Sunday, May 12, 2024
09:21 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, November 22, 2010

white leopard will become famous soon enoughwhite leopard will become famous soon enough
http://www.youtube.com/v/orsz2GJYeNo

That the reality

Last edited by Silent.Volcano; Friday, November 26, 2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old Tuesday, November 23, 2010
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough

While many acknowledge that Geo/Jang group is being used as a manipulative platform by some 'external' agencies, few know specifically that its 50% shares are owned by the INDIAN-OWNED GIANT MITTAL GROUP. As the shareholding suggests, they are in a position to dictate the content or at least the program execution according to their interests.

Geo's anchors like Kamran Khan and Hamid Mir are notoriously on an active CIA payroll- and this isnt a new development- they have worked for CIA agenda ever since they were penning down articles in print. That they are such big assets to the concerned parties is evident merely from their official remuneration. Hamid Mir, Kamran Khan and Shahid Masood are being compensated at an average figure of 30-35 laks/mth.

There were Mir Sadiq and Mir Jafar. And there is Mir Shakil-ur-Rehman.
The Following User Says Thank You to aphrodite For This Useful Post:
Miss khoso (Tuesday, November 30, 2010)

tx_ned has a spectacular aura abouttx_ned has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodite View Post
While many acknowledge that Geo/Jang group is being used as a manipulative platform by some 'external' agencies, few know specifically that its 50% shares are owned by the INDIAN-OWNED GIANT MITTAL GROUP. As the shareholding suggests, they are in a position to dictate the content or at least the program execution according to their interests.

Geo's anchors like Kamran Khan and Hamid Mir are notoriously on an active CIA payroll- and this isnt a new development- they have worked for CIA agenda ever since they were penning down articles in print. That they are such big assets to the concerned parties is evident merely from their official remuneration. Hamid Mir, Kamran Khan and Shahid Masood are being compensated at an average figure of 30-35 laks/mth.

There were Mir Sadiq and Mir Jafar. And there is Mir Shakil-ur-Rehman.
Good Morning !

I do respect your kind opinion but would appreciate if you could quote the reference please to prove your allegations.

My request is just for knowledge seeking, strictly professional - nothing personal

Regards

Czar
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,064 Times in 1,854 Posts
Arain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant future
Post Jeenay do Geo

The basic idea is to promote frustration, and despondence in a nation so they start to demoralize the nation.. And the future can be mapped as they want to project in the minds of 50 percent illiterate population.. ..that are born Muslim and can't read ..But can see....

Why geo showed bodies without head, only fingers parts, people dying after bomb blast? Does any other channel show these things????

In India thousands of Muslims were killed in Gujarat, Kashmir and in other areas !!!! any live coverage of these killings have any one seen on ZEE or star or Sony, etc any Indian channels????

Babri Masjid was destroyed by Hindus any live coverage???? Nuns in Tamil Nadu of India were burned alive in a church and for next 6 hours the church was burning did any Indian channel or CNN or BBC showed that??

There are 89 separatist movements in India ...from Bihar to Kashmir and Assam etc ...

Do you see on any Indian channel showing 250 million people sleeping on footpath?

Zee India never showed killing of Kashmiris and the attack on GOLDEN TEMPLE , killing of Sikhs in Indian soil.

How many Israeli channel shows killing by Israeli soldiers, When they kill Palestinians?

Have you ever seen Indian president or politicians been given abuse on TV channels during live coverage?

30,000 rape cases in USA do you see on TV?? but you see Mukhtaran Maee on GEO, CNN, BCC......

WHO is GEO???? Just think???? They telecast false news about emergency and stock market crashed in Pakistan ...

Do you know Kamran Khan was getting RS 25 lakh per month...

Do you know DR Shahid Masood, was a member of NSF student party (a political left wing student party against Pakistan and Islamic forces.... with RS 22 lakh per month and home in Dubai and Karachi . multiple visa ..

Same amount been paid to Hamid Meer editor Ausaf......Such huge amount just for free???????

When they were not able to broadcast the 8 hour cricket match they said they lost 1 billion rupee and just imagine without any money just for free... They were broadcasting judge activity for free, Nawaz Sharif for free and Zardari for free........ all 36 hour coverage just for free???????? ????????? By a private channel!!!!

50 percent Indian dramas on geo and 25 percent with mix cast (Indian and Pakistani) and Indian films (which are ban in Pakistani cinema are been broadcasted by geo)

Geo did not show any good news like Islamabad, Peshwar Motorway and other developmental projects going in country but instead they showed beheading of Pakistani people...
Are Good News not counted in 'Such' ?? Only and only bad news full of frustration are 'Such' ??

