Wednesday, May 15, 2024
11:59 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, January 25, 2013
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 2547

Farhad Aslam is a jewel in the roughFarhad Aslam is a jewel in the roughFarhad Aslam is a jewel in the roughFarhad Aslam is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabahatbhutta View Post
You can not call Pakistan's diplomacy a weak one. Diplomacy is a give n take, you can not expect to gain always. Like the theories of International Trade, sometimes you have to purchase a commodity at a higher price because you can not produce it. If you tried to produce that thing in your own country your resources might be wasted which can be used in the better and profitable production of other thing. Pakistan's foreign policy needs to be looked in terms of gains and lossess. We have gained:
1- Presidentship of UNSC
2- Recognision as world's developing democracy
3- Trade ties with almost all the countries of world
4- Looking forward to the membership of SCO
5- Being an active member of Coffee Club, preventing India to get permanent seat in SC
6- An influential member of SAARC
7- Sefeguarding her strategic interests in Afghanistan against all odds.
8- We have still not handed over Shakeel Afridi and Hafiz Saeed despite international pressures.
and much more..
Yes there are some lossess but those are necessary evils. We are having far better Diplomatic relations with the world than Iran has. We are not deserted at international level. Relations with Russia and China shall prove to be our great diplomatic success stories in near future.
Your mentioned points are a positive reflection of some good and visible achievements. But question remains, is Pakistan going to get any benefit from these titular honers?
To some extent Pakistan has managed to do so but in some other areas we are still on the corner.
Will Pakistan be able to move the stone of the body of some dead resolutions of UNSC?
Pakistan is an influential member of SAARC but instead of moving ahead we are only trying to check Indian hegemonic desires.
A completely pro Pakistan Afghanistan has shifted into a proxy enemy of Pakistan, I dare to say this on the basis of personal interaction and attitude of Karazai government.

Yes, relations with Russia is a big achievement but what are we going to achieve of it will be interesting to see, as we have got entrance to many elite gangs but never managed to capitalize our presence.
SADIA SHAFIQ (Friday, January 25, 2013)

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad Aslam View Post
Your mentioned points are a positive reflection of some good and visible achievements. But question remains, is Pakistan going to get any benefit from these titular honers?
To some extent Pakistan has managed to do so but in some other areas we are still on the corner.
Will Pakistan be able to move the stone of the body of some dead resolutions of UNSC?
Pakistan is an influential member of SAARC but instead of moving ahead we are only trying to check Indian hegemonic desires.
A completely pro Pakistan Afghanistan has shifted into a proxy enemy of Pakistan, I dare to say this on the basis of personal interaction and attitude of Karazai government.

Yes, relations with Russia is a big achievement but what are we going to achieve of it will be interesting to see, as we have got entrance to many elite gangs but never managed to capitalize our presence.
We do not have achieve nothing in case of Russia . Russia interests is conflicted when Pakistan foreign policy right-hand arm move after period of paralysis . Russia imposed conditions ,like Manmohan Sing have made . Russia said that She would pursue what Kabul would want ! Kabul wanted attack on Pakistan`s territory . USA did not attack ,that`s why drones will continue !
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 2547

Farhad Aslam is a jewel in the roughFarhad Aslam is a jewel in the roughFarhad Aslam is a jewel in the roughFarhad Aslam is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADIA SHAFIQ View Post
We do not have achieve nothing in case of Russia . Russia interests is conflicted when Pakistan foreign policy right-hand arm move after period of paralysis . Russia imposed conditions ,like Manmohan Sing have made . Russia said that She would pursue what Kabul would want ! Kabul wanted attack on Pakistan`s territory . USA did not attack ,that`s why drones will continue !
Just making a comparison of our relations with Russia in past and current developments, I believe things have changed to a larger extent. Neutralization of ties is an achievement, state visits in last 10 to 15 years of post cold war era are good signs. You can never enjoy honeymoon status with a country which has faced severe blows of your hands in past.
SADIA SHAFIQ (Friday, January 25, 2013)
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Your mentioned points are a positive reflection of some good and visible achievements.
There is none at present who can move that heavy stone, even the sole super power USA can not do it. The world politics is not that simple as it was before the treaty of Verssailles.
Don't you think checking Indian hegemony is a big achievement?
Brother read history, Afghanistan has never been pro Pakistan.

