CSS Forums

CSS Forums (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/)
-   Discussion (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/)
-   -   Malala Yousafzai wins 2014 nobel peace prize (http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/discussion/95646-malala-yousafzai-wins-2014-nobel-peace-prize.html)

emraankhattak Friday, October 10, 2014 02:39 PM

Malala Yousafzai wins 2014 nobel peace prize

OSLO: Teenage education activist Malala Yousafzai has jointly won the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize with Indian child rights activist Kailash Satyarthi for their work on promoting child rights , Express News reported.

Malala is the youngest Nobel Peace Prize winner and the second Pakistani to become a Nobel laureate after Abdus Salam who also shared the prize in 1979 with US nominee Steven Weinberg for physics.

“The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2014 is to be awarded to Kailash Satyarthi and Malala Yousafzai for their struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education,” the jury said.

There was no clear frontrunner ahead of Friday’s Nobel Peace Prize announcement, with a Russian opposition newspaper, Tunisia’s democratic leadership, Pakistan schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai and Pope Francis among a record number of candidates.

As in previous years, the chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, Thorbjoern Jagland, will reveal the laureate’s name at 0900 GMT at the Nobel Institute in Oslo.

The Nobel committee considered a record 278 candidates, but only those made public by their sponsors have been named.

The Nobel committee’s deliberations continued almost until the last minute and a decision wasn’t reached until last week, public broadcaster NRK reported.

The broadcaster, which sometimes but not always has been able to predict the winner, wrote on its website that Tunisia’s powerful UGTT workers union and President Moncef Marzouki were among this year’s favourites.

“Union can beat out Malala tomorrow,” it wrote on its website.

The UGTT was nominated for its role in Tunisia’s democratic transition, brokering political negotiations that resulted in a post-revolution constitution being signed.

Marzouki, a secular ally of the moderate party Ennahda, was chosen as president in Tunisia’s first election since dictator Zine El Abidine was toppled in 2011.

Pundits have also suggested that individuals or groups from the Russian opposition could be a popular choice for the Nobel Committee.

“Russia’s policy in Ukraine, annexing Crimea and questioning borders, but also the way the Kremlin treats dissenters cannot be ignored by the Nobel committee,” said Antoine Jacob, author of a history of the Nobel prizes.

For the Nobel committee president Thorbjoern Jagland, “sanctioning Moscow would… be a way to prove that he acts independently, since (Jagland) is (also) the Secretary General of the Council of Europe, which counts Russia as a member,” Jacob told AFP.

Co-founded by Mikhail Gorbachev in 1993 with part of his peace prize money, the pro-democracy Moscow newspaper Novaya Gazeta has been tipped as a possible laureate.

It is one of the few independent media outlets left in Russia and has seen several of its journalists murdered, including Anna Politkovskaya who exposed huge human rights abuses in Chechnya.

Pope Francis has become a bookmakers’ favourite for speaking out on poverty.

“Today everything comes under the laws of competition and the survival of the fittest, where the powerful feed upon the powerless,” the first Latin American pope argued in an exhortation last year.

Experts have cited Edward Snowden, the former intelligence analyst who revealed the extent of US global eavesdropping, as an outside candidate.

However, most experts say he would be a controversial choice for the 878,000-euro ($1.11-million) award.

Pakistani girls’ education campaigner Malala Yousafzai, a favourite last year, is once again being mentioned by observers although many say her young age makes her a somewhat less likely choice for the committee.

It could also increase the terror threat against the 17-year-old, who pushed Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan to meet with the parents of hundreds of girls who were kidnapped by the Islamist group Boko Haram.

Kristian Berg Harpviken, director of the Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO), a leading peace prize analyst and one of the few to publish a shortlist, put the peace group Japanese People Who Conserve Article 9 — which wants to maintain the Asian country’s anti-war constitution — in first place.

“We may have come to think of wars between states as virtually extinct after the end of the Cold War, but events in Ukraine and simmering tensions in East Asia remind us they may reappear,” he wrote.

