Friday, May 10, 2024
01:56 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, April 13, 2007

Sohail Shuja is on a distinguished road

Salaam
@Concerned

Dear, the very essence of Islam teaches Humanity in the best sort of it. It does not let us discriminate under the biases of race, creed or even religion by itself. Since, the only criterion to Allah (SWT) in order to judge a person is Humanity. There fore I cannot refrain from the fact that religious knowledge is must for all the Muslims, in order to be good Humans. Now you have correctly identified the supremacy of religion over philosophy itself. To me, our religion has its own peculiar philosophy, and its principles are in agreement to what we find in other religions also (at least in the major religions of the world e.g. Christianity, Judaism and Buddhism etc); that basically are like:

(1) Existence of One God
(2) Remembering Him in some manner (Praying)
(3) Abstain from lies; be honest.
(4) Do not kill each other un-justly
(5) Do not commit crimes like stealing, robbing and bribing etc.
(6) Help others and specially the poor and needy (the concept of Zakaat and/or charity etc)
(7) Respective respects for elders and young ones, relatives, friends, countrymen and the whole humanity.
(8) Learning, understanding and passing it onwards to those who do not know, and to the succeeding generations.
(9) Pursuit and supremacy of satisfaction of soul over the satisfaction of senses and material desires for gain.
(10) Fight for the right.

On the basis of above mentioned facts, we can clearly see that the ethical or moral values taught by almost every religion are the same. Yet, the interpretations have provided them different tints. Even in today’s Muslims, we find different sects, which are based on different interpretations of different schools of thought. That is one major reason why we cannot go extensively educating our religion in general, basing on Hadith, and Tafaseer, narrated by different scholars. However, Quran is the only source of divine wisdom, accepted uniformly amongst each sect. So, therefore, to your suggestions for education system, I am compelled to say that at least Quran and its translation should be made compulsory for every Muslim student (for a non- muslim, it should be his own religion), ethics should be a combined subject and that the curriculum should be designed in such a way that it should go along with the discourse of other subjects and the understanding and age of the students.
Yet, our main problem will still remain there if we do not consider the informal education of the children, which takes place due to their experiences and observation of the surroundings. For this, media plays a very vital role in today’s era. In formulating the “super ego”, as per Sigmund Freud, this media nowadays is the most powerful tool. I think that rather by allowing alcohol in our society to generate revenues for government (which is haraam for any Muslim), our government should devise a system which should deliver the informative and educative channels on a nationwide broadcast network, and should critically observe the entertainment channels, which subliminally programmes a mind to endure and cherish love of lust and material desires, nowadays. The government can introduce such a system and can generate revenue by the services, and the charges can be collected by the television licensing authorities. Also by doing this, the government will have to expend less on police and other law implementing agencies because there will automatically arise a general sense in public to abide by the law and orders and keep up their ethical and moral values as per religion and/or humanitarian grounds. With the due course of time, we can have lots of good professionals also, who are good human beings as well.

I am writing this reply with a hope that either u (in future) or any other may get the idea and try to implement it, for the betterment of not only Pakistan, but also the whole world. I am also closing this discussion here, for the sake of others.

Best of luck! (For your pursuit of knowledge and wisdom)

Take care
Old Friday, April 13, 2007
Banned

maiji is an unknown quantity at this point

Well...Sorry for the late cuz i was bit away from my PC. Every self in this world has the peculiar philosophy of each and every perspective of the life. Unlike, what I have posted was my perspective and what I got in response from you all was definitely yours. A great saying by some one that nothing is good or bad in this world only one thing differs that is perception. Same the ideas I got in response but the difference was only in navigating concrete. I hope you all pondering good for others and have better perceptions about the other's thinkings regards