Saturday, May 11, 2024
05:37 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, May 18, 2009
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - 4th in Sindh UrbanMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Arif Rao is a jewel in the roughArif Rao is a jewel in the roughArif Rao is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake
The advocates of quota system should ask for better educational infrastructure for the poverty ridden areas instead of accepting it as a necessary evil.
That's similar to what I said in my answer to a question during the psychological interview of CSS-2008, which said. "How do you see the Urban and Rural quota within Sindh? What should be done in this regard?"
I said, "Currently it is justified due to educational facilities' dearth in Rural Sindh. But it should not remain like this. Lets suppose we make up our mind today that we want to end this practice then we must devise a long term approach. First five years work on primary education in all Rural Sindh. Next five years elevate the secondary education standard. In the next four or five years work on intermediate and degree level studies and then you are all set to make one single quota for all of the Sindh province".
The same strategy can be adopted for the whole country to end the very cause of this quota system once and for all.
Engr.Aftab (Monday, May 18, 2009), Raz (Monday, May 18, 2009), Tooba (Monday, May 18, 2009)
Old Monday, May 18, 2009

snake is on a distinguished road

Dear friend your post is really thought provoking . I daresay that there is a lot of difference among our perceptions. I am sure that you are going to consider my point of view , same you can expect from me .

Quote:
On the contrary i think that the quota system has been adopted to give something to the dissenting voices and cut short the work of hate mongers.As i have already mentioned that the quota system is one of the few concessions that the establishment has given to the federating units. This way we give them a feeling that they have some stakes in the federation. It is here i guess that we see the difference in the vision of an ordinary being like us and statesmen.

The merit should be preserved at any cost no matter how hard it is ,because justice is the basic thing that unites any society in the world , not the compromises . The statesmen are not those who give ‘concessions’ but those who preserve the merit .

Quote:
I agree that the standard of education should be raised all over. But till such time the education standards become similar the quota system should stay intact. I can not comprehend the reason that why some people think that Muslim demand for separate electorates ( Pre-Partion ) was right and oppose the provincial quota in Pakistan, as the demand for separate electorate was too a large extent a product of the thought that Muslims were less educated and less developed than the Hindus. ( some people may think i am generalizing a bit too much).

It has passed 62 years and the matter of the uplift of educational standard is compromised with providing quota system! It is a pity. Quota system is an escape route from the responsibilities and equivalent to sweep the real problem of development under the carpet with a smiling face and saying all is well!
The world is divided between the non-Muslims and the Muslims according to the Quarn and the Hadith . The separate electrode was demanded to preserve the identity of the Muslims of sub-continent. The above mentioned analogy does not hold water in this context .

Quote:
Secondly, as if the already Provincial ethnicity was not enough, you want the quota system to be applied at Divisional level?.Where do we go from there?After all there are some districts which are less developed than others?so we should start fighting for our rights at District level as well!
This part is quoted without context but it supports my argument. Here the author admits that the quota system has inflamed the ethnicity . Yes, that I why the abolition is necessary. The contradictions of thoughts project the half-baked ideas.

Quote:
The quota system that you are talking about here is about the number of Jobs a MNA or a MPA used to get or are still given. I do not see any harm in it.As the jobs are mostly of Grade-1 that is of peons, potters etc and these jobs are given to the common man. what if they vote for A and not B? Aren't they the citizens of Pakistan? Don't they deserve the jobs as well?
They deserve the jobs ,right! But this is a purely executive matter to find the suitable candidates for the jobs, no matter what is the nature of that job . There comes the favoritism and ulterior motive , there is a great harm lies in it when at the gross root level vacancies are distributed on very odd standards. Are these not used as a political weapon ? Does any code of ethics allow such distribution ?

Quote:
Telephone Quota was not given to MPA's, it is a federal Subject and was given to MNA's. In those days telecommunications were not so developed as they are now a days.Therefore only a number of connections were issued annually.What if a small fraction was given to the people whom an MNA recommended?After all they were elected by a large majority.
Thanks for telling me that these ‘angels’ were MNAs not MPAs .

Quote:
What if a small fraction was given to the people whom an MNA recommended?
Is this justice that an MNA is recommending the distribution of telephone connections. Every body knows that who is going to get the recommendation. Where is the merit ? The merit is a mere recommendation letter from the stakeholders !

