Tuesday, May 07, 2024
02:54 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, June 04, 2007

North Star is on a distinguished road

@ Invincible

Quote:
do these examples make any sense? husband wife relationship is based on sacred agreement on equal rights, not on blood relation or other.
To some extent I agree to you that this relationship is based on a sacred agreement. Yet, both have different duties and responsibilities, so they enjoy different rights. The duties and responsibilities are distributed in such a manner that optimizes each gender's naturally endowed strengths regarding productivity and a good contribution to the society; in a manner which is a fair reflection of the concept of division of labor in a team (as far as we can only synergise as a team and not individually). As a matter of fact: an institution or a team is more productive when the divisions(based on different set of qualities and responsibilities) work in a supportive manner and focus on their own ambit, rather than in an intra-competitive fashion. We can observe this example from the colonial life of many uni-cellular organisms like "Volvox" to the much complex plexus of human social system (including Islamic social system as well): each organism can survive individually in a system but they prefer to live along with others, and this increases their total effectiveness. The institution of marriage is just one other implication of this concept; where the roles are ascribed according to the inherent specialties.

Quote:
How do u come to know that husband is wiser than wife? any scientific reason or any example of history to validate ur view.
Here I will agree to you completely that a husband is no wiser than wife. The only scientific reason I have in this regard to elucidate that why a man is allowed to physically punish a woman and not vice versa is that: A woman's body is naturally designed to endure more pain than that of a man. That is the sole reason why "Valentina Tereshkova" was chosen for a space-flight. So, what it logically makes out is that a man cannot endure the infliction of pain as much as a woman can. Thus, scientifically, women is the stronger sex, and morally: the stronger should not hit those who cannot sustain it.

Quote:
Now here debate starts, even u dont want to think tht she can beat him. May I ask Y? both r entitled to claim(Ashraful Makhlouqat)then y do u try to make her inferior?
A very good debatable issue. As I have stated earlier that it is not beyond possibility that she can beat him, but it is rather a moral issue (a man is highly at risk of getting killed by a woman). To the equivocal claim of "Superior creation", I think it is the right of both to proclaim it as human beings, but since this discussion started in a much narrower concept of gender discrimination, I am compelled to brief an example of a family: since every member can state to be a family member but by drilling down further into the discretions of roles and statuses, can every member say that he/she is the mother? Likewise, a man cannot claim to be a woman. But is that in-equality or just the difference based on different set of qualities? (besides the women have the equal right to study in Islam which is the fundamental superior-function in all the terrestrial species)

Quote:
May I ask y this whole process is not applicable to husband before beating his wife? Y is he not bound to consult third person before punishing her physically?
As a matter of fact, Strain only tried to give out an example of a workable idea, but it is not set in stone that a woman really has to go through all the sequences, if she desires the instruction of her mate. Truly speaking, the underlying idea is that a man has been authorized to commit this act (as a last resort) is just because he is a bigger fool and a weaker sex, so it is less harmful in consequences and more acceptable (besides a woman is pretty much capable to resist the pain, and are wiser and are able to work out on the ways better than that). However, as I have mentioned in my earlier post that a woman is not forbidden by any word to use force in order to save the soul of her partner from a grievous sin, but it is not advisable for her to do so due to some of the inherent differences amongst both the genders; like ones I have mentioned above.
Old Monday, June 04, 2007
Member of the Month June 2007/ July 2007

STRAIN2 will become famous soon enoughSTRAIN2 will become famous soon enough

@Invincible and other forum members
AOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible
I have some questions to ask regarding ur above mentioned comments

Let me clear you brother that these are not my comments. A scholar of Islam answered this in reply of the question posted.

Quote:
U said,
If a father mistreats his son, does the son have the right to hit his father? Why not?
If a mother mistreats her daughter, does the daughter have the right to hit her mother? Why not?

do these examples make any sense? husband wife relationship is based on sacred agreement on equal rights, not on blood relation or other.

Personally speaking, I find a lot of sense in it. If you are talking about blood relation only, then what about teacher and student ? That will make sense for you?

Quote:
U said,
The husband is physically stronger and is more wise than the wife. We can easily understand if he disciplines his wife when she does something wrong, but we cannot imagine the wife hitting the husband if he is at fault.

How do u come to know that husband is wiser than wife? any scientific reason or any example of history to validate ur view.
As far as husband wiser than wife statement is concerned, I agree with you in this regard.

During the treaty of Hudaibia, Ume-Salma (May Allah be pleased with her), she supported and guided the Prophet, at a time when the whole Muslim community was disturbed - She guided him, and she supported him.

Quote:
u said
but we cannot imagine the wife hitting the husband if he is at fault.Now here debate starts, even u dont want to think tht she can beat him. May I ask Y? both r entitled to claim(Ashraful Makhlouqat)then y do u try to make her inferior?
See brother, let me clear you one thing. Not always 1+1=2 rules applies in life. Islamic laws and even other regular matters cannot be solved by simply equating them in 1+1=2 rule. If you go by your way of argument, let me pose you following questions;
Why women are not allowed to marry four?
Why women's share in property inherited by her father is not equal to that of his brothers?
why are there no ‘Women Prophets’ in Islam?

