Tuesday, May 07, 2024
12:08 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, September 28, 2012

sana chudhary is on a distinguished road

How can you manage justice and rule of law in a country while the rate of riots is increasing day by day just because of drugs,disrespect of people and prostitution.
we can never ignore the major problems of a country like health,education and food but all the above things are linked with these problems each in a chain.

And the concept of welfare state is firstly introduced by islam and its finest example is the state of "Madina". where all the conditions of a welfare state were fulfilled. in the life time of Holy Prophet (PBUH) He said

"aik waqat aye ga jab akali (alone) aurat misar sy hijaz ka safar kry gi aur usy kisi ka dar khof na ho ga"

and this verse proved true in the time of Hazrat Umer (R.A) reign.

another example is that one companion said that "aik waqat aisa tha k hum sadqa zakat deny k leay ghar sy niklty to humain koi hajatmand na milta"

so you can say that it is not an impossible phenomenon our beloved Holy Prophet (PBUH) GIVE US THE EXAMPLE OF A WELFARE STATE.....

regards
The Following User Says Thank You to sana chudhary For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Sunday, September 30, 2012)

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sana chudhary View Post
How can you manage justice and rule of law in a country while the rate of riots is increasing day by day just because of drugs,disrespect of people and prostitution.
If drugs and prostitution were the problem, there would a hundred riots in the US everyday. Last I checked, the rioting and the overall bad security situation was due mainly to religious extremism/TTP/Secterian Organizations and the bad economic situation (bleak future prospects, rising cost of living etc). In fact, even religious extremism is related to the economic situation. I don't know what the hell you have been smoking, but there has never been a riot because of prostitution.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hassan02 For This Useful Post:

Qacc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan02 View Post
If drugs and prostitution were the problem, there would a hundred riots in the US everyday. Last I checked, the rioting and the overall bad security situation was due mainly to religious extremism/TTP/Secterian Organizations and the bad economic situation (bleak future prospects, rising cost of living etc). In fact, even religious extremism is related to the economic situation. I don't know what the hell you have been smoking, but there has never been a riot because of prostitution.
I think the religious extremism is not influence on A Country Economy. But unfortunately in Pakistan their are Some Lobbies which use the name of religion for destroying the public property. for Example in if We see in current Scenario the Karachi Satiation so I think we will be reach the answer.!!!

Last edited by Arain007; Friday, September 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: avoid using no. of full stops and spelling mistakes
The Following User Says Thank You to Qacc For This Useful Post:

alimanzoor10 is on a distinguished road
I quote:" welfare state, concept of government in which the state plays a key role in the protection and promotion of the economic and social well-being of its citizens."

The states in the west are taking care of their citizen's economic and social well-being and are welfare states .Now what is this fuss about 'ideal' welfare state??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alimanzoor10 For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Sunday, September 30, 2012), Invincible (Friday, September 28, 2012)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sana chudhary View Post
Are you kidding?

Cite any riot that run on underlined points in developed countries to make us concede your point.

We should be desperately striving for rule of law, Speedy Justice, Economic Equilibrium & Scientific advancement to make this place a worth living.

Forget other tiny things.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by alimanzoor10 View Post
The states in the west are taking care of their citizen's economic and social well-being and are welfare states .Now what is this fuss about 'ideal' welfare state??
You have hit the high spots, man
alihashmatkhoso (Sunday, September 30, 2012), alimanzoor10 (Friday, September 28, 2012)

Atif Supermacy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan02 View Post
The closest to the Islamic model are the Scandinavian countries. And they are secular. I've always said that we need to get out of these debates about small things like Burka, Alcohol etc and look at the big picture. Islam dictates that the distribution of wealth is a must for any welfare states and the Scandinavian countries are doing just that.
dear I didn't quote burka or alcohol, I was only focussing on the system that Islam has introduced for people prosperity. I only have point why we as muslim nation didn't give a look on true spirit of Islam. Islam has prospose a system based on equality. And I would support that distribution of wealth should be equal in a society. and for this we have zakat and Khums system.

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qacc View Post
I think the religious extremism is not influence on A Country Economy.
A bad economic situation certainly does play a role in creating religious (or non-religious) extremism. I don't think there would be as many children mindlessly following fanatic mullahs if the living standard in Pak was better.

Also, extremism does have an effect on the economy, esp here in Pakistan, where the state is now more or less paralyzed. So its kind of a vicious cycle.

Quote:
dear I didn't quote burka or alcohol,[/B] I was only focussing on the system that Islam has introduced for people prosperity. I only have point why we as muslim nation didn't give a look on true spirit of Islam. Islam has prospose a system based on equality.
I didn't say that you did. I was merely saying that the Muslim model is most closely followed by Scandinavian countries (justice, equality, distribution of wealth) and that we Muslims need to look beyond petty topics like the Burqa and look at the big picture. Its sad that some countries are successfully using a model that Islam provided 1400 years ago, and we Muslim countries are still arguing about small things. Actually, you and I are pretty much saying the same thing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hassan02 For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Sunday, September 30, 2012), Atif Supermacy (Friday, September 28, 2012)

shaemureed is on a distinguished road

A social system whereby the state assumes primary responsibility for the welfare of its citizens, as in matters of health care, education, employment, and social security. Singapore was not mentioned in post which have the highest income per capitia in Asia which have 61103 dgp per capitia income and qatar aroond 88000 us dolars.
list of world GDP in regard to List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...PP)_per_capita

