Monday, May 06, 2024
02:48 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, October 29, 2012

BALOCHISTAN has a spectacular aura aboutBALOCHISTAN has a spectacular aura about
Default The Biggest Question Ever!What strategic policy for economic growth?

What strategic policy should be implemented for economic growth which is need of the hour for sorting out socio-economic and political problems and can Pakistan solve its prevailing problems in coming five years,if yes , substantiate it And what plan should be devised for fighting against corruption and mal-administration along with building good neighborly relations with India , Iran ,and Afghanistan for peace, stability and prosperity?. Give facts, causes, measures, and constructive conclusion.

Question Maker!
Sikandar Bhanger,
The Following User Says Thank You to BALOCHISTAN For This Useful Post:
Tamoor Mushtaq (Monday, December 10, 2012)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2012- Roll No 3622

nice051 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BALOCHISTAN View Post
What strategic policy should be implemented for economic growth which is need of the hour for sorting out socio-economic and political problems and can Pakistan solve its prevailing problems in coming five years,if yes , substantiate it And what plan should be devised for fighting against corruption and mal-administration along with building good neighborly relations with India , Iran ,and Afghanistan for peace, stability and prosperity?. Give facts, causes, measures, and constructive conclusion.

Question Maker!
Sikandar Bhanger,
your question has so many queries and dimensions, I will try to throw light on some queries.

what strategic policy should be adopted:
1. have a sound economic relations with neighbouring countries ,including India as well, is the need of the hour.
2. cut down imports and resort on local brands to stabilize the economy.
3. strategic relations with Russia is a good step in this regard

i will discuss other aspects in my next mail.
decentguy (Monday, October 29, 2012)

SA Haider will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Question Maker!
Sikandar Bhanger,
Economic Policy can be only effective if our foreign policy focuses on bilateral trade relationship rather than aid and loan relations.
Export facilities should be improved because Karachi situations do not allow exporters to meet the commitments made. Exporters oriented businesses should be encouraged.

Tax Base need to be improved. e.g. Tax on agricultural land.

Political problem can only be solved by fair elections and in my view only master degree holders should be allowed to register their names for MPA or MNA. And the ministries to be allocated on the basis of their specialized qualifications.

Every minister be made liable to publish their report each quarter in newspapers so that public and other institutions can check the work of their representatives.

Militancy is our problem now and leaders should try to eradicate its roots by keeping national interest in front and without taking any dictation from aliens. Police needs restructuring.

Today world`s policy is peace with everyone even enemies and keeping national interest infront. No one is superior and no one is inferior. But in case of india, Kashmir issue is the key problem. And we should not forget that in establishing relationship with india because Kashmir is our lifeline for longterm survival.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SA Haider For This Useful Post:
janabbasi (Friday, November 02, 2012), oxon (Saturday, November 03, 2012), Seemab (Wednesday, November 07, 2012)

BALOCHISTAN has a spectacular aura aboutBALOCHISTAN has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Haider View Post
Economic Policy can be only effective if our foreign policy focuses on bilateral trade relationship rather than aid and loan relations.
Export facilities should be improved because Karachi situations do not allow exporters to meet the commitments made. Exporters oriented businesses should be encouraged.

Tax Base need to be improved. e.g. Tax on agricultural land.

Political problem can only be solved by fair elections and in my view only master degree holders should be allowed to register their names for MPA or MNA. And the ministries to be allocated on the basis of their specialized qualifications.

Every minister be made liable to publish their report each quarter in newspapers so that public and other institutions can check the work of their representatives.

Militancy is our problem now and leaders should try to eradicate its roots by keeping national interest in front and without taking any dictation from aliens. Police needs restructuring.

