Wednesday, May 08, 2024
10:08 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, September 30, 2012

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meherwaan View Post
I have the best solution... why doesn't Pakistan test few nuclear missiles on balochs.....problem solved..i know Baloch has a very stubborn nature of sticking towards its cause, fighting for its right till death so i think its better to finish them all.. cheers.
its seems you are not aspirant of CSS but an agent of an army .If you want army a single force to solve this problem ,then why u want to join civil service ?
alihashmatkhoso (Monday, October 01, 2012), BALOCHISTAN (Monday, October 01, 2012), sikander marri (Sunday, September 30, 2012)

Hassan02 has a spectacular aura aboutHassan02 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
Same stands true for rest of Pakistan/Govt/Military. We have not succeeded to achieve anything with force, and we won't be.

Quote:
What have we been doing for decades? Did it produce positive results? Have we achieved our objective with force?
I think that the problem with us Pakistanis is that we always take an extreme course of action. The killing of Akbar Bugti served no purpose at all, save the personal gratification of a few generals and after that, the Army watched on helplessly as things got from bad to worse. Then they suddenly awoke again and went on a tirade of merciless killings; for example last year a 19 year old boy who lived next door to my uncle's house (in Quetta) was kidnapped and later turned up in a gunny bag with tell tale signs of army torture. Hundreds of young men were killed last year and only a mad man would believe that this slaughter would help Pakistan's cause in any way. But the minds of the army generals work in strange ways...

Second, it is mostly innocent Baloch who have bore the brunt of the army operation ; the big shots continue to live their lives in comfort.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hassan02 For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Monday, October 01, 2012), Faisal86 (Tuesday, October 02, 2012), Raz (Sunday, September 30, 2012)

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

The ones with the view that Balochistan cannot be a Bangladesh should understand that arms and distances do not decide the outcome of a war and especially a struggle.World has changed.Once an ideology settles down in the minds and hearts of people then there is no going back.Some situations do not have stats and figures as their drivers instead the decisions,directions,manipulations and initiatives are more dominating,enforcing and effective.

Examples:
1.Afghanistan is resisting U.S from 10 years not because of their weapon superiority but because of an ideology.
2.There is unrest in Kashmir,Palestine because those people have decided that they will not accept the influence of the respective superior powers.

So the point is that before the people of Balochistan decide that it is enough we should take a hold of things.Further justified or unjustified the demands of Balochis should be fulfilled or else what we will have to face would be called a struggle not a war.

Throughout history what we have failed to do is to put People on the top of hierarchy of our priorities.
alihashmatkhoso (Monday, October 01, 2012), BALOCHISTAN (Monday, October 01, 2012), bl chughtai (Monday, October 01, 2012), Raz (Sunday, September 30, 2012), waves (Monday, October 01, 2012)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,870 Times in 1,441 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADIA SHAFIQ View Post
its seems you are not aspirant of CSS but an agent of an army .If you want army a single force to solve this problem ,then why u want to join civil service ?
No, he is not from Pak Army rather an anti-Pak factor.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Raz For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Monday, October 01, 2012), Arain007 (Sunday, September 30, 2012), BALOCHISTAN (Monday, October 01, 2012), Muhammad T S Awan (Monday, October 15, 2012), SADIA SHAFIQ (Sunday, September 30, 2012), waves (Monday, October 01, 2012)

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

Quote:
I have the best solution... why doesn't Pakistan test few nuclear missiles on balochs.....problem solved..i know Baloch has a very stubborn nature of sticking towards its cause, fighting for its right till death so i think its better to finish them all.. cheers.
To doubt an intention without proof is indecent but you have gone so far in your words that i have to say that it seems that your intent is not to find out a solution but something else.Pardon my words but no sane Pakistani or even a sane human being can have such a thinking.Your statement is very disturbing and i hope it is just the outcome of your childish approach towards things and is not based on some solid grooming of your mind.Anyway i believe that it does not require a request to get that post deleted.And as a brother it is requested and advised that such extreme statements should not be used in future.
alihashmatkhoso (Monday, October 01, 2012), Raz (Sunday, September 30, 2012), Romana baig (Monday, October 01, 2012)

Hannibal will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SADIA SHAFIQ View Post
For your kind information there was never a diplomatic solution for sorting out the problems of balochistan. Army has always been the first priority.
. I know people here are showing their frustration on Athkar mengal's point because they cant digest the truth in these points.