Among the other main contenders was favourites were Congolese doctor Denis Mukwege, also tipped last year, who has treated female victims of sexual violence for the last 25 years, and the human rights activist Ales Bialiatski from Belarus, who was released from prison by the Russian-backed dictatorship in June
[url]http://tribune.com.pk/story/773258/malala-yousafzai-shares-nobel-peace-prize-with-indian-activist/[/url]

even odd Friday, October 10, 2014 04:36 PM

Malala Yousafzai - Facts

Malala Yousafzai

Born: 12 July 1997, Mingora, Pakistan

Residence at the time of the award: United Kingdom

Prize motivation: "for their struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education"

Prize share: 1/2

:pipe

Kailash Satyarthi - Facts

Kailash Satyarthi

Born: 11 January 1954, Vidisha, India

Residence at the time of the award: India

Prize motivation: "for their struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education"

Prize share: 1/2

Irtika Friday, October 10, 2014 08:04 PM

Malala wins noble prize ....!! happy day for us.!!

What the 17 she has done for Pakistan which no one could do. Today malala has made us proud.:bow

sincere khan Friday, October 10, 2014 08:24 PM

A very worst day for Pakistan. she is an Indian and Israeli agent . she is anti Pakistan. if you don't believe please read her book you will find every things

a very worst day for whole pakistani because she is anti pakistani please read her book you peoples will find every thing that what is wrong and what is good

hafiz mubashar Friday, October 10, 2014 08:37 PM

Well Done, Malala Yousafzai or we may say Malala of Pakistan. At least she made the country capable of winning Nobel Peace Prize. Otherwise we are allegedly considered a threat to world order, but she has won Nobel Peace Award. It's our duty now to come to the level of greatness ahere she has put us now. Thank You Malala.:thinking

[QUOTE=sincer khan;764686]A very worst day for Pakistan. she is an Indian and Israeli agent . she is anti Pakistan. if you don't believe please read her book you will find every things[/QUOTE]

:0 :onesec :hurt Although I don't want to be indulge in such frivolous talks- conspiracies against or regarding Malala, but we should be and we are proud of her. The reason is that she has won Nobel Prize for Pakistan. This will create our image as a brave, knowledge loving and peaceful country. This is the thing that we are lacking in utmost that our image in international community has been diminished. She has successfully created a better image for our country. There is no doubt that she will continue to do so in future and she will be remembered for it forever. Whenever the name of Malala will be called, it will be attached with Pakistan and not to America, India, Israel etc. etc.

sincere khan Friday, October 10, 2014 08:51 PM

My dear i was also support her during initial days but after reading her books and meet some close peoples then i changed my mind because she wrote a lot of wrong news about pakistan and specially pakhtoons. she wrote that peoples of pakisatan doesn't want girls education its totally wrong because in our province every years thousand girls graduated from different universities and colleges. we provide equal opportunities to girls. we give equal respect to girls but she blamed pakhtoon not talibans.

The Shah Ends Friday, October 10, 2014 08:56 PM

[QUOTE=sincer khan;764700]My dear i was also support her during initial days but after reading her books and meet some close peoples then i changed my mind because she wrote a lot of wrong news about pakistan and specially pakhtoons. she wrote that peoples of pakisatan doesn't want girls education its totally wrong because in our province every years thousand girls graduated from different universities and colleges. we provide equal opportunities to girls. we give equal respect to girls but she blamed pakhtoon not talibans.[/QUOTE]

Agreed :)
But bro if there comes a question regarding this in CA paper, then please do not write against her like this. Portray her as the leader of girls in your paper instead. :pp

Gypsified Friday, October 10, 2014 08:58 PM

I never cared much about the Nobel and who won it. But there is no sight more delightful than seeing a teenage girl making all the bigots and intellectually and morally degraded creatures bubbling with hatred and yelling obscenities. This certainly calls for celebrations. Cheers! (would absolutely love to read Orya Maqbool Jan's next column)

[QUOTE] she wrote that peoples of pakisatan doesn't want girls education its totally wrong[/QUOTE]

You've read the book, right? I have it with me right here, please go ahead and quote the passage where she said that the people of Pakistan don't want the education of girls.

Also, please educate us how is Malala an agent of Israel or America or Mars, whatever.

sincere khan Friday, October 10, 2014 09:10 PM

Please tell me that why UN didn't award Nobel prize to Gaza poor teachers and students when isreal was bombing on them why whats the reason. Malala case is not a big issue

Also, please educate us how is Malala an agent of Israel or America or Mars,

this place is not suitable for discussion if you want then meet with me you will know every things.