Why USA only emphasizing on re-opening GEO where Aaj and ARY also banned???? Why USA is interfering in our business..!!!!!

A COUNTRY WHERE 60 percent of population cannot read and never been to school, Media must not be free...... because they can just tamper with the minds of the people.. and shape the nations view the way they want.. Such people don't have the right to be called PAKISTANIS!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arain007 For This Useful Post:
baakhtawar (Saturday, January 01, 2011), MBA (Monday, November 29, 2010), Miss khoso (Tuesday, November 30, 2010)
40th CTP (CTG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 400

aphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the roughaphrodite is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_ned View Post

Good Morning !

I do respect your kind opinion but would appreciate if you could quote the reference please to prove your allegations.

My request is just for knowledge seeking, strictly professional - nothing personal

Regards

Contrary to my common practice of providing references in everything I say, this time I cant really do so. This is primarily because I know these specific details from a senior producer at Geo news who is a good friend. This hardly counts as a credible 'reference' which anyone other than I can trust.

Secondly, such secrets cannot be classified as secrets if they are out in the open. But grapevine has a very powerful impact that cannot be discarded. However what I CAN point out to is that ministers and bureaucrats during the present AS WELL as past governments have repeatedly linked Geo tv to Indian sponsorship. Since Mittal isnt present in the country directly, shares are probably bought through their agents here which is difficult to detect in any case.
As for the other allegation that its anchors are CIA assets- this was well pronounced by other Pakistani print outlets earlier in the 90's like Dawn, Nawa-e-Waqt, Pakistan Times etc.

zia bugvi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

WELL....AS XPCTED NOBODY ENDORSED GEO`S ROLE...........N RIGHTLY SO...!!!

i think v need to take up such issue more often..as it effects large masses....its our duty to create awareness regarding these elements pursuing foreign agenda among da masses..
Old Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Quote:
Contrary to my common practice of providing references in everything I say, this time I cant really do so.
That s why I asked

Quote:
This is primarily because I know these specific details from a senior producer at Geo news who is a good friend. This hardly counts as a credible 'reference' which anyone other than I can trust.
You are very right as such evidences hardly counts as credible. I am not offending to show mistrust on provided source as I am seconding your opinion in general context.

Quote:
Secondly, such secrets cannot be classified as secrets if they are out in the open. But grapevine has a very powerful impact that cannot be discarded.
Agreed

Quote:
However what I CAN point out to is that ministers and bureaucrats during the present AS WELL as past governments have repeatedly linked Geo tv to Indian sponsorship. Since Mittal isnt present in the country directly, shares are probably bought through their agents here which is difficult to detect in any case.
I do appreciate your kind vision and wise approach, you are very right to claim as you mentioned.

Quote:
As for the other allegation that its anchors are CIA assets- this was well pronounced by other Pakistani print outlets earlier in the 90's like Dawn, Nawa-e-Waqt, Pakistan Times etc.
I don't have sufficient inside knowledge but I know that Kamran khan was Washington Post's correspondent before joining Geo TV. I hope that working for Washinton Post is not same as of CIA. This thing confused me a lot so I asked for further explaination from your kind side.

I have already shared my views on behaviour of Pakistani media in some earlier posts on different threads. I wanna copy my wording and paste here again for critical analysis (with sincere apologies of making a new opinion which might be 100 % wrong):

Quote:
Respected Members,

Media got power in later hours so it will misuse it until:

1) it would be mature enough

2) it would be paid its share by POWER elites

Frustration has made our social attitudes so rude that one can easily allege us.

I think here is the same case put by Honourable member Mr. Abro.

For better discussion we should find out the reasons of the bug and solution. Isn't it?

Regards
Source: http://www.cssforum.com.pk/off-topic...ighlight=media

Quote:
Respected Raz,

I went through your post and tried to find out the phelosophical and logical resoning for this deficiency.

I concluded all of my thought-session as "Attitude matters a lot".

Attitude relates to the civilization, culture, religion and most importantly circumstances.

We belong to the rich land which ever been considered as Golden Sparrow; and also reason for consistant foreign occupancy.

This characteristic contributed a lot to develop our attitude which was obedience with excessive slavery.

This type of nature always behaves like a biased and complex manner with loads of hypocricy; If some extent of power is shared with such a group, it will react the same as you highlighted in your post for media.

Media belongs to us and we belong to the land; attitude forces us to misuse our power or authority without sense of responsibility.