No one has love for a Baloch here, i know, i can see from their usage of words and i have experienced. I just helped them to say what they wanted to say but cannot say here and believe me Baloch wont mind any nuclear attack after all these years of living life in misery... attack them and show in the news it was a terrorist attack or RAW involved in it.
Because people accepts what GEO news says and people believe what they want to believe....

i know discussing here is useless but instead figuring out the possible solution for balochistan, people here are discussing its separation and regarding balochs as taliban...

@SAbahatBUTTA.. Everyone has a cause to fight and its upto you how you regard them, a terrorist, a taliban or a freedom fighter. Gandhi is the role model and hero for indians but for us, he was our enemy against the independence of pakistan. try to judge the situation as a third person or put yourself in a baloch shoes and lets see how you do you do.......

P.S i am Baloch...
Faisal86 (Tuesday, October 02, 2012), younis_78 (Sunday, September 30, 2012)

sikander marri is on a distinguished road

its is an extremely crucial debate, i dont want to get invole in this hot debate because my knowlege is meagre..

I just wanted to say that the 6 points presented by Akhtar mengal are valid, no one can deny these points because he is speaking of the basic rights of a citizen in a state..its government job to provide protection to people, but here(in Balochistan) political parties, organizatiion and people dont have the free expression of their thought..Everyone is restrict to certain limits and political parties agenda is provided by ISI and MI instead of their own agenda..

my friends, the situation is worse and way too bad here, media just broadcasts events in Quetta but what about inner Balochistan like Turbat, Panjgoor? Media dont even dares to go there because they know why..

Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sikander marri For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Monday, October 01, 2012), BALOCHISTAN (Monday, October 01, 2012), Hannibal (Sunday, September 30, 2012)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012- Roll No 3111

Ranjha M S is a jewel in the roughRanjha M S is a jewel in the roughRanjha M S is a jewel in the roughRanjha M S is a jewel in the rough
Default Balochistan cauldron: Who is responsible?

Considering the importance and currency of subject under dicussion, I would like to share my thoughts with forum members.

Balochistan problem is in spotlight yet again. BNP chief and former CM of the province has been pounding security establishments with all sorts of accusation for last few days. There is no denying the fact that Balochistan has been subject to discrimination ever since becoming part of Pakisan. Though it is one of the most resource-rich piece of land on the face of earth, yet people of Balochistan are living without the very basic amenities of life. Moreover, living standards of Baloch are abysmal compared to the rest of the country. Today, it is largely believed centeral governments in connivace with security establishment is responsible for the poor state of affairs in the province.
However, I am afraid, this is just one side of the coin. Here are my arguments in this r

1. Increased share under NFC award and 18th ammendment.

Eversince the passage of 18th ammendment ans 7tth NFC award provincial govt is receiving unprecedented flow of funds and thus have ore fiscal space to improve socio-economic lots oof people. Now it is largely responsible for delievery of goods and services, but I wonder what it has deliever? Nothingof substance. Perhaps, govt have no political will to deliever.
I will give some facts and fighure in this regard:

* Share in divisible pool inncreased from 5.1 to 9.1%. Meaning that province received Rs83bn in 2010-11 unlike Rs.29bn in2008-09.
* Province to be paid Rs.120 bn in the name of arrears of gas, and is receiving 12bn annually in this regard.

2. Long-standing demand of provincial autonomy.

This demand was also fulfilled under 18th ammendment wherby 17 ministries were devolved. However, I do not believe that provincial govt has handled this increased reponsibilty well so far. Instead of spending more on delievery of goods and services, provincialgovt has done little more than purchasing an aeroplane. Moreover, every legislator is pocketing 300 million to spend in theirconstituenciees,but I wonder, will they?

3. Untapped natuural reserves.

Nothing so far has been done in this regard by economic planners sitting in Quetta, inspite of getting exclusive rights in this regard. Nothing.

4. Revenue generation.

Province own revenue generation is meagre, around Rs.5 bn. Nothing has been done to broaden the tax net. Truth is that provivincial govt has no money to fight legal battle against international mining company on Riko Deq dispute. Now they are looking to federal govt for Rs.450 million. One wonder what will happen if they have to pay raparation and damages money in case of they lose legal battle.

5. Ever worsening Law and order situation

Provincial govt is largely responsible for prevailing chaotic law and order situation, for this subject falls under provincial govt's domain. I strongly believe, it is provincial govt's inability which lets security establishment to interfere in provicial matters.