Gypsified Friday, October 10, 2014 09:16 PM

[QUOTE]this place is not suitable for discussion if you want then meet with me you will know every things.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Kamal kee baat ker di hay aap nain Khan sahab. Anyways, I'm waiting for the excerpt.

sincere khan Friday, October 10, 2014 09:19 PM

my Dear Malala belonged to National awami party, a most corrupt party in the history of pakistan. all pakhtoon hate Malala because she show our wrong image to the world.

hafiz mubashar Friday, October 10, 2014 09:27 PM

[QUOTE=sincer khan;764715]Also, please educate us how is Malala an agent of Israel or America or Mars,

this place is not suitable for discussion if you want then meet with me you will know every things.[/QUOTE]

My dear fellow! This prestigious forum is the right place to discuss the thoughts, feelings etc, of the young and educated lot of Pakistan who are nation builders like you,me and other members. We are here to remove the fallacies and be on the right track. So, go ahead and lets we talk here and share our ideas related to our our exam and about Pakistan.

Now, the question is that allegedly if she wrote in her book that Pakhtoons are not ready to educate their children or we may simply say, without naming any community, that many Pakistanis do not want their children to go to school. Be objective and as an educated person look around you. In Pakistan, education level is very low as compared to many other nations of the world. One of the major causes among others is that our people don't want to send their children to schools. They do not want education. The reasons are many and one of them is that they are traditional ones. They don't want to see that their children may get education and become used to the modern technology.
I believe Malala has refereed to this particular mindset of Pakistani and especially:thinking rural areas people.

sincere khan Friday, October 10, 2014 09:31 PM

Dear this will happen in a typical society. while she belongs to swat where girls education is more than any other districts of Kpk. she must blamed the Taliban but she wrote against Pakistan, islam and Pakhtoon.

qasimk Friday, October 10, 2014 09:38 PM

the book name of Malala is I am Malala Right????

qasimk Friday, October 10, 2014 09:43 PM

[QUOTE=hafiz mubashar;764709]Well Done, Malala Yousafzai or we may say Malala of Pakistan. At least she made the country capable of winning Nobel Peace Prize. Otherwise we are allegedly considered a threat to world order, but she has won Nobel Peace Award. It's our duty now to come to the level of greatness ahere she has put us now. Thank You Malala.:thinking[/QUOTE]

as i read your post i had a piffany that Mr.Eidhi lived his whole life like an A hole..:O because 11 year old girl who supported buy externals got the Award and Mr. Edhi didnt Shame on Mr. Edhi i guess coz he didnt do anything for Peace and for Pakistan right????

sincere khan Friday, October 10, 2014 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=qasimk;764741]as i read your post i had a piffany that Mr.Eidhi lived his whole life like an A hole..:O because 11 year old girl who supported buy externals got the Award and Mr. Edhi didnt Shame on Mr. Edhi i guess coz he didnt do anything for Peace and for Pakistan right????[/QUOTE]

Yes that's the main point why UN didnt award Nobel prize to him And why to Malala because there is something secret. she show our wrong image to the world. and now whole world think that pakistan is unsafe country for womans

maria25 Friday, October 10, 2014 09:51 PM

Noble peace prize is a joke now.. They will give this to anyone who benefits them. Malala made pakistan look like a terrorist state and that's what they wanted. :)

hafiz mubashar Friday, October 10, 2014 09:53 PM

Clarification!

[QUOTE=qasimk;764741]as i read your post i had a piffany that Mr.Eidhi lived his whole life like an A hole..:O because 11 year old girl who supported buy externals got the Award and Mr. Edhi didnt Shame on Mr. Edhi i guess coz he didnt do anything for Peace and for Pakistan right????[/QUOTE]

:0 No, No my dear. Not at all. I did not say so. i did not say that Mr. Edhi is not capable for it or he isn't doing anything good. Where did I say?
Every one's services have to be appreciated. Both are our heroes. We are comparing them or making differences between any one. Both are Pakistanis, both are good for humanity. So I love and respect both of them as for many other our heroes.

farat Friday, October 10, 2014 10:23 PM

Respected khan. I think you are under estimating the situation. Girls education as well as is more worst in pakistan. Malala deserves nobel price as she initiated struggle for girls in beleaguered city of Sawat where Talibanan collapsed the girls schools, threatened parents not to send girls to school. It is worst situation as compare tp any other area where girl education is abhorred i,e tribal areas, rajan pur, rural areas of southern punjab or interior sindh. She is enlisted in the greatest persons of the world and great person delivers to the whole world because they don't believe in nations, sect, religion or races. Mala gave encouragement to the girls of the whole world and proud for pakistan is that this light kindled from our country.

