Friday, April 26, 2024
10:35 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, September 21, 2014

abbas khan 119 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIL KHESHGI View Post
A perfect demagogue but we Pakistanis should be thankful to him because due to his agitational politics our Parliament became a Parliament, to some extent. Revolutions occurs in the minds of people not on roads!
And i am sensing a change in the people's mind as well. Sooner or latter-this dilapidated, archaic and obsolete system will have to shatter once. I am seeing that bilawal bhutto is being rejected all over pakistan and so is maryam Nawaz.
Ok i should come to the rational arguments. Though not completely righteous he is, If Imran khan is totally wrong then why r not four constituencies being opened? Why has Nawaz said that the jirga's function is only to facilitate talks nt put forward solutions, when Rahman malik said PM should resign, if rigging allegations proved correct! Why Govt is hiding itself behind stay orders?
And, imran khan is demanding for the resignation of pm not for the dissolution of assemblies. If it so, then how he is disrupting democracy. Yousaf Raza gillani resigned, but parliament remained intact. Will somebody tell that was it tantamount to rolling back the democracy?
Remember! Imran khan would be called as a revolutionary for many resons. 1st, it was he who for the first tried to stood against status-quo. 2nd, it was imran khan who insisted electoral reforms. 3rd, it was imran khan who taught the people not to sell their vote for a "qeema waly nan paratha". 4th, it was again he who emphasised much on the accountability of ruling elites. 5th, it was he who taught the people that political parties may be rightest they may b leftest, they may arch rivals, but whenever someone will try to hit their interests, all they will be together.

Umer Khayam Nizamani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
The only reason I gave the example of 95 percent because almost all parties admit there has been rigging in the election. They did not ask for proof. Even the election commission said that in Karachi they could not be sure on the transparency of the elections. As for other parties doing the same thing if IK comes to power, they are more than welcome if they have sound ground for doing so if IK does not listen to their fair demands in the first instances like NW did not listen to IK when he stated that he should look into the 4 constituencies. What IK did, was not sudden and unexpected, he tried other means which did not bear fruit, therefore, I do not see a problem in his method now. Furthermore, peaceful protest is a right under democracy. Honestly speaking, you know it and I know it the kind of service the court of law provide in Pakistan. If the court of law was indeed giving out justice as it should have lots of things in Pakistan that are currently the issue would not be an issue. If IK did go to court it will take him till the end of NS term to get his case heard no doubt about it, unless it gets thrown out, which is a possibility because NS is still in power. The same NS who once a sent his thugs into the Supreme court. Trust me, I would have agreed with your point of going to court first and foremost, but come on now, have you seen the history of the infamous NS.
Oh well yes i know it and you as well how courts are run but that does not gives us a license to march on Parliament or does it? I guess not, at least i don't think it is morally good. The very alliance of IK with qadri sahab is ambiguous, His dharna was okay until he decided to march on PM house along with IK because everyone knew qadri wants to create turmoil and he succeeded in it. That guy does not even has anything on stake, IK should have been sensible and should not have decided to march along with qadri. The entire situation would only create more problems for IK and his party, They should try to negotiate on their demands, finalize and document them and go home ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbas khan 119 View Post
And i am sensing a change in the people's mind as well. Sooner or latter-this dilapidated, archaic and obsolete system will have to shatter once. I am seeing that bilawal bhutto is being rejected all over pakistan and so is maryam Nawaz.
Ok i should come to the rational arguments. Though not completely righteous he is, If Imran khan is totally wrong then why r not four constituencies being opened? Why has Nawaz said that the jirga's function is only to facilitate talks nt put forward solutions, when Rahman malik said PM should resign, if rigging allegations proved correct! Why Govt is hiding itself behind stay orders?
And, imran khan is demanding for the resignation of pm not for the dissolution of assemblies. If it so, then how he is disrupting democracy. Yousaf Raza gillani resigned, but parliament remained intact. Will somebody tell that was it tantamount to rolling back the democracy?
Remember! Imran khan would be called as a revolutionary for many resons. 1st, it was he who for the first tried to stood against status-quo. 2nd, it was imran khan who insisted electoral reforms. 3rd, it was imran khan who taught the people not to sell their vote for a "qeema waly nan paratha". 4th, it was again he who emphasised much on the accountability of ruling elites. 5th, it was he who taught the people that political parties may be rightest they may b leftest, they may arch rivals, but whenever someone will try to hit their interests, all they will be together.
He tried to stood against status-quo, Seriously? People who always have been the people of status-quo are beside him on the stage and they are the one pull the strings. Do i have to start naming them for you now? Accountability of ruling elite but no accountability of Pervaiz khattak because he is in his party now? No accountability of SMQ who is paid tremendous amount of money as a nazrana by illiterate mureeds? Do you really think Bilawal is getting rejected? Believe me i live in Sindh and i see PPP winning for like next 2 elections easily.