Keeping in view the above discussion it can be safely said that instead of absolving of the all the resonsibilities and merely pursuing centre bashing approach, time has come for province to take the lead to address the all important issues.

I would like seniors to evaluate.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ranjha M S For This Useful Post:
ahmedrizwan (Thursday, October 18, 2012), alihashmatkhoso (Monday, October 01, 2012)

student is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjha M S View Post
Considering the importance and currency of subject under dicussion, I would like to share my thoughts with forum members.

Balochistan problem is in spotlight yet again. BNP chief and former CM of the province has been pounding security establishments with all sorts of accusation for last few days. There is no denying the fact that Balochistan has been subject to discrimination ever since becoming part of Pakisan. Though it is one of the most resource-rich piece of land on the face of earth, yet people of Balochistan are living without the very basic amenities of life. Moreover, living standards of Baloch are abysmal compared to the rest of the country. Today, it is largely believed centeral governments in connivace with security establishment is responsible for the poor state of affairs in the province.
However, I am afraid, this is just one side of the coin. Here are my arguments in this r

1. Increased share under NFC award and 18th ammendment.

Eversince the passage of 18th ammendment ans 7tth NFC award provincial govt is receiving unprecedented flow of funds and thus have ore fiscal space to improve socio-economic lots oof people. Now it is largely responsible for delievery of goods and services, but I wonder what it has deliever? Nothingof substance. Perhaps, govt have no political will to deliever.
I will give some facts and fighure in this regard:

* Share in divisible pool inncreased from 5.1 to 9.1%. Meaning that province received Rs83bn in 2010-11 unlike Rs.29bn in2008-09.
* Province to be paid Rs.120 bn in the name of arrears of gas, and is receiving 12bn annually in this regard.

2. Long-standing demand of provincial autonomy.

This demand was also fulfilled under 18th ammendment wherby 17 ministries were devolved. However, I do not believe that provincial govt has handled this increased reponsibilty well so far. Instead of spending more on delievery of goods and services, provincialgovt has done little more than purchasing an aeroplane. Moreover, every legislator is pocketing 300 million to spend in theirconstituenciees,but I wonder, will they?

3. Untapped natuural reserves.

Nothing so far has been done in this regard by economic planners sitting in Quetta, inspite of getting exclusive rights in this regard. Nothing.

4. Revenue generation.

Province own revenue generation is meagre, around Rs.5 bn. Nothing has been done to broaden the tax net. Truth is that provivincial govt has no money to fight legal battle against international mining company on Riko Deq dispute. Now they are looking to federal govt for Rs.450 million. One wonder what will happen if they have to pay raparation and damages money in case of they lose legal battle.

5. Ever worsening Law and order situation

Provincial govt is largely responsible for prevailing chaotic law and order situation, for this subject falls under provincial govt's domain. I strongly believe, it is provincial govt's inability which lets security establishment to interfere in provicial matters.

Keeping in view the above discussion it can be safely said that instead of absolving of the all the resonsibilities and merely pursuing centre bashing approach, time has come for province to take the lead to address the all important issues.

I would like seniors to evaluate.
It goes without saying that under present govt , few efforts have been made to ameliorate the agony and sufferings of Baloch.
Points mentioned by Ranjha clearly need attention.
Funds have been allocated but unfortunately these have not trickled down to masses !
Those who are at the helm of affairs are undoubtedly grinding axe for their own purposes.
One needs to ask CM Balochistan , what was need to buy an aeroplane worth 1 billion 30 crore !!!! When his conflict ridden and ravaged province is in desparate need for development activities. These ougtht to have been spent on the welfare of Balochis.
To greater extent Baloch leaders are themselves not sincere with their people.
The Following User Says Thank You to student For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Monday, October 01, 2012)
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Being stubborn for a cause, but what cause?
You are depicting a picture as if Baloch have no sanity? I really condemn your statement. Baloch are our dear ones. Not all Baloch but few black sheeps exist there as are present in each province. If you are annoyed for some reason that doesn't mean that you start demanding a separate state. People of Southern Punjab are also very neglected, & crore Saraiki people are also struggling to seek their rights, but If they start demanding a separate state, I would call them traitors.
Baloch people should understand that mere Federation is not responsible for their worse condition, Their so called leaders who are now blaming Pakistan for this are also partner to it. Each and Every Balochi is Pakistani. We have no future apart from Pakistan.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sabahatbhutta For This Useful Post:
alihashmatkhoso (Monday, October 01, 2012), bl chughtai (Monday, October 01, 2012)