Shafqat Ali Samo Friday, October 10, 2014 10:28 PM

proud to b pakistani

iam very happy that man has not done any thing for pakistan as young girl malala did that. so nevr try to wrote ur nero minded thought as any body can b hurted.:bow:bow:bow:bow:bow:comein:comein

sincere khan Friday, October 10, 2014 10:37 PM

My Dear i agree with you but when she became famous she blamed us. whole the country as well as islam and represent the wrong image of Islam. she says that Burqa should not allowed to our woman. she says i hate those peoples who have beard.

qasimk Friday, October 10, 2014 10:52 PM

this discussion will never be at end:)....long time ago there was a mukhtaran bai....she'd been supported by externals and now look where she is standing nobody like to even discuss her..even one of my female friend said please don;t talk about that ho*.....God knows who is right and who is wrong Malala supporters for Malala's against people:S...i would say to anyone that this is a peace prize lets have some peace:) not to fight with words:)

altaf Hussainen Friday, October 10, 2014 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=Irtika;764676]What the 17 she has done for Pakistan which no one could do. Today malala has made us proud.:bow[/QUOTE]

she is an agent of west , why she couldn't give a single comment over Gaza situation !? I am dubbing him puppet of west.Pakistan is full of noble personalities ,like Abdul sattar edhi , why he is not awarded he is doing better than malala (a western puppet).

qasimk Friday, October 10, 2014 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=altaf Hussainen;764777]she is an agent of west , why she couldn't give a single comment over Gaza situation !? I am dubbing him puppet of west.Pakistan is full of noble personalities ,like Abdul sattar edhi , why he is not awarded he is doing better than malala (a western puppet).[/QUOTE]

Good to hear your thought but the answer of your thought is because Edhi Sab is not doing that kinda work which helps externals:).......

RAO RAMEEZ Friday, October 10, 2014 11:25 PM

Malala Done a Great Job

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-747MeIQcaAg/TaC0XuIFNcI/AAAAAAAAC-M/R_55I8EPrTU/s1600/4.GIF[/IMG]
Education for women is a good motto by Malala...But there should be more universities and colleges as well because Men who are actually the sole earners for their families are really suffering...Also the Organizations hire women on low wages and some deserving boys who really have to support their parents and other family members remain unemployed...Cases where women have to support their families are almost 5-10 percent only while men supporting their homes are 90-95 percent...What women do mostly every body knows here.
Get a degree to have a guy of their own choice (or nearly :haha ) and then sit in their homes... Usually their sole aim is to get married and then "Whoosh"...True for all ranging from Kemcolians to Lumsolians and Ravians to Agrarians...
There is a positive aspect for guys as well in women freedom and education...Imagine you sleeping all day at home and watching movies and your wife (for the sake of freedom) earning money...:haha Imagine where you can see only 1-3 percent women on streets you can see 50-60 percent...No need to sneak through some doors or window corners.:cr Imagine where it is difficult to have 2-3 girlfriends on average you may 50-infinite...It will be easy to see and get a woman...
So, having freedom of women will bring no harm to your "status quo"..:pp

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1kKmsJVXNsI/TZtSfwYCwoI/AAAAAAAAB6A/tc_29yh8lS0/s1600/1.GIF[/IMG]

Pattern and lines on which women should be imparted education should be different from men...Otherwise
[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4eq13k-mFQg/TaCzea0IRAI/AAAAAAAAC90/UBWO3hhVLDQ/s1600/2.GIF[/IMG]

