Sunday, April 28, 2024
03:17 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Najabat is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Election 2007-8 Scenarios!!!

The year 2007 will be crucial for the future of democracy in Pakistan. If the election schedule announced by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Sher Afghan Niazi is followed, presidential elections will be held in the fall and the general and provincial elections will be held on January 30, 2008.

The PML(N) leader said that the former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had already stated to boycott the election under Musharraf's rule.

I want to discuss this issue of transparency and Fare elections in order to gain pure democracy in our country. Discussion points are:

1- Do you think Fare and true elections results are possible under Musharraf's Regime?

2- Do you think Opposition should boycott Election 2005 under Musharraf's Presidency.

3- Whom you consider the biggest lead of 2007 Elections?

Regards,

aftableo is on a distinguished road

I m Aftab Hussain a business student.I hope that my view certainly has some worth.

I think that the upcoming elections will be a source a new morning of prosperity ,progress for the country under the charismatic leadership of President Musharraf.An anti-pakistan lobby does not want pak.to progress and so as opposition. I look forward that elections will be transparent ,free and fair enough.
Public has become aware enough of who is sincere and who is fighting the politics of vested interests.
Lets be true to oursleves and vote in favour of those who are in favour of nation .

I wish the nation to be on sound progress
Thnx
Aftab Hussain

humayun "The King" is on a distinguished road

1- Do you think Fare and true elections results are possible under Musharraf's Regime?
From the current remarks by Mushraf and his colleages.It is clear that election will not be fair.As many news are on the air like deal with PPP, Like election victory will be only to those who follow Musharaf's Moderation policy.
So its difficult to say dat elections will be fare and these will be no rigging.
(wat is the need of hour) there should be fare elections in the country for true essence of demoracy and not of this but for Pakistan.

Do you think Opposition should boycott Election 2005 under Musharraf's Presidency.
No opposition should not boycott. And infact there will be no boycott.
May be elections will be fare..
Old Wednesday, January 10, 2007

saira butt is on a distinguished road

@humayun
i deem it wise to agree with u.even a layman who is least intrested in politics or such stuff can tell u that free and fair election under Gen musharaf's Regime,is out of question.
but even then opposition should go for it as boycott is no solution.
Old Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Amir Shafique is on a distinguished road

Its a fact that in Pakistan the public is still incapable of selecting the right leader for themselves. thus enabling the establishment to intervene and manipulate the situation. These elections cannot be fair and transparent and are bound to be a victim of horse trading and personal vested interests, but having said that one should distuingish between right and wrong. What do we want? A rightly elected corrupt party (as has been the case in the past) or an undemocatic Musharraf party along with all the followers. Atleast with the current party being selected there will be consistency in the policies and certian political stabilty, eventually leading towards a slight glimpse of pure future democracy. One cant expect these things under the so called democratic leaders Nawaz and Bibi (who i am sure will be the only one going to be elected under free elections) as proven by history.

We want Mushraff to be replaced but not with these scoundrels. Lets be optimisitic. I know it wont make much of a difference but atleast things wont go adverse either. For a real change, it has to come from the masses and unfortunate enough but true that our masses still remain trapped under the clutches of poverty and illiteracy.
Old Monday, January 15, 2007

Farrukh-Siddiqui is on a distinguished road

The Elections can be fair only if there is public accountability. Here in Pakistan, where more than 50% are illiterate (although, govt. claims to have attained 65% literacy ratre), How can there be "Public accountability" ? ?
Old Tuesday, January 16, 2007

whiterose is on a distinguished road

If I am not wrong after every election, voted opposition always claimed that election was not fair, if I am wrong please correct me. I just want to say that no one can assure this that election going to be fair or not it just part of game.
As opposition’s boycott concern I think if they do then it’s mean they giving free hand to government, which is against democracy.
And most important which one should be elected? It’s hard to say any thing MMA I don’t think and I also don’t want MQM in lead they are racism. And rest PPP and ML excluded two main leaders Nawaz and Bibi could be possible. And MLQ have more chance to win then any other party.