Quote:
I must appreciate positive rhetoric .Earlier Pakistan had been elected six times for this prestigious body- 1952-53, 1968-69, 1976-77, 1983-84, 1993-94 and 2003-04.So What benefits Pakistan would have gained you have to tell it then . According to me ,it is carrot and stick policy ;reward or punishment .What do you think we should have to supervise national interests of other nations for reward or we have to accept the terms out of fear .

Diplomatic policy should be based on the principle of John .F.Kennedy; One should not negotiate to fear but one should not negotiate out of fear .

And ,I would be obliged if you will increase my information regarding coffee club !

There is an open war scene in sea-lanes of pacific -Asia and sea of Arabia .China wanted to attract Pak and India but USA has succeed in .We ,again surrender our national interests ; IPI line can be used as a barraging chip if we really wanted to keep our national interests high ! Unfortunately are going for TAPI that overlaps USA interests . Pakistan would have to pay 2 million dollar per day at the cut-off date ;2014 to Iran ,If he is not able to construct IP.India left IPI and granted with civilian nuclear deal .What we have do .

In case of Hafiz saeed ,he has been declared terrorist without proofs . And H.Clinton announced bounty for proofs . It is ironical ,what we have done for drone ,drone will like to continue .
I mentioned the election of Pakistan as a symbol to examplify that Pakistan does possess positive diplomatic relationships with the world countries that is the reason it succeeded in the bid. Obviously much needed to be done.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_Club
visit above link for coffee club.
Pakistan will go for that project which earns her economical and political or atleast one of the both interests. our politicians+establishment can not be both corrupt and naive to make a stupid decision.
Issue of Hafiz Saeed is different, its a pressure tactic nothing to be worreid about. As long as we do not hand him over its not important.
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2018 - Roll no. 21486

ammar0543 will become famous soon enough

The only solution of all problems is to educate the masses and they themselves will straighten the leadership along with solving many other problems. By educating the masses I don't mean the present standard of education in our country. We need revolutionary reforms in our educational system. We need an educational system which provide us moral courage and professional responsibility along with knowledge. This is the only way through which we will be able to have a strong base which can't be shaken by such small issues. Also it is a very long term solution and we will have to wait patiently and consistently. Many other short term solutions can also be presented but they will not be long lasting.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ammar0543 For This Useful Post:
akramshafique (Monday, January 28, 2013), headache (Friday, January 25, 2013), Muhammad T S Awan (Sunday, January 27, 2013)

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
There is none at present who can move that heavy stone, even the sole super power USA can not do it. The world politics is not that simple as it was before the treaty of Verssailles.

I mentioned the election of Pakistan as a symbol to examplify that Pakistan does possess positive diplomatic relationships with the world countries that is the reason it succeeded in the bid. Obviously much needed to be done
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_Club
visit above link for coffee club.
Pakistan will go for that project which earns her economical and political or atleast one of the both interests. our politicians+establishment can not be both corrupt and naive to make a stupid decision.
Issue of Hafiz Saeed is different, its a pressure tactic nothing to be worreid about. As long as we do not hand him over its not important.
I will discuss one thing . Tell me , Pakistan would oppose Indian`s Permanent membership in UNSC or oppose being a member of coffee club .

Dr.shakeel Afridi is in prison but not on what grounds ; just for providing assistance to Mangal bag. He is an impostor ,CIA contractor like Raymon Davis . Does he got sentence for these charges and on the charge of human rights abuse ?

