Sunday, May 12, 2024
05:44 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, October 22, 2009

MadihaMalik is on a distinguished road
Default Please share what all of you think as possible solutions.

Aoe,
Everytime terrorists attack any milieu leaving several precious lives go wasted just for nothing, my heart really weeps. But most recent assualt has made me overwhelmingly delirious. The perennial chain of these daunting tragedies has been causing a perpetuated restlessness deep inside my heart since the crushing blow and has destroyed the peace of my mind. This incident has touched my heart in an unprecedented way and has left me hysteric so far. I believe, same is the case with most of the people of Pakistan and all of them must be trying hard to tackle with this internal turmoil.

Besides, this mutilation has enticed me to meditate what kind of policies should be designed by the government to cater this alarmingly growing jeopardy. The following cosiderations are all I could think of. Any new suggestions, criticism or endorsements are cordially welcomed. I really want to know what all of you deem as possible solutions.

Foremostly, all the politicians, government personnel, military men and all the concerned authorities should immediately take the decision to halt all kinds of military operations going on in different parts of Pakistan. Instead, they should step forward to bring the extreme elements towards reconciliation and negotiations to end this ordeal.

Most of us can't even imagine how these militants have been untowardly brainwashed in the established religious medressahs. They are being taught and justified so religiously for not only committing suicides (which actually is an unforgivable sin in Islam) but also killing several innocent people along (even worse -----slaying humanity). Therefore, government should act upon the policy of identifying the roots; the brainwashers in this case, and deal with them accordingly. Its just like diagnosing and treating the malignant desease by destroying its roots and not what it is going to turn out to be.

I am extremely sorry to say but appearing on the screens of news channels and condemning such violent attacks is something which everyone can do.
Enough of these discussions, criticism and censure on the part of these politicians, military men, analysts, journalists, bureaucrats!!!!!!!!!!!
The media should now be more pragmatic and start practising the tactics of defiance by turning its face to the other side. In the talk shows like JawabDeh, Mere Mutabiq, Capital Talk etc, the leaders of these militants should be brought forward for the whole nation to know what they have to say and what actually their purpose is, behind such brutality. What the esteemed dignitaries have to say is something we know already but what we are unable to ascertain is what these militants want.

Govt. should work on the policy of 'Give and Take' by partially fulfilling the demands (only the sane ones) of these elements and getting peace in return.

This militancy, freedom fighting, terrorism or whatever it is has cost Pakistan in every gruesome way. The status quo is that we are on the verge of social, economic, political and institutional death. More of these operations means more destruction. And this is because I ardently believe that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. These militants are terrorists for us but are freedom fighters for a particular entity. So the war will go on otherwise.

To interpret the real mindset of these extremists, I want all of you to see this video which is a part of an interview of a suicide bomber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq88egK755k

Prayers for all!!!!

best regards,
Madiha Malik
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadihaMalik For This Useful Post:
SikanderHayat007 (Friday, October 23, 2009), theelegant444 (Friday, October 23, 2009)
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all
Default No offence to anyone... just my honest thoughts

In CSS exams I won't be sharing such honest thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadihaMalik View Post
Foremostly, all the politicians, government personnel, military men and all the concerned authorities should immediately take the decision to halt all kinds of military operations going on in different parts of Pakistan. Instead, they should step forward to bring the extreme elements towards reconciliation and negotiations to end this ordeal.
Dear, I strongly disagree to this suggestion. There is nothing to negotiate. What the militants demand is implementation of so called sharia on the pattern of former taliban government in Afghaniastan (land of jahlia). But is this really their goal ? No. These militants are hardened terrorists and know only one thing i.e fighting and spreading terror. They have nothing else to do. And believe me even if the government concede to their bogus demands they won't rest. They will keep spreading the terror and impose their obscure doctrine on the subjects. Consider the following:

woman flogging
bombing cd shops
imposing burqa
restriction on shaving the beards
banning all kinds of cultural activities
banning satellite channels
banning the television
banning girls education in public/private institutions
imposing death penalties on alleged criminals without any evidence
the list goes on and on....

When a pet dog gets mad, the owner always kill the dog.

Quote:
Therefore, government should act upon the policy of identifying the roots; the brainwashers in this case, and deal with them accordingly. Its just like diagnosing and treating the malignant desease by destroying its roots and not what it is going to turn out to be.
The short term solution is the current army operation codenamed Rahi-i-Nijat.

