Monday, April 29, 2024
02:14 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about
Default Why Najam Sethi is Wrong

In his show “Aapas Ki Baat” on 18 September, esteemed journalist Najam Sethi linked the blasphemous film “Innocence of Muslims” to the upcoming Presidential elections in the US and suggested that it was produced to put President Obama in a difficult position. He is of the view that both Obama and the other Republican candidate Mitt Romney are trying to prove their “toughness” and nationalistic credentials to the American public and that if Obama had banned the film, right-wingers would portrayed Obama as a weak President, succumbing to Muslim pressure and unable to take a stand on free-speech. In Mr. Sethi’s opinion, this would have severely hurt Obama’s reelection chances, especially in the swing states.

This is all very well except for the fact that in America, foreign policy has traditionally had a minimal impact on Presidential elections. The economy and the overall standard of life has been for many years now the most important factor in deciding who America votes for. Indeed, Mitt Romney’s campaign revolves around the economy, especially the ballooning national debt and unemployment, a subject close to every American’s heart. Pointing to the 8% unemployment and the $16 trillion national debt, Romney says that Obama has failed to deliver the change he promised. He constantly decries Obama’s management of the economy and pints to his own credentials as a successful businessman and manager as proof that he will be able to put America’s economy back on track.

Obama on the other hand has defended his record, pointing out that the economy was in a free fall when he took over and that he not only stabilized it, but brought down the unemployment to 8%. He recently blamed the Republicans for “devastating the middle-class and driving the economy into a ditch” and has often tried to give the impression that Romney only represents (and cares about) huge corporations and the upper class.

Whichever way one looks at it, both campaigns revolve around the economy because it is the single most important issue in voter’s minds. Foreign policy is nowhere near as important as the economy for American voters and the proof lies in the fact that there was no dramatic increase in Obama’s popularity after Osama Bin Laden was killed.

Moving on, I’d also like to point out that President Obama could not have banned the film even if he wanted to because that would be going against the US constitution. Mere offensiveness does not constitute “fighting words” as shown by US court judgments regarding protests by the Westboro Baptist Church. In 1996 for example, WBC members protested against the Jews at the US Holocaust Memorial in Washington, protested against the Marine Corps in 2008, issued a press release “thanking God” for the 2008 earthquake in China and participated in a “Thank God for Dead Soldiers” campaign in 2011. Regarding religion, American TV shows, movies and cartoons make fun of Christianity on a daily basis. All these actions are protected under the First Amendment to the US Constitution.

Finally, Mr. Sethi (rather predictably) mentioned holocaust denial and its implications in the United States; I would like to point out that while it is considered to be in extremely bad taste, there is no law in the US against holocaust denial and being a senior journalist, Mr Sethi should have known this. He is a distinguished and well-learned journalist, but by trying to act like an expert on American politics, he has come off as extremely naïve.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hassan02 For This Useful Post:
prestigious (Thursday, September 20, 2012)
Old Friday, September 21, 2012

parishey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan02 View Post
Finally, Mr. Sethi (rather predictably) mentioned holocaust denial and its implications in the United States; I would like to point out that while it is considered to be in extremely bad taste, there is no law in the US against holocaust denial and being a senior journalist, Mr Sethi should have known this. He is a distinguished and well-learned journalist, but by trying to act like an expert on American politics, he has come off as extremely naïve.
American Economy is based on Jewish investment and Jews lobby the king makers so how can you say that there isn't any probability that this can be a political move? anti Semitism is referred as long arm statute and israeli courts got jurisdictional to penalize anyone who raise finger on holocaust.
About 50 years ago, israel leader bin goriaan referred anti semitism as long arm statute in the constitution of israel.some israeli leaders went against it saying that it'll invite the wrath of the whole world against israel. After hearing all of them, bin goriaan stood up. In a very emotional speech, he talked about the mass massacre of jews in second world war and said 'this is the right of their souls on us and if we could'nt do it now, we'll never get a chance to do this again.'so by this, any one in any part of the world,guilty of commiting any sort of anti-semitism was declared as the criminal of
israel by law.Jewish lobby keenly propagated the agenda. media,writers,philosphers, film makers went with the idea with great zeal n zest and made the narration of holocaust so popular that suspecting the authenticity of holocaust or speaking or writing against
it became very unpleasent, unwanted and a crime in the world.
If someone tries to do so or so much so even happens to deny these
narrations and stories of holocaust, he has to face an extreme wrath and criticism of Jewish lobby as well as draging in by israeli court and punishment.A well known European historian Washington aurang couraged to question holocaust.He was arrested by police in Austria.Even his scholarly position and place in society could not help him to escape from getting imprisoned.as an outcome of this great jewish propaganda, suspecting holocaust is a crime in 11 european union countries by law.In UK
and USA though it's not a state crime, yet a person couraging to do so has to face social bycott and extreme criticism of jewish lobby. Helen Thomas, an 80 years old journalist of white house is a fresh example,who just said that jews should leave the palastenian land and go back to poland, austria and their homelands. Jewish lobby constrained her to kneel on her
knees and resign within a couple of days.
so i believe najam sethi is not wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parishey View Post
American Economy is based on Jewish investment and Jews lobby the king makers
Proof?

