Monday, April 29, 2024
12:45 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, August 10, 2012

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about
Default Time to put Kashmir behind us

The Kashmir issue has been a bone of contention between Pakistan and India for far too long; we fought two wars over it and continue to be at loggerheads because of it which means the two countries are missing out on major benefits such as trade. At the same time, both Pakistan and India continue to spend huge sums over the issue which could be better utilized elsewhere. Pakistan especially, has too many other problems to carry this burden and now’s the time to make some tough decisions. The Kashmir issue must be solved and I believe the only viable solution is to declare the LoC to be the official Indo-Pak border.

Many people in Pakistan (and most Kashmiris) believe that Kashmir should become an independent country, but although this “compromise” looks good on paper, it’s highly impractical because of the complex and volatile politics of this region and because of the fact that neither India, nor Pakistan would be prepared t give up one square inch of Kashmiri land. That’s right; people may talk about a plebiscite all they want, but the fact remains that (Indian) Kashmir is now a fully integrated Indian province and the Indian public wouldn’t be very happy with giving up the land. The same goes for the Pakistanis, they may hold rallies for the rights of Kashmiris, but they aren’t genuinely interested in giving up Azad Kashmir and with it, Mangla Dam (so important in this era of load shedding). Finally, the point I’m trying to make is that it will be very hard, in fact almost impossible for the people of both countries to agree to give up their part of Kashmir. One may argue that it is only the wishes of the Kashmiris that matter, but unfortunately, life isn’t fair; the fate of the Kashmiris will most probably be decided not by themselves, but by the governments of India and Pakistan.

Secondly, as I mentioned earlier, the politics of the region make an independent Kashmir impractical. An independent Kashmir would be strategically located, sharing borders with Pakistan, India and China and the three countries will be ceaselessly try to influence the small nation. In fact, an independent Kashmir will, in all probability be controlled by one of these three, much like Afghanistan was controlled by Pakistan for so many years. If after everything, Pakistan and India end up competing for influence over an independent Kashmir, as they most probably will, then wouldn’t we have just exchanged one problem for another?

Of course, most Pakistanis are still adamant on the whole of Kashmir being a part of Pakistan, but n the same way, the Indians believe that Kashmir rightfully belongs to them. Emotions run high on both sides, but I say that we all should understand that neither nor Pakistan, nor India can be evicted from their respective parts of Kashmir. It is silly to think that Pakistan will ever control the whole of Kashmir and we must stop deluding ourselves. Now’s the time to face the facts and find a reasonable solution to the problem instead of living in fool’s paradise!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hassan02 For This Useful Post:
aneela shahzadi (Friday, September 07, 2012)
Old Friday, August 10, 2012
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

Instead of surrendering our due right, we should try to make ourselves strong enough to to take Kashmir back in future. Although at the moment we are unable to even support Kashmiris morally as our own morals are a big question mark. We should work harder on Economic and Diplomatic fronts. There is no wrong in enhancing trade with India if its in our favour. We should resolve the Kashmir issue with sanity not sensations.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sabahatbhutta For This Useful Post:
anam047 (Saturday, August 11, 2012), azure (Thursday, September 06, 2012), bl chughtai (Saturday, August 11, 2012), dori (Saturday, August 18, 2012), enchanted (Sunday, August 12, 2012)
Old Saturday, August 11, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabahatbhutta View Post
Instead of surrendering our due right, we should try to make ourselves strong enough to to take Kashmir back in future. Although at the moment we are unable to even support Kashmiris morally as our own morals are a big question mark. We should work harder on Economic and Diplomatic fronts. There is no wrong in enhancing trade with India if its in our favour.

We have been trying since 1947 and our strategy has not worked. As I've already pointed out, Pakistan has been unable to take back one square inch of Kashmir. Tell me, are you truly under the delusion that Pakistan will one day be "strong enough" to take back Kashmir by force?

Maintaining a huge force on the Kashmiri border has already cost us billions of rupees. The same goes for India and since both countries can not hope to actually extend their control, the LoC should be declared an international border.

stranger498 is on a distinguished road

i agree with SABA....if today our EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS are not working well due to lack of funding then we shouldn't shut them down just because we are not getting enough out come according to our satisfaction even after spending billions in the past 65 years.its not just the matter of LAND.its the matter of thousands of people who have sacrificed their lives for the cause of their motherland.we can't just turn our back to them.its only the bankruptcy,both morally and economically that's hindering our ways and normalized relations with INDIA would be left as a dream without resolving the issue and the solution doesn't lie in abandoning it for good.
we might put it at hold for some while to boost our energy both economically and internationally but leaving it for good is just not the option that we should even think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger498 View Post
i agree with SABA....if today our EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS are not working well due to lack of funding then we shouldn't shut them down just because we are not getting enough out come according to our satisfaction even after spending billions in the past 65 years
Are you really unable to comprehend the difference between Kashmir and our education system?

And even going by your reasoning, our education system may not be the best, but there are lots of educated people in Pakistan. Please tell me again how many square centimeters of Kashmir Pakistan has taken back from India.

Quote:
.its not just the matter of LAND.its the matter of thousands of people who have sacrificed their lives for the cause of their motherland.
Emotions aren't going to solve our problems.

Quote:
we can't just turn our back to them.
The Kashmiris don't want to be a part of Pakistan. So much for the "they are our brothers" argument.

