Monday, April 29, 2024
09:44 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, June 25, 2009
42nd CTP (PAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 20

Sky Is Thy Limit is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydian
Dear members,

Last Sunday I saw the add for recruitment in Pak Navy as sub-lieutenant in logistics branch. Now I am confused as I want to appear in CSS 2010 for which I am preparing to the best of my abilities. But at the same time I don't want to let go the Navy opportunity as it would be my last chance to join any of the armed forces due to my age.

CSS is my passion, obsession and junoon and I really want to do it but at the same time Navy is also very attracting. Therefore all members peculiarly seniors are requested to throw some light on this matter please.
Salam,
Brother just Go For Navy.
" JOIN PAK NAVY SEE THE WORLD".

There is nothing like source in Forces. All depends upon your abilities. I myself being a son of a Primary School Teacher had cleared the Navy ISSB 2006-A Term in 18 Grading (The Highest ever grading for passing out any ISSB Test, which then allows you to join any of the Armed Forces), with no family background of Forces, yet i qualified. Although i was only left out coz of my Knee-Knock Problem in Final Medical and Yet I was offered to join with a condition that i would retire as Lt-Commander (Major). But Then i Said Good Bye to it.
Navy Life is very charming than all other forces and even the Civil Services.
You Are also BOSS here in NAVY coz u r a commisioned Officer and you are saluted by all of ur juniors .
One intresting thing that u will see the World, What else u require.
And the forces are getting nowadays twice the pay what a civil servant get.

During My Preparation of ISSB my Moto Was " JOIN PAK NAVY , SEE THE WORLD.

" HIMAT KA AALAM, ALLAH KA KARAM, MOJON PE QADAM "
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janas

Secondly, do let me know is it a permanent commision through ISSB or is it direct select through NHQ (Naval HeadQuarters)?

ISSB is interesting, you would love the experience I bet!
Dear Janas

Yes it is a permanent commission through ISSB. Written Test will be held on 13 July 2009.

@Sky Is Thy Limit

Thank you brother for sharing your experience. That was interesting but in the end Allah must have had much better plans for you. And yea Navy life is charming and logistics branch (thand program) is even sweeter. But I believe my destiny lies in Civil Services.

regards,
floydian
42nd CTP (PAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 20

Sky Is Thy Limit is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Dear Janas

Yes it is a permanent commission through ISSB. Written Test will be held on 13 July 2009.

@Sky Is Thy Limit

Thank you brother for sharing your experience. That was interesting but in the end Allah must have had much better plans for you. And yea Navy life is charming and logistics branch (thand program) is even sweeter. But I believe my destiny lies in Civil Services.

regards,
floydian
Its good. Coz I am also now searching my future in Civil Services. I was too intended to Join The Logistics Group.
Hope we may both achieve our Goal in Civil Services (Aameen).
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

There is no comparison between CSS and a service in Pakistan Navy. The simple fact is that while many navy officers at some stage in their career would want induction in civil services, NO CSS officer would ever wish to join the navy.

Regards,

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
Old Friday, June 26, 2009
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adil Memon
There is no comparison between CSS and a service in Pakistan Navy. The simple fact is that while many navy officers at some stage in their career would want induction in civil services, NO CSS officer would ever wish to join the navy.

Regards,
Very well said Mr. Memon. But I guess CSS officers in Pakistan Post, Military lands and Pak Railways would love to switch over .
Old Friday, June 26, 2009
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CSS 2008 Roll no.: 4323Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Red.Hawk has a spectacular aura aboutRed.Hawk has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Dear members,

Last Sunday I saw the add for recruitment in Pak Navy as sub-lieutenant in logistics branch. Now I am confused as I want to appear in CSS 2010 for which I am preparing to the best of my abilities. But at the same time I don't want to let go the Navy opportunity as it would be my last chance to join any of the armed forces due to my age.

CSS is my passion, obsession and junoon and I really want to do it but at the same time Navy is also very attracting. Therefore all members peculiarly seniors are requested to throw some light on this matter please.
Dear as per your above quoted statement it seems you like both professions, well as far as the navy is concerned as you have mentioned that their recruitment has almost started and if i am not wrong the navy sellection test doesn't involve very hard written exam preparation, in navy's sellection some other traits like intelligence, mental strenght and effeciency is seen where as in CSS apart from Interview its all academic game.

So, my advice would be to appear in both exams as for navy tetst you 'll not have to devot much of time and once you are over with the navy test you can always re-join your CSS preparation.

Best of Luck and may you get what you want..(Ameen)

Quote:
Very well said Mr. Memon. But I guess CSS officers in Pakistan Post, Military lands and Pak Railways would love to switch over .
I dont think so...atleast there is no such example in the history of our country...!!!!

Last edited by Viceroy; Friday, June 26, 2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Merger
Old Saturday, June 27, 2009
39th CTP (PSP)

@Red.Hawk

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Yes I like Navy but my obsession is CSS. I was really confused just few days ago but after getting feedback from Naval Officers my instincts are compelling me now to shrug off the distractions (Navy in this case) and go for the ultimate tests.

And yea CSPs are not allowed to join armed forces and that is why there is no such example in the history of our country.

regards,
floydian
Old Saturday, June 27, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Lord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the rough

floydian:

I don't think so there is much left to say as you have already been given suggestions from our prestigious members but i would like to add something. It totally depends upon you to decide which profession suits you and where you are needed to serve at your best. A number of officers from Army appear in the competitive exam but i have never heard of any CSP, no matter if belong to the aforementioned groups have ever tried to switch thier jobs. Even there are a number of CSP's who resigned in order to take part in politics, though i don't remember well but most of them are briefly discussed in another thread. So simply its only the matter of interest rather than the tag name and incentives you are given along with the job you are going to opt for.
No matter if Navy or Css, only think what you have to offer these honourable services.
Old Sunday, June 28, 2009
39th CTP (PSP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord AvaLon
No matter if Navy or Css, only think what you have to offer these honourable services.
The best advise so far. And its true that both Navy and Civil Services are prestigious careers.

regards,
floydian.

Last edited by Mumtaz Hayat Maneka; Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 01:55 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to floydian For This Useful Post:
shizshaikh (Wednesday, August 19, 2009)
Closed Thread