Thursday, May 16, 2024
07:07 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, February 06, 2012
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 08234

tknw01 will become famous soon enoughtknw01 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad786Khan View Post
Us kom ko shamsheer ke haajat nahi rehti
ho jis k jawanoon ke khudi soorat a follad

I wan't to ask here that even The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and his companions required SWORDS and they practically used them many a times, can we imagine that someone can have a KHUDI more than those men of GOD!
The crux of the verse mentioned above is that a true believer does not solely rely upon sword. There's a subtle difference between the need (what the situation demands - but not necessarily coincident with one's heartfelt urge) and the desire (the outright burning motivation) to do something. According to the philosophy of Sufism, when a believer wholly submits his will to Allah, his own needs & the ability to reason out of certain situations becomes secondary in nature. At times even when he does pick up the sword, its not motivated by his personal needs (hajat) but by the sheer flame of itaa'at of Allah (only Allah & nobody else - the soul of concept of khudi) in his heart.
Allah says in Quran: "Behold, all who pledge their allegiance to thee pledge their allegiance to God: the hand of God is over their hands." (48:10)
Adnan kh (Thursday, March 01, 2012)
Banned

Ahmad786Khan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknw01 View Post
The crux of the verse mentioned above is that a true believer does not solely rely upon sword. There's a subtle difference between the need (what the situation demands - but not necessarily coincident with one's heartfelt urge) and the desire (the outright burning motivation) to do something. According to the philosophy of Sufism, when a believer wholly submits his will to Allah, his own needs & the ability to reason out of certain situations becomes secondary in nature. At times even when he does pick up the sword, its not motivated by his personal needs (hajat) but by the sheer flame of itaa'at of Allah (only Allah & nobody else - the soul of concept of khudi) in his heart.
Allah says in Quran: "Behold, all who pledge their allegiance to thee pledge their allegiance to God: the hand of God is over their hands." (48:10)
No Offence, but, are we supposed to believe in Sufism, or just simple, plain Islam, adequately explained by the Messenger (SAW).
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 08234

tknw01 will become famous soon enoughtknw01 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad786Khan View Post
No Offence, but, are we supposed to believe in Sufism, or just simple, plain Islam, adequately explained by the Messenger (SAW).
None taken. Nobody's pushing you to believe in Sufism & give up your "plain Islam." I just tried to explain the context of the verse above according to my understanding that's all (which I think was misunderstood in the first place.) If, by any means, I had intended to kick off an argumentative case against your viewpoint, I'd have gone for the weaker link mentioned in your post concerning poetry & your outright denial of its status in Islam.. which I didn't. Reason? You can't really change anyone's long held beliefs & that too over the internet if you know what I mean. So, in that sense, I'm totally fine with your opinion against the role of Sufism. Peace!
Adnan kh (Thursday, March 01, 2012)
Old Thursday, February 09, 2012
Banned

Ahmad786Khan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknw01 View Post
None taken. Nobody's pushing you to believe in Sufism & give up your "plain Islam." I just tried to explain the context of the verse above according to my understanding that's all (which I think was misunderstood in the first place.) If, by any means, I had intended to kick off an argumentative case against your viewpoint, I'd have gone for the weaker link mentioned in your post concerning poetry & your outright denial of its status in Islam.. which I didn't. Reason? You can't really change anyone's long held beliefs & that too over the internet if you know what I mean. So, in that sense, I'm totally fine with your opinion against the role of Sufism. Peace!
Peace, it is, my friend. Actually I got ignited from the fact that those who pretend to be the descendants of Iqbal's philosophy of Khudi (The Armed Forces and iSi), deliver nothing (As the country requires some initiative in pursuit of our national KHudi).

Anyway, I still feel that Poetry (for the religious Purposes, only) may be allowed, but, it isn't something to be considered a holy pracice in its entirety (However, it may become holy if it is for the propagation of religion)

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahmad786Khan For This Useful Post:
syedrizwan (Sunday, September 01, 2013)