Monday, April 29, 2024
10:31 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, March 04, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Just make one prediction and 'democratic future' of PTI will easily be determined, what is PTI without IK??? . Any party which relies on leadership charisma can never be democratic, democratic parties are founded by conventions and the very founding leadership is elected, there is no such 'tradition' on part of PTI which has been solely mobilized by IK, the tree of PTI has grown from this seed (i.e. IK charisma) and you reap what you sow . Formal elections and following rules and procedures do not change the nature of something.
Farah Rasheed (Friday, April 05, 2013), polaris (Monday, March 04, 2013)
Old Tuesday, March 05, 2013
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris View Post
he's following all required clauses in nominating his candidates.. well well.. what do u think, other parties will oppose these clauses..?? every party will have to follow all required rules of election commission, then only they'll be eligible..

anyways, can someone tell.. who's IK at present..?? well he's nothing.. no previous record.. tomorrow when his party comes to power and when day after tomorrow next new elections will be coming, then i want to see whether he conducts intra party elections or he wants to go with his existing parliamentarians..?!

it's all game of power.. today it seems good drama but in future, he'll never like to side his winning parliamentarians.. today that tailor is just tailor but when he will become parliamentarian, IK will never want anybody else coming on his place..

when i see other parties.. Khursheed shah from People's party was wapda's meter reader before he became parliamentarian.. but today people's party can't afford to keep him aside and bring other meter reader as its nominee.. there are chances new candidate may loose so old one is better..

khan's tradition is good but we don't need traditions.. we need sincere people to rule us.. guys who're fighting for seats, how much selflessness do u expect from them..

well anyway.. lets try khan saab also because we're left with no other choice..
Ideals exists only in Books. Realities are differnt. We have seen worst politics(Both by Military Dictators and Politicions).Now if we expect that with in single day , our elected representatives will turn in to angels then it is simply out of question.

Politicians across the Globe strive for the power, few exceptions notwithstanding. Look at our neighbor India (The biggest democracy in the world), 70 percent of indian parliamentarians have criminal record. Indian politics is by no means better than our.

Whether we like it or not, we have to accept few realities that are

1-Pakistan canot afford any other form of Govt-be it military dictatorship or so called Techno Govt Model-except democratic dispensation. The debate whether democracy is good or bad for Pakistan is now irrelevant because the global environment and many other circumstances dont allow any other alternative. Had current conditions been prevailing few years back in Pakistan, Military would have intervened much earlier. So we like it or not Democracy is our fait accompli.

2- Democracy has not allowed to function in Pakistan- so Democratic norms have not much strong here.

3- Democracy has a built in system of accountability, though it take times. Many constituencies which were dominated by traditional land lords , Chaudries and Waderas, no more remains their personal properties. Jamshed Dasti canot be defeated by the Land Lords of his area because he has served his people in the way which had no precedence.

4- As in marketing it is said that "Consumer is King" the same rule holds true in democracy. Look, if i am MNA in an rural area i need 50000 votes.I know that their are suppose 50 influential Chauries residing in my Constituency who can earn desired votes for me, i ll go to them in order to win them. They say OK we ll support you but after having Won the Elections , you have to give us share in Development Projects , appoint Tehsildar, SHO, AC, etc of our choice.Now i have two option either to surrender before them or leave the idea of contesting election. What you will do or any other person at this place will do. Being very honest there is a greatest possibility (i say 99 percent probability) that one will go for the first option of surrender as this is human nature. So before blaming Politicians, we as society should share a burden of blame.

Look at another scenario. I am contesting elections and a group of young boys and girls come to me. They say that we will support you irrespective of any consideration but you have to built a college in our city, you will struggle to increase allocations to Education Budget by whatever means that falls under your perview etc. I commit that Ok i 'll do. These energetic young people start campaign for me aggressively and prove decisive in my victory. If I want to be successful again , I have to fulfill the promise.
That’s said, Politicians(whosoever he or she is even if some one amongst us is at their place) will not change unless attitude of common people who elect them changes.
5- It is also a reality that whatever the fate of IK is in future political outlook, his rise to prominence has brought positive effects to National Politics. It gave wake up call to PML (N) and forced it to do some concrete work in order to woe its voters. Laptop Scheme, Danish Schools, Metro Bus is all response to IK’s popularity. Even bigger effect is that he has make youth take interest in political affairs. We have highest ration of youth population in this world. Previously , our young people were not interested to discuss politics. IK’s rise gave them food of thought and made them realize the power of their vote. No whoever stays in power, has to take youth factor in to account.