Quote:
its only the bankruptcy,both morally and economically that's hindering our ways
OK. Please explain how you would take back Kashmir if there were no economic problems. May I remind you that Pakistan was economically stable in 1965 when we went to war over Kashmir. Please tell me how many square inches of Kashmir were won by Pakistan.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,259 Posts
Maha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud ofMaha Khan has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan02 View Post
The Kashmir issue has been a bone of contention between Pakistan and India for far too long; we fought two wars over it and continue to be at loggerheads because of it which means the two countries are missing out on major benefits such as trade. At the same time, both Pakistan and India continue to spend huge sums over the issue which could be better utilized elsewhere. Pakistan especially, has too many other problems to carry this burden and now’s the time to make some tough decisions. The Kashmir issue must be solved and I believe the only viable solution is to declare the LoC to be the official Indo-Pak border.

Many people in Pakistan (and most Kashmiris) believe that Kashmir should become an independent country, but although this “compromise” looks good on paper, it’s highly impractical because of the complex and volatile politics of this region and because of the fact that neither India, nor Pakistan would be prepared t give up one square inch of Kashmiri land. That’s right; people may talk about a plebiscite all they want, but the fact remains that (Indian) Kashmir is now a fully integrated Indian province and the Indian public wouldn’t be very happy with giving up the land. The same goes for the Pakistanis, they may hold rallies for the rights of Kashmiris, but they aren’t genuinely interested in giving up Azad Kashmir and with it, Mangla Dam (so important in this era of load shedding). Finally, the point I’m trying to make is that it will be very hard, in fact almost impossible for the people of both countries to agree to give up their part of Kashmir. One may argue that it is only the wishes of the Kashmiris that matter, but unfortunately, life isn’t fair; the fate of the Kashmiris will most probably be decided not by themselves, but by the governments of India and Pakistan.

Secondly, as I mentioned earlier, the politics of the region make an independent Kashmir impractical. An independent Kashmir would be strategically located, sharing borders with Pakistan, India and China and the three countries will be ceaselessly try to influence the small nation. In fact, an independent Kashmir will, in all probability be controlled by one of these three, much like Afghanistan was controlled by Pakistan for so many years. If after everything, Pakistan and India end up competing for influence over an independent Kashmir, as they most probably will, then wouldn’t we have just exchanged one problem for another?

Of course, most Pakistanis are still adamant on the whole of Kashmir being a part of Pakistan, but n the same way, the Indians believe that Kashmir rightfully belongs to them. Emotions run high on both sides, but I say that we all should understand that neither nor Pakistan, nor India can be evicted from their respective parts of Kashmir. It is silly to think that Pakistan will ever control the whole of Kashmir and we must stop deluding ourselves. Now’s the time to face the facts and find a reasonable solution to the problem instead of living in fool’s paradise!
Somehow,your approach is right but dear you have also mentioned that emotions are high on both side about this Land and an indepenedent Kashmir is impossible in future..so you are well aware of the gravity of the situation.
Being a Muslim and a Pakistan i myself dont want to lose Kashmir but the ground reality is that we should opt more rational towards our regional politics.we fought two battles with India over this issue,made every indo/Pak cricket or hockey match a battle ground,our army is still on the coldest battle field of the world-Siachen but what we gain is nothing except economic crunch and strained diplomatic relations with India...i totally,endorse your opinion.No Kashmiri wants to live with us..we should forget that"Kashmir is our integral Part'..instead of harping on the same swing we should promote bilateral trade relations with India.im sick with this slogan"Bharat se Hamara Rishta kia?..Nafrat ka,Intiqaam Ka"....
Regards
maqsood1981 (Friday, September 21, 2012)

desertrain is on a distinguished road

-sabahat and Stranger-

The People of Kashmir , to whom you look on as your brothers , have been suffering for more than 60 years just because of the conflict and the unjustified hold of both parties over it.

What kind of right you people think we have on Kashmir ?
We have made their lives hell.

Its not a matter of dignity , its a matter of Precious lives. The people and their sufferrings.
The people and their lives are above everything. Even above our dignity.

I know more then 30 kashmiris ( my Mates ) and I have never heard them saying they want to be a part of Pakistan. Instead they want a seperate Kashmir.

We say we have a right on Kashmir. Have they ever called for our help ?
Unho ne kabhi Pakistani Hukumat se iltija ki hai k ao aur hamei azadi dilao ?

Hum Pakistanio se apna mulk toh sanbhala nai ja raha aur dusre mumalik mei ungliyan marne k lye tayar bethe hote hain.
Afganistan hum ne barbad kiya , kashmir hum ne tabah kia.
Thora aur bas chale toh ye dunya hi sar pe utha denge hm.
The Following User Says Thank You to desertrain For This Useful Post:
Farah Rasheed (Friday, August 31, 2012)
Old Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lewand2owski is on a distinguished road

Being a Muslim and a Pakistan i myself dont want to lose Kashmir but the ground reality is that we should opt more rational towards our regional politics.we fought two battles with India over this issue,made every indo/Pak cricket or hockey match a battle ground,our army is still on the coldest battle field of the world-Siachen but what we gain is nothing except economic crunch and strained diplomatic relations with India.

Old Friday, August 17, 2012

enchanted is on a distinguished road

how can we let go Kashmir ...it has it geographic importance for Pakistan ...Please someone shed light on geographic importance of Kashmir regarding to Pakistan
Old Saturday, August 18, 2012

dori is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up bunch of fools we are right!!

Yes we will lose kashmir then gilgit then hazara then whole country... Bunch of loosers we are if we are thinking to lose kashmir because at the end of the day india is claiming whole of Pakistan to be its AKHAND PART ....I think its time we should wipe out our leaders and higher ranked officers........ Its not kashmir that is the conflict or friction its our whole country and its prosperity which is not bearable for india!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to dori For This Useful Post:
azure (Thursday, September 06, 2012)