You may also find the comlpicated things in our homeland like "Democratic Dictatorship" and "Militant Democracy".

We always lack in Purity which was the prime element to establish institues to run the state.

Media has recently emerged as a big power and they have also the same complicated problem.

They are misusing their authority with a least sense of responsibility until their destination would be achieved.

With loads of apologies, I know the bitter answer of their destination i.e. Media's share in state ...

This game of allegation will continue until they would be provided the assurance of their share by the current stakeholders.

You have truly described that Media is not projecting the true issues i.e. still "Roti, Kapra aur Makaan" and now a days "Jaan" the prime need.

They will be silent spectators when they get their share; it s a bitter approach which might have serious concerns by your learned side.

Taqdeer k Qazi ka yeh fatwa hay azal se
hay jurm-e-zaeefi ki saza marg-e-mufajaat

Regards
Source: http://www.cssforum.com.pk/general/d...ng-terror.html

I will love to wait for your kind comments on above presented approach.

Kind Regards

Old Wednesday, November 24, 2010
40th CTP (CTG)

As per ur Kamran Khan query regarding Washington Post, no intelligence recruit openly acknowledges their associations and they for the most part work undercover. He doesnt 'work, work' for CIA as an agent because for that, you have to be a US citizen in addition to undergoing stringent training. He is a 'recruit' however, that agencies may pick info from with or without his knowledge that he is somehow aiding the agency. In my opinion Kamran Khan is aware of this exploitation and is being well-compensated for it. I cant get myself to believe that a small-time journalist with a mediocre English ends up in Washington post- beats common sense.

Ill also talk a bit about the media agenda and its execution much to our blissful ignorance.

Its not about the media coming of age, I think. It would do so only if it were left independent and some covert motive not being pushed. Right now, most of our media programming is geared towards creating an aura of hopelessness and anxiety amongst the masses. Selectivity in news bits that show the darker picture much more frequently than the lighter one are portrayed so as to pull down people's hopes in this country. The day has already arrived where people are beginning to question the 'mere' existence of Pakistan if this is what they have to endure.

But my question is, ever heard a prominent Frenchman question the existence of France before/during/after the revolution? Ever read an American curse the establishment of USA during their bitter North-South civil war? Ever seen an Iranian denying the sanctity of Iran as a state after the Islamic revolution? Everywhere people question the 'system' and talk about rectifying institutions. Never the nation-state itself. In Pakistan, this is what the media has done to our already ignorant masses. And this is what US and India wants. They want a dead-spirited nation who doesnt give them resistance when they come here. Instead they want a nation who thinks of them as their saviors- something they really couldnt achieve in Iraq and Afghanistan. They know Pakistan is a tougher nut to crack relatively and so they have 'planned' this psychological and cultural invasion years earlier than a territorial one. We as a people need to stop this talk-show bombardment that is playing tricks with our minds. Some are content in the knowledge that Indian channels arent openly available in Pakistan anymore, yet dont realize the "indianization' of our programs be it dramas or reporting style.

For instance, what the hell is "aman ki asha" perpetrated by Geo? Why should we befriend a bitter foe that amputated our country just 39 yeara ago? Peace is virtuous. But so is national integrity. And peace will only prevail as long as national integrity is preserved first. Now doesnt this "Indians and Pakistanis should live in peace" ring similar bells? That of USA constantly badgering us that India isnt a threat to our security? So that we can live on in a delusion while collectively they can barge in. People like ZA Bhutto who are admired for their vision have always maintained that "we will fight with India for a 1000 years and eat grass if we have to".

Regards,
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aphrodite For This Useful Post:
Arain007 (Wednesday, November 24, 2010), MBA (Monday, November 29, 2010), Miss khoso (Tuesday, November 30, 2010), New Student (Thursday, November 25, 2010)
Old Thursday, November 25, 2010

Quote:
As per ur Kamran Khan query regarding Washington Post, no intelligence recruit openly acknowledges their associations and they for the most part work undercover. He doesnt 'work, work' for CIA as an agent because for that, you have to be a US citizen in addition to undergoing stringent training. He is a 'recruit' however, that agencies may pick info from with or without his knowledge that he is somehow aiding the agency. In my opinion Kamran Khan is aware of this exploitation and is being well-compensated for it. I cant get myself to believe that a small-time journalist with a mediocre English ends up in Washington post- beats common sense.
Doubt cuts the root of logic and if we have already prepared to make a judgement, we would certainly concieve the things in support of our opinion.