As I said earlier that IK is not an angel , even I don’t see him a great leader. In my view (with due apology from IK’s lover) he is an ordinary person. But who else is a great leader among the existing lot of our politicians. IK has both weakness and strengths.

Weaknesses:

1- He had vowed to promote ethics and morality in politics but latter on he accommodated every one in his party with out considering the ethical and moral issues.
2- He is known for not fulfilling his commitment.
3- He is known to be authoritative in his party affairs.
4- He used Shaukat Khanum in his political campaign.
5- He preferred new comers who joined him for personal interests over his old loyalists.
6- His vision centers around ambiguities and emotions with out any clear-cut policy on imporatnat national issues.
7- He initially supported Musharaf , even his notorious referendum.
There may be other weakness but name a single leader at our political horizon who is free from any of the above flaw. Nawaz Sharif, Zardari , Altaf Hussain, Shahbaz, Asfand Yar Wali and Moulana Faza-ur-Rehman all have these weaknesses but with greater intensity from IK.
IK has , however , some strengths that distigusih him from others.

Strengths.

1- He is the only –yes only-Political leader who came in to politics via open door. All other national leaders either entered in to politics through back –door(Like Nawaz Sharif was patronized by Zia and for a greater time he was known to be puppet of establishment), or leadership was inherited from their parents(and wife in case of Zardari Sb).
2- If he was power hungry , he could had joined any political party initially. Any party would have bestowed high office upon him. He left Mushraf in early days. Had he lent unconditional aligiance to Musharaf, IK could win good position in Musharaf led Govt.
3- He did a great job of establishing Shaukat Kahanum Hospital.
4- Imran Khan tried to uphold morality in politics for greater time(From 1996-2011) but he realized that such politics will keep him away form power.
5- As I said earlier, his rise to prominence has brought positive effects. He has highlighted the issue of corruption , tax evasion, asset accumulation in foreign countries. Now these factors will figure prominently in national political discourse.

In view of the above, I don’t see a great leader in Imran Khan, but so far he seems to be sincere and determined to deliver. He has better record from the whole other lot of politicians. He has done good service to the country first as a crickter and then as a philanthropist. I think there is no harm if he is voted to power because there seems no better alternative.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Saleeqa Batool For This Useful Post:
candidguy (Friday, March 08, 2013), Faisal86 (Wednesday, March 06, 2013), idealsome (Wednesday, April 10, 2013), mjkhan (Wednesday, April 10, 2013), Muhammad Jawad Ali (Tuesday, March 05, 2013)
Old Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Interesting Facts:

Here is an analysis of all Pakistan general elections in recent history with details of winner, votes and seats for winner party:

1970- Awami League - 1 Crore 29 Lacs - 160 seats out of 300

1977- PPP - 1 Crore 1 Lac - 155 out of 216

1988 - PPP - 75 Lac - 94 out of 207

1990 - IJI - 79 Lac - 106 out of 207

1993 - PPP - 75 Lac - 89 out of 207 (PML N got more popular votes but less seats)

1997 - PML N - 87 Lac - 155 out of 207

2002 - PML Q - 78 Lac - 118 out of 341 (PPP got more popular votes but less seats)

2008 - PPP - 1 Crore 6 Lacs - 124 out of 340

This shows that most popular vote in Pakistan's history has been managed by Awami League in 1970 while second best is PPP's score in 2008. Firstly it was 6 point agenda and second time it was sympathy for Benazir assassination ... PML N seem to have around 90 lac votes across country ... If PTI has managed 70 lac votes in party elections and they could only double it OR score a 1.2 crores, they will form a single party government .(InshAllah)
idealsome (Wednesday, April 10, 2013), Jawwadjee (Friday, April 05, 2013), mjkhan (Friday, April 05, 2013)
Old Friday, April 05, 2013

sidraics is on a distinguished road

hehehe well said. but first we're left with no choice now,, and secondly 'aazmaaye huay ko kya aazmaana',and thirdly ther is a saying k 'burai ki inteha ho jaany k baad kuch bura nai hota', so i personaly think that Allah wanted to show his blessing and mercy in the form of miracle upon pak land, and imran khan might be the khizar(AS), and i'm sorry for using high rated and pious words here, but its just ones personal thoughts.GOODLUCK FOR PAKISTAN.
The Following User Says Thank You to sidraics For This Useful Post:
sfmascot (Friday, April 05, 2013)
Old Tuesday, April 09, 2013

jawadji is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
Interesting Facts:

Here is an analysis of all Pakistan general elections in recent history with details of winner, votes and seats for winner party:

1993 - PPP - 75 Lac - 89 out of 207 (PML N got more popular votes but less seats)

