Saturday, April 27, 2024
07:59 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, February 08, 2008

Sahban Memon is on a distinguished road
Default Do you feel safe in Pakistan?

Hi Guys!

Well, if anyone is positive about Pakistan in my family, it is me.. but this time when i was in Pakistan for my holidays and i live in Karachi and Hyderabad, it was not the best.. Even at home i didn't feel safe.

I've always wanted to do CSS.. however, looking at present situation, where Benazir Bhutto can be assassinated, what a mere ASP can do. I've never felt so insecure in Pakistan ever before. I've only been away for 6 years.

What are your views?

hellowahab is on a distinguished road

Life or death is in the hand of Allah. The night one have to pass inside his grave can't be passed on the deck of earth, no matter where the person is.
Basically, what we all aspires to get is the luxuries, authorities and lucrativeness of the job but, with Job also comes the responsibility, sacrifice and patience.
For an ASP what we have established in mind having a Police number plate car having a Blue flashing light on roof and followed by a police mobile having two or three police personals inside.
Security personal have to take an oath before joining the service. I want some here on the forum Please arrange the wording of that oath, that may help people understand the responsibilities that come with an ASP's Job.

Wahab Hussain
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2007

Muhammed Usman is on a distinguished road

well its not all that unsafe in pakistan, if u move around the world u'll c that the streets of pakistan are still far more safe then those of america south africa or itlay etc.
yes recently suicide attackes ahve picked up but i'm sure things would come to normality after the election.
Media is building up a sense of insecurity about pakistan and world is believing in that.where as i see all this as a phase similar to the one that we went through in the 80s when world was obssesed with cold war, these days its " war on terror" time. just hang on , things would improve and rest a sure Pakistan is there to stay ( Inshallah )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muhammed Usman For This Useful Post:
amy (Friday, February 08, 2008), prieti (Friday, February 08, 2008)

amy has a spectacular aura aboutamy has a spectacular aura about

i'm fully agreed to Muhammad Usman .
Pakistan is far more safer than other countires mentioned above.
As far as question of insecurity , we r living in our worst time these days but we hope that clouds of fear will soon fade away.
Things will soon settle down by implimenting correct strategies from the side of govt. as well as media and citizens.

PAKISTAN PAINDABAD!
prieti (Friday, February 08, 2008)

Ali Mohsin is on a distinguished road

People are worried about their security by the increasing suicide attacks and the insurgency in waziristan. But we need to think that whats the solution to these problems rather than complaining about the insecurity.Need of the hour is to remain optimistic about our country's future.

Last edited by Last Island; Friday, February 08, 2008 at 06:53 PM.

habibrahet is on a distinguished road

salam,
In short reply we can say that

Paywasta reh shajar say, Umeed-e-bahaar Rakh...

Omer will become famous soon enough

I agree with wahab,,,,,,,,,,fortunately, things are not as bleak and dismal as they look. The winds of change are blowing. A new morrow is on the corner. Civil society has woken up from its deep slumber. We now have a resilent media which 'can be destroyed but not broken' as it performs its truth-telling role. A stong civil society, a powerful media and an independent judiciary are what we need to get rid of the culture of political correctness. We have seen a whiff of this only recently. The change is not far. Let's be part of this change and strengthen the forces behind it.
I am hundred per cent sure good days are coming to us and also to our dearest country which, in the words of late Justice Kiani, has long looked for the nation lost somewhere but which was so keen to get it only six decades back.
And please, don't be desolate and despondent. You are all young. Have faith in yourselves and be ready to challenge the forces which have held us back. The future is yours. Step forward and get it in your embrace.
"A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done."
38th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  106

Waseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura aboutWaseem Riaz Khan has a spectacular aura about

Safety has become a pipe dream in pakistan.The coarse, which Pakistan has currently chosen leads to calamity,distruction,insecurity and bleak future. A revolution is needed to deal with current political fiasco. We have kept our hopes alive with the few. As we think everything will settle down when musharaf will step down. virtually, the case is different we need to change ourselves.there is need to change the system and to build a strong and organized nation.
What should i say regarding the safety. while going out of home a man thinks whether he will come back safely or not. How a country can progress whose people are worried about their lives and face difficulties to subsist.
Other nations of the world are laughing at us that what kind of people we are.
I have no idea when we will come out of this quicksand but like every pakistan i am hopeful too. We pakistanis are brave as we are facing the nightmares of terrorism and conspiracies and are still hope
Old Saturday, February 09, 2008

awais_666 is on a distinguished road
Default Right buddy

well buddy we dont feel safe in our own homes you know the three days after benazir assasination our family was totally harassed and we couldnt go outside of our house even our house is totally grilled but we were afraid all the time you know after that my family is not allowing me to do CSS they want me to go somewhere else and then take all family out of Pakistan but my aim is CSS i will try it if i succeed i will live here or else Good Bye Pakistan but i love my country alot specially my city hyderabad but i love my family more then that and for there safety i would prefer to go somewhere else
Old Saturday, February 09, 2008

zarwa786 is on a distinguished road

In my view the people should change their own attitude.Everyone should be happy how the pakistan is.If you say that musharaf should step down but i am sorry,in my view the terrorism will not stop even if he step down.Do not blame the governement.The governement want pak to be safe.But you know what,it all depend on the attitude of the people.For some reason, pakistan is not really safe compared to the other countries.Logon ki sabse bari galty ye hai ke vo kisi bhi hal main khush nahi rehna chahte.Log bahair nikal ate hai jab kuch acha nahi lagta (wut is this?)aur hum log outsiders ye sab kuch english news main dekhte hain.Mujhe ye batao ke kistaran se pak ki izat other countries main hogi?Logon ko apni ache bure ka saab pata hai to why they are expressing their feeling by the bad way?.Ider bhi election hote hai magar istara ke drame nahi.Agar kisi ko koi acha nahi lagta to ider istara se to nahi karte..I think ke pak is not safe.
I wish pakistan best of luck in for a bright futur..Aur allah Pakistan ko izat de harjaga par ameen