Im not here to defend Kamran khan or Geo but only to share my view which might be differing.

You have contributed a worthy post to the forum indeed but with some reservations I wanna precisely say:

Is Geo TV working against the interests of Pakistan?

To respond the topic we have to define State interest which could be National integrity, development and progress.

You responded the query on basis of hypothesis built on incredible evidences with the
"Yes, ofcourse !" answer.

You claimed:

Quote:
1) its 50% shares are owned by the INDIAN-OWNED GIANT MITTAL GROUP. As the shareholding suggests, they are in a position to dictate the content or at least the program execution according to their interests.

2) Geo's anchors like Kamran Khan and Hamid Mir are notoriously on an active CIA payroll- and this isnt a new development- they have worked for CIA agenda ever since they were penning down articles in print. That they are such big assets to the concerned parties is evident merely from their official remuneration. Hamid Mir, Kamran Khan and Shahid Masood are being compensated at an average figure of 30-35 laks/mth.
What I wanted to share that there could be several other possibilities for the same answer "Yes, ofcourse !"as:

1) Immaturity

2) Commercialism

3) Outdated infrastructure of Policymaking institute

4) Corruptophillic environment

5) Personal vested interests

6) Lack of vision

Quote:
Its not about the media coming of age, I think. It would do so only if it were left independent and some covert motive not being pushed. Right now, most of our media programming is geared towards creating an aura of hopelessness and anxiety amongst the masses. Selectivity in news bits that show the darker picture much more frequently than the lighter one are portrayed so as to pull down people's hopes in this country. The day has already arrived where people are beginning to question the 'mere' existence of Pakistan if this is what they have to endure.

I wanna ask some adjoining questions as we are considering Western Media as standard:

Are there laws made and enforced to implement in Pakistan by the Governement (like western nation) who is prime responsible to define National interest:

that keep check on media’s foreign relations and its political affiliations ?

that news conflicting with the national interests is not published ?

that scenes of violence and injuries are avoided to broadcast ?

If not, response would be obvious as we could observe.

Quote:
But my question is, ever heard a prominent Frenchman question the existence of France before/during/after the revolution? Ever read an American curse the establishment of USA during their bitter North-South civil war? Ever seen an Iranian denying the sanctity of Iran as a state after the Islamic revolution? Everywhere people question the 'system' and talk about rectifying institutions. Never the nation-state itself.

Answer is "No" overall (even you may find few examples) and reasons are:

1) Preventive measures taken by the Governments

2) Establishing the clear definition of national interest

3) Sound checks on media

4) Law enforcement

5) Mature societies

Quote:
In Pakistan, this is what the media has done to our already ignorant masses. And this is what US and India wants. They want a dead-spirited nation who doesnt give them resistance when they come here. Instead they want a nation who thinks of them as their saviors- something they really couldnt achieve in Iraq and Afghanistan. They know Pakistan is a tougher nut to crack relatively and so they have 'planned' this psychological and cultural invasion years earlier than a territorial one. We as a people need to stop this talk-show bombardment that is playing tricks with our minds. Some are content in the knowledge that Indian channels arent openly available in Pakistan anymore, yet dont realize the "indianization' of our programs be it dramas or reporting style.
"What do US and India want ?" is another issue which could be related to the media role, even then it would be an external reason.

It s our internal systematic bug which has primary reasons inside us requiring the remedy.

Quote:
For instance, what the hell is "aman ki asha" perpetrated by Geo?
I really dont know about this program so can't comment here.

Quote:
Why should we befriend a bitter foe that amputated our country just 39 yeara ago? Peace is virtuous. But so is national integrity. And peace will only prevail as long as national integrity is preserved first. Now doesnt this "Indians and Pakistanis should live in peace" ring similar bells? That of USA constantly badgering us that India isnt a threat to our security? So that we can live on in a delusion while collectively they can barge in. People like ZA Bhutto who are admired for their vision have always maintained that "we will fight with India for a 1000 years and eat grass if we have to".
You are very right, Thanks for reminding me the quote of a great hero but:

Do you think really this approach influenced our minds just because of media or Geo TV ?

Do you think that media decides the foreign policies of the country in Pakistan ?

Were they not our leaders who started to act upon this US doctrine years before in shape of Benazir bhutto (Shaheed), Nawaz Sharif and General Pervez Musharraf ?

Were these things not part of our society to welcome the foreigners to rule our land ?

Media is a part of this society who had ever been excessively deprived by ruling elites.

Setting standards up and discussing bugs of media are quite encouraging signs but fixing responsibility on media only in this blame-game is not fair, in my very personal opinion.