Quote:
U said
If it is the husband who is mistreating his wife, that does not mean that she should remain oppressed or that her hands are tied. She has the right – just as the husband has – to warn and advise him, and to remind him to fear Allaah. If that does not work, she can seek the help of wise people among his relatives and her own, and they can advise him. If this does not work, then the matter can be taken to a qaadi (Muslim judge) who can force him to do the right thing – and Allaah is above them all.
May I ask y this whole process is not applicable to husband before beating his wife? Y is he not bound to consult third person before punishing her physically?
If you have read all the above posts from other forum members, specially from "LAST ISLAND", it would be clear to you that nonewhere BEATING is allowed. It is not COMPULSORY. See..you need to understand this basic concept given in Holy Quran's verse and clarified in Ahadiths. I'm sure you have missed the point.

Quote:
I hope u would quench my thirst by answering my questions

Allah says in Quran, Chapter 49 Al-Hujurăt (interpretation of meaning);

O you who believe! avoid most of suspicion, for surely suspicion in some cases is a sin.........

In last, i would try to conclude the whole discussion here as follow;
To follow the comandements of Allah subhawatallah in full.
Don't find escapes and excuses where aparently it seems nto compatible with you and your life style.
The demand of faith is to bow down after hearing it. Faith cannot co-exist with ifs and buts.
Do not unnecassarily dwelve into interpretation of quranic verses specially related to Islamic laws/Shariah. Its a complete studies. Let it be in hands of Islamic Scholars.

Let me qoute from a beautiful extract of Mufti Shafi Uthmani's article "An Introduction to the Science of Tafseer;
..........the other kind consists of verses which include injunctions, laws, articles of faith and intellectual subjects, Understanding verses of this kind as they should be rightfully understood and deducing and formulating injunctions and rulings from them cannot be done by just any person unless one has the insight and permeating reach into the Islamic areas of knowledge. This is why the noble Companions, whose mother-tongue was Arabic and they did not have to go anywhere to get trained into understanding Arabic, used to spend long periods of time in learning the Qur'an from the Holy Prophet . 'Allamah al-Suyuti has reported from Im-am Abu 'Abd al-Rahman Sulami that the Companions, who formally learned the Qur'an from the Holy Prophet , such as Sayyidna 'Uthman ibn 'Affan (RA) and 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ud (RA) and others, have told us that, after having learnt ten verses of the Qur'an from the Holy Prophet , they would not proceed on to the next verses until such time that they had covered all that was intellectually and practically involved in the light of these verses. They used to say:
We have learnt the Qur'an, knowledge and action all in one. (al-ltqan 2/176)
Consequently, as reported in Mu'atta of Imam Malik, Sayyidna 'Abdullah ibn Umar (RA) spent full eight years memorizing Surah al-Baqarah alone and, as in the Musnad of Ahmad, Sayyidna Anas' (RA), says that 'one of us who would learn Surah al-Baqarah and Surah al-Imran had his status enormously raised among us.'(Ibid)
Worth noticing is the fact that these noble Companions whose mother-tongue was Arabic, who had the highest degree of expertise in poetry and letters and who would have no difficulty in having very long qasidah poems perfectly committed to their memories with the least of effort, why would they need, just to memorize the Qur'an and understand its meanings, as long a time as eight years, and that too, for mastering one Surah? The only reason for this was that proficiency in the Arabic language was not enough to have a learning of the noble Qur'an and areas of knowledge bearing on it. In order to do that, it was also necessary to seek the benefit of the teaching and the company of the Holy Prophet . Now this is so obvious that the noble Companions inspite of having an expertise in the Arabic language and notwithstanding their being direct witnesses to the revelation, still needed the process of going through formal education at the feet of the blessed master in order to become the 'alims of the Qur'an, how then, after all these hundreds of years following the revelation of the Qur'an, just by cultivating an elementary familiarity with Arabic, or by simply looking at translations, can anyone claim to having become a commentator of the Qur'an? What a monsterous audacity and what a tragic joke with knowledge and religion! People who opt for such audacity should remember well that the Holy Prophet has said:
Whoever says anything about the Qur'an without knowledge, then he should make his abode in Hell. (Abu Dawud, as in al-ltqan, 2/179)
The Holy Prophet has also said:
Whoever talks about the Qur'an on the basis of his opinion, and even if says something true in it, still he made a mistake. (Abu Daw'ud, Nasa'i)

I would like to wind up by qouting from Quran Chapter 6 "Al-Anam" verse 70 (interpretation of meanings);

And leave those who have taken their religion for a play and an idle sport, and whom this world's life has deceived, and remind (them) thereby lest a soul should be given up to destruction for what it has earned; it shall not have besides Allah any guardian nor an intercessor, and if it should seek to give every compensation, it shall not be accepted from it; these are they who shall be given up to destruction for what they earned; they shall have a drink of boiling water and a painful chastisement because they disbelieved.

Ma'Salam