(Total Marks 100)
- Public Administration -Its nature and scope, the role of Public Administration in a modern Welfare State.
- Major Schools of thought in Administration, Scientific Management Movement Human Relationalists; Behavioural School; Systemic theory.
- Bureaucracy,- Concept of Bureaucracy, Theories of Bureaucracy, Ecology of Bureaucracy; Bureaucracy of Pakistan as a Change Agent.
- Administrative Leadership,- Approaches to the study of Leadership, Forms of Leadership, Leadership qualities.
- Administrative Accountability,- Internal and External Controls; Executive Control, Legislative Control, Judicial Control, Ombudsman, Public Opinion and Pressure Groups; Problems of Administrative, Accountability in Pakistan.
- Planning, -Types of Plans, Planning Process; Principles of Planning, Planning Machinery; the system of planning and programming in Pakistan, Planning Machinery in Pakistan.
- Organization, -Types of Organization. Theories of Organization, Principle of Organization, The Organization of Federal and Provincial Governments in Pakistan, Public Corporations in Pakistan.
- Personnel Administration,-Nature and scope of Personnel Administration; Personnel Functions. Tools of Personnel Management, Salient Features of the system of Public Personnel Management in Pakistan.
- Controlling and Co-ordination - Forms of Controls, Control Mechanism, the process of Control, Principles of Controlling: Principles of Coordination; Machinery for Coordination; Problems of Coordination in Public Administration in Pakistan.
- Communication, Types of Communication, Communication Channels, Communication Process, Principles of Communication.
- Financial Administration, - Elements of Financial Administration. Performance and programmed Budgeting. Capital Budget, Principles of Budgeting, Auditing and Accounting.