Wednesday, May 08, 2024
06:29 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hannibal will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
Religion has its role in bonding the provinces of Pakistan but beside with religion a Pakistani culture has also evolved in the last 63 years that keep the people glued of all provinces.
Have not you noticed the commonalities between us ?
Urdu the national language is understood and spoken in all parts of Pakistan.
Our national dress is Shalwar+qameez that is used by all from khyber to karachi.
Cricket is a game that is loved by all and everybody forgets about his/her ethnicity and feel a proud Pakistani when our team wins a match. Our food habits are same and one can find the same food wheather in Peshawar, Lahore, Quetta or karachi. Our heros are same in the entertainment world and most of our national leaders enjoy popularity in every part of the country. We have Newspapers that are distributed and read from Gilgit to karachi the same day. We have fashion designers that have their outlets in all provinces and people like the same fashion and style that is popular in other provinces. And there are several other examples that shows the presence of a strong PAKISTANI CULTURE that has bonded all the provinces and people with a common heritage. The minorities of pakistan also practice this culture although they are non-muslim and found in all provinces which shows that beside with religion, we have a common culture that bring us togather.
So beside with religion, it is our common HERITAGE and CULTURE that bonded us togather as one NATION.
Who provided you such fake information. You are miles away from the reality .
I am a baloch, won't claim the situation of anyother province but Balochistan. First a baloch's culture and living style is a thousand times different from other provinces.
Shalwar kameez is the national dress, our traditional dresses differ . And cricket is only loved by one tenth of population or may be less . Most of them love football .
And please come and find out a single outlet of HSY,OUTFITTERS and any other single brand in second largest city of balochistan. And one thing this land of pure doesnot end in karachi . It is the Mand in Makran division near iran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechrose37 View Post
Baluchs feel that no such commonality exists between them and Federation .We have to make them feel that their independent status would further devastate them.
Your second statement is very true but the way they are being treated , the target killing, abduction of youths and their bodies gifted on eid day , have left them no choice. What you say now brother . Is it the way to make up their mind . In This helpless situation they can seek help from our enemies and they are ready to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaara~hussain View Post
who said Provinces are together in Pakistan? lol isn't a joke?
. Please discuss. I really am interested to read your worthy thoughts .
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

@ Meharwaan

Bhai jaan all these things will look to you real when you will think like a Pakistani.

Hannibal will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
@ Meharwaan

Bhai jaan all these things will look to you real when you will think like a Pakistani.
Indeed I love my homeland , and will struggle for its betterment thats why i cannot accept the things the way they are right now. Be realistic . Our image is known through out the world and it is really very bad. When We the young generation would start thinking the same you mentioned then what do we improve. i strongly recommend you to watch Hasan Nisar, a famous journalist but with some bitter truth, videos. Hopefully he would make the picture clear to you. But please let me add one thing , what you have discussed before this post , is the view of most of students in punjab and i used to listen them all and tried my best to represent the clear image. This is really not pessimism , this is the only way to develop , first know your weakness and come up with better plan. Simply hiding them wont do anything better
42nd CTP (PG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 208

candidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meherwaan View Post
Indeed I love my homeland , and will struggle for its betterment thats why i cannot accept the things the way they are right now. Be realistic . Our image is known through out the world and it is really very bad. When We the young generation would start thinking the same you mentioned then what do we improve. i strongly recommend you to watch Hasan Nisar, a famous journalist but with some bitter truth, videos. Hopefully he would make the picture clear to you. But please let me add one thing , what you have discussed before this post , is the view of most of students in punjab and i used to listen them all and tried my best to represent the clear image. This is really not pessimism , this is the only way to develop , first know your weakness and come up with better plan. Simply hiding them wont do anything better
True!I really feel for them.I had chanced to read an article by an American writer,wherein stated the reason for the backwardness of Balochistan.He attributed this misery to the our geography alone.I see some wrong steps taken by our Govt for that matter.

As far as the question of religion as a binding force is concerned,Meharwaan bro,If we could Hold on firmly to the Rope of Allah and not get divided in sects and ethnic groups etc,religion,is a binding force.

As you just said,there's nothing common b/w Balochs and the rest of Pakistanis(I'm not 100% convinced but let's assume if it's the case).Then is not the religion,the last resort?
(birds of a feather flock together)

The problem,in our country is that most of the tribes etc-i won't name them-have placed their traditions above religion,and these are the very tribes that are suffering big time.Most of these tribes follow the doctrine of nationalism but I'm afraid they are ethnic nationalists,wish they were Muslim nationalists or Pakistani nationalists.The need of the hour is to develop Pakistani nationalism for which we need a leader like The Quaid.

