Monday, May 06, 2024
05:12 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Thursday, October 28, 2010

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job
Tipu Shah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuhaibjamro View Post
sir we need to understand one simple thing this is a job recruitment test not a certified examination, no matter how much we protest on the marking scheme it wont bear any fruits for us..
well said...

we should have to understand the difference b/w degree exam and compititive exam........
Old Friday, October 29, 2010
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 Merit 36

muhammad imran sethi is on a distinguished road

ASA i agree with ur suggestion.let me also add that how ironical it is that a candidate got 93in english paper but 17 in essay in 2010 exam.IT is difficult to comprehend it,either the said candidate himself can tell what really happened or the fpsc
The Following User Says Thank You to muhammad imran sethi For This Useful Post:
usman khalid (Friday, October 29, 2010)

haniii is on a distinguished road

there is no need to create a fuss over this issue - its not even about competitive exam! i completly agree with Usman Khalid bhai because marking trend IS MAIN cause of alot of dicrepancies that we have seen in past few years - Secondly ALOTT and i mean MANYY candidates who are CSP's or who qualified the written posrtions and even ESSAY paper have pathetically poor vocabulary and their weak grammer further worsens the situation! and lets not discuss theie spoken english skills!! and yep one thing more
@ Tipu Shah No offence brother but check your grammer

Quote:
when i was appered in 2008, one of my friend also appeared, he was ACMA...
Quote:
but i didnt left the prep of Accounting my dear....
and also about the rishteydar stuff : TREND KI WAJA SAY SUM SUBJECTS FETCH AT AN AVERAGE 130+ MARKS AND YET OTHER SUBJECTS IN WHICH MARKING IS STRICT AND TREND IS BAD THEY HARDLY FETCH MORE THAN 100!! AND THUS CREATING A DIFFERENCE OF ATLSEAST 30 MARKS IN ONE SINGLE SUBJECT!! in a competitive exam where even a single mark could lead to allocation difference of 20 postions !!

@USMAN KHALID as far as i recall he had AMAZINGLY AWESOME MARKS IN ALL SUBJECTS
@ TIPU SHAH if you have any doubts here is the result of brother Usman khalid
Quote:
Muhammad Usman Khalid
Roll No: 4148

Essay: 33 (Unbeleivable) It was my best paper
Composition: 78
EDS: 60
GK: 45
Pak Affair: 43
Islamiat: 53

Sociology: 76
Journalism: 48
IR: 61
Punjabi: 81
Arabic A: 74
Arabic B: 79

Total (Including Essay): 731
Failed in essay.
and its just NOT POSSIBLE that a candidate who had score just like TOPPERS would have poor grammer, weak expression or would have insufficient knowledge about general topics which appear in essay paper!! and if you know, written english expression is VERY important to succeed in CSS; many toppers have set it as a criterion for success! therefore i would request you to think before you comment about others! and YES CSS2010 result has been very very shocking not just for ONE, TWO OR THREE candidates but FOR ALL THOSE who dint qualify!! optional subjects marking criteria should be questioned!! and we all know how we attempt papers so you should not point your fingers at people telling them that they should study harder! thats y they say that : LUCK has major role to play in CSS!

and lastly trends DO change, there ARE low and HIGH scoring subjects each year!! you should visit plenty of threads regarding scoring trends, high low marking trends etc , and then better comment!! and yep if you can justify 180 marks in islamic history last year then KINDLY justify!!ANY SANE PERSON WOULD NEVER EVER agree that in a history paper any1 can score 180 even if his/her ALL mcq's were right!! HUH - so kindly first you should know ALL facts in order to comment!!

