Sunday, May 05, 2024
02:21 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, November 02, 2006

kimjones is on a distinguished road
Default Preception of Pakistan by Canadian Pakistani

Studying aborad surely gives a broder preception of the world. Through the help of many sources and faclities provided, people are able to come to conlusion on many problems in a much more effecient manner. Futhermore, living in Canada and currenlty attending High School in Toronto, you are shown the reality of many different cultures and backgrounds. Sometimes beign shocked by the very own preceptions of Pakistanis living abroad. When you hear what they have to say about Pakistan its not very different from Pakistanis living in Pakistan..."Pakistan ka kuch be nahi ho sakta". And I am sick of this.

Living in Canada for eight years and gaining my consciene in this very place has left me somewhat confused and frustrated. I had visited Pakistan last month and lived there for a month. When I came back from Pakistan to Canada, there was a girl, a Pakistani girl in my class who says "so going back to pakistan...didn't wake you up" and I thought for a second and than I said "I wasn't sleepin bitch". Too bad I said it in my head, kind of regret it now.

Now my dear brothers and sisters, I am in a dillemma. I want to come back to Pakistan to become a CSP, to try to change things a bit. I am not saying that I will be succesful at passing the exam but you are damn right that I will give my very best shot at it. But after weighing the good and the bad sides, Canada clearly is at a much higer level in almost every aspect (socially, economically). But I want to come back knowing that its not the best place for me to go, taking the competition under consideration and the amount of work required to pass the actual exam. I don't know why after knowing all of this I want to come back. Am I stubborn? Or Just ignorant to the reality of Pakistan?

What would you do in this situation?

And one more thing after passing the exam how long does it take to get an actual job. I have raised this question because I found very controversial answers. Please throw some light on this topic.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough

@kimjones

Dear i dunno how to respond u but one thing i am sure that if u r determined for this css, u will of course clear it with flying colors. Css is no a big eal in fact. look, it does not take that long to get the final job if u clear it and then appear in viva. Then u have to go for sort of trainings and finally u will grab the great job.

U have to study to bits, first. Well i dunno the approximate duratoin but i guess, it takes two weeks to give exams, then 4-5 months to get result. Then psychological tests get start in some 2-3 months. It takes 3-4 days in tests, then they give u result in a month. Then ur training starts. Training takes an year in academy at Lahore. Then aother training is also there, that takes another year or more. Thats all!

I request the seasoned ones to correct me if i was wrong in elucidating the aforementioned story.

2nd, if u wanna come bak to pak to change things, u r welcome because we know that Pak is in a dire need of experts, intellects and skills applicators. We do have experites but when we try to apply it over here, we really fail to do so because the problem's roots lies in the system. U can try to change the things around urself but u cant make amends in the whole system becaus only a revolution/miracle can do that.

All d best
Regards

Enlightened is on a distinguished road

Hi Kim,

Well it's great to see your motivation. I would mention two categories of people here. There are people who live because they have to and then there are people who live because they want to and make a purpose out of it. So decision is yours. However, you are still young and I think you should give yourself some time to decide wether you want to do CSS or not. I think people in high school usually have several ideas what they want to do. Just keep yourself updated and informed regarding CSS and concentrate on your education as that would be the path that will get you to achieve your goal. Make sure you take classes in University that you want to choose as optional for CSS as that would prepare you better in case you decide to go for CSS.
Don't take an emotional decision but weigh your options before you take such a drastic decision. Wish you all the best.
Old Friday, November 03, 2006

kimjones is on a distinguished road

I would liek to Thank everyone who responded.

I M POSSIBLE. I really need to talk to someone because I just have a few question regarding getting admission in a college in pakistan when i do return. Can I please have ur email address? So we can talk on msn. I would greatly apperciated ur help, because I do not have access to a lot of sources, since i am not in pakistan.
Old Friday, November 03, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough
Arrow

@ kimjones

My email id is over there on my profile, u may add me on yahoo. Hope i will b able to help u out. See u there...

http://www.cssforum.com.pk/members/i-m-possible.html

Regards