qasimk Friday, October 10, 2014 11:40 PM

[QUOTE=RAO RAMEEZ;764787][IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-747MeIQcaAg/TaC0XuIFNcI/AAAAAAAAC-M/R_55I8EPrTU/s1600/4.GIF[/IMG]
Education for women is a good motto by Malala...But there should be more universities and colleges as well because Men who are actually the sole earners for their families are really suffering...Also the Organizations hire women on low wages and some deserving boys who really have to support their parents and other family members remain unemployed...Cases where women have to support their families are almost 5-10 percent only while men supporting their homes are 90-95 percent...What women do mostly every body knows here.
Get a degree to have a guy of their own choice (or nearly :haha ) and then sit in their homes... Usually their sole aim is to get married and then "Whoosh"...True for all ranging from Kemcolians to Lumsolians and Ravians to Agrarians...
There is a positive aspect for guys as well in women freedom and education...Imagine you sleeping all day at home and watching movies and your wife (for the sake of freedom) earning money...:haha Imagine where you can see only 1-3 percent women on streets you can see 50-60 percent...No need to sneak through some doors or window corners.:cr Imagine where it is difficult to have 2-3 girlfriends on average you may 50-infinite...It will be easy to see and get a woman...
So, having freedom of women will bring no harm to your "status quo"..:pp

[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1kKmsJVXNsI/TZtSfwYCwoI/AAAAAAAAB6A/tc_29yh8lS0/s1600/1.GIF[/IMG]

Pattern and lines on which women should be imparted education should be different from men...Otherwise
[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4eq13k-mFQg/TaCzea0IRAI/AAAAAAAAC90/UBWO3hhVLDQ/s1600/2.GIF[/IMG][/QUOTE]

you are late brother you should've write this post before Malala wrote her book:)..she surly meant what you are saying now:):bow

usmanwrites Saturday, October 11, 2014 01:18 AM

Society is surely in the depth of ignorance when a Nobel Winner is disowned by it's own people- Such a shame

Invincible Saturday, October 11, 2014 01:56 AM

[QUOTE=sincer khan;764686]A very worst day for Pakistan. she is an Indian and Israeli agent . she is anti Pakistan. if you don't believe please read her book you will find every things[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=maria25;764746]Noble peace prize is a joke now.. They will give this to anyone who benefits them. Malala made pakistan look like a terrorist state and that's what they wanted. :)[/QUOTE]

[B]This country doesn't deserve to be honored. She is being vilified as the theoretical physicist Abdus Salam was made subject of calumniation at that time.

2. Our Politicians/Elite would have won noble prize 100 times, had this award been given on the basis of being 'Agent'.

3. Abandon this thought "Larki ne hamre mulk ki izat neelam krdee hai" aisa kuch nh hua. Chill! :pp[/B]

Hassan02 Saturday, October 11, 2014 02:03 AM

Don't really care about who wins the peace prize, but its heartening to see bigots and fanatics such as Sincer Khan on fire. May you burn brightly my friends!

[QUOTE=sincer khan;764700]i changed my mind because she wrote a lot of wrong news about pakistan [/QUOTE]

Such as? Give examples when you make allegations boy.

[QUOTE]and specially pakhtoons. she wrote that peoples of pakisatan doesn't want girls education its totally wrong because in our province every years thousand girls graduated from different universities and colleges.
[/QUOTE]In my neighborhood everyone is rich, therefore I refuse to believe that there is any poverty in Pakistan! Just because some girls manage to get an education doesn't mean all girls do genius.

[QUOTE=maria25;764746]Noble peace prize is a joke now.. They will give this to anyone who benefits them. Malala made pakistan look like a terrorist state and that's what they wanted. :)[/QUOTE]

You are right, there are no terrorists in Pakistan. Its all a Western drama and the Pakistan army is actually playing Call of Duty in Waziristan.

PRINCE G Saturday, October 11, 2014 02:44 AM

Today, Let's Celebrate PAKISTAN. Let’s celebrate Malala Yousafzai.

[SIZE="2"]What a pity on some PAKISTANI's who are again in the arena to show PATRIOTISM. But which kind of PATRIOTISM are they showing?

Of same kind, which was shown by majority of PAKISTANI's in 1979. Because in 1979, An AHMADI won Nobel Prize in Physics for his contribution to electroweak unification. He was exiled after labelling as a "Yahoodi Agent".
And again, there's a Yahoodi Agent among us My Dear Bold Pakistani's.
Her name is MALALA YOUSAFZAI. She's the spokesperson of WEST & particularly JEWISH LOBBY. Because she spoke about girl's right of education in a tribal area where there was prosperity,harmony & Taliban coated Sharia.
She's "Yahoodi Agent", because she wrote her diary about wild ghosts who want to destroy the very existence of Pakistan.
She's "Yahoodi Agent", because she stood up for the right of girl's education when those wild ghosts were attacking schools & colleges of Tribal Areas.
She's "Yahoodi Agent", because she dreamt of a country where education would prevail.
She's "Yahoodi Agent", because she revolted against peace loving Talibans. She's "Yahoodi Agent", because she wanted to convey a message to sensible Pakistani's that " If the new generation is not given Pens & Books, They will be given guns by Terrorists."
She's "Yahoodi Agent", because Her slogan was... " One Child, One Teacher, One Book & One Pen can change the World."
Peace Loving Taliban was being allergic of such a Girl because she boldly looked into Wild Ghost's Eyes and roared......" You can bombard all the Schools & Colleges but I don't mind if i have to sit on the floor at School Site. All I want is education and I'm afraid of no one."