Quote:
I do not want to continue arguing.
Gentleman running from the arguments is not considered an act of through civilization because arguments can avert destructions . Where there are no arguments : the civilization cease to exist , as nonhuman don’t argue but fight!

Quote:
All i want to say that you have all the right to say and think what ever you want to, but please rise above personal level and think in terms of a Pakistani.I hope you will understand it then.
Brother, there are no personal motives behind these thoughts . The demand for broader justice should not be ascribed to the personal interests, and my personal level is the part and parcel of Pakistan , I don’t own dual nationality , do you ?
The Following User Says Thank You to snake For This Useful Post:
hira imam rizvi (Monday, May 18, 2009)
Old Monday, May 18, 2009

osama24 is on a distinguished road

Yar provinces ka quota tau phir theek hai magar ye women ka jo quota haina ....
Old Monday, May 18, 2009
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CSS-2008

Bandit Queen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake
The merit should be preserved at any cost no matter how hard it is ,because justice is the basic thing that unites any society in the world , not the compromises . The statesmen are not those who give ‘concessions’ but those who preserve the merit.
well said, well said but i think u r becoming too emotional by listing your arguments in light of merit and justice
I won't argue about rest of the points u made in your reply but only limit myself to these two.

1. If merit should be the only way to federal services how would provinces get an equal representation? which they even don't get in quota system?

2. With the present condition of educational system and a major lack of institutions in other provinces how can you compare all students equally?

3.When only punjab or sindh candidates have the advantage of studying in academies, where they don't have any problem in finding books and taking guidance from other CSP's (as they are in majority)..... which other province students don't have why they should be treated on same grounds?

4. If quota system comes to an end the top groups of CSS will fall in hands of candidates mostly from punjab (see it yourself in merit list) so how would other provinces get their share in these groups? Why should they lag?

With a major set back in terms of resource distribution all over Pakistan quota system is a way to give all provinces their share in federal services. I m not a big supporter of quota system but think about it in the perspective of candidates from provinces which fall back in many categories....education, infrastructure, institutions, peace, development. Before cutting out the quota system federal needs to do a lot to bring candidates at one level.....then it will be called competition and that would be fair but without required resources, guidance and proper institutions you can't simply shout for justice. If so much justice has to be done, do it first in terms of resource distribution and educational development then definitely your argument in terms of merit system are fully applicable.

I m queen of the world....without a crown
The Following User Says Thank You to Bandit Queen For This Useful Post:
Raz (Monday, May 18, 2009)
Old Monday, May 18, 2009
Khadim-e-Fareed
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Roll Number 3208-CSS 2008Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best Mod 2009Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2009Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,189 Times in 442 Posts
Mumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The merit should be preserved at any cost no matter how hard it is ,because justice is the basic thing that unites any society in the world , not the compromises . The statesmen are not those who give ‘concessions’ but those who preserve the merit .
I agree that merit should be preserved but as said earlier that merit comes into question when we are comparing equals. As most of us have tried to explain it to you that education standards all over Pakistan are not equal and due to backwardness and sense of deprivation the quota system in the jobs by Federal Government has to be upheld. Things can not be changed overnight because they are the result of centuries old exploitation first by Britishers than by the Local influentials and at last by the establishment.It will take time. You can have your own opinion but statesmen are those who make Right decisions at the opportune time.

Quote:
It has passed 62 years and the matter of the uplift of educational standard is compromised with providing quota system! It is a pity. Quota system is an escape route from the responsibilities and equivalent to sweep the real problem of development under the carpet with a smiling face and saying all is well!
I have already explained that it will take time to rectify the educational system of our country but it will take some time. Quota system is not an escape but some respite to people who have been suffering from exploitation since centuries.

Quote:
The world is divided between the non-Muslims and the Muslims according to the Quarn and the Hadith . The separate electrode was demanded to preserve the identity of the Muslims of sub-continent. The above mentioned analogy does not hold water in this context .
Yes everyone would agree that Muslims and Hindus are two separate identities.But i am afraid that in the demand of separate electorates the foremost plea of Muslim leaders was that Muslims were not educationally and Financially at par with Hindus hence they would not be able to compete with the educated and rich Hindu majority.Not only separate electorates but jobs quota and entry into Medical and other institutions were also demanded by the Muslims on quota sighting their educational backwardness, although both Muslims and Hindus had similar facilities to avail. Now i do not see how were they trying to keep muslim identity intact by demanding Muslim quota for Government jobs and University admissions?
Quote:
This part is quoted without context but it supports my argument. Here the author admits that the quota system has inflamed the ethnicity . Yes, that I why the abolition is necessary. The contradictions of thoughts project the half-baked ideas.
I was not pointing out the quota system. I was just pointing out the sad nature of our federation where some hate mongers have only the provincial issue to exploit and base their Politics on. We have failed to inculcate the love for four Federating units in the masses and if we start the dividing lines on Divisional basis then i am afraid we wont be doing any good to the cause of our Nation.

