Saturday, May 04, 2024
03:32 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, November 13, 2014

qasimk is on a distinguished road

i dont have much to say because you all are much educated person over here..
but i just want to say that..Iqbal mostly poetry is in persian and Nisar saab diagree to ready persian so how come he knows that iqbal's poetry muslims life dificult...i believe you all and hasan nisar sab are well educated but you all and hassan nisar sab cant even read persian so how can you nisar sab and you guys can understand what exactly ment by Dr. Sab..and Ghalib Faiz and other poet didnt influence the mentality of that time muslims iqbal was the only poet who boost muslims issues.. make them to step frwrd....at the end no disrespect to any senior member..i read your posts and i believe i have the right to say something on my behalf.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qasimk For This Useful Post:
hasnain zafar (Thursday, November 20, 2014), RAO RAMEEZ (Thursday, November 13, 2014)

Monk will become famous soon enoughMonk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasimk View Post
i dont have much to say because you all are much educated person over here..
but i just want to say that..Iqbal mostly poetry is in persian and Nisar saab diagree to ready persian so how come he knows that iqbal's poetry muslims life dificult...i believe you all and hasan nisar sab are well educated but you all and hassan nisar sab cant even read persian so how can you nisar sab and you guys can understand what exactly ment by Dr. Sab..and Ghalib Faiz and other poet didnt influence the mentality of that time muslims iqbal was the only poet who boost muslims issues.. make them to step frwrd....at the end no disrespect to any senior member..i read your posts and i believe i have the right to say something on my behalf.
Much of the Iqbal's work has been translated from Persian so anyone can read and comment on that.

Secondly the point that Iqbal's influence is larger than his contemporary poets like faiz doesn't hold ground. We believe so because we are taught wrong side of the history only to paint Iqbal as a Superman
43rd CTP (FSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 126

revival is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAO RAMEEZ View Post
I meant something different. I didn't said Pan-Islamism is right wrong or is failure or not. I was sticking on the topic that "If some philosopher is proven wrong" it doesn't mean we start saying that he was just a mediocre man...

Pan-Islamism at that time was working as a "hope". Iqbal was looking that despite of millions of Muslims existing in the whole world, the Muslims of sub-continent are facing turmoil in the same era...At that time there were no strong states among Muslims (how he was supposed to present Nation-state theory then?),instead in the whole nation there was no leader to take care of it. Leaders were either absent or were busy in their own territories...Only hope was that some strong Muslim state rise and fight for the freedom of whole nation...
Now a days, somewhat stable and independent states are present so the situation has changed...

Well, it's not justice to compare a Modern Theory with a theory present 100 years back...World politics have changed 1000s of time after that...And the pace was much faster in the years came after Iqbal...
Exactly that's why the Turks ended Khilafat while the Muslims of the subcontinent here were beating drums in the favor of Khilafat. Come on bro why not just accept it that even in that era, which is not very old in historical sense, this notion was quite shattered all around. I have just quoted one example. There may be others too.
RAO RAMEEZ (Thursday, November 13, 2014)
43rd CTP (FSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Merit 126

revival is on a distinguished road

Any ways I'm out of this debate. Its a very subjective one. Everyone has their views and we should all respect that. However, as far as my own point of view is concerned I've clearly expressed them in my first comment on this post. Which was, Iqbal had relevance even in that age and even today, as a literary figure, who deserve all the respect that any literary figure should get.

Further, if there is always a possibility that one may not agree to some of the views of a particular person, no matter how much lofty he/she is in literary or historical national sense. Disagreements on some points doesn't means you don't respect that person.

In addition to that I've also mentioned that Hassan Nisar's way of criticizing and ridiculing is not very sober and sane in my view be it Iqbal or any layman. Though one of our friend, gypsied here, even prove the logic behind that course of rhetoric too, which for me again makes a lot of sense, even though I may not agree to that manner entirely.
RAO RAMEEZ (Thursday, November 13, 2014)

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
How come? Most of his predictions went dreadfully wrong i.e downfall of the west
Maybe I missed his predictions in The Reconstruction of religious thought in Islam which is the basis on which I called him relevant even today. I'm not talking about Iqbal as a poet.

Read this if you're interested to know more http://www.cssforum.com.pk/off-topic...modernity.html
He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:18)
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha For This Useful Post:
RAO RAMEEZ (Friday, November 14, 2014)
Old Friday, November 14, 2014

RAO RAMEEZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
Maybe I missed his predictions in The Reconstruction of religious thought in Islam which is the basis on which I called him relevant even today. I'm not talking about Iqbal as a poet.

Read this if you're interested to know more http://www.cssforum.com.pk/off-topic...modernity.html
Good post...What it is doing in off-topic lounge..It should be somewhere in the major sections...

However,in declaring himself as "Mutazila" one should take care...It's quite dangerous...

Ibn-e-Taimyyah was in favor of "Taqlid"...And not only Taqlid...Blind Taqlid...So....
And also much controversial...On one side he said this...On other he quotes "Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jillani" considered as "Top Most" in all "Suffi" clans...And who was actually himself a "Mujaddid" of his times...It's much debatable...

Monk will become famous soon enoughMonk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha View Post

I read that post couple of weeks ago. Even his prose is full of contradictions for instance in one chapter he supports amalgamation of Islam and democracy and in other he propagates secular political system.so I'm unsure how his contradictory philosophy is relevant today

Buddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura aboutBuddha has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
I read that post couple of weeks ago. Even his prose is full of contradictions for instance in one chapter he supports amalgamation of Islam and democracy and in other he propagates secular political system.so I'm unsure how his contradictory philosophy is relevant today
can't help you with your unsurety but he wasn't contradictory there. His point was secular politics and democracy is compatible with Islamic religion.
He that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow (Ecclesiastes 1:18)
Defence Award: Awarded to serving ISI, FIA Officers - Issue reason:

Sabir Basheer is a jewel in the roughSabir Basheer is a jewel in the roughSabir Basheer is a jewel in the rough

@ all
I wonder why people spend their lives in exploring various aspects of Iqbal if we laymen (concerning Iqbal) are capable enough of passing sweeping statements about him. Why are there departments of Iqbaliat in our educational institutions where lot of research is carried out? Rightly said that little learning is dangerous thing. Most of us are not well versed with what he said while holistic study of Iqbal is required to access "Iqbal". He himself once wrote:-

Muj ko bhi tamanna hay k Iqbal ko dekhun
Ki uss ki justajoo men bari jaan fashani

Regards!
FAIRUFF (Friday, November 14, 2014), hasnain zafar (Thursday, November 20, 2014), RAO RAMEEZ (Friday, November 14, 2014)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

I can understand Hassan Nisar frustration, as a nation we rely too much on some personalities for our ideals whose vision was very limited to their time, but we fail to understand the natural fact that the environment is continuously changing and human nature is continuously evolving according to that so if the source of ideals is not self awareness then we end up making Gods out of personalities and it's a dangerous thing . Indeed Hassan Nisar crossed the limits of positive criticism, but I think it suggests the level of frustration that has grown when there is unyielding insistence upon same old ideals even though they hold no ground in today's environment . Iqbaliat is kind of enforced upon everyone in Pakistan, it serves no purpose and perhaps Iqbal himself had not wanted it, or maybe he did I don't know, but today his poetry can only be a source of inspiration through which we can understand the thought of his time which has influenced where we stand today, but we will never be able to understand today's world and shape future if we insist upon seeing it with Iqbal's eyes alone .

P.s. I have never read Iqbal though . I hold no interest in poetry.