Monday, April 29, 2024
05:17 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sunday, July 29, 2007
Member of the Month June 2007/ July 2007

STRAIN2 will become famous soon enoughSTRAIN2 will become famous soon enough
Question Highly Paid professions "Vs" CSS

AOA dear forum members

One question:

Why some reasonably highly paid professionals like (ex. engineers, doctors, IT professionals) go for CSS?
amnakhan (Friday, May 30, 2014)
Old Sunday, July 29, 2007
35th Common

zorromehr is on a distinguished road

hiiii ..u must judge a profession according to the following criteria
salary , repute , power , personal liking, PRs etc ....in the end tis in ur hands to become a corporate junkie or join the top echelons of ur motherland's bureaurcracy having a direct/indirect say in the various policies affecting each and every segment of society
Old Monday, July 30, 2007
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 186th

555 will become famous soon enough

yes, dignity and job security is also very important.These professionals have to work under the guideline prepaed by the CSPs.So, why not these professionals at that place of policy making instead of execution?
Banned

M.Zaman is on a distinguished road
Default Tragedy

I m also professional engineer ,having worth and attractive salary
but i want to join css for following reasons
1)my family background(political)insists me to have job that expedite their worth and that is css only
2)in 21st century ,we are mentally slave,we respect a 12 grade police soldier but dont give any respect to 20 scale headmaster of a school.
3) everyone knows of us that there are two catagories in our country of people1)zalim2)mazloom
everyone of us tries to become zalim
4)beaurocracy in pakistan is so strong that a police officer can slap cheif justice of pakistan and prime minister of pakistan(nawaz shareef)
in developed country,situation is reversed.everyone of us knows that in that field we have to become black sheep,have to take HARAM but still we are eager to join
5)we are mentally complexed,we are people of dark ages ,so we obey law of jungle ,that is in pakistan
sorry if my query hurt anybody feelings but its fact so i did so
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M.Zaman For This Useful Post:
amnakhan (Friday, May 30, 2014), GEOLOGIST AK (Sunday, February 02, 2014), jawad rocker (Tuesday, January 21, 2014), Shakaib Tahir (Wednesday, May 21, 2014)

Najabat is on a distinguished road

Dear fellows it’s absolutely right that many professionals including Doctors and Engineers join Civil Services to flavor the elite class structure in Pakistan. I agree a bit to Mr. Zaman opinion but not in quintessence. We are mentally slave it’s true but now people get awaking about their rights and know their voice can change the destiny of nation. There are three pillars of any society judiciary, legislative and executive and being selected for CSS groups one is by default selected for executive pillar of the society. The root cause for poor Bureaucratic approach in Pakistan is our attitude to Rule the people but the essence of Civil services should be to Serve the people. There is need to change the Bureaucratic attitude in Pakistan specifically and third world generally.

Well as far highly paid doctors and engineers are concerned they never go for CSS but people who are dissatisfied with their career growth in their professional fields switch to the world of elites by CSS. I knew three persons who done their MBAs from LUMS even though they were very well qualified MBBS professionals. So switching is some what relavant to your interest area,not the default interest of Paksitani parents to see their children a Doctor only.

In a nutshell there are major two main factors behind switching Professionals Degree holders into CSS stream:-
1- Dissatisfaction from their career path/growth.
2- For Fresh/Little Experience Professionals CSS seems shortcut ticket for Elite class in Pakistan.

But remember dear fellows there is no shortcut to hard work and to be simpler short cut is the longest cut that seems short. So make your only key hard work for success in Life according to your interest area.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Najabat For This Useful Post:
beinghuman (Saturday, May 31, 2014), jawad rocker (Tuesday, January 21, 2014), STRAIN2 (Monday, July 30, 2007)
38th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  106

Waseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura aboutWaseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura about

@STRAIN2
Thanks for raising this point.i myself was thinking from couple of weeks why i am going for CSS.i am engineer and can have better salary than the csp.then why CSS?????????????????
this is question whose ans is very difficult..honestly speaking i 've never thought about bribe or corruption but onething how i will fulfil my needs in just 15000(csp's salary).this is terrible
i dont want any power (which is often shown against the poor people)
my parents want to see me as csp...what should i do????should i ruin my life just for my parents' will???????? or should i go for engineering (which is a silent,coward life according to my parents)
having degree of best profession of country,i am facing difficulties which no one faces.....
hope some seniors and cps's will help us and will guide us
thanx
jawad rocker (Tuesday, January 21, 2014), Zain Ahmed Zaman (Tuesday, January 21, 2014)

sheeba.s is on a distinguished road
Post y css

salams to all.In my opinion in our country css is a profession that stands on the pillars which has DEEP and STRONG ROOTS.It means power. but it is up to us that once becoming a csp officer ,how do we work and use this power.If we use this power for the benfit of people then in true means we r worth being a csp officer.We can serve people by being being a doctor or an engineer as well but it would be more challenging for us to serve the nation being a csp.We can bring improvement on a larger level rather than a smaller one. As far as the benfits are concerned then yes indeed they add a plus point but they r given to a csp as a result of his sincerity and honesty towards his/her work.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

AoA

money is not always the thing to be cherished.

as rightly commented by the members, people do have different aspects to get the things. those having lucrative professions may go for css aspiring to do differnt things for country i.e. serving their nation in an effecient way. h

css is the ladder to control the things i.e.power and authority.

there are indeed many people who run for css to get the posts, where they can shuffle the things accordig to their whims and make money.
Member of the Month June 2007/ July 2007

STRAIN2 will become famous soon enoughSTRAIN2 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb My views

AOA Forum Members

Well.... First of all thanks for sharing the view.

@Najabat
I have to say that you have summed up the whole discussion in wonderful way. But further questions emerges from your points;

1. If dissatisfaction is in terms of money, then how one could even think about joining CSS with such less salaries?. Other dissatisfaction i have noted till now in many professionals (ex. engineering) is either job environment or the other is learning curve. Both of these problems are related to people who are really professionals and love to work in thier filed. This case also does not make any sense of joining CSS.

2. If the purpose of joining CSS is to taste the elite class then why to take the engineering/medicine profession first?

What i think the root cause of such shifting is the LACK OF PROPER direction in CAREER PLANNING. Wrong career planing done by either students or parents leads to lack of interest in the their respective fileds and finally cause them to leave their profession. Whereas taking up the right career, develops the flare inside and that is what we call SATISFACTION.

Getting into more detail, this career planing does not end at choosing profession only but also a right choice of your speciality. Lots of examples are there when getting admissions in universities. Students are just filling up the priority of the fields w.r.t. the marks. For example student with best marks will be putting his field choice as Electrical then Mechcanical , then Computer Sciences ........and on..regardless of the spark within him. Do you think this sort of behaviour instills PASSION within a student? This can cause DISSATISFACTION also. But such cases are very less and this does not comes out with the decision to join CSS.

Coming to the POWER part of the discussion. Yeah. This might be the case. But POWER in hands of who? This is the big question? If the selection of CAREER is having purpose of POWER, then what could a comon peron like me shall expect for the society/country?
Old Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationDiligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,264 Times in 1,100 Posts
Muhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant futureMuhammad T S Awan has a brilliant future

AoA

@ strain, so far i can think brother there is a bit difference in your both posts, your previous post concentrated on the powers and authorities of the CSP, whereas this post deals with the reasons why highly paid professionals tend to join civil services.

in major cases, a CSP cannot do any thing important during his earlier years of career, however, when a CSP reaches at higher levels to be in a position to bring changes thn he becomes part of the system. But we can have examples of superb civil servant doing great things even though they have spent their years in mediocry.