And then they shoot She "Yahoodi Agent", because She alone was more powerful than a standing army.

When She " Yahoodi Agent " was in between of the way to Death Valley. Majority of Bold patriotic Pakistani's & 3rd class Mullahs were lecturing through electronic and social media that Please GOD save us from She " Yahoodi Agent ".

Whilst I wasn't able to look at her face. Because she was shot in her head. There was innocence on her face and barbie dolls beside her Head Pillow. I was thinking how inferious and fearful is to be a " Yahoodi Agent ".
Isn't it???

[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"]Why don't we respect our matchless talent?[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]

But Alas! When " Abdus Salam " won Nobel Prize he was in exile & Now same is the Case with " Malala Yousafzai ".

"So who do we hate more? The Ahmadi who managed to get himself a Physics Nobel Prize or girl who wanted to go to school & Now won a Nobel Peace Prize? Decisions, decisions."

Let’s not talk about how Pakistan treats its heroes. Let’s not talk about what we do when Pakistanis attempt to rise and be positive and get appreciated by the world. Let’s not talk about how we treat women and the achievements they manage to mount and be known for – despite the chauvinism, the sexism and the abuse they receive every day.

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"]Today, let’s celebrate Pakistan. Let’s celebrate Malala Yousafzai.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Today, let’s celebrate the fact that Malala joins the ranks of women who have won the Nobel Prize for Peace – the fact that there are only sixteen women since 1905 to 2014 who have won that prize. Malala joins the ranks of people like Mother Teresa and Shirin Ebadi and Tawakkol Karman – she becomes a symbol today, not just for Pakistan, but for women, for children, for young teens, for human rights’ activists, for anyone who wants to take a stand against religious extremism.

Today, let’s set aside our hate, let’s set aside our bias and prejudice and the rampant sexism and the random conspiracy theories that fog our minds into not seeing what is clear as day: that a young girl from Swat has stood for her right to be educated – and despite bullets, despite the hate, despite the various other factors that may have hindered her in the path to justice – today she stands as the recipient of an important international recognition. Today, she stands as a young Pakistani woman, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, as a symbol of hope for many girls who deserve to pursue their right to education.

[COLOR="blue"][SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"]Today, let’s celebrate a victory against terrorism. Today, let’s celebrate a survivor. A winner. A girl. A Pakistani.[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="6"][SIZE="5"]Today, let’s celebrate MALALA YOUSAFZAI.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]

rizwan qadeer Saturday, October 11, 2014 06:32 AM

dear members!!!!!! don't fight ! it isn't the meter that why she has given noble price . the point of mater is what is nodlea? i don't want to comment on her :the worst book ,but just want to tell you if, i were in her place ,i never accepted this price not only i but all the muslims should not accept it .because the price is given from an amount ,drawn from INTEREST (SOUD).simply , an ordinary:excl: muslim can under stand the term interest .highly prohibited in islam .

sincere khan Saturday, October 11, 2014 09:28 AM

[QUOTE=Hassan02;764834]You are right, there are no terrorists in Pakistan. Its all a Western drama and the Pakistan army is actually playing Call of Duty in Waziristan.[/QUOTE]

MY Dear You don't know anything. OK.
Please Read her book you will find everything. you are talking like Kids

What About Gaza Teachers and students. when Israel was bombing on them and still they were busy in schools and universities. what about Kashmirs Innocent Kids. when indian army killed a lot of kashmiri students. what about Afghanistan where thousand of girls are raped and killed. these are big issue not Malala:ph34r::dry::dry:

