Hi Can anyone please recheck answer of question 7 ?
(19) Economics resources of a business that are expected to be of benefit in the future are referred to as:
(b) Owner’s equity
(e) None of these
Xara Hussain to me they are Assets the answer is D. what u say?
MCQ's Accounting & Auditing Paper -I (2013)
Accounting & Auditing Paper -I (2013)
PART-I ((MCQs) (COMPULSORY)Q.1. (i) Select the best option/answer and fill in the appropriate Circle on the OMR Answer Sheet. (20x1=20)
(ii) Answers given anywhere, other than OMR Answer Sheet, shall not be considered.
1. Double Entry Book Keeping was fathered by:
(a) Luca Paioli (b) Yoyji Ijiri (c) Micheal Hammer (d) Ishikawa
It was first codified in the 15th century by the Franciscan friar Luca Pacioli.
2. Accumulated loss of a company is shown in the balance sheet as:
(a) Liability (b) As an asset (c) As foot note to balance sheet (d) None of these
Profit is recognized on Credit side while Losses on Debit side.
3. Under the Companies Ordinance 1984, disclosure of financial information is legally required for listed companies
(a) Schedule 6 (b) Schedule 5 (c) Schedule 4 (d) Schedule 8
4. A company is considered sick under the Companies Ordinance 1984 where current ratio is:
(a) Below 0.5 : 1 (b) Below 3 : 1 (c) Above 2.5 : 1 (d) None of these
Section 295 (d)(iii) CO1984
(iii) current ratio has deteriorated beyond 0.5 :1
5. Banks are required to prepare their financial statements as per following legislation:
(a) Free to prepare with no legislative requirements (b) Under Companies Ordinance 1984
(c) Banking Ordinance 1962 (d) State Bank Laws
In terms of Section 34 of the Banking Companies Ordinance, 1962 the banks are required to prepare their annual accounts in the forms set out in the Second Schedule to the said Ordinance.
6. Preparation of financial statement of listed insurance companies in Pakistan is governed by:
(a) Insurance Act 1938 (b) Insurance Ordinance 2000 (c) Companies Act 1913 (d) Companies Ordinance 1984
BASIS OF PRESENTATION The financial statements have been prepared in accordance with the requirements of accounting regulations laid down by the SECP (Insurance Rules, 2002) of the Insurance Ordinance, 2000.
Insurance Ordinance, 2000 (Primarily), CO1984 (secondary).
7. Trading loss occurs when:
(a) Revenues exceed the matching relevant costs. (b) Revenue and matching costs are equal to each other.
(c) When relevant matching cost exceeds revenues (d) None of these
Simple, when cost (e.g. Rs. 100) is greater than Revenue (e.g. Rs. 80), then loss (of Rs. 20) will occur.
Furthermore, See matching concept also.
Generally, while making financial statements only those costs are undertaken which MATCHES to the accounting period in which the Matched Revenue was generated.
8. Accounting requirements governing NGOs are prescribed in:
(a) Partnership Act 1932 (b) Cooperative societies legislation (c) Companies Ordinance 1984 (d) None of these
There are between 10 to 18 different laws in Pakistan that may govern an NGO.
THE CO-OPERATIVE SOCIETIES ACT, 1925
71. Rules.– (2) (h)
prescribe the accounts and the books to be kept by a society and provide for the audit of such accounts,.......
CO1984 does not apply as per sec 4(i) of CO1984
PA 1932 Sec 4 defines partnership, while NGO's are not businesses for sharing profit/losses.
9. Work sheet is equivalent to:
(a) Balance sheet (b) Income statement (c) Trial Balance (d) None of these
Basically, Work Sheet is the SUM of Balance sheet,Income statement andTrial Balance. BUT nature of worksheet is of Trial Balance.
The trial balance is an accounting listing that shows the beginning and ending balances for all accounts included in the set of books. This worksheet format makes it possible to evaluate whether or not the total debits for the period cited are in balance with the total number of credits generated for the same period. When a true trial balance exists, the total credits and total debits will be equal.
10. Work sheet does include:
(a) Fund flows statement (b) Cash gensation statement (c) Cash flow statement (d) None of these
Work Sheet is the SUM of Balance sheet,Income statement andTrial Balance formats.
11. Deffered tax is shown in the balance sheet as:
(a) Liability (b) Asset (c) An expenditure in income statement (d) None of these
No Doubt, its controversial. ****Deferred**** not "Deffered"
Can be asset or liability.
Para 58 IAS 12
Current and deferred tax shall be recognised as income or an expense and included in profit or loss for the period.....
Whatever the amount of Deferred tax is shown in the balance sheet, it is shown as in the Expenditure section of Income statement under the head Taxation, along with the current tax.
12. The following represent tangible assets and are shown in the balance sheet as:
(a) People (b) Expenses (c) Revenue (d) Goodwill
It should be INtangible.
option a,b,c are irrelevant as they cannot be shown on Balance Sheet.