Quote:
They deserve the jobs ,right! But this is a purely executive matter to find the suitable candidates for the jobs, no matter what is the nature of that job . There comes the favoritism and ulterior motive , there is a great harm lies in it when at the gross root level vacancies are distributed on very odd standards. Are these not used as a political weapon ? Does any code of ethics allow such distribution ?
The qualification is advertised along the number of vacancies.If someone who fulfills the criteria and has passed the interview is given a job on someones recommendation i do not see any damage being done to merit. As long as someone clears the qualifications test and interview he/she is as eligible as anyone out there.

Quote:
Thanks for telling me that these ‘angels’ were MNAs not MPAs .
Is this justice that an MNA is recommending the distribution of telephone connections. Every body knows that who is going to get the recommendation. Where is the merit ? The merit is a mere recommendation letter from the stakeholders !
we are moving in another direction. We were discussing the quota system in the central superior services. But the times this used to happen telephone was the least of concerns of the people living in rural areas.

Quote:
Gentleman running from the arguments is not considered an act of through civilization because arguments can avert destructions . Where there are no arguments : the civilization cease to exist , as non human don’t argue but fight!
No one is running away from the argument. I think that majority has made its point clear.But if you want to cling on to your perception than obviously we can try to change your mind to a certain extent not more than that.
Quote:
Brother, there are no personal motives behind these thoughts . The demand for broader justice should not be ascribed to the personal interests, and my personal level is the part and parcel of Pakistan , I don’t own dual nationality , do you ?
Broader justice means that everyone should have equal opportunity and till such time the one's who do not have that facility it is no wrong to give them some concessions.And i do not think that the Interests of Pakistan will often concur with your personal interest.As one has to sacrifice personal interest in order to serve National Interest. ( Most of the times ).

I do not want to infuriate you personally and i have made my point again and again, so if there is something new discuss please bring it forward otherwise i am sorry i do not have more to say.

Last edited by Mumtaz Hayat Maneka; Monday, May 18, 2009 at 05:04 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mumtaz Hayat Maneka For This Useful Post:
AFRMS (Monday, May 18, 2009), Bandit Queen (Monday, May 18, 2009), Last Island (Monday, May 18, 2009), Raz (Monday, May 18, 2009)
Old Monday, May 18, 2009

wind will become famous soon enough

@ osama
what do u mean by women ka ju quota haina ... explain
Old Monday, May 18, 2009
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,870 Times in 1,441 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by osama24
Yar provinces ka quota tau phir theek hai magar ye women ka jo quota haina ....
hahahahaa, lo ye ik aur issue khara ho gaya
.................................................. ..........................
Old Monday, May 18, 2009
Khadim-e-Fareed
Moderator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Roll Number 3208-CSS 2008Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best Mod 2009Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2009Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,189 Times in 442 Posts
Mumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to beholdMumtaz Hayat Maneka is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind
what do u mean by women ka ju quota haina ... explain
He is referring to the 10 % quota reserved for women.
Old Monday, May 18, 2009

wind will become famous soon enough
Talking

In Pakistan, the women's access to property, education, employment etc. remains considerably lower compared to men's.

Despite the improvement in Pakistan's literacy rate since its independence, the educational status of Pakistani women is among the lowest in the world

The social and cultural context of Pakistani society is predominantly patriarchal.

Women have a low percentage of participation in society.

so women are facing more obstacles and difficulities than man they should be given chances to improve their lot .

AND WOMEN DESERVE THIS QUOTA:
hira imam rizvi (Tuesday, May 19, 2009)
Old Monday, May 18, 2009
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,681 Times in 873 Posts
AFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud ofAFRMS has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind

AND WOMEN DESERVE THIS QUOTA:
you are right serf 10% tu hai baqi 90% tu men ka hai na
The Following User Says Thank You to AFRMS For This Useful Post:
wind (Tuesday, May 19, 2009)