Sunday, April 28, 2024
01:42 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, February 11, 2007

Abdul Salam Khan is on a distinguished road
Question Attention all I m Possible & Miss Naqvi in particular

Dear all, I m impossible and Miss Naqvi in particular?
AOA
There is a somber issue that should be conferred, a person wishes to way in a prosperous life and aims at doing his/her CSS or else but unfortunately suffers from a severe mental illness formerly entitled Manic Depression and presently known as “Bipolar Disorder” an illness that results from Biogenetical and Psychological factors and the individual notice mood swings from mania to depression such swings are called “Rapid Cycling” the patient scrutinizes recurrent manic and depressive episodes in daily routine, I am giving a picture of both Mania and Depression. Lithium Carbonate a natural salt is a suitable drug used to treat “Bipolar Disorder” but its prolonged use can be poisonous and may lead towards Renal Failure (Nephritic Syndrome)
May you please add that if someone who has been suffering from above disorder can overcome the trance of CSS or other specific objectives of life if yes then how if not then why?
Signs and symptoms of a manic episode of bipolar disorder
• happy, liberal, optimistic mood (feeling “high,” feeling better than ever)
• alternative mood: irritable, angry, aggressive, challenging, disturbing
• impaired judgment; irresponsible; impulsive
• Excessive involvement in pleasurable or high risk activities, such as sex, drug or alcohol.
• high physical and mental energy; increased productivity; excited; a feeling of high intelligence and creativity
• extremely talkative, rapid thoughts
• decreased need for sleep, less ability to sleep
• inflated self-importance; in some, delusions or hallucinations
• extremely sociable
• inability to concentrate; diverted; restless, impulsive
• no perception that the mood and behaviors are abnormal
A person in the manic phase of bipolar disorder rarely seeks help; the person may feel good and not recognize that anything is wrong.
Signs and symptoms of a depressive episode of bipolar disorder
• profound sadness, hopelessness, pessimism; crying spells
• low self-esteem, worthlessness
• “flat” mood: uninterested, uncaring; lack of interest or pleasure in most activities
• fatigue, lethargy: decreased energy and activity; difficulty getting out of bed in the morning
• decreased sexuality
• restless, irritable, angry, worried, anxious, guilty
• fewer thoughts and less talking; slower thinking and talking
• difficulty in concentrating, making decisions, and remembering
• social withdrawal; diminished ability to give and feel love
• drug or alcohol use
• change in appetite; weight gain or loss; loss of interest in food, even if eating more
• change in sleep patterns: sleeping more or less than usual
• suicidal thoughts, plans, or attempts; life seems devoid of pleasure
Untreated bipolar disorder can have drastic effects on relationships, work, and school. People with the illness often do irreparable damage to their close relationships and have higher rates of divorce. They may perform poorly at school or work, and many lose their jobs.
Bipolar disorder can lead to suicide. The depressive phase of the illness can feel so low that the person sees no hope for pleasure in life.
Coming up earnestly for your reply.

Abdul Salam Khan.
Nothing is impossible but it is the labor that makes impossible to be called possible.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough

Wsalam,

Well i am not a psychologist but can suggest something that i think i should. Look if somebody is facing the problem of bipolar disorder then he/she need to share the problem with his/her closest buddy. This closest buddy can be his/her mom, dad, sis, bro, hubby, etc. This will make him/her feel relax.

It will take some time to get release from the problem but one can make it happen with the help of somebody adoring and caring around him/herself. Now try to think about things other than those who are making u tense. Try to go for good things like aesthetics, beauty, nature, TV, outside environs, etc.

Convince urself that world is not going to end on this css or whatever is bothering him/herself. Be happy and give time to ur family and frds as well. Stay cool.

Regards,

Nedian is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by I M Possible

Convince urself that world is not going to end on this css or whatever is bothering him/herself.
100% agreed

Don’t burn ur all boats for the css, because it not the end of the world. Always play on safer side and leave an option for exit. That exit strategy will always give u an advantage over others and never let you engulf by abyss of solitude and frustration.

Regards

Nedian
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Yeah one should not put all of the eggs in a single basket. Expect the unexpected.
Old Monday, February 12, 2007

Wounded Healer has a spectacular aura aboutWounded Healer has a spectacular aura about

@ abdul salaam khan

brother bipolar disorder can be of many kinds............e.g. bipolar 1, bipolar 2, rapid-cycle bipolar, hypomania etc..............the treatment of ur friend should be started after having diagnosed the correct form of bipolar disorder................in order to do that u have to have him checked by a proper psychiatrist and only he can tell u the effective treatment
as far as lithium salt is concerned.............well it is the first line of drug administered in bipolar disorder and is very effective in controlling mania and preventing the recurrence of both manic and depressive episodes...........
hypomania can even be good for a patient as the patient has enhanced productivity but untreated, it can also lead to depression..............so the most important thing is to start medication as soon as possible through a proper psychiatrist............
the best way for u to help ur friend is to always support him/her............what I M POSSIBLE and NEDIAN have said is right but what i would also like to add is that BIPOLAR DIORDER is first and foremost an illness which can be treated...........for the people around the patient, well they have to be tolerent as well as supportive................i say it once again............bipolar disorder is treatable but the proper treatment has to be started soon.................best of luck
and veracity of such shall one day vindicate
the vigilant and the virtuous.

@woundedhealer

Nice to have this much elucidation.

Regards,

amy has a spectacular aura aboutamy has a spectacular aura about

im not a psychatrist but i was a psychology student during my graduation and i want to add that he/she should not stick to one thing as in this case is CSS, obviously its not an end to life.it a curable illness but right dimension to treatment is required in this regard, and i think not only in this but in every illness but particulary in mental disorders.

bipolar disorders can be treated in two stages:
Acute phase:treatment is aimed at ending the current manic, hypomanic, depressive, or mixed episode .
Preventive or maintenance phase: treatment is continued on a long-term basis to prevent future episodes .
Components of treatment:Medication is necessary for nearly all patients during acute and preventive phases.

Education is crucial in helping patients and families learn how best to manage bipolar disorder and prevent its complications.

Psychotherapy helps patients and families affected by bipolar disorder deal with disturbing thoughts, feelings, and behaviors in a constructive manner.

person having this disorder must examine how his/her thoughts effects his/her emotions plus one ,must learn to change his/her reactions to situations.
parents, family members ,friends can play vital role to help patient to come out his situation, it helps alot and better than medication.during medication Each person with bipolar disorder usually takes a mix of medications customized for their particular symptoms. If antidepressants are prescribed for the depressive episodes of bipolar disorder, it is important that moods be closely monitored and medications possibly adjusted, to avoid a possible antidepressant-induced switch to mania or rapid cycling.

iftikhar ahmad is on a distinguished road
Default I agree

"Blue"]I agree. let me share a personal knowing,
an uncle of mine passed the test but was droped in interview, he joined another institution ,last month he was promoted in grade 20,
he replied when asked,that he would hve achieved the same place if even he has succeed in css.he has no regrets .
life has much more to offer!

@ifitikhar

Good example for us. I appreciate ur uncle's stamina and spirit.

Regards,

@amy

Well good work by u dear.