The long term solution is :

a) a new constitution declaring Pakistan a secular country and separating the religon from any business of the state.
b) regularization of maderassahs
c) autonomy to the provinces
d) federal structure in letter and spirit
e) stop funding the so called Kashmir Jihad
f) ban on usage of loudspeakers in mosques exept for azan
g) compulsory and free education in schools
h) permanently closing the border with Afghanistan
i) stopping Saudi Arabian and American interference in our policy making
j) promotion of the brand "Pakistan" instead of brand "Islam"
k) Reviving enlightened moderation
l) beheading people like Sufi Muhammad and lal masjid Imam in public
m) eliminating feudal system
n) ban on carrying of arms by civilians without discrimination
o) revival of cultural and academic activities
p) promoting tourism
q) banning unecessary imports like cell phones, shampoos, funiture, cars etc
r) promotion of "be Paki n buy Paki"
s) New Judicial system
t) recruitment test for politicians by the election commision on the pattern of CSS before accepting any nominations
u) emancipation of women
v) resolving the Kashmir dispute with India by accepting the LOC as permanent border
w) controlling the population bomb
x) banning any political party which does politics in the name of Islam like Jamat-i-Islami and JUI
y) blacklisting parties like PPP and PML-N which believe in dynastic politics and democracy of hypocracy
z) Implementation of all the above mentioned points in letter and spirit.

Quote:
To interpret the real mindset of these extremists, I want all of you to see this video which is a part of an interview of a suicide bomber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq88egK755k

Prayers for all!!!!
The video reveals only tip of the iceberg. Instead of interviewing mad dogs and prosecuting them in the court of law, we must kill them before they bite us again.

regards,
floydian
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to floydian For This Useful Post:
Adil Memon (Thursday, October 22, 2009), Hina 11(MISS Einstein) (Friday, October 23, 2009), SikanderHayat007 (Friday, October 23, 2009), Waseemtabish (Thursday, October 22, 2009)

AdamKhelian is on a distinguished road

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Will Have My say in the morning...............i would love to write for ages on this topicccccccccccccccccc.
Au revoir
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamKhelian For This Useful Post:
Waseemtabish (Thursday, October 22, 2009)

theelegant444 is on a distinguished road
Default Recommendations

It has been more than four years since President and Chief of Army Staff in their capacities pledged to reform Pakistani society by reversing the trend of Islamist extremism. One of the key issues in my opinion to eradicate the terrorism from our beloved motherland is to bring all madrasas – the religious schools that educate many Pakistani children – into the mainstream and to increase scrutiny of them by controlling funding and curriculum.

Declaring that no institutions would be above the law, the government said it would:

• Register all madrasas so that it had a clear idea of which groups were running which schools;

•Regulate the curriculum so that all madrasas would adopt a government curriculum by the end of 2002;top the use of madrasas and mosques as centres for the spread of politically and religious inflammatory statements and publications; and

•Establish model madrasas that would provide modern, useful education and not promote extremism.

New rules were to be outlined in a presidential ordinance. “No individual, organisation or party will be allowed to break the law of the land,”

However, to date no such regulation has been promulgated. Most madrasas remain unregistered. No national syllabus has been developed. No rules on funding of madrasas have been adopted. The government has repeated the rhetoric of mainstreaming madrasa education on many occasions but has pledged that it will not interfere in the affairs of those schools. While three model madrasas have been set up and have enrolled around 300 students, as many as 1.5 million students attend unregulated madrasas.

While several Pakistani groups were banned, their leaders were not prosecuted under the Anti-Terrorism Act. One extremist leader was allowed to run for parliament and indeed won a seat though more than twenty charges of violent crimes were pending against him. Many secular politicians were disqualified for much less, including not having a higher education. Banned groups were allowed to continue working under new identities with the same leadership. Many, though banned a second time in November 2003, continue to function unhindered and are likely to resurface under new names again.

The government has done very little to implement tougher controls on financing of either madrasas or extremist groups despite obligations under UN Security Council Resolution 1373. It has failed to pass the necessary laws, even removing the issue of terrorism funding from draft regulations on money laundering on the misleading claim that it was already covered under an earlier law on terrorism.

Pakistan’s laws on terrorism and extremist groups remain muddled and opaque. While the government claims to be tackling terrorism, it has taken almost no steps towards restricting the extremism that permeates parts of the society. Even al Qaeda was not officially banned until March 2003.
Musharraf’s failure owes less to the difficulty of implementing reforms than to the military government’s own unwillingness. Indeed, he is following the pattern of the country’s previous military rulers in co-opting religious extremists to support his government’s agenda and to neutralise his secular political opposition. Far from combating extremism, the military government has promoted it through its electoral policies and its failure to implement effective reform. Whatever measures have so far been taken against extremism have been largely cosmetic, to ease international pressure.

