Sunday, April 28, 2024
03:53 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, January 22, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough
Post Pakhtunistan

Akram Durrani has announced that they are gonna change the name of NWFP to Pakhtunistan. Are we moving towards properity or we are giving airs to ethnic voilence? Whatever the case may be, we need to be optimistic that this sort of amendements won't have any negative impact upon the amiable relatoins among the provinces of Pakistan.

http://www.geo.tv/geonews/details.asp?id=1102&param=1

Londoner is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"Akram Durrani has announced that they are gonna change the name of NWFP to Pakhtunistan. Are we moving towards properity or we are giving airs to ethnic voilence? Whatever the case may be, we need to be optimistic that this sort of amendements won't have any negative impact upon the amiable relatoins among the provinces of Pakistan."

Although,I don't get what is exactly conveyed by words 'properity','ethnic violence',n 'amendments' in the quoted sentens,but i do think that there's nothn wrong in changing the name of any town,city,or province or even a country if the people dwelling therein wish so.If Punjab is for Punjabis,Baluchistan for Baluchis,Sindh for Sindhis,y not Pakhtunistan/Pashtunistan for Pakhtuns..Wheres wrong?What ethnic violence?What other province's people or federation have got to do with proposal for changing the name of a province into something tht expresses thewish of people n their genuine characteristics,say by culture n history.We shud rather welkum it wholeheartedly cuz that wd not only make Pakhtun bros happy n contented but wd also help curb ethno-based politicians' intentions to play it anymore.

Moreover, its really time that the ill-demarcated and vaguely named province created by British in 1901 as NWFP be given its real,well-demarcated character by the Govt.After all,they are not demanding a separate Pakhtunistan that v shud exxagerate the issue to ethnic violence,etc.

Regards
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

@londerner

I admit u are right on ur behalf. Well they may give it its real name, that is good but Pakhtoonistan is a name which has Afghanistani origin if i am not wrong. They have used it and wanted to get hold of the whole area of NWFP to construct Pakhtoonistan.

That is why this name is a threat for the country but we may avoid the threatening feature of the name by just considering this name as our Pakistani pathans.

Regards,

Londoner is on a distinguished road

@IM Possible,

Thanx for admittin me right.Well,Pakhtunistan word infact has no Afghani origin or connotation as such.Its purely NWFPian,n hence Pakistani,where Pashtuns r more in number than in Afghanistan or anywhere else in the world.The word came into limelight when few revolutionary Pashtun separatists in 1940s n 50s envisioned n demanded carving out of an independnt state by combining Pakhtuns living on both sides of the Durand Line.The movemnt howevr died down wid the passage of time.

But,gone r old days.V r Mashallah a nuclearized nation now n its 2007.Nobody is gonna get hold of u,rest assured,jus cuz u changed name of ur province.Contrarily,it wd b a sane decision to concede to what majority pashtuns duly demand thru their assembly reps in order to strengthen the Federation n play down any further furore over a non-issue.
Old Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Quote:
But,gone r old days.V r Mashallah a nuclearized nation now n its 2007.Nobody is gonna get hold of u,rest assured,jus cuz u changed name of ur province.Contrarily,it wd b a sane decision to concede to what majority pashtuns duly demand thru their assembly reps in order to strengthen the Federation n play down any further furore over a non-issue.
Yeah i am also hoping so that is why i put frwd this issue. Hope u must have got the picture now.

nimr is on a distinguished road

Nothing changes with Name , The only solution is if people try to change them selves or the policies

Quote:
Nothing changes with Name , The only solution is if people try to change them selves or the policies
I agrree with u but it is up to awareness level among the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I M Possible
I agrree with u but it is up to awareness level among the people.

If only goverment would have made more schools.

Quote:
If only goverment would have made more schools.
Well awareness comes from education but in Pakistan it is not like this. They learn (ratta) things from education, actually they r nt gainming anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I M Possible
Well awareness comes from education but in Pakistan it is not like this. They learn (ratta) things from education, actually they r nt gainming anything.
thats so true .

Only if the politicians focus on educating people almost 90% or even 100% problems would vanish