Last edited by Arain007; Friday, September 28, 2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Avoid using no. of full stops
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabahatbhutta View Post
yes I agree, but in real sense these countries do not represent a welfare state. Alcohol and prostitution, moral decay and disrespect are also blot to welfare. Yes the concept of Welfare varies form nation to nation but we can't ignore the fact that If there has to be a welfare state for Muslims, it needs to have moral element. even secular need moral welfare, not as an ecclesiastical duty but as an earthly benefit may be.
A secular welfare state recognizes social diversity and thus is not concerned with individual morality unless a moral conduct multiplies to the extent of causing serious social or economic disruptions, because morality itself is abstract and has no clear definition. Definition of morally acceptable behavior varies religion to religion, civilization to civilization, culture to culture and even individual to individual ((pre-apologies)for example you might fight if instead of calling you 'sister' I call you 'hey girl' or something like that , but then many girls won't find it offensive if I call them 'hey girl'; that is clear indication of individual perception of morality . A secular welfare state does nothing about it, it won't tell you not to mind 'hey girl' salutation, neither it will tell other girls to beware of people like me who don't call them 'sister' nor it will tell me to behave until I start doing disruptive violent acts that physically harm others or disrupt public life , all you can do about it is simply break any relationship with me ). So for a secular welfare state, general welfare and equality and enforcing a strict and uniform code on a population of diverse people belonging to variety of cultures and holding variety of beliefs cannot go together. A welfare state has a constitution that serves as a social contract between citizens and the state and the state makes sure no particular culture, set of beliefs or moral code starts asserting on the society and take away individual liberties. However morality and code of conduct is enforced indirectly through business and economic means; business entities, like corporates etc, define a code of conduct for workplaces and enforce it. That is why most secular welfare states often have social immorality but they are good at doing business . In the long run this leads to materialism, corporate totalitarianism and ruthless pursuit of business where traditional social moral values don't mean anything, only business does.

BTW: If you prefer morality, then there is another state which takes good care of defining a strict social and moral code via means of effective propaganda and coercive measures using secret police for social compliance; i.e. a fascist state, because it doesn't recognize diversity and attempts to remove all signs of diversity . All say Heil Hitler, gas those who don't . Under fascist rule if I call you 'hey girl' but state wants me to call you 'sister' (because it is more 'Pakistani' ), I will be locked up. In a fascist state individuals must serve the state, their individual liberties and preferences come second. They have full liberty and get full state support to choose what also serves the state and they have limited or no liberty to choose what is contrary to state doctrine or does not serve state's interest; whereas in a welfare state state serves the individuals and gives individuals liberty to be what they want to be whether the state or anyone likes it or not, that is the difference . Nevertheless fascism is a form of radical social conservatism, what it actually does is it keeps the society intact in whatever form it is and stops the process of any modernization of it. Fascists don't have a constitution, instead they use tradition and cultural values for decision making and create a cult of personality and religious belief around the leader to enforce obedience. Unlike a communist state which eradicates all existing traditions, cultures, social norms, social classes, morality, religion, trade and economic patterns and instead constitutionally defines a particular social, political and economic relationship between workers and the state. In a communist state, state decides what workers can do and in return state rewards them, workers don't have any liberty at all otherwise. Communist state enforces discipline instead of morality, so calling 'hey girl' or 'sister' get a disciplinary value instead of a moral value . Both fascist and communist states don't allow any kind of political opposition to their rule, whereas in a secular welfare state you also have that freedom to dissent via democratic process .

Now comes the question of religious states and whether religion and general welfare as in modern world can go together. There are basically two types of religious states.

1. Those that endorse a State Religion (e.g. England officially establishes Church of England as its official religion), but in these states neither the church controls the state nor state necessarily controls the officially established church. Such states are more secular in behavior than religious.

2. Theocracies are those states where policy is governed by divine guidance or officials regarded as divinely guided or pursuant to the doctrine of a particular religion. Islamic States fall into this category of religious states. Basically theocratic states resemble fascist states in some aspects and behavior (not to be taken offensively plz); they both enforce a strict social code and use force for social compliance viz. secret police for fascist and religious police for religious state, they both promote totalitarian rule by vesting religious and political authority in one leader (Fuehrer or Duce, Caliph or Shah, not to be confused with monarchy or dynastic rule), they both limit the liberty allowed to citizens, they both oppose modernization, they both attempt to minimize social diversity, and they both invoke religious beliefs to enforce authority (fascists also create a religious cult of their own ). However there is one significant difference in a fascist and a religious government; i.e. fascists vest all the authority in leader and create a cult of personality around him whereas in a religious state God holds the ultimate and supreme authority. Due to that reason a religious ruler is checked by a religious constitution viz. divine books and divine law (e.g. sharia) and mostly remains under influence of the religious community, thus cannot make laws on his own unlike a fascist leader who becomes a God of his own, whose words become law and who even suppresses traditional religious institutions if he senses a political challenge from them . That is why traditionally religious states were far less ruthless than fascist states and even far more admissible and compassionate to diversity than fascists, even religious modes of minimizing diversity are far softer (conversion) than fascist modes (extermination or state run pogroms). But as far as general welfare and enforcement of moral code goes, they both act same, i.e. strict enforcement at the expense of everything else.

Now the choice is yours, whether you want to live in a Scandinavian country, USSR, Nazi Germany, or Saudi Arabia, they all can't be one .
It is worth mention that both fascism and communism failed, but secular welfare and religious states are still there. Maybe there will be a conflict between them in near future.
Old Saturday, September 29, 2012

sana chudhary is on a distinguished road

first let it explain one thing that

"are we here to learn something or rejecting/opposing other's views in such cold tone "
i only give my opinion and not try to impose it to any other.

and i myself include all those "tiny things" in religious extremism specially in our country where it is a major issue now a days.
and one last thing is that to listen and judge other's views patiently and responding to it nicely is also very necessary for "speedy justice".

regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sana chudhary For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Sunday, September 30, 2012), saleem2000 (Sunday, October 14, 2012)