Government inaction has resulted in a resurgence of domestic extremism, including sectarian violence. The failure to penetrate and crack down on terrorist networks is evident in two assassination attempts against President Musharraf himself in December 2003.

RECOMMENDATIONS

To the Government of Pakistan:

1.Establish immediately a Madrasa Regulatory Authority, headed by the Interior Minister, to:

(a) Impose mandatory registration and classification of the madrasa sector;

(b) Empower the Pakistan Madrasa Education Board to revise and standardise curriculum and ensure it is implemented;

(c) Review existing laws for the registration of non-governmental organisations with a view to tightening financial controls and strengthening the monitoring infrastructure; and

(d) Link grants to madrasas under the Education Ministry’s Madrasa Reforms Plan to their registration, declaration of financial assets and acceptance and implementation of standardised religious and general curriculums.

2. Sign immediately the International Convention for the Suppression of the Financing of Terrorism.

3. Take effective action against all extremist groups and parties, in particular,

(a) Dismantle the infrastructure of groups banned under the Anti-Terrorism Law by prosecuting their leaders, making public the evidence for which the groups were proscribed, and preventing members from regrouping and reorganising under new identities;

(b) Close all madrasas affiliated with banned organisations;

(c) Close all other jihadi madrasas, including those linked to religious parties.

4. Ensure that any political deals with religious parties do not involve conditions that compromise basic civil liberties or Pakistan’s obligations under United Nations Security Council Resolution.

5. Pursue an even-handed policy towards religious and secular parties.

Hope you all would appreciate my initial spadework and my puritinical analytic assessment in this retrospect for we can not set aside our native soil on the clemency of terrorism and mounting extremism.

Regards,

Engr. Shoaib Awan
SikanderHayat007 (Friday, October 23, 2009), Waseemtabish (Thursday, October 22, 2009)

lahoriate1234 is on a distinguished road

@Shoaib

I don't intend to say that your stuff is not good. Did you just write it? Because i recall reading almost exactly same stuff in some report a few years back. These all are good points and need to be implemented but more things need to be added.

@all

Pakistan foreign policy has been a failure; we have offered more and sought less in return. Drastic changes are needed in our foreign policy.

I will add more in the morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to lahoriate1234 For This Useful Post:
Waseemtabish (Thursday, October 22, 2009)
38th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  31

Abdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enoughAbdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enough

Here is one other dimension to this whole saga highlighting some of the main root causes and our government's indifference towards it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkX9A671fnI

Some excellent recommendations have been presented in earlier posts but we need to keep in mind that we need to address the root cause of this menace and not the symptoms. As they say, "Terrorist organizations follow the 'balloon principle'. Squeezed at one end they emerge elsewhere."

So if you can't kill the fish maybe its better to drain the water where it thrives. Drone attacks or bombing Pashtun lands everytime the government intends to get some foreign aid is not the right thing. It gives them (terrorists) legitimacy atleast in areas where they are fighting. Whenever there is a bomb attack, our interior ministry takes no time in linking it to Waziristan even if it turns out master planners in some cases were from Southern Punjab. I think its better to chalk out a policy of integrating tribal areas with the rest of the country and addressing the socio-economic causes lying at the heart of this historic tragedy.

I don't intend to start an ideological debate but excluding Islam from Pakistani society in my opinion is not the way to go about it. Banning speakers for Khutba and promoting enlightened moderation? What will be next...banning beard and veil like Turkey (a secular polity and they are not happy with it).
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Abdullah Nayyar For This Useful Post:
common man (Monday, January 18, 2010), crazy bird (Thursday, October 22, 2009), Hina 11(MISS Einstein) (Friday, October 23, 2009), MadihaMalik (Thursday, October 22, 2009), SikanderHayat007 (Friday, October 23, 2009), Waseemtabish (Thursday, October 22, 2009)