PRINCE G Saturday, October 11, 2014 10:33 AM

For Haters of MALALA YOUSAFZAI

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]Worth Reading....[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[URL="http://urdu.dawn.com/news/131568/izzat-raas-nahi-aati-salman-hyder-aq"]http://urdu.dawn.com/news/131568/izzat-raas-nahi-aati-salman-hyder-aq[/URL]

mir mazher Saturday, October 11, 2014 12:07 PM

Mazher shaikh

there is any big achievement for pakistan , i couldnt understand what she did for pakistan , i always asking a question myself that did she does anything beter than abdul sattar edhi (EDHI FOUNDATION) ?
did she does better than imran khan (SHOUKHAT KHANUM , NUML UNIV)
did she does better than ansar burn?
did she does better than moulana ilyas qadri dawet e islami?
did she does better than tahir ul qadiri minhaj ul quran?
did she does better than basheer farooqi selyani welfare ?
did she does better than ibrar ul haq sahara welfare trust and so on,actually we people just talking about what we are watching .......
maybe she will be coming in politican and maybe next benzair .....

Hassan02 Saturday, October 11, 2014 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=sincer khan;764877]MY Dear You don't know anything. OK.
Please Read her book you will find everything. you are talking like Kids[/QUOTE]

The only kid here is you boy, I read her book as soon as it came out and didn't find anything objectionable. If you are so afraid of the truth keep your eyes closed by all means.

You've made an allegation against her, now prove it. Present your arguments.

[QUOTE=sincer khan;764879]What About Gaza Teachers and students. when Israel was bombing on them and still they were busy in schools and universities. what about Kashmirs Innocent Kids. when indian army killed a lot of kashmiri students. what about Afghanistan where thousand of girls are raped and killed. these are big issue not Malala:ph34r::dry::dry:[/QUOTE]

The Nobel Prize is awarded for promotig a CAUSE, pray tell us what cause the teachers in Gaza were advocating? By your logic every guy working in a war zone should get a Nobel. BTW, do you even know why Malala was awarded the Nobel? For her work in promoting education and children's rights. The prize honors the CAUSE and NOT the person. Try to understand that if you can.

P.S Why go to Kashmir? Why not start from your own backyard? Scores of students have been picked up by intelligence agencies in Baluchistan, lets start by awarding them the Nobel Prize. While you're at it, also award the Nobel Prize to the hundreds of thousands of women raped by the Pak Army and its goons in 71 (since according to your logic getting raped makes one eligible for the Peace Prize.)

RAO RAMEEZ Saturday, October 11, 2014 12:52 PM

Whatever the Character of Malala is

Malala has opened gate for other Pakistanis to have noble prize. She has increased the credibility of Pakistan. Not only for people working for welfare of society but also researchers in Chemistry,Medicine,Physics.
Previously, lame excuses like Noble Prize will never be given to Muslims or Pakistanis etc because it is a western based prize etc etc.
Why Ahmad Nadeem Qasmi,Ansar Barni, Faiz Ahmad Faiz , Edhi are not given or even nominated properly for noble prize?
Answer is simple. Pakistanis are never taken seriously in this regard. Their literary and scientific works were thrown in the dustbins. There language has been never given the due importance despite of one of the biggest language in the world. We have to bring our country in the limelight with positive aspects.
Our religious masses have failed to secure the mark. They have used religion just to hide their weaknesses. Our Maulvis use religion to hide their utmost ineptness in every other matter of life. Our religious veiled women have used their "Hijab" to en-veil their misdeeds and past and to have soft corners and praises in male dominated societies. Misinterpretation of religion and it's use for their personal gains is now a common norm in our societies. We judge others according to Pure Religious values and when it comes to "us" we devise the interpretation according to our needs and desires.

As far as this "Agent" term is used. It's the history of man kind that he is always inclined toward a developed society and a develop minds.

Malala case is no different. Yes, she do not want to live in a society with Dual Character Long Bearded men. She do not want to live in the rugged remote mountains with even no proper sanitary system, no good and proper schools and backward in all technology.

I don't know what this Orthodox Pathan mind is...At first time they given Fatwas against the modern technology saying it as "Shaitani Charkha"...This "Shaitani Charkhas" are found in abundance and in whole sale in their markets. Everybody knows they are the biggest Smugglers of technology. Afghanistan the so called fort of Islam is the largest producer of Opium.
In our Urban areas our Mothers always dissuade us to get out of our homes during the Noon, Mid night saying " Pathan ajae ga bache pakarhne wala, phir jaa kar Peshawar baich de ga"...