Vegeta is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umer Khayam Nizamani View Post
Oh well yes i know it and you as well how courts are run but that does not gives us a license to march on Parliament or does it? I guess not, at least i don't think it is morally good. The very alliance of IK with qadri sahab is ambiguous, His dharna was okay until he decided to march on PM house along with IK because everyone knew qadri wants to create turmoil and he succeeded in it. That guy does not even has anything on stake, IK should have been sensible and should not have decided to march along with qadri. The entire situation would only create more problems for IK and his party, They should try to negotiate on their demands, finalize and document them and go home ASAP.
To be honest what does give you a license to march on Parliament?There is no set example. I really do wonder. They play fast and loose with your civil rights, they insult your dignity in numerous ways throughout your life, they kill you, they do not allow you redress etc I am putting all the blame on Parliament for this, because if a Member of Parliament abuses power and they stay mum about it, they all are part of the abuse. Qadri wants to create trouble, but Sharif is trouble. I seriously cannot for the life of me understand why is Sharif so attached to the PM seat that he would not even leave it for a month. As you said, IK did not join Qadri in the start they were two separate movements, but they have formed a coalition which I believe is needed for the time being to put pressure on the Parliament to take action. Like I said Nawaz Sharif a law unto himself, rule of law, courts etc they do not matter for him as long as he is doing what he wants. He just does not give a damn about anyone else. Was marching in front of the PM house or even protesting there such a crime that they treated the people with tear gas, 'rubber bullets', real bullets. Like seriously it was a protest not an assassination attempt, even that does not warrant such reaction against the masses. Its a 'democracy' not a dictatorship.
Old Monday, September 22, 2014

Umer Khayam Nizamani is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
To be honest what does give you a license to march on Parliament?There is no set example. I really do wonder. They play fast and loose with your civil rights, they insult your dignity in numerous ways throughout your life, they kill you, they do not allow you redress etc I am putting all the blame on Parliament for this, because if a Member of Parliament abuses power and they stay mum about it, they all are part of the abuse. Qadri wants to create trouble, but Sharif is trouble. I seriously cannot for the life of me understand why is Sharif so attached to the PM seat that he would not even leave it for a month. As you said, IK did not join Qadri in the start they were two separate movements, but they have formed a coalition which I believe is needed for the time being to put pressure on the Parliament to take action. Like I said Nawaz Sharif a law unto himself, rule of law, courts etc they do not matter for him as long as he is doing what he wants. He just does not give a damn about anyone else. Was marching in front of the PM house or even protesting there such a crime that they treated the people with tear gas, 'rubber bullets', real bullets. Like seriously it was a protest not an assassination attempt, even that does not warrant such reaction against the masses. Its a 'democracy' not a dictatorship.
I agree somewhat with last part of what you've written above, As far as you've said they formed an alliance and were separate movements? The whole chaos was planned in London, They left the lahore at same time, Some people on both sides were constantly in touch, They decided to leave at the same time for Red zone and decided to march on to parliament at the same time. Still you think it was not planned and it was just an alliance with necessity or for time being? Well all is not wrong in the parliament, there are some really good people in there and you can bring change staying there, marching on it is not the right way. For the first time devolution of power, transformation of power from one government to another? In my humble opinion, give it time and it shall improve.
Old Monday, September 22, 2014

Nida Malik Alvi is on a distinguished road

let this story be on another side whether that is planned or not .......
obviously standing against government and starting this long lasting dharna need some preparations and support of other parties to built pressure
we should be concerned what are his demands
what made him to stand on roads
we all know some people in parliament are good too but who listens to them
like IK mentions in his speech that asad umer went parliament many times regarding this but no one listens him
so ?????????
Old Wednesday, September 24, 2014

sumayaali is on a distinguished road

Imran Khan was my liking too, i put my first vote for him, and ended up disappointed by my choice. I saw in him the ability to heal, and put out of misery, a failed state such as that of Pakistan. However, he is doing the inverse, he has put the heavy anchor over board so now the already sinking ship sinks faster. I am not going to comment on the government, it is respectable for me. However, i would say they have the majority, regardless of the rigging, whatsoever!
Imran Khan's dharna is deteriorating in its very nature, it will leave the economy hampered, it has singly re-united the parliament, that being only one benefit, which wasn't needed at the moment anyway, other than that, production, output, export receipts, all have decreased. The economic growth that Pakistan sees in Nawaz era is better then others. He is a business person essentially, instead of calling him a capitalist who earns benefit of his own, why not call him an opportunity provider, for the obvious reason that when a business starts, it has multiple stakeholders and almost all of those benefit from it in one way or the other. Only once had Pakistan scene deflation, and lets not forget it was Nawaz's era.

"i wish to allow democracy to function, limp along as it may, I am, therefore, with Nawaz sharif, in spite of his supremely foolish response to the procession, in spite of his pathetic governance, in spite of the fact that i don't like the man" -- Rabia Ahmed