Friday, May 03, 2024
06:49 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, December 18, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough
Question Un ???

How far UN has been able to secure it's very objective of saving the upcoming generations from the scrouge of war?
Old Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by I M Possible
How far UN has been able to secure it's very objective of saving the upcoming generations from the scrouge of war?
UN has not been able to stop any major war, or it has failed to maintain peace in the world. Kashmir, Phalistine, East Taimoor, Afghanistan, and Iraq are the major examples of such failure of UN. This failure of UN is actually the result of it's major weakness, which is the 'veto' right. Veto power of particular countries have made these countries superior or more powerful than UN. this right is the major cause of disturbed balance of power. And in my opinion UN will remain weak till this veto power stays in the charter of UN. in order to make UN an effective organization, it's crucial to make it neutral first.

Regards,

amjad hafeez is on a distinguished road

Actually UNO is a museum of dead resolutions.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

UNO didnt do any thing important to stop war/s. Certainly, its major reason is 'VETO power.' Actualy, the affairs of UNO are being managed/funded/organized by giants, who do not wish to keep peace in glope. . . .
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Bu UN has stopped the third world war. That is a fact, we must admit that. But the current scenerio is quite miserable. UN need to be streghened.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Roll no 3093

Desert Fox is on a distinguished road

UN has to some extent proved that "Nuclear Weapons are 'not only a great peril, but a great hope'" because it was formed after heroshima, Nagasaki disasters and there was no nuclear attack on civilians till now.
Economist In Equilibrium
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: she won the Essay competitionBest Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: For the year 2006

Qurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura aboutQurratulain has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Bu UN has stopped the third world war. That is a fact, we must admit that. But the current scenerio is quite miserable. UN need to be streghened.
Dear, i think the third world war is in progress. It's not a sort of war to be fought with weapons, but it's economic in nature. Some specific countries are having the hold of most of the economic resources, and they are in constant plodding to have the access of all the economic resources of the world. And this war is being financed by IMF and WOrld bank, and is planned by WTO with the title of Globalization. Globalization, in it's origin is not an adverse thing at all, but the way it is effecting the poor and developing countries is really a strrugle for economic imperialism.

Regards,

UN emerged to save the world from war in 1945 era but it need to be pragmatic in the present era too because it's need is still alive. Still the world need it more than they needed it in 1945.

Najabat is on a distinguished road

Dear Fellows very interesting discussion here so i come up with some ideas to throw light on a basic flaw Y U.N.O lags behind its objectives. I think need is to make reforms not to eliminate the need of UNO Cause.I think so called World Power is using U.N.O as a Puppet.There is strong need to realize the world that "Might is Not always Right".If USA is superior in Warhead balance,it doesn't mean that we can see the world from US eyes only. Actually U.N.O has format to control unnecessary Wars.But problem is its Elite panel of Members specially America on the Top interrupts its policies structure.Attack on Iraq was Veto By Security Council permanent Member FRance,but America totally ignored this Veto.So need is to make some ammendments to follow U.N.O set of procedures not its members self interest procedures. To reach Peace objectives of U.N.O need is to implement its Set of procedures properly without any bias and Equality should be the root of any Dialogue.
Economist In Equilibrium

Quote:
Still the world need it more than they needed it in 1945.
Would you please explain how does the world need UN today? I think a 'specific' part of world needs it as i mentioned earlier.

Regards,