Wednesday, May 15, 2024
07:21 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, June 17, 2011

siraj narejo will become famous soon enough

and i am sure there is no Sindhi or Baloch general in this elite lot. and the rest you can guess!
Old Saturday, June 18, 2011

mujipak is on a distinguished road

184 Generals? I am sure all of those are not the Lt. Generals, they would be Brigaderes, Maj.Gen, Lt.Gen

I don't think so that there will be no Sindhi or Baloch general. I accept that most of the generals are Punjabi, Pukhtoon and Urdu speakings but there should be Sindhi and Balochi generals too.

I have done a little bit of research on the demographic distribution of Armed officers. I am amazed that there is a big number of Urdu speaking officers in Air Force. But the bottom line is that we all are Pakistanis and we are brothers each other.

Last edited by Predator; Monday, June 20, 2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old Sunday, June 19, 2011

umair jarwar will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleeqa Batool View Post
Political Governments are criticized , and rightly so, for having big cabinets.But i was surprised to know that there are 184 Serving Generals in Pakistan Army.Many of the branches , previously headed by low ranked officers , are now in the commands of Generals.The living standard of Generals shows as to what they are being paid from National Exchequer during service and after retirement.I dont know the exact number of Air marshals and commodores but promotions in all the three forces, as per my knowledge, are awarded proportionally.

I solicit the opinion of learned members whether there is need to rationalize this strength and if yes, then how it can be possible?

Well the Army is the biggest hurdle in the development of Pakistan. They waste the electricity in cantt areas in excessive street lighting but we do not have enough electricity to study for the next day paper.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to umair jarwar For This Useful Post:
afzalameenpk (Saturday, August 03, 2013), finder (Sunday, June 19, 2011)
Old Monday, July 29, 2013

farzansaeedkhan is on a distinguished road

Pakistan Army has a strength of more than 650,000 active duty and nearly 500,000 reserve troops. 180-190 Generals is a viable number for such a force. Now let me tell you all that in PAKISTAN ARMY a Brigadier is NOT considered a GENERAL, this is the reason why he's called a Brigadier and not a "Brigadier General".
In US Military, Colonels and Brigadiers commands Brigades, whereas, in Pakistan Army, ONLY Brigadiers command brigades.
Pakistani Military consumes nearly 17-18% of budget (you can calculate this yourself if you don't trust me).
Pakistani Military is the only functional state instituition at the moment. And Generals carry more influence than our politicians because the civilians have failed to grow balls.
Now lets answer the question of Baloch and Sindhi Generals. Son, this is Pakistan Army. And unlike the civilians of Pakistan, Pak Army is united. Our promotion system is free, fair, just and impartial. The number of Punjabi Generals is highest because more Punjabis join Army than Sindhi or Balochis. PS: I'm not a Punjabi.
The Following User Says Thank You to farzansaeedkhan For This Useful Post:
Sohail Kamran (Sunday, August 04, 2013)
Old Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Malik Ubaidullah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYEDA SABAHAT View Post
yes it is indeed need of the hour but my question is who will do this task?

sir military is using our resources negatively since independence. they never support any democratic govt. why? for the reason of accountability.

so many numbers of generals in a single army is like so many teachers in one class and then you can easily guess what result will come.

i think we should make a law through which a democratic goverment could easily control army and make amendments in thier prevailing systems.
Accountability is the need of the hour but would dare to bell this cat, who would make our mighty guardians subservient to civilian govt? The roots of Army has enshrined in our political system during last seven decades to the extent that it might take another seven decades to send army back to barracks and borders.
Old Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ismail Khan Swati is on a distinguished road

Well.... I myself dont know about the exact number of the generals, but if i take your word for it , and lets assume for a minute that is 184 or so. As said by another member, that Brigadier is also a one star general, named in pakistan as brigadier, where elsewhere it is termed as Brigadier General.
Firstly, just check the ration of these 184 against 600,000 of Army ??? and the paramilitary forces ? which are also commanded by generals ? ???
Secondly, The promotion to the coveted rank of general is after passing so much bars and hurdles along the way, the faclities are sitll way less than that of any BPS 22 rank civil officer. (protocol aside though)
Thirdly, There is a fix number / slots of promotion to each rank in the Army. Generals are not made , just on the qualification to become one, it is also on the vacancies. if 10 Brigadiers merit promotion to become a general but the vacancies are only 2, only 2 will make it through.
Old Wednesday, July 31, 2013

tajmeer will become famous soon enough

I think government should prepare a policy and rules regulation should be made for Army and other such organization which is going out of control of government. Most of the army personals have good pays and benefits and after retirement they enter in civilian organization on good post which is an injustice with civilian employees and fresh graduates because if the army personals will fill posts in civilian organization so how other people will get jobs. So i think government should impose a ban on jobs for retired army personals to create opportunities for new recruitment. In most of the civilian organizations key post holder are army personals which occupied the post civilian people don't get a chance to have promotion or get new jobs.
Old Saturday, August 03, 2013

farhanfani is on a distinguished road
Default 184 generals

well i m not preacher of army nor i m defending there back,but matter of fact is when you want to eradicate our so called parchi system than i stand accountable first than it becomes you, you and you.sorry to say as a nation we always tend to indoctrinate our ideas and thoughts in other minds despite of clearing ours.

maryam masood is on a distinguished road
Default @ umair jarwar

Quote:
Originally Posted by umair jarwar View Post
Well the Army is the biggest hurdle in the development of Pakistan. They waste the electricity in cantt areas in excessive street lighting but we do not have enough electricity to study for the next day paper.
army is not a hurdle in development of the pakistan. the main hurdle are those people whom we called the leaders. you must be proud on your army . the wastage of electricity is common in the houses and factories of those people who are our electives who actually moving us towards destruction
as far as in normal days we the comman man are wasting the electricity and we need it badly in exams we are responsible for wastage of electricity as well
farhanfani (Saturday, August 03, 2013)

afzalameenpk is on a distinguished road

Very Very tough task. but not impossible. It should be done.