being student of business administration and reviewing the papers of css i think following books will be helpful.
principles of management by stephen
principles of marketing by philips kottler
Introduction to financial management by ikbal mathur.
1) Economics by Paul Samulsons
2) Modern Economics by McConnel Brue
3) Modern Microconomics by Koutsyani
4) Macroeconomics by Stanly Fisher
Except above books thoroughly study of "Economic Survey of Pakistan"(latest edition)
makes you master to clear CSS Economics Paper easily.
One has to remember that every failure can be a stepping stone towards something better.
|The Following User Says Thank You to inayatali For This Useful Post:|
Binte Asghar (Saturday, July 13, 2013)
1- Current Essays (AP Aamer Publications) Rs:200
2- Latest English Essays (AP Aamer Publications)Rs:165
1- Precis Writing (Abdul Basit Jasra, Naimatullah Khan Joyia) RS 60/-
2- A Practical English Grammar (A. J. Thomson, A. V. Martinet) RS 600/-
3- Practical English Usage (Michael Swan) RS 1600/-
4- English Grammar & Composition (Nawaz Khalid, Mohammad Baqir Hussain) RS 250/-
5- English Grammar & Composition (Shabbir Hussain Chaudhry) RS 350/-
6- Dictionary of Synonyms & Antonyms (Prof. Tariq Ali Khan) RS 80/-
7- Oxford Idioms RS 800/900/
1- International Affairs (Dr. Safdar Mahmood) RS 500/-
2- Strategic Studies //Quarterly// RS 50/-
3- Current Affairs including solved CSS Papers(AP Aamer Publications) Rs 350
4- Daily DAWN RS 13/-
1- EXAM CRAM Pakistan Affairs (Adeel Niaz) RS 300/-
2- Pakistan Affairs (M. Ikram Rabbani) RS 375/-
3- Pakistan's Foreign Policy: A Reappraisal (Shahid M. Amin) RS 495/-
4- Pakistan's Foreign Policy 1947-2005 (Abdul Sattar) RS 595/-
5- Pakistan Political Roots & Development 1947-1999 (Safdar Mahmood) RS 395/-
6- The Military & Politics in Pakistan (Hasan Askari Rizvi) RS 350/-
7- The Idea of Pakistan (Stephen Philip Cohen) RS 600/-
1- Encyclopedic Manual of Everyday Science (Dr. Rab Nawaz Samo) RS 350/-
1- Islamiat (Zahid Hussain Anjum) RS 135/-
2- Islamiat Advance bray CSS (Muhammad Imtiaz Shahid, Attiya Bano) RS 300/-
3- Islam Ka Nizam-e Hayat (Dr. Liaqat Ali Khan Niazi) RS 350/-
1- EXAM CRAM Public Administration (Asif J. Mir) RS 225/-
2- Public Administration (S. M. Shahid) RS 180/-
3- Pricples of Public Administration (Dr. Muhammad Hassan Sheikh) RS 375/-
Books for Compulsory Subjects
English: Exploring the world of English by Syed Sadaat Ali along with any good BA Grammar.
EDS: EDS by Dr. Akram Kashmiri. One may start from O levels science/General Science book of 8th class and then switch to Kashmiri's book.
Pak Affairs by Ikram Rabbani.
Islamiat: Islami Nazria e Hayat by Dr. Khurshid Ahmad or Islamiat for CSS by Carvan Publishers.
Current Affairs: Newspaper with Internet for background of major international/national issues.
Read Dawn newspaper daily. It will not only help in preparation of Current Affairs and Essay but also improving vocabulary, expression and knowledge about other subjects.
Frequently visit CSS Forum for notes/guidance on any subject.
Best end of life is not knowledge but action.