Quote:
so how can you say that there isn't any probability that this can be a political move? anti Semitism is referred as long arm statute and israeli courts got jurisdictional to penalize anyone who raise finger on holocaust.
About 50 years ago, israel leader bin goriaan referred anti semitism as long arm statute in the constitution of israel.some israeli leaders went against it saying that it'll invite the wrath of the whole world against israel. After hearing all of them, bin goriaan stood up. In a very emotional speech, he talked about the mass massacre of jews in second world war and said 'this is the right of their souls on us and if we could'nt do it now, we'll never get a chance to do this again.'so by this, any one in any part of the world,guilty of commiting any sort of anti-semitism was declared as the criminal of
israel by law.Jewish lobby keenly propagated the agenda. media,writers,philosphers, film makers went with the idea with great zeal n zest and made the narration of holocaust so popular that suspecting the authenticity of holocaust or speaking or writing against
it became very unpleasent, unwanted and a crime in the world.
If someone tries to do so or so much so even happens to deny these
narrations and stories of holocaust, he has to face an extreme wrath and criticism of Jewish lobby as well as draging in by israeli court and punishment.A well known European historian Washington aurang couraged to question holocaust.He was arrested by police in Austria.Even his scholarly position and place in society could not help him to escape from getting imprisoned.as an outcome of this great jewish propaganda, suspecting holocaust is a crime in 11 european union countries by law.In UK
and USA though it's not a state crime, yet a person couraging to do so has to face social bycott and extreme criticism of jewish lobby. Helen Thomas, an 80 years old journalist of white house is a fresh example,who just said that jews should leave the palastenian land and go back to poland, austria and their homelands. Jewish lobby constrained her to kneel on her
knees and resign within a couple of days.
so i believe najam sethi is not wrong.
Do you even know how to read? Holocaust denial is punishable by imprisonment in most European countries. This article relates to the United States where there is no such law. Social boycott means nothing. A journalist would surely lose his her position if he questioned the holocaust, but he would also lose his position if he drew cartoons of Hazrat Muhamamd PBUH on TV. That's because TV channels try to be more politically correct. However, common people regularly make anti-Semitic remarks, question the holocaust and engage in other anti-Semitic activities. In fact, there are a many anti-semitic organizations in the US, such as Westboro Church, White-Aryan Resistance etc. These groups openly deny the holocaust.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,807 Times in 836 Posts
Call for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud ofCall for Change has much to be proud of

I think Najam Sethi is right. Republicans are hard liners. they faced set back in the women issues but still they stick to their point. On Iranian Issue Romney criticised Obama a lot and pledged that if he would be next president he would deal with iran strictly. Republicans are right wingers and definitely religious issues are their strength and they would try to play them up against Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call for Change View Post
I think Najam Sethi is right. Republicans are hard liners. they faced set back in the women issues but still they stick to their point. On Iranian Issue Romney criticised Obama a lot and pledged that if he would be next president he would deal with iran strictly. Republicans are right wingers and definitely religious issues are their strength and they would try to play them up against Obama.

As I've said already, Foreign Policy is not nearly as important to American voters as the economy is. Republicans are already attacking Obama on that front, particularly the national debt and lingering unemployment. Romney's "energy independence by 2020" policy especially is worth looking at. Being a Republican, Romney obviously has very different views on how the American economy can be put back on track.

But please don't believe me, search up on both Obama's and Romney's campaigns and decide for yourselves. The main issue that American voters care about is the economy and this is why both campaigns revolve around it. The Iran issue is not nearly as important to most Americans as an stable economy that's generating jobs and both candidates know it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hassan02 For This Useful Post:
skybird (Friday, September 21, 2012)

Rizwan Anwar is on a distinguished road

what is mean by holocaust denial??
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,681 Times in 873 Posts
AFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizwan Anwar View Post
what is mean by holocaust denial??
Holocaust denial is that the holocaust is a lie it didn't occur and that 6 million Jews were not killed in holocaust.The number of jews killled and the accounts of survivors are distorted even the documentation relating to holocaust is fabricated for the greater interest of jews.
The Following User Says Thank You to AFRMS For This Useful Post:
Rizwan Anwar (Friday, September 21, 2012)

parishey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan02 View Post
Proof?
Do you even know how to read?
certainly i do
i just gave my opinion cant get why you got offended? any personal grudge with Najam Sethi? i hope not.
I dont have any proof except Internet search engines or some website same is the case with you right?
so why to ask about proves and no prove you gave you opinion same did i.
The Following User Says Thank You to parishey For This Useful Post:
Faisal86 (Friday, September 21, 2012)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parishey View Post
certainly i do
i just gave my opinion cant get why you got offended? any personal grudge with Najam Sethi? i hope not.
I dont have any proof except Internet search engines or some website same is the case with you right?
so why to ask about proves and no prove you gave you opinion same did i.
First of all, I'd like to apologize. I was under a lot of stress yesterday and I overreacted. I'm sorry.

Second, YOU have claimed that the US economy is controlled by Jews, so the burden of proof is on you. I claimed that Najam Sethi is wrong because foreign policy doesn't play a big role in the US elections and then backed up that assertion with facts about Obama's and Romney's reelection campaign.

skybird is on a distinguished road

I have something to add here...I don't know whether who is right or wrong. But in current unrest situation because of anti-islam movie the whole Image of america is at stake. No doubt that for american economical issues are more important but this unrest has definitely hit the hearts of American and their patriotic approach and will leave impact on Presidential election.