So just relax and stop blaming ourselves. even after hardwork and alot of time energy and hopes, there are difficulties in life and thats why someone has rightly said:life is all about expecting the unexpected
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to haniii For This Useful Post:
Hamza Salick (Friday, October 29, 2010), Raz (Friday, October 29, 2010), rizvan (Saturday, October 30, 2010), Tipu Shah (Saturday, October 30, 2010), usman khalid (Friday, October 29, 2010)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 25Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,898 Times in 694 Posts
Hamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by haniii View Post
there is no need to create a fuss over this issue - its not even about competitive exam! i completly agree with Usman Khalid bhai because marking trend IS MAIN cause of alot of dicrepancies that we have seen in past few years - Secondly ALOTT and i mean MANYY candidates who are CSP's or who qualified the written posrtions and even ESSAY paper have pathetically poor vocabulary and their weak grammer further worsens the situation! and lets not discuss theie spoken english skills!! and yep one thing more
@ Tipu Shah No offence brother but check your grammer

and also about the rishteydar stuff : TREND KI WAJA SAY SUM SUBJECTS FETCH AT AN AVERAGE 130+ MARKS AND YET OTHER SUBJECTS IN WHICH MARKING IS STRICT AND TREND IS BAD THEY HARDLY FETCH MORE THAN 100!! AND THUS CREATING A DIFFERENCE OF ATLSEAST 30 MARKS IN ONE SINGLE SUBJECT!! in a competitive exam where even a single mark could lead to allocation difference of 20 postions !!

@USMAN KHALID as far as i recall he had AMAZINGLY AWESOME MARKS IN ALL SUBJECTS
@ TIPU SHAH if you have any doubts here is the result of brother Usman khalid

and its just NOT POSSIBLE that a candidate who had score just like TOPPERS would have poor grammer, weak expression or would have insufficient knowledge about general topics which appear in essay paper!! and if you know, written english expression is VERY important to succeed in CSS; many toppers have set it as a criterion for success! therefore i would request you to think before you comment about others! and YES CSS2010 result has been very very shocking not just for ONE, TWO OR THREE candidates but FOR ALL THOSE who dint qualify!! optional subjects marking criteria should be questioned!! and we all know how we attempt papers so you should not point your fingers at people telling them that they should study harder! thats y they say that : LUCK has major role to play in CSS!

and lastly trends DO change, there ARE low and HIGH scoring subjects each year!! you should visit plenty of threads regarding scoring trends, high low marking trends etc , and then better comment!! and yep if you can justify 180 marks in islamic history last year then KINDLY justify!!ANY SANE PERSON WOULD NEVER EVER agree that in a history paper any1 can score 180 even if his/her ALL mcq's were right!! HUH - so kindly first you should know ALL facts in order to comment!!

So just relax and stop blaming ourselves. even after hardwork and alot of time energy and hopes, there are difficulties in life and thats why someone has rightly said:life is all about expecting the unexpected
@hani..clappsssss!!
this is theeeeeeeeeeee mosssstttttt apt reply to childish,ignorant and illogical comments that have been made bfr...bfr carrying on the dissection of an ex@m of which they werent even a part of,ppl shud pay some heed to the plight of ppl sch as Usman khalid..I mean this m@n has given the better part of 2 yrz to CSS..luk at his m@rksheet n ull realize that this guy came to the exam impeccably prepared n wid all gunz blazing..he gets excellent m@rks in all subjects bar jrnlsm(another subject which fell prey to FPSC's bizarre policy)..gets 78 in Precise paper..then hw in dis world did he get 33 in essay paper..has he got 731 m@rks wid sch poor english,analytical skills and general knwlg dat wud fail him at essay paper???duz this m@ke even an iota of sense??I hve seen ppl wid basic knwlg n english language passing in english essay..then y dint he pass??y dint the guy who is already in IT(mind all!u need to be among top 65 in Pak to be in dis service frm Punjab)score 17 in it..17!!!!!n how are ppl who hvnt evn cleared the written portion of css rem@rking on essay writing skillz of sm1 who is among the cream of creams in Pakistan..I guess nobody of us can doubt the skills of sch a person until we get to his level..take the example of jrnlsm..the easiest paper in the history of journalism cmz out this tym..ppl get 20 mcqz rite n end up gtn 28 outta 100..ring any bellz??wat dis nonsense nonsense nonsense policy of fpsc is doin is that it is eliminating m@ny gud candidates frm competition altogether jst coz they chose those subjects which fpsc dceded to discourage this tym round....n otherz got lucky coz their chosen sbjcts lyk US history or european history dint come under fpsc's m@gical wand(which reduces the size of numberz in a paper from a genie to a frog insyd 1 year:p)..if we go by the opinion of sm of our 'worthy analysts' then it wud mean that all the ppl wid excellent english grammar tuk the 2010 paperz,while the ppl who had indian history,jrnlsm islamic history were dumbasses...cumonnnn ppl...get a grip!!the truth is bfr our eyes...sahy kehte hey..jis pe parti hey usi ko pta chalta he..hum logo pe parri hui he,only we knw wt sort of depression n fear we are..evn after clearing the written portion!this is gross injustice on the part of the fpsc n is even agst the constitution of Pakistan,as it negates the maxim of Equal rights and oppurtunities to be provided to the citizens of Pakistan..
Once again hani,excellent post...n baki log thorey hosh k nakhun lo or akal ko hath maro..!if u can write an answer to everything it dznt mean ur rite as well..this is wat I call intellectual bankruptcy that is eating our country..dont worry fpsc k be ja himayat kr k ap ko gift me seat nahy mil jayegi..tuppp charha di hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipu Shah View Post
my dear how many candidate got 180 plus in history papers????????
if you dnt mind plz tell us.........