Don't limit yourself to what you think people are expecting!
|The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to usman khalid For This Useful Post:|
Ali Sulehri (Wednesday, September 25, 2013), Azch (Sunday, July 31, 2011), Davidd (Wednesday, May 20, 2015), hafiz mubashar (Monday, September 30, 2013), KHEZAR SALMAN (Monday, December 02, 2013), makwarrior (Sunday, August 28, 2011), Muzzamil (Friday, August 03, 2012), parhakubacha (Sunday, August 07, 2011), SAMEYA AROOJ (Friday, March 29, 2013), Shahzadashraf (Tuesday, October 22, 2013), Zaheer Qadri (Wednesday, October 01, 2014), zt4096 (Wednesday, July 18, 2012)
For Constitutional law :
a. World Constitutions by Kaeley
b. How States Are Governed
c. Studies In The Constitution Of Pakistan by Dr. safdar mahmood
For ACCOUNTING AND AUDITING:
1) Gani & EJAZ's Principles of accounting and Advanced Accounting (Final accounts, Partnership, Bank reconciliation, Non-profit organizations and capital and revenue)
2) Meigs and Meigs' Accounting-basis for business decision (Chapter 1 to 5)
1) Matz & usury's Cost accounting (chapter 1 to 6) and standard costing, budgeting, by-product costing and marginal costing
2) HILTON's managerial accounting (Additional practice and theory for objective type preparation) standard costing, marginal costing, process costing, budgeting, LIFO and FIFO.
1) Khawaja Amjad Saeed's AUDITING.
For Islamic history :
a. History of Islam By Mazhurl Haq
b. History of Saracens by Syed Ameer Ali
c. History of the arabs by Phillip.K.Hitti
d. Study of islamic History by K.Ali
1. Essay Newspaper reading and daily practice
2. Precis and Composition Exploring the World of English+Wren and Martin High School Grammar and Composition
3. EDS Akram Kashmiri with the previous papers 1971 onwards
4. Current Affairs The Military and Politics in Pakistan by Hasan Askari Rizvi, Jehangir World Times in concert with a quality newspaper, maintain a separate register for noting down important issues related to Muslim world and Pakistan.
5. Pakistan Affairs Pakistan the Formative Phase by KB Saeed and The Struggle for Pakistan by IH Qureshi, these would be enough because PA is all about Pre-partition period. you may also prepare some repeated topics from Rizvi's book especially the issues and problems that erupted after the partition.
6. Islamiat Rasheed Ahmed Shibli would be enough.
Dear Asifalisharbaloch bro!
Not Saadat Husain but Saadat Ali Shah's book. Dear, As you know that in our bookstores, you would find mostly the pirated or fake copies of books but the point is that you need material not an authenticated copy of that very book so be content with a copy of that book if that is fake or whatever just go after the content. If that is fake that would be the photocopy of his book with the same content. You better Aam kao Pairh na gino.
"Far more important than a good remuneration is the pride of serving one's neighbor"-Che Guevara.