In one of your previous posts you had stated that a hungry man needs food rather than religion.Bro-though he can complain about not getting enough facilities-those days are long gone,when people used to die of hunger.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold

If religion was the only bond, Pakistan would not have lost its eastern arm and conversely, our neighbor India would have disintegrated in very early stages.Our ruling elites must now realise , though its too late, that religion should not serve an excuse to enhance personal interest and deny the ethnic, geographic and linguistic identities.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saleeqa Batool For This Useful Post:
candidguy (Tuesday, May 24, 2011), Hannibal (Tuesday, May 24, 2011)
42nd CTP (PG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 208

candidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to behold

Yes!I should have placed equity/equality to be the first condition in my last post.

Thanked 1,387 Times in 547 Posts
SYEDA SABAHAT is a splendid one to beholdSYEDA SABAHAT is a splendid one to beholdSYEDA SABAHAT is a splendid one to beholdSYEDA SABAHAT is a splendid one to beholdSYEDA SABAHAT is a splendid one to beholdSYEDA SABAHAT is a splendid one to beholdSYEDA SABAHAT is a splendid one to behold

candid guy i am not very good in disscusion,i am trying for the first time so if i do any mistake plz point it out.

well my answer would be ashaar of allama iqbal

Ha zinda faqat wahdat-i-ifqaar se milat
wahdat ho fanna jis sa wo ilhaam bhi ilhaad

[B]Hawas na kar dya tukre tukre noa insan ko
ikhoowat ka bayan ho ja,mohabbat ki azban ho ja
ye hindi,wo hurasani ye afghani wo turani
tu ay sharminda-i-sahil uchal kar bekaran ho ja
gubaar alood ran-o- nasab han bal-o-par tere
tu ay murg-i-haram urne se pehle pur fishan ho ja.[/
B]

in the last i want to say

sahara jo kisi ka dhoondhte han behar-i-hasti ma
sanfeena aise logon ka hameesha doob jata ha.

Maza deti han zindagi ki thokerin unko,jinhen NAAM-E-KHUDA le kar sanbhal janey ki adat ho.
The Following User Says Thank You to SYEDA SABAHAT For This Useful Post:
candidguy (Tuesday, May 24, 2011)
42nd CTP (PG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYEDA SABAHAT View Post
candid guy i am not very good in disscusion
Neither am i,sis.I'm here to make errors,as errors are integral to learning.They say"If you want to learn,double your error rate".This forum is a platform where you can hone your writing skills.
The Following User Says Thank You to candidguy For This Useful Post:
SYEDA SABAHAT (Tuesday, May 24, 2011)

xaara~hussain is a glorious beacon of lightxaara~hussain is a glorious beacon of lightxaara~hussain is a glorious beacon of lightxaara~hussain is a glorious beacon of lightxaara~hussain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meherwaan View Post
Who provided you such fake information. You are miles away from the reality .
I am a baloch, won't claim the situation of anyother province but Balochistan. First a baloch's culture and living style is a thousand times different from other provinces.
Shalwar kameez is the national dress, our traditional dresses differ . And cricket is only loved by one tenth of population or may be less . Most of them love football .
And please come and find out a single outlet of HSY,OUTFITTERS and any other single brand in second largest city of balochistan. And one thing this land of pure doesnot end in karachi . It is the Mand in Makran division near iran.

Your second statement is very true but the way they are being treated , the target killing, abduction of youths and their bodies gifted on eid day , have left them no choice. What you say now brother . Is it the way to make up their mind . In This helpless situation they can seek help from our enemies and they are ready to do so.

. Please discuss. I really am interested to read your worthy thoughts .
these are my thoughts dear! unity naam ki chees nahi provinces main...religion bhi sirf apne faiday k liye istmaal main hai yahan. iska provinces k apas k taaluqqat se koi laina daina nahi.

and I am kind of lethargic to 'bahas-braye-bahas' these days!
The Following User Says Thank You to xaara~hussain For This Useful Post:
Hannibal (Tuesday, May 24, 2011)
42nd CTP (PG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaara~hussain View Post
these are my thoughts dear! unity naam ki chees nahi provinces main...religion bhi sirf apne faiday k liye istmaal main hai yahan. iska provinces k apas k taaluqqat se koi laina daina nahi.

and I am kind of lethargic to 'bahas-braye-bahas' these days!
So the coda of discussion is,

"Dispense with economic inequity first,that will usher in an era of prosperity,then,the only binding force that can bind us all is Our true religion".

Hope,everyone is happy now?