and one thing more that... CSP "official" language is local language my brother or may be urdu....they only use to deal with English occasionally......
and
i dnt understand the mentality of the people that why people compare the score of current year with previous year....It might be possible that last year someone's arguments clicked the mind of examiner and this year candidates failed to do this....
my dear,, these are the theoritically papers my dear not numerical that you got same marks as before....and as far as accounting paper is concern, paper pattern is changed from 2008 and there is 30 number's short questions in paper A and Paper B has also have two parts for Theoritical question.. so my dear, now it is not easy to get good marks in Accounting untill and unless your concepts are not clear....
and
It does not mean that a person once passed the CSS exam, he will must pass next year again.. this is only a illusion my dear....

o bhai sahb yeh theorictical paper hai, theoritical......

haaan,, if anybody want that there should be a uniform paper marking than only one option is there that all 12 papers should be comprises of "MCQs",,,

but...... if this happened than also there will be so many people who will say that.,."oh my God... main nay to saray MCQs theek kiay thay mgr meray marks itnay kam kiyon aey"......

just be patiant yara... or just left your 15, 20 question preparation mathod and than look that how many number you will get my dear....

another dilema is this,,,,,suppose if a person opt journalism in 2009 and he secured, suppose, 75 marks, and when anybody ask him about Journalism paper that either he opt this subject or not, than you know what will be the answer of that person,,, "o yar halwa paper hai yar bus last five year k paper kr lo +60% marks aa jaen gay yar and what happened next... the aspirant of 2010 opt the journalism and start craming that 15, 20 questioin....or jub paper hotay hain result ata hai to janab je marks aatay hain 20, 30 to phir rona start.... ye fpsc waloo nay bura kiya, last year itnay number diay, iss dfa ziyadti ke hai and what not and what not........ but they dont give any slight view to their prep. that how much they prepared for this exam.....?

My dear stop blamming FPSC and accept your weakness and try to cover it and get good marks and become a CSP...........
mohtaram..pehle jaa k zra journalism 2010 ka paper dekho k kitna 'analytical n understanding based' paper hey..us k sb Mcqz repeated ones hein..compare 2009 n 2010 papers..any sane person wud deduce dat if 2009 was scoring then 2010 shud be ultra scoring..I have passed written but I fear that the examiner wud hve gvn me 50,55 m@rks in it..although I knw I did the paper exceptionally well..n wen I say it I mean it..I knw for a fact that if I wrote 12 pages per question I dint write nonsense..n bfr u tell me that I need gud prep or sumthing let me tell u my credentials..'A' grade in O level English,IELTS band 8 in english(so u cant tell me my english iznt gud)..World Top in O'level Pak stdiz,All Pakistan quiz Champion 2 times(so my Pak Affrz n Current affrz rnt crap either)..n I was apponted coordinator plus instructor for CSS at a reputed akdmy like KIPS ahead of m@ny CSP's coz I knew my stuff...n I am sure if Usman n Hanii come out with there credentials n achievements they ll be no less...so please..stop questioning other pplz ability n prep..coz as hanii said..we knw wat