13. Under the Rule of thumb a good current ratio is:
(a) 6 : 1 (b) 10 : 1 (c) .05 : 1 (d) 2 : 1
Current Ratio: The current ratio gauges how capable a business is in paying current liabilities by using current assets only. Current ratio is also called the working capital ratio. A general rule of thumb for the current ratio is 2 to 1 (or 2:1 or 2/1).
14. Financial analysis is a legislative requirement under:
(a) Companies Ordinance 1984 (b) Partnership Act 1932 (c) Voluntary act (d) None of these
CO84 & PA32 does not contain the word "analysis".
No Voluntary Act exists in Pakistan.
Generally financial statements in Pakistan does not contain any sort of analysis.
15. Pakistan follows the following budgeting system at Federal level:
(a) Zero-Based Budgeting (b) Program Budgeting
(c) Responsibility Budgeting (d) Incremental / decremental budgeting
The recurrent budget estimates are prepared on incremental basis.
16. Preparation of budget by a company is compulsory under:
(a) No Law (b) Several laws (c) Securities & Exchange Ordinance 1969 (d) Companies Ordinance 1984
CO84 & SEO69 does not require any budget preparation.
17. Depreciation must be accounted for:
(a) Revenues (b) Fixed Assets (c) Share Capital (d) None of these
Revenue and Share capital are not tangible items for which depreciation is calculated.
18. Accelerated depreciation is allowed under:
(a) Income Tax Ordinance 2001 (b) Voluntary principals (c) Prudential Regulations (d) None of these
Section [23B. Accelerated depreciation to alternate energy projects.
19. Partnerships are legally required to prepare their financial statements for distribution on wide basis under:
(a) Partnerships Act 1932 (b) Securities & Exchange Rules 2000
(c) Voluntary Act for Compliance (d) None of these
Partnerships are not legally required for FS especially to be distributed on wide basis.
20. A company is considered sick if the market value compared to its par value is:
(a) 1 : 1 (b) 2 : 1 (c) 0.25 : 1 (d) None of these
Section 295 (d)(i) CO1984
the market value of its shares as quoted on the stock exchange or the net worth of its share has fallen by more than seventy-five per cent of its par value
if 75% fall in par then value will remain 25% i.e. 0.25 to 1
Lets Solve MCQ'S paper Accounting and Auditing 1999
(1) Accounting principles are generally based on
(a) Practicability (b) Subjectivity (c) Convenience in recording
(2) Real accounts are related to
(a) Assets (b) Expense and incomes (c) Customers and creditor etc
(3) Rent paid to the land lord should be credited to
(a) Landlord Account (b) Rent account (c) Cash Account
4) In the event of dissolution of a partnership firm the provision for doubtful debts is transferred to
(a) Realization Account (b) Partner capital accounts (c) sundry debtors Accounts
(5) A prospectus for share can be issued only by
(a) A public company (b) A private company (c) None of these.
(6) Preliminary expense is
(a) Current asset (b) Current Liability (c) Fictitious asset
(7) The valuation of closing stock is at
(a) Cost price (b) Market price
(c) Cost or Market price whichever is lower
(8) The master budget includes
(a) as income statement (b) a balance sheet (c) a cash budget (d) all of these
(9) Cost volume profit analysis is the method used to estimate the impact on profit is of changes in
(a) Unit variable cost (b) unit sales price (c) Sale volume (d) All of these
(10) In a manufacturing company product cost include
(a) Material cost only (b) Material and labour (c) Labour cost only (d) material labour and overhead cost
(11) A liability in the amount of Rs 500 is paid in cash which of the fallowing is true
(a) Asset is increased and liability is decreased (b) Asset is increased and liability is increased
(b) Asset is decreased and liability is decreased (b) Liability is decreased and owner’s equity is increased
(12) Which one of the following account would usually have credit balance?
