Sunday, April 28, 2024
11:21 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, May 18, 2010

mansoor11 is on a distinguished road

@ fromQAU plz mention some more examples of national interest justifying everything from history or current scenario.
awaiting ur reply and thanks to all contributors.
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

fromQAU will become famous soon enoughfromQAU will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansoor11 View Post
@ fromQAU plz mention some more examples of national interest justifying everything from history or current scenario.
awaiting ur reply and thanks to all contributors.
Sure, why not sir; here they are:

1:-National and territorial integrity:-
No country wud ever like to compromise over itz national and territorial integrity.any such foreign intrigue or internal struggle that might threaten the country’s national and territorial integrity wud be cognized as against our national interest and the govt wud formulate policies (internal or foreign) to nip that type of any development in the bud(=contain it or root it out).for example at the moment the Indian and Russian hand in Baluchistan is considered as against our national interests and the govt announced the new package (AGHAZ-E-HAQOOQ-E-BALOCHISTAN PACKAGE) to address the grievances of the Balochi people and rescuing them from being succumbed to foreign conspiracies.this wud, in turn, serve our fundamental national interest, that is, National and Territorial Integrity.

2:-Maintenance of security and sovereignty of the state:-
All the nation-states of the world pursue such policies that aim at the short and long-term maintenance of security and sovereignty of the state. making of atom bombs and strengthening of one’s defence forces and Police is ultimately aimed at keeping one’s country secure from internal and external threats.no one country is entitled to interfere in the matters and affairs of any other country.this is how the sovereignty of the state is kept preserved.India cannot meddle with our affairs nor it can afford any confrontation with us.this is just becoz we hv secured ourselves through our competitive defence forces and nuclear technology.

3:-Development of the state into a welfare state:-
It is a matter of the national interest to all the countries to work more and more towards the happiness of their people.the government introduces annual development packages, announces increase in salaries of the government servants, launches renewed educational policies towards achieving higher literacy rate, works for the betterment of the health of the people and announces employment opportunities etc, just to develop the state into a welfare state.all the political, economic, social, cultural, educational, trade, and foreign policies ultimately aim at securing this national interest.

4:-Strong, friendly, stable and healthy relations with the neighboring countries and the world community:-
Of course everyone wants to hv good and friendly neighborhood. this ensures ur secure borders and mutual cooperation.this enables u to hv a total focus on ur internal development.and it was the absence of this friendly neighborhood that compelled our country, Pakistan, to focus on securing its borders and divert all its internal and external resources towards its defence.and we know how much this factor has affected our internal development.

Thank u sir.
i hope that this wud suffice ur demand.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fromQAU For This Useful Post:
mansoor11 (Thursday, May 20, 2010), Surmount (Tuesday, May 18, 2010)
40th CTP (IRS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 313

Riaz Ahmed Alizai has a spectacular aura aboutRiaz Ahmed Alizai has a spectacular aura about
Default Salamona

i wana add some richness to this erudite discussion,that in the name of national interest it is not justifiable to supress ur own nation,which is being done in Khyber Pakhtunkhua and Balochistan.National interest can not be justified merely to wrest anyone's right and to extend its sway over others.National interest does not set to bow down before big guns in order to allow them to take delight in crushing your own nation.National interest makes no sense,when rulers and dictators are imputed from jurisdiction of law.National interest can not be flapped up on illogical flight of thoughts,that by extending self-seeking governments one should cross bounds of morality.National interest never suggests to treat a same nation in strata. It is not National interest to sell one's daughters and citizens to other countries and to seek their satisfaction in wading in one's own heart and soul.It frets the soul that in the name of national interest we try to shroud our blunders.National interest never proposes to get innocent people killed and kidnapped without any solid reasons.
on the other hand,National interest means to serve the nation with sincere devotion and crystallized wisdom.It can be justified rather applauded when national sovereignty is regarded as National honor.It can be praised only,when things are done for the nation's welfare than international pacification.It could be appreciated,when all and sundry are treated equally before the law,when one becomes satisfied,that one's honor'property,freedom of speech and freedom from fear are being given top priority by one's rulers.National interest could hold on when statesman and politicians will give in their shifty and self-seeking motives,when law and order is given top priority,when justice is provided without any discrepancies,when resources are dolled out without any cast and creed discrimination and when all the basic rights of humanity are granted with full effect.
Old Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

KAWISH will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromQAU View Post

2:-Maintenance of security and sovereignty of the state:-
All the nation-states of the world pursue such policies that aim at the short and long-term maintenance of security and sovereignty of the state. making of atom bombs and strengthening of one’s defence forces and Police is ultimately aimed at keeping one’s country secure from internal and external threats.no one country is entitled to interfere in the matters and affairs of any other country.this is how the sovereignty of the state is kept preserved.India cannot meddle with our affairs nor it can afford any confrontation with us.this is just becoz we hv secured ourselves through our competitive defence forces and nuclear technology.

aoa to the extent countries are pursuing their resprctive interests fairly/legitamatly,their such pursuit falls under the difinition of patriotism,fair and just play, and every other justified concern be it your survival,sovereignty,security etc.
BUT as long as the topic of the discussion; "natinal interests justifies everything or not" is concerned,it calls for the need to ponder upon both;the fair as well as the foul play...in this respect you have dealt with rest of your points safely except one i.e "Maintenance of security and sovereignty of the state" well you said; "....cannot meddle with our affairs nor it can afford any confrontation with us.this is just becoz we hv secured ourselves through our competitive defence forces and nuclear technology" if you think having so and so weapons,or adopting so and so lethal defence is the guarantee of security or perfect law and order situation, then you may recall America who possess these nukes in thousands of numbers....could these lethal weapons saved her from material losses like the 9/11 attack, or from the "prominence" losses in the farm of international hatred compaign against it???
the point is its the fair play that serves the states' interests best. by developing nukes man is in dilemma and hence want to get rid of them already(efforts like START 1,START 2 are examples)
its time that we learn to adopt world friendly tactics.
regards
Old Wednesday, May 19, 2010
40th CTP (OMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 333

