Thursday, February 23, 2017
09:57 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > CSS Compulsory Subjects > Current Affairs > Current Affairs Notes

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old Saturday, July 09, 2016
N is best's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 1,138
Thanks: 409
Thanked 677 Times in 458 Posts
N is best will become famous soon enough
Default Difference between local govt 2001 and present 2015-16 local govt setups



Can someone shed light on the major differences between local government 2001 and the present setup of local govt. ? thanking in anticipation.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Saturday, July 09, 2016
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Daharki Sindh
Posts: 54
Thanks: 3
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Nisar Shah Bukhari is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N is best View Post

Can someone shed light on the major differences between local government 2001 and the present setup of local govt. ? thanking in anticipation.
Local Government 2001 was a political tool to give some sort of legitimacy to dictatorship of Musharaf just like BD system of Ayub era. Furthermore, LG 2001 gave more powers to local government representatives as they were going to be used in stealing public mandate in elections.
Present setup of local government vary from province to province because as per 18th amendment every province is entitled to make its own legislation for working of local government. Sindh local government act 2013 is glaring example in this regard. However, under current system, local representatives lacks autonomy.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nisar Shah Bukhari For This Useful Post:
N is best (Saturday, July 09, 2016)
  #3  
Old Saturday, July 09, 2016
N is best's Avatar
Senior Member
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Islamabad
Posts: 1,138
Thanks: 409
Thanked 677 Times in 458 Posts
N is best will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisar Shah Bukhari View Post
Local Government 2001 was a political tool to give some sort of legitimacy to dictatorship of Musharaf just like BD system of Ayub era. Furthermore, LG 2001 gave more powers to local government representatives as they were going to be used in stealing public mandate in elections.
Present setup of local government vary from province to province because as per 18th amendment every province is entitled to make its own legislation for working of local government. Sindh local government act 2013 is glaring example in this regard. However, under current system, local representatives lacks autonomy.
wonderful . can you please shed some light on its structure? previously there were district, tehsil and union govts, headed by zila nazim and so on. what is the structure of present local bodies system?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Sunday, July 10, 2016
Greenboat's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 538
Thanks: 459
Thanked 133 Times in 106 Posts
Greenboat is on a distinguished road
Default

Good question!

What is difference between ziz and musharaf era' Local govt system, also why does it implicated in prevailing democracy? If we want share powers to small UC's, then why common election is necessary? Detailed reply will be obliged.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Sunday, July 10, 2016
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Daharki Sindh
Posts: 54
Thanks: 3
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Nisar Shah Bukhari is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N is best View Post
wonderful . can you please shed some light on its structure? previously there were district, tehsil and union govts, headed by zila nazim and so on. what is the structure of present local bodies system?
With respect to structure there is not so much difference whereas difference occurs in power and autonomy. In Musharaf Dictatorship Zila Nazim was most powerful post, even DCO's ACR was sactioned by zila nazim. Musharaf brought bureaucracy under control of his selected politicians as 90% of Zila nazims were his cronies.
However, structure of local government under present system is described as follows:
(a) in urban area -
(i) a Union Committee for each ward in the Corporation;
(ii) a Town Committee for each Town comprising of Union
Committees
(iii) a Municipal Committee for each Municipality comprising
of Union Committees as prescribed by the Government;
9
(iv) a Municipal Corporation for each City comprising of
Union Committees as prescribed by the Government;
(v) a District Municipal Corporation for each district of the
Metropolitan city; and
(vi) a Metropolitan Corporation for each Metropolitan city;
(b) in rural area -
(i) a Union Council for each Union; and
(ii) a District Council for each District;
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nisar Shah Bukhari For This Useful Post:
Greenboat (Monday, July 11, 2016)
  #6  
Old Sunday, July 10, 2016
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Daharki Sindh
Posts: 54
Thanks: 3
Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
Nisar Shah Bukhari is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenboat View Post
Good question!

What is difference between ziz and musharaf era' Local govt system, also why does it implicated in prevailing democracy? If we want share powers to small UC's, then why common election is necessary? Detailed reply will be obliged.
Dear every dictator do something to give some sort of legitimacy to his rule as dictator is always suffering from legitimacy crisis. Ayub's BD system, Zia Islamization and Mushrafs local government act are chains of same process..
This was also done to control political class that was considered threat to their dictatorships. So these Acts were political tools to strengthen their rule and oppress their opponents...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nisar Shah Bukhari For This Useful Post:
Greenboat (Monday, July 11, 2016)
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lll. Feminist Theories and Practice naheed Akhtar Gender Studies 7 Wednesday, October 12, 2016 08:47 PM
Ca. Mcq,s Prophyro Current Affairs 0 Monday, December 14, 2015 10:20 PM
Local Government azmatullah News & Articles 0 Sunday, November 22, 2015 10:19 AM
current affairs notes Aqazaansari Current Affairs 3 Wednesday, September 09, 2015 11:55 AM
Bi standards of West, freedom of speech Syed Ali Haider Current Affairs 3 Friday, April 07, 2006 02:02 PM


CSS Forum on Facebook Follow CSS Forum on Twitter

Disclaimer: All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of CSSForum.com.pk (unless CSSForum.com.pk is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this web site does not mean that CSSForum has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message in site feedback. This forum is not monitored 24/7.

Sponsors: ArgusVision   vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.