Last edited by Gotam; Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: merged
Brother follow below link for syllabus, it may remains the same in 2015 or if it changes, you'll come to know but you should start study now by having a clear idea of proposed questions as told by FPSC:
Good luck and remember me in your prayers
Nasru minal'lahi wa fat'hun qareeb
Summary of this thread
1. Everyday Science Advance by Imtiaz Shahid (Suggested by Argus, Muhammad Akmal) 2
2. EDS Dr. Akram Kashmiri (Suggested by Usman Khalid, Adil Kheshgi) 2
3. Dogars Unique Everyday Science MCQs (Suggested by Argus) 1
4. Encyclopedia of Every Day Science by Dr. Zafar Saeed Chouhadry (Suggested by Amoeba) 1
5. EDS by Caravan Publishers (Suggested by I M Possible) 1
6. EDS by Rab Nawaz Samo (Suggested by Shakeel Ghori) 1
1. Pakistan Affairs of Ikram Rabani (Suggested by Muhammad T S Awan, Usman Khalid, Muhammad Akmal, I M Possible, ) 4
2. Struggle for Pakistan by I H Qereshi (Suggested by Argus, Muhammad Akmal, Adil Kheshgi) 3
3. Pakistan Affairs by Imtiaz Shahids (Suggested by Argus, Amoeba) 2
4. British raj in India by SM Burke (Suggested by Argus) 1
5. Pakistan Affiars by Muhammad Sohail Bhatti. (Suggested by Muhammad Akmal) 1
6. Making of Pakistan by KK Aziz (Suggested by Muhammad Akmal) 1
7. Trek to Pakistan by Ahmad Saeed (Suggested by Decent Baloch) 1
8. Pakistan the Formative Phase by KB Saeed (Suggested by Adil Kheshgi) 1
9. Constitutional & Political History of Pakistan by Hamid Khan (Suggested by maliasghar) 1
1. Islam at a galnce by Islahi (Suggested by Argus) 1
2. Towards Islamiyat by Doggar Sons (Suggested by Argus) 1
3. Islamic ideology by SM Shahid (Suggested by Argus) 1
4. Islami Nazria Hayat by Khurshid Ahmad (Suggested by Amoeba, Usman Khalid) 2
5. Islamiat Rasheed Ahmed Shibli (Suggested by Adil Kheshgi) 1
6. Islamiat for CSS by Carvan Publishers (Suggested by Usman Khalid) 1
7. Islamiat (in urdu) by Zahid Hussain Anjum
8. Islamiat (in urdu) Advance bray CSS by Muhammad Imtiaz Shahid, Attiya Bano
9. Introduction to Islamic Ideology by Anwar Hashmi
10. Islamiyat for PCS/CSS by Laqa-ul-Mohsin (Suggested by I M Possible) 1
11. "A Document on Islam: Ideological, Historical & Contemporary Perspective" by Caravan Book House. (Suggested by maliasghar) 1
Last edited by Arain007; Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 11:35 AM. Reason: corrected on author's request
Philosophy Books by Hassan Afzal PSP
For audit and accounting , links is given below . One of them is of suggestions by FSP officer .
Audit and accounting -Sarfraz Shami FSP
If You Donít Stand for Something, Youíll Fall for Anything - MALCOM X
|The Following User Says Thank You to Muhammad Ali Chaudhry For This Useful Post:|
Urooj Nisar (Monday, June 02, 2014)
Recommended Books by CSP for compulosries
Today i met with a CSP of 42nd Common. He recommended following books.
Read Daily Dawn. Practice of Essay writing and Check to Any Good English Teacher.
High School Grammer by Wren & Martin
Monthly magazine Namely Current Affairs,
(i) The struggle for Pakistan by I.H Qureshi
(ii) Formative phase of Pakistan by Khalid Bin Sayyed
Subjective & Objective Books of Imtiaz Shahid
Islami Nazriya i hayath by Professor Khursheed Ahmad
* Consult Oxford dictionary for English word.
* Improve your Vocabulary
* Reduce your weight.
* No need to join any academy, Study at your own but keep in-touch with some CSS Aspirants.
* In start give 4 hours daily to study & Increase this time day by day.
* First prepare compulsories then go on optionals.
* Try to Help peoples.
* Offer prayer five times.
* Try to Clear CSS in single attempt because its very boring to study same books many time. (as He Allocated in his 3rd Attempt).
God Helps those who help themselves
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|books according to the new syllabus||anabiya mughal||History of Pakistan & India||16||Friday, August 21, 2015 03:37 AM|
|Books for new syllabus||AHKK||Pure Mathematics||1||Friday, July 24, 2015 08:42 PM|
|Recommended books a/c to the new syllabus||Mehwish Ismat||CSS Competitive Examination||1||Thursday, June 11, 2015 12:57 PM|
|Books by new syllabus||AHKK||Accounting & Auditing||1||Tuesday, April 21, 2015 02:45 PM|
|best books for App.maths covering the whole syllabus||noman qasim||Applied Mathematics||5||Tuesday, December 17, 2013 02:43 PM|