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWISH View Post
aoa you have dealt with rest of your points safely except one i.e "Maintenance of security and sovereignty of the state" well you said; "....cannot meddle with our affairs nor it can afford any confrontation with us.this is just becoz we hv secured ourselves through our competitive defence forces and nuclear technology" if you think having so and so weapons,or adopting so and so lethal defence is the guarantee of security or perfect law and order situation, then you may recall America who possess these nukes in thousands of numbers....could these lethal weapons saved her from material losses like the 9/11 attack, or from the "prominence" losses in the farm of international hatred compaign against it???
the point is its the fair play that serves the states' interests best. by developing nukes man is in dilemma and hence want to get rid of them already(efforts like START 1,START 2 are examples)
its time that we learn to adopt world friendly tactics.
regards

Kawish u just cud nt get what I briefly put there.u refer to America.what has happened to her?? It is secure from outside dangers and meddlesome behaviour of others. no country can afford confrontation with it. these r some terrorist organizations that hv grown to be so stronger that the world peace has received a deadening blow. moreover, the terrorist and criminal gangs and organizations hv always been there in all the countries. The deterorated law and order situation does not mean that we hv lost the sovereignty of our state. u cannot say that America has lost its sovereignty. what I meant by security and sovereignty of a state with regard to national interest is that it is in the national interest of all the countries to pursue such policies which serve their national interest. it varies from country to country as regards their capability in this regard.but goal is just one,that is, secure borders and sovereign state.

Kawish if u still need some more dabate on the topic, sure u can ask me for that.Or u may contact me on my Email ID for having live chat. I hv studied this subject in detail and I feel pleased to talk abt this.
Thanx
Old Thursday, May 20, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no

KAWISH will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromQAU View Post
Kawish u just cud nt get what I briefly put there.u refer to America.what has happened to her?? It is secure from outside dangers and meddlesome behaviour of others. no country can afford confrontation with it. these r some terrorist organizations that hv grown to be so stronger that the world peace has received a deadening blow. moreover, the terrorist and criminal gangs and organizations hv always been there in all the countries. The deterorated law and order situation does not mean that we hv lost the sovereignty of our state. u cannot say that America has lost its sovereignty. what I meant by security and sovereignty of a state with regard to national interest is that it is in the national interest of all the countries to pursue such policies which serve their national interest. it varies from country to country as regards their capability in this regard.but goal is just one,that is, secure borders and sovereign state.

Kawish if u still need some more dabate on the topic, sure u can ask me for that.Or u may contact me on my Email ID for having live chat. I hv studied this subject in detail and I feel pleased to talk abt this.
Thanx
i am getting what you are saying,and there are no disagreements at my end over the significance of soverignty of any state to its "JIYALAS".its just the way in which the security is pursued.you are saying America is safe...it might be safe apparantly... but its the most vulnerable state on earth too.and its not only few terrorists who are active against it,majority of intellectuals throughout the world,including american thinkers as well,demonise its OVERLY SELF INTERESTED POLICIES rather warn against its consequences.any one who hates america cannot be,and is not terrorist and hence wrong...
i hope i made myself clear now.
thanks
regards
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2014 - Roll no. 08592

kamran_shaikh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
Dear fellow,

Here lies the problem of perception. The people you are describing as terrorists are Mujahdeen of Islam for others. Zia took advantage of them to prolong his rule in the "National Interest" Similarly, Musharraf took advantage of the rift between USA and Mujahdeen and started the war against terrorism in the "national Interest" but his hidden agenda was his personal interest.
There is a thin line between the national interest and personal interests of the rulers and they take full advantage of it.
My brother Zia and Musharaf took advantage of this oppotunity.However, i don't think that the Zia and Musharaf were politicians.they both were dictators and came only to plundered the money .As You quoted earlier politician and streamlined them.Therefore, i said you that politicians are not badly induleged in such activities.some how they are...
Regards
40th CTP (OMG)

Exclamation excuse me all;

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamran_shaikh View Post
My brother Zia and Musharaf took advantage of this oppotunity.However, i don't think that the Zia and Musharaf were politicians.they both were dictators and came only to plundered the money .As You quoted earlier politician and streamlined them.Therefore, i said you that politicians are not badly induleged in such activities.some how they are...
Regards
Musharraf took post-9/11 decision for the sake of national interest.he did right thing at that time.he had that option to ally wid the US as a hobson's choice.if he had resisted american rage at that time, this country might hv suffered more that it has. the whole world was proffering support and assistance to the US.every1 cried that we are all americans at that time of unprecedented tension and shock.india was also trying to find out any opportunity to defang and demonise Pakistan.the decision taken by the Musharraf regime disappointed the Indians as it upset their apple carts.everything was done keeping in view the fundamental national interests.while making foreign policy and taking any significant demarche u choose only for those available options that serve u benefit in the short and long run. at that juncture, ur decisions are not determined by religion and ethics. sometimes u hv to go cutting across these boundaries.

sillent.killer will become famous soon enough

Aoa!!
please share the fully causes of such crises,,,
awaiting for reply..