Hafiz saeed is terrorist .I admit ,but there are no proofs and bounty has been announced who will provide proof .It means he is not proven terrorist.

I knew it is pressure -tactic just India has strong diplomatic skills and power to attract powers . And sarjeet declared him terrorist ,he was released . Is this a good thing ? A person who was involved in bombing and fact is proven .We release it instead of using it as a bargaining chip .
Muhammad T S Awan (Sunday, January 27, 2013)

Quote:

.[/SIZE]
Then tell me what Pakistan will be able to do as a "MIGHTY" president of UNSC?
World politics is simple for East Timur, Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Algeria and ME but what is wrong with Kashmir issue?
Checking Indian hegemony is a big Achievement if we could do it at International level (which we couldn't), inside the premises of SAARC it doesn't matter much.
Sir, I object your word "never" in third point. I think some pages in your history book are missing Duration from Soviet exit to US attack on Afghanistan there were Pakistani backed setups especially Talibans. Influence of India in Afghanistan was non existent during that era.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Pakistan's diplomacy is weak because it still follows conservative mindset, i.e. assumptions there are always good and selfless friends available; whereas the world only bargains now. Conservative values like 'ghairat', 'honor', 'comradeship', 'stand on principle', 'natural allies' etc are no longer considered anything but fool's pride or 'tyrannical', if you can't bargain, or have nothing to bargain upon, you are diplomatically weak and you must surrender before the rich. There are no permanent 'friends' or 'foes' now, only national interests are bargained upon which unfortunately we don't even know what our own ones are or we can't openly lay forth our national interest (because it is contradictory to international interest) .
Old Saturday, January 26, 2013
42nd CTP (PAAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 66

sabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to beholdsabahatbhutta is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I will discuss one thing . Tell me , Pakistan would oppose Indian`s Permanent membership in UNSC or oppose being a member of coffee club .

Dr.shakeel Afridi is in prison but not on what grounds ; just for providing assistance to Mangal bag. He is an impostor ,CIA contractor like Raymon Davis . Does he got sentence for these charges and on the charge of human rights abuse ?

Hafiz saeed is terrorist .I admit ,but there are no proofs and bounty has been announced who will provide proof .It means he is not proven terrorist.

I knew it is pressure -tactic just India has strong diplomatic skills and power to attract powers . And sarjeet declared him terrorist ,he was released . Is this a good thing ? A person who was involved in bombing and fact is proven .We release it instead of using it as a bargaining chip .
To check India's UNSC permanent membership.
International terrorists are seldom hanged, they are used for future bargain.
Sarjeet was not released for free, India must have paid its price. I think the release of our scientist could be the price, I don't remember his name.

Quote:
Then tell me what Pakistan will be able to do as a "MIGHTY" president of UNSC?
World politics is simple for East Timur, Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Algeria and ME but what is wrong with Kashmir issue?
Checking Indian hegemony is a big Achievement if we could do it at International level (which we couldn't), inside the premises of SAARC it doesn't matter much.
Sir, I object your word "never" in third point. I think some pages in your history book are missing Duration from Soviet exit to US attack on Afghanistan there were Pakistani backed setups especially Talibans. Influence of India in Afghanistan was non existent during that era.
MIGHTY is an accussation UNSC president can never be mighty.
Thats why I said world politics is not simple beacuse its different for different reasons. You proved my point.
Do you think Taliban really represented Afghanistan ever?
The Following User Says Thank You to sabahatbhutta For This Useful Post:
Old Saturday, January 26, 2013

Yes he can not be mighty, that is why I called it titular honer.
Giving excuse of complexity does not make you free of your duties, if Pakistan has failed to convince world on issues like Kashmir, you must accept your failure. There is no complexity, its the capability that differentiates and ultimately matters.

What so ever Taliban were, if they were not real representatives, then why they were recognized by Pakistan? They had the largest portion of Afghanistan in their charge with the help of "______"
Relations with all neighbors are strained boss. So this is the success?