(a) Cash (b) Account payable (c) Equipment (d) Salaries expense
(13) A company collected one year’s rent in advance on October 1st ,1997 the entries Rs 1200 was credited to unearned revenue account the adjusting entry at the December 31,1997 year ended would include
(a) A debit to unearned revenue for Rs 300 (b) A debit to unearned revenue for Rs 900 (c) A credit to unearned revenue for Rs 300 (d) A debit to rent earned for Rs 900
(14) Net income plus operating expense is equal to
(a) Net sale (b) Cost of good available for sales (c) Cost of good sold (d) Gross profit
(15) When purchase merchandise is returned under a perpetual inventory system a credit would be made to
(a) Inventory (b) Freight in (c) Purchases (d) Purchase return
(16) Which of the fallowing accounts would not be included in the computation of the cost of goods sold
(a) Purchase returns (b) Freight in (c) Purchase discount lost (d) Purchase discounts
(17) Total manufacturing cost for a period includes all of the fallowing except
(a) Raw material used (b) Direct labour cost
(c) Cost of good completed (d) Factory overhead cost
(18) Quick Asset includes which of the fallowing
(a) Cash (b) Account receivable (c) Marketable securities (d) All of these (e) a &b
(19) When a small stock dividend is declared which of the fallowing accounts is credited
(a) Common stock (b) Dividend payable (c) Common stock dividend distributable (d)Retained Earnings
(20) An advantages of the partnership from of business organization is its
(a) Unlimited liability (b) Mutual agency (c) Ease of the formation (d) Limited life
CSS 1999 PAER 2nd
(1) The table “ A “of the Companies Ordinance 1984
(a) Balance sheet format (b) Profit & Loss format (c) Model “ Articles of Association” (d) Model “Memorandum of Association”
(2) The statement of assets liabilities and owner’s capital is called the
(a) Financial statement (b) Profit & loss A/c (c) Balance sheet (d) statement of owners capital
(3) When business activity increases the fixed cost per unit
(a) Decreased (b) Remain the same (c) Increases (d) None of these
4) Standard cost are not used to
(a) Measuring the performance (b) Prepare Budgets (c) Aid in planning (d) Avoid tracking actual costs
(5) Return on investment could be improved by
(a) Increasing assets turnover (b) Decreasing return on sales (c) Decreasing contribution margin (d) Increasing control expense
(6) The formula a future value of dollar is
(a) P (1 + r )n (b) P (1 - r )n (c) P (1 + n)r (d) P (r -1 )n
(7) The analysis of financial statement helps identify a company’s strengths and weaknesses it indicate if company
(a) is managing its inventory efficiently (b) Has sufficient plant assets
(c) is collecting accounts receivable quickly (d) All of the above
(8) Company’s earning power ratios are of a great interest to
(a) Preferred shareholders (b) Long terms lenders (c) Common share holders (d) all of these
(9) Depreciation Expense is
(a) a cash inflow (b) a cash outflow (c) Ignored when proper cash flow statements (d) Added to the accumulated depreciation account
(10) An increase in income tax payable mean that the company
(a) Paid less than the income tax expense repotted (b) Paid more than the income tax expense reported (c) Paid the same as the income tax expense reported (d) Is not paying any income taxes
(11) A Cash sale of merchandise should be recorded in the
(a) Sales journal (b) General Journal (c) Cash receipt journal (b) Cash payment journal
(12) Which of the fallowing should not be considered cash by an accountant?
(a) Money Order (b) Bank saving account balance (c) Postage stamps (d) Travelers’ cheques
(13) The inventory method that assigns the most recent costs to the cost of goods sold is
(a) FIFO (b) LIFO (c) Weight average (d) Specific Identification
(14) In finance Working capital means the same things as
(a) Total assets (b) Fixed assets (c) Current assets (d) Current assets minus current liabilities
(15) The more basic requirement for a firm’s marketable securities
(a) Safety (b) yield (c) Marketability
(16) Partnership forms of organization
(a) Avoids the double taxation of earnings and dividends found in the corporate form of a organization (b) Usually provides limited liability to the partners (c) Has unlimited life
(17) A corporate buy back or the repurchasing of share is
(a) An example of balance sheet restructuring (b) An excellent source of profit when the firm stock is overpriced
(c) A method of reducing the debt to equity ratio (d) All of the above
(18) A statement of cash flows can be prepaid using a ful T account analysis This approch
(a) User a detail T accounts for each balance sheet account (b) Dividend the cash T account into cash inflow and cash outflows (c) Classifies item into operating, investing ,financing (d) All the above are true
(19) If the beginning inventory of the finished good is 3000 units, planned sales are 25000 units and planned productions is 27000 units the inventory of finished goods on the budgeted balance sheet would be
(a) 3000 (b) 1000 (c) 5000 (d) None of these
(20) If working capital increased during the period
(a) Current assets must be increased (b) Current liabilities must be decreased (c) Source of working capital must have been greater than uses of working capital (d) User of working capital must have been greater than sources of working capital
paper 1 Answer
Q2 (A) ,3(C) 6(C) 7(C) 8(D) 10 (D) 11(C) 12 (B) 13(A) 14 (D) 15(A) 16(C) 17(C) 18(D) 19(C) 20 (A) If any mistake in my answer tell me we discuss Kindly answer these
Un answered Question 1,4,5,9
Every thing is possible with Hard work-but Luck is still factor over there
Every thing is possible with Hard work-but Luck is still factor over there
in my opinion
(4) At break-even point of 400 units sold the variable costs were Rs. 400 and the fixed costs were Rs.200. What will be the 401 units sold contributing to profit before income tax?
(a) Rs. 0.00
(b) Rs. 0.50
(c) Rs. 1.00
(d) Rs. 1.50
(e) None of these
the ans should be (c) re. 1
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Past papers' MCQs (2000-2013)||Farrah Zafar||Sociology||40||Tuesday, December 06, 2016 11:07 PM|
|Solved MCQs of International Law Past Papers (1985-2013)||Maroof Hussain Chishty||International Law||34||Tuesday, October 25, 2016 09:38 AM|
|tell me a best book of compulsory past papers as solved past papers ((PCS/psc)||Noor_2009||AJKPSC||4||Saturday, January 19, 2013 02:31 PM|