 09, 2011)