It's better we have freedom of women (not "Maadar Pidr"). But at least an extent what is the need of time. We must appreciate Malala in this case whatsoever she is an American Agent or Yehudi Lobbyist.
Puri Qaum ki Ghulami se behtar he Azadi Aurat ki.
[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-71H-fjK-Cxg/TaCyBlQMdBI/AAAAAAAAC9Y/eRcm5L-5TSQ/s1600/4.GIF[/IMG]

wasiq ullah Saturday, October 11, 2014 06:41 PM

thorny facts

i can not deny the value of what a noble priZe is, but one thing of which i became cocksure in 2009 when noble peace prize were awarded to Barack Obama is that it is a shit fable of award distribution. the bloodiest person and the noblest award, is it not a joke??? or a paradox?? or what???

mhmmdkashif Saturday, October 11, 2014 07:59 PM

Well there is indeed an honor in that the youngest ever recipient of the nobel peace award is a Pakistani teenage girl, congratulations to malala yousifzai and her struggle :).

sadafazam Saturday, October 11, 2014 08:29 PM

controversy collaborated with conspiracy to collapse Pakistan?

Either it be an achievement or a failure, neither do we celebrate nor deplore unanimously. The reaction to Malala's achievement of peace prize is exactly what could be expected from a nation which fails to celebrate the holiest of the holy festive on one agreed upon day.

To be honest i have not read her book but many here are saying she told west that Pakistanis do not educate their women. So what's the issue with this, anyone who have a good observation and a sensitive heart knows how the girls are treated and talked about in here. Out of 25 million out of school children more than 12 million are girls! and we still feel annoyed when a girl write this in her book. we must be thankful that she did not give a mention in her speech to the way she has been defamed by her countrymen after the attacks or the ambiguities about our image have had further cleared up. What would have been the reaction here, had she told the fact that education is not the only problem for girls in Pakistan, many Pakistanis dont even let them vote as we saw in 2013 election. What if she had written how political activism of women in a rally is considered obscene. What if she had told that we still solve our problems by trading women(we just can't disown our suburbs). What if she had written the islamic council's rejection of DNA test as a prove in case of rape.

[QUOTE]What women do mostly every body knows here.
Get a degree to have a guy of their own choice (or nearly :haha ) and then sit in their homes... Usually their sole aim is to get married and then "Whoosh"..[/QUOTE]

This is the epic. Thanx for telling me that i burn the midnight oil to get a boy. In majority of cases girls are made to sit at home by their in laws. we all know how crazy our mothers are for doctor bahu and how nefarious they become of the same doctor when she pursue her career.

[QUOTE]Imagine where you can see only 1-3 percent women on streets you can see 50-60 percent...No need to sneak through some doors or window corners.:cr Imagine where it is difficult to have 2-3 girlfriends on average you may 50-infinite...It will be easy to see and get a woman...[/QUOTE]

Why is there so much of emphasis on "seeing" a woman, come on woman is not an extinct specie to be kept in zoo to "see", if they come out of their homes to study or to earn that with in the limits of social norms no one must get hysteric. The thinking that all women out there must be seen or made girlfriend is the reason why men bind their own wives at home.

The beauty of Iqbal's poetry is that it can be twisted to suit personal interests as i m doing now. this one is for those who talk mountains against women freedom just because a mere illusion of a woman makes a "kotahi" in their "parwaaz"

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PH6JXBkBiV8/TbBZWmtwEkI/AAAAAAAAFtE/HWwbsLRLnU8/s1600/4.GIF[/IMG]

For all those boys saying girls enjoy a healthy life in Pakistan, "walk in our shoes and you will know". No offence shall be taken but truth must be digested or you will keep running from it all your life.

The Shah Ends Saturday, October 11, 2014 09:22 PM

[QUOTE=Gypsified;764716]LOL. Kamal kee baat ker di hay aap nain Khan sahab. Anyways, I'm waiting for the excerpt.[/QUOTE]

Why is Mr Sincer Khan bound to show you that specific excerpt? :thinking
Sir if you are this much interested to have a look at it, then please ''Google it'' :dd
Once you found that excerpt, share it with me too. :)
Thanks in anticipation. :)

05:02 AM (GMT +5)

vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.