View Single Post
Old Wednesday, November 24, 2010

tx_ned has a spectacular aura abouttx_ned has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodite View Post
Contrary to my common practice of providing references in everything I say, this time I cant really do so.
That s why I asked

Quote:
This is primarily because I know these specific details from a senior producer at Geo news who is a good friend. This hardly counts as a credible 'reference' which anyone other than I can trust.
You are very right as such evidences hardly counts as credible. I am not offending to show mistrust on provided source as I am seconding your opinion in general context.

Quote:
Secondly, such secrets cannot be classified as secrets if they are out in the open. But grapevine has a very powerful impact that cannot be discarded.
Agreed

Quote:
However what I CAN point out to is that ministers and bureaucrats during the present AS WELL as past governments have repeatedly linked Geo tv to Indian sponsorship. Since Mittal isnt present in the country directly, shares are probably bought through their agents here which is difficult to detect in any case.
I do appreciate your kind vision and wise approach, you are very right to claim as you mentioned.

Quote:
As for the other allegation that its anchors are CIA assets- this was well pronounced by other Pakistani print outlets earlier in the 90's like Dawn, Nawa-e-Waqt, Pakistan Times etc.
I don't have sufficient inside knowledge but I know that Kamran khan was Washington Post's correspondent before joining Geo TV. I hope that working for Washinton Post is not same as of CIA. This thing confused me a lot so I asked for further explaination from your kind side.

I have already shared my views on behaviour of Pakistani media in some earlier posts on different threads. I wanna copy my wording and paste here again for critical analysis (with sincere apologies of making a new opinion which might be 100 % wrong):

Quote:
Respected Members,

Media got power in later hours so it will misuse it until:

1) it would be mature enough

2) it would be paid its share by POWER elites

Frustration has made our social attitudes so rude that one can easily allege us.

I think here is the same case put by Honourable member Mr. Abro.

For better discussion we should find out the reasons of the bug and solution. Isn't it?

Regards
Source: http://www.cssforum.com.pk/off-topic...ighlight=media

Quote:
Respected Raz,

I went through your post and tried to find out the phelosophical and logical resoning for this deficiency.

I concluded all of my thought-session as "Attitude matters a lot".

Attitude relates to the civilization, culture, religion and most importantly circumstances.

We belong to the rich land which ever been considered as Golden Sparrow; and also reason for consistant foreign occupancy.

This characteristic contributed a lot to develop our attitude which was obedience with excessive slavery.

This type of nature always behaves like a biased and complex manner with loads of hypocricy; If some extent of power is shared with such a group, it will react the same as you highlighted in your post for media.

Media belongs to us and we belong to the land; attitude forces us to misuse our power or authority without sense of responsibility.

You may also find the comlpicated things in our homeland like "Democratic Dictatorship" and "Militant Democracy".

We always lack in Purity which was the prime element to establish institues to run the state.

Media has recently emerged as a big power and they have also the same complicated problem.

They are misusing their authority with a least sense of responsibility until their destination would be achieved.

With loads of apologies, I know the bitter answer of their destination i.e. Media's share in state ...

This game of allegation will continue until they would be provided the assurance of their share by the current stakeholders.

You have truly described that Media is not projecting the true issues i.e. still "Roti, Kapra aur Makaan" and now a days "Jaan" the prime need.

They will be silent spectators when they get their share; it s a bitter approach which might have serious concerns by your learned side.

Taqdeer k Qazi ka yeh fatwa hay azal se
hay jurm-e-zaeefi ki saza marg-e-mufajaat

Regards
Source: http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/d...ng-terror.html

I will love to wait for your kind comments on above presented approach.

Kind Regards