Today world`s policy is peace with everyone even enemies and keeping national interest infront. No one is superior and no one is inferior. But in case of india, Kashmir issue is the key problem. And we should not forget that in establishing relationship with india because Kashmir is our lifeline for longterm survival.
Thanks for your views.
But, you have so far derailed from the track.
If you re-read the question and give appropriate answer i shall be highly thankful.
So far good effort.
God bless you
Old Friday, November 02, 2012

saleem2000 is on a distinguished road

How economic growth is the solution of socio-economic and political problems of a country?????
Old Friday, November 02, 2012
EiNstEiN

Umer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to all

Quote:

Question Maker!
Sikandar Bhanger,

Economic growth or a good economy cannot be deemed as basis for solving Political problems of Pakistan. In reality the need of the hour is to establish a sincere political setup in Pakistan that can work for economic growth of Pakistan.
Economy of a country is based upon several determinants. One most important determinant is the revenue earned through exports. Government should facilitate the exporters to make the economy grow. Currently government is not taking any major steps that could encourage new exporters to earn revenue for economic growth of Pakistan. I read it somewhere a couple of months ago that currently the economic growth of Pakistan is touching its lowest ever in last 60 years. When Pakistan came into being, it was showing at least 5% economic growth every year. Currently economic growth is not happening, instead it is dipping down to the lowest ever in our history.
Foreign investments in the country are another source of economic growth. Government of Pakistan has not been successful in promoting a conducive environment. Again one of my cousins wanted to invest in Pakistan from a foreign country. None of the foreign companies supported him to invest in Pakistan.
I'm not an economist, but I think taxes do count towards economy. Taxation system of Pakistan is paralyzed. It is not fully functional and whatever it is doing is equal to just time pass. Even if the public of Pakistan start to give taxes properly, I don't think that these politicians will let it count towards economy of Pakistan. Rather it will count towards their own bank accounts.
Now the socio-economic conditions will also improve if a sincere Political setup is established. By sincere I do not mean that they will be angels and will never do corruption. Each and every country has a political setup that does the corruption. But keeping a bit for themselves and giving most to the country will certainly improve the socio-economic and economy of the country.

I'm sorry, this has been a quick presentation of my ideas and I couldn't present any facts and figures or references at the moment due to lack of time, but I would summarize my point as "Establishing sincere political setup can give birth to an economy that keeps growing and will help to improve the society, which will result in a better economy and socio-economic condition of the country".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Umer For This Useful Post:
janabbasi (Friday, November 02, 2012), Mushgaan ahmed (Friday, November 02, 2012), oxon (Saturday, November 03, 2012)
Old Saturday, November 03, 2012

oxon will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Question Maker!
Sikandar Bhanger,
Facts,,

Imports are higher than exports, and no care is given seriously on this problem. Foreign investors are discouraged by insecure atmosphere. Local production is not promoted, and no market is available for those goods which are made in Pakistan.

Causes,
I stout though stout who will carry the dirt out, so every body thinks that its not his responsibility to do something for betterment of this economic situation. The people who have authority to do good are themselves indulged in corruption. No five year plan have been made like second five year economic plan of Pakistan history. Terrorism is also a cause of economic deterioration. corruption prevailing all over the country.

Measures.

we should build good relation with neighboring countries. Imports of luxurious items should be completely banned, and industrial machinery should be imported without custom duty. Every city should be given a task of a product of international level, if Faisalabad can become Manchester then every city can produce at least one item and exporting it Pakistan can do better in economic field.

With good care and honest measures Pakistan will be soon in the row of improved countries. As just in 65 year Pakistan has gained importance among the international community. Just eradication of corruption will bring a good change. New generation is hopefully feel highly that what should be done for the betterment of Pakistan.

"Establishing sincere political setup ". How it can be done.I am particularly curious about Injection of sincerity into politics.
EiNstEiN

Umer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to allUmer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem2000 View Post
"Establishing sincere political setup ". How it can be done.I am particularly curious about Injection of sincerity into politics.
I'm afraid that does not happen peacefully. Transition of power from British Empire to the people of subcontinent did cost a lot of lives. South African transition of power to people of the region to form a true democratic structure did involve a lot of struggle and it was not peaceful either. Nobody leaves peacefully and they resist. Corrupt politicians of country are not going to leave peacefully. I strongly believe if we have to change current corrupt political and democratic structure of Pakistan, we will have to struggle a lot and this struggle will not be a peaceful one. Rather we have to sacrifice a lot of lives to get out of this situation.

Will " sacrificing lot of lives " OR " waging a bloody struggle " lead us to the goal of " establishing sincere political setup " ???
I am still curious about Injection of sincerity into politics.