Regards

MBA (Monday, November 29, 2010)
Old Thursday, November 25, 2010

Once upon a time an emperor had a dream at night. He asked his ministers “what does this dream mean?” One his ministers said “My lord your whole family will die before your death”. The emperor got angry and sentenced his minister to death. Another minister said” My lord you will have a longer life than your relatives”. The emperor was very happy to hear this and rewarded that minister. By narrating this story I want to explain that by telling the same fact in a different way changes its impact and listener’s reaction also changes accordingly. This principle is applied by the international propaganda machinery of super powers and media is used to do the brain washing of the people – especially of the third world countries.

Today when we have hundreds of TV and radio channels, newspapers and magazine so in this bombardment of news common people can not get to the conclusion. It’s a dilemma of the third world that western media is considered to be the standard and trustworthy. And the local media is either dominated by the establishment or mostly such people are managing them that have no vision of national interest in the regional context. In this scenario if the local media launch campaign for their selfish interests it can make the situation worse for the government.

To get rid of such situations in the third world, it is essential that the young generation must be politically conscious, they must know the national interest and they must have the power of analysis of news. To understand the role of media and how to set apart facts and rumors, it is necessary that one must know how media works, how it is financed and what factors influence it. Some channels are sponsored by the government like PTV of Pakistan and BBC of UK. Mainly these organizations are given funds by collecting license fee from the public. But private media is mainly run by advertisements. The companies which give ads to these channels or newspapers, decide according to the rating of any particular channel. Higher rating means higher viewer ship or readership and eventually higher rates of advertisements.

As most of these private media groups are run on commercial basis so there are always chances of conflict between national interest and their vested interests. That’s why International intelligence agencies may give them incentives to mold the public opinion in a certain direction. These incentives are not given directly but in shape of ads of multinational companies.

As I have mentioned in the beginning that it is not necessary to publish or broadcast lies but even facts can be presented in such a way that the desired results are achieved. There are dozens of examples where media was used to destabilize the governments, rebellions were engineered and election results are changed. BBC played an active part against Sokarno government in Indonesia and to block the way for socialism. Propaganda against Jamal Abdul Nasir, separation of East Timor, division of Yugoslavia and the so-called American sponsored Afghan Jihad; all are the miracles of media.

To mold public opinion some times media highlights only some aspects of the news while some are kept hidden. And even those some aspects are presented out of the context. Half truth is even more dangerous than a lie. Sometimes the statements of certain political leader is given preference and published on main pages or broadcasted repeatedly. And the idea is injected in the people that particular leader is popular and most of the people support him. Previously we have experienced how a certain fundamentalist religious group was highlighted in this way.

Keeping in view all these aspects of media the western governments have taken preventive measures. For example there are laws that keep check on media’s foreign relations and its political affiliations. News that is conflicting with the national interests is not published. Scenes of violence and injuries are avoided to broadcast. But over here in Pakistan beheaded corpses are shown on the TV screens
. Seeing this foreign investors and businessmen will soon flee from Pakistan.

In this scenario we must also take notice of the role of immature media of Pakistan. It’s a fact that the government owned media is not impartial and people don’t trust it. There for there was always a need of free and impartial media in Pakistan. But when in Musharaf period media was given a free hand so at that time it was the responsibility of the government to make certain rules for it. Most of the channels are owned by the people who are purely capitalistic in nature and their sole purpose is making money. Now it is very easy for international agencies to pressurize them using ads of multinational companies. And their headquarters are out side the country so if government wants to apply some rules on them, they can run their channels from abroad.

Secondly our people are illiterate and those who are literate, are not politically aware of the consequences of uncontrolled media. As our political parties are not organized from with in and they don’t have strong roots in the people so public can be very easily misguided by the media. Besides this in Pakistan there is no journalistic culture and ideology and the journalisms departments of universities just teach journalistic techniques. There must be some subjects in the curriculum of journalism that can guide the students ideologically.

By telling these facts it is not my wish to oppose free journalism in Pakistan. But instead of unbound media we need strong, independent and politically conscious media that does not make suspense of the news. Our journalists must realize that what is our national interest and what are the negativities to stay apart from regional players. Government should make a code of conduct for the media that can bind the media to have headquarters inside the country and there should be check on their external funding. The media should promote those leaders which can present the humanitarian aspect of the religion. Media must disclose those names that have exploited the youth of Pakistan and Afghanistan in Jihad era. Because for decades we journalists have exploited our people for popular journalism and fame.