AdamKhelian is on a distinguished road

Salaamz every one!
I really appreciate everyone’s effort in this regard but lemme add something more to this burning topic of theday. Well there are several reasons for the current chaos in our country and it’s an all dimensional problem. So many questions have been asked but there is no one to answer those questions . though “this the pandora’s box of Mard-e-Momin Mard-e-Haq Hazrat Zia-ul-haq opened” & now we are the scapegoat and paying heavy price for that.
Everyone has his/her own political vision & everybody is judging the current scenioro in his/ her own prospective & but I differ with Mediha ‘s one point where she mentioned the Give and Take policy. Who are these elements that you are going to adopt the Give and Take policy they are not an organization they are not an association who are they nobody knows they don’t have any leader they don’t have any code of conduct so don’t you guys think its an open choice for creating state within a state. Today if you give them one yard then tommorrow they will ask for ten yards thus the land which is going to waste will literally turned into a Wasteland.
THE KEY FACTOR
I want to take your attention to the statement where last year Germany offered and suggested a solution to the current problem. They offered it at that time when this problem was less severe & they asked for 6 months duration to redress this problem. They suggested and offered the following factors .The lack of basic living commodities ,food & shelter . if we provide them with all these things and educate them and give them employement then this problem can be redress. by providing with the basic education and employment we can keep them busy and so in this we can divert their minds. But unfortunately nobody paid any attention to tht statement of German’s foreign minister & our govt turned a blind eye and deaf ear over tht offer.
I am from a tribal area and to me all the above factors are the deciding & key factors for the current chaos in our country. In tribal areas where the parents give birth to so many offspring in such limited resources. So definitely they fail to provide them the basic education and food and shelter & the lack of quality time where their offspring go astray and become an easy pray in the hands of ruthless islamic bigots.
Further more we need to change the Saudi version of Islam and come with our own ideadom and adopt the middle of the road approach towards Islam.
And last but not the least I plead to those who are sitting in the corridors of power and serving this country tht instead of paying a mere lip serivce to this country while coming into the tv talk shows they should be pragmatic and must take practical steps to take out our country from this current mayhem.
GOD BLESS MY HOME
GOD BLESS PAKISTAN
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AdamKhelian For This Useful Post:
common man (Monday, January 18, 2010), crazy bird (Thursday, October 22, 2009), SikanderHayat007 (Friday, October 23, 2009), Waseemtabish (Thursday, October 22, 2009)

MadihaMalik is on a distinguished road

@floydian.........methinks I and you have a huge ideological difference in every aspect but thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamKhelian View Post
Salaamz every one!

Everyone has his/her own political vision & everybody is judging the current scenioro in his/ her own prospective & but I differ with Mediha ‘s one point where she mentioned the Give and Take policy. Who are these elements that you are going to adopt the Give and Take policy they are not an organization they are not an association who are they nobody knows they don’t have any leader they don’t have any code of conduct so don’t you guys think its an open choice for creating state within a state. Today if you give them one yard then tommorrow they will ask for ten yards thus the land which is going to waste will literally turned into a Wasteland.
Well, I dont actually get whether you oppose or endorse the recommendation about stopping the military actions and starting up of negotiations. But as far as the policy of Give and Take is concerned, I deem it as an implicit way to support the reconciliation which I have did. Whenever you talk about bringing forward two conflicting groups to negotiate, that actually, disingeniously though, facilitates the notion of give and take because negotiations end up with an unmitigated completion in hands only if both the parties be unanimous for something to give and something to take in return.

So, if you oppose the suggestion of arbitration, your view point is more than welcomed!!!!

Thanks to all for the feedback

best regards,
Madiha Malik
The Following User Says Thank You to MadihaMalik For This Useful Post:
theelegant444 (Friday, October 23, 2009)
Old Friday, October 23, 2009
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

fromQAU will become famous soon enoughfromQAU will become famous soon enough

now there is only one way.
to root them out.
Old Friday, October 23, 2009

SikanderHayat007 is infamous around these parts

To weed out terrorism from Pakistan.

i will second the opnions and suggestions of all.

Terrorism is the no.1 problem of pakistan.it is entirely the creation of Pakistani Army.Basically the terrorists are stupid.The should be attacking the Army whereas they are choosing soft civilian targets.We have nuclear weapons which are assets and damning the all the other resources and assets.Pakistan has no other assets than the nukes.we don't have friendly any economic,social and political assets.We are worse than a bananna republic.We have discriminatory laws.We ourselves have invited the disaster.Taliban and militancy are all but a diminutive picture of the problems besetting the country.For Pakistan every solution breeds new problem.

Long live Masayeel-istan

Regards,

Sikander
"It is said an eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him with the words, 'And this, too, shall pass away.' How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!
-Abraham Lincoln