Friday, April 26, 2024
06:39 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, June 24, 2012

assassin007 is on a distinguished road
Post Muhammad Morsi (1st elected President of Egypt)

Today we've witnessed that an anarchy has come to an end and the era of democracy has started in Egypt. What do you think, how long this democracy will survive??? And what will be the consequences which will take place at the beginning??? Need answers with justifications and mature approach please avoid non-concerning answers. Thankew
44th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2015 - Merit 160Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,161 Times in 660 Posts
courageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin007 View Post
Today we've witnessed that an anarchy has come to an end and the era of democracy has started in Egypt. What do you think, how long this democracy will survive??? And what will be the consequences which will take place at the beginning??? Need answers with justifications and mature approach please avoid non-concerning answers. Thankew
After a long span of dictatorship and non-democratic setup, it is hard to believe that Democracy would survive for long. It would take sometime for the people and institutions to get used to this system. To me, a number of challenges are yet to be faced by the Egyptians to test how badly do they really want democracy.

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to courageneverdies For This Useful Post:
fromQAU (Monday, June 25, 2012)

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

The new democracy might well survive if the ambitions of the army are kept in check. I mean, it seems the generals want to keep some power as is shown by the recent actions of the SCAF (Supreme Council of the Armed Forces). On June 17, they issued a order, making the Egypt military independent of the government. The army now reserves the right to appoint all military leaders and the President can't even order troop deployment without the approval of the military council (I think this was done to make sure there was no aggression against Israel).

Also, some days back the Egyptian parliment was dismissed, something that is being blamed on the militaryand until a new assembly is elected, the SCAF has full legislative and executive powers.

So right now, its SCAF and not Mursi who's in control of Egypt. Te SCAF say they will relinquish powers to the President, but who knows when that will happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by courageneverdies View Post
After a long span of dictatorship and non-democratic setup, it is hard to believe that Democracy would survive for long. It would take sometime for the people and institutions to get used to this system. To me, a number of challenges are yet to be faced by the Egyptians to test how badly do they really want democracy.

Regards
But don't you thing every thing was pre-planned??? i mean to say may be external powers would be involving in Egypt's fall?? The fire blazed via social networking websites, so how could one say that the struggle was theirs ???
Old Monday, June 25, 2012

sarang ali shaikh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
to be honest era of anarchy has started now. there will be no center of power. we know army has grabbed extra powers in last days, on other hand people want democracy so result will be the same as Pakistan's. political point scoring on national issues and proxy wars between civilians and military will take place thus destabilization which will lead to weak economy and that will lead to weakness of state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarang ali shaikh View Post
to be honest era of anarchy has started now. there will be no center of power. we know army has grabbed extra powers in last days, on other hand people want democracy so result will be the same as Pakistan's. political point scoring on national issues and proxy wars between civilians and military will take place thus destabilization which will lead to weak economy and that will lead to weakness of state.
I don't think they will let their army take the control and rule over. . . they have got this independence with lot's of sacrificial and how could they will let it go so easily??? definitely there will be some sort problems at the beginning, but they will over come it because they know it's value. And as far as Pakistan is concern there is hell of the difference between Pakistan and Egypt. . . The Egyptians know how to handle the situation because they've been through it. . but we Pakistanis still lag behind enough, because we haven't won the war against load shedding yet then how we will be fighting for our moral rights. . . ?? And i think Egyptians won't let their country destabilize very soon they will fight till their last breath. . And in our case a big LOL
44th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2015 - Merit 160Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,161 Times in 660 Posts
courageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I don't think they will let their army take the control and rule over. . . they have got this independence with lot's of sacrificial and how could they will let it go so easily??? definitely there will be some sort problems at the beginning, but they will over come it because they know it's value. And as far as Pakistan is concern there is hell of the difference between Pakistan and Egypt. . . The Egyptians know how to handle the situation because they've been through it. . but we Pakistanis still lag behind enough, because we haven't won the war against load shedding yet then how we will be fighting for our moral rights. . . ?? And i think Egyptians won't let their country destabilize very soon they will fight till their last breath. . And in our case a big LOL
In an earlier post you opined that the Uprising of Egypt was pre-planned and favoured rather instigated by the 'outsiders' (If I read the meanings between lines correctly). I agree that it were the Egyptians who played the role. Had they not made Tahreer Square a battlefield by coming out of their homes, Egypt would have not changed. Now, when the regime has changed and 'democracy' seems to have come to Egypt, my question would be: Will the real powers that motivated and brought this change accept Egypt as a democracy? Secondly, the recent actions of the Military leadership of Egypt lead to the conclusion that not everything is well between the Civilian and Military top brass. Like most of the precedents, it has always been easy to buy off some generals to throw away the well-earned democracy.

Egyptian Army was not interested to be on the side of Husni Mubarak as we saw an early retreat and less blood-shed as compared to Libya and Syria. This was to retain the power in the times to come, to have a strong position in a weak future regime. Nevertheless, the Army would certainly take no risks if their interests are affected. The recent Egyptian military moves propose so.

I reserve my comments regarding Pakistan.

I hope the Egyptians enjoy their freedom for a rather long time with a democratic government to represent them.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by courageneverdies View Post
In an earlier post you opined that the Uprising of Egypt was pre-planned and favoured rather instigated by the 'outsiders' (If I read the meanings between lines correctly). I agree that it were the Egyptians who played the role. Had they not made Tahreer Square a battlefield by coming out of their homes, Egypt would have not changed. Now, when the regime has changed and 'democracy' seems to have come to Egypt, my question would be: Will the real powers that motivated and brought this change accept Egypt as a democracy? Secondly, the recent actions of the Military leadership of Egypt lead to the conclusion that not everything is well between the Civilian and Military top brass. Like most of the precedents, it has always been easy to buy off some generals to throw away the well-earned democracy.

Egyptian Army was not interested to be on the side of Husni Mubarak as we saw an early retreat and less blood-shed as compared to Libya and Syria. This was to retain the power in the times to come, to have a strong position in a weak future regime. Nevertheless, the Army would certainly take no risks if their interests are affected. The recent Egyptian military moves propose so.

I reserve my comments regarding Pakistan.

I hope the Egyptians enjoy their freedom for a rather long time with a democratic government to represent them.

Regards
No doubt efforts were all theirs and credit must got to them. . . But don't you think these nations were flourishing very well . . . here i mean to say that no doubt their rulers were ugly, leeches and were selfish by every mean. But they did a lot for their countries, people were getting more than that what they were deserving but the only problem was that they were there for too long period and were not giving chance to anyone else to come over and rule.Else everything was fine . . . And secondly the acceptance by g8's, g16's etc is concerned, i think they should give a warm welcome to this new democratic state. Because this agitation was injected by them and now they have to accept it by hook or by crook. . . And it's beginning sir ji so these sort of conflicts will take place but don't know for how long.

Regards