2002 - PML Q - 78 Lac - 118 out of 341 (PPP got more popular votes but less seats)

This shows that most popular vote in Pakistan's history has been managed by Awami League in 1970 while second best is PPP's score in 2008. Firstly it was 6 point agenda and second time it was sympathy for Benazir assassination ... PML N seem to have around 90 lac votes across country ... If PTI has managed 70 lac votes in party elections and they could only double it OR score a 1.2 crores, they will form a single party government .(InshAllah)
one thing Imran should focus is to convert popular votes into ballot votes.for this purpose he should adopt comprehensive strategy towards rural population because everybody knows that about 70 percent of pakistan's population are lived in rural area.
The Following User Says Thank You to jawadji For This Useful Post:
idealsome (Wednesday, April 10, 2013)
Old Wednesday, April 10, 2013

idealsome is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

A very informative debate has been going on within this thread. If we take out an average outcome of the discussion it is clear that everyone is expecting something positive and all this positive thinking and expectations are belong to Imran Khan.

Let us pray sincerely that may ALLAH! bless Imran Khan with high level of devotion,patriotism and integrity for the betterment of Pakistan and its nation. Aamin!

mjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to allmjkhan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
Interesting Facts:

In addition to these calculations some other critical factors are..

1.)PTI's voter is mainly concentrated in Punjabi urban areas which traditionally was PML(None) league's stronghold.It is considered that PTI has successfully managed to convert a specific number of voters belonging to this specific sector towards itself.How much inroads have been made into this PML's vote bank,only time will tell.

2.)PPP has almost lost punjab because of its last five years performance.Traditional voter of PPP never votes and will never vote PML and hence IK is likely to cash these votes to his side as well.

3.)There is a very huge amount of registered voters in Pakistan who do not turn up on election day to use their right and hence either their vote is wasted or is used by different parties to their advantage by way of exploitation and loopholes of the system.

If we add up the resultants of point 1 and 2 the conclusion will have two different dynamics.

A.)The unknown total number of votes that PTI will get in the upcoming elections.

B.)The unknown number of votes PML will lose because of PTI.

In the analysis of point no. 3 it can be said that it is expected that comparatively less percentage of registered voters are expected to not use their right of vote because of certain reasons this time around which consequently means that less misuse of votes which will again hurt the existing ruling parties including PML,so again a minus one for PML here too.

KPK has been a remained a considerable favourable venue for PML in the past as well but this time PTI again is likely to be on more strong footing in this area as well.In fact according to what i am hearing KPK would be more favourable to PTI than even Punjab.Again a minus one for PML

Pashtoons of Balochistan have already shown their support for IK and the status of the rest of balochistan is unknown to me.

Sindh belongs to neither PTI nor PML.

Summary:PTI will win Inshallah.IK is the prime minister and Pakistan has started to slowly lift up its diving nose.

Assumption:Key players in the upcoming elections are PTI and PML.

P.S:That None as written with PML at one place is just a typo so sorry for that.Not intended to hurt anyone.And N is not used with PML at other places because i always end up writing something else in place of N and this is beyond my control.
idealsome (Thursday, April 11, 2013)

Jehanzeb Safi is on a distinguished road

PTI intra Party election was a bull shit and it was the bare reality of Imran's inexperience and unpolitical personality. He had destroyed his political hierarchy and disappoint all his genuine worker. Because the result of the Intra Party election was one happy 9 unhappy aspirants on each seat. secondly most of the true Pti leader miserably failed due to less experience against those outsiders who came from different parties. The Pti leader failed because they only made voters for PTI and the Lota's of other Parties were experts and also had their migrated experienced teams to serve themselves. Now the new politician and true workers are far leg behind and are really disappointed. So the new experience for Public was amusing but for the PTI men were disastrous. So dear this was the right action but on wrong time and on wrong persons.

faisal4pro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehanzeb Safi View Post
PTI intra Party election was a bull shit and it was the bare reality of Imran's inexperience and unpolitical personality. He had destroyed his political hierarchy and disappoint all his genuine worker. Because the result of the Intra Party election was one happy 9 unhappy aspirants on each seat. secondly most of the true Pti leader miserably failed due to less experience against those outsiders who came from different parties. The Pti leader failed because they only made voters for PTI and the Lota's of other Parties were experts and also had their migrated experienced teams to serve themselves. Now the new politician and true workers are far leg behind and are really disappointed. So the new experience for Public was amusing but for the PTI men were disastrous. So dear this was the right action but on wrong time and on wrong persons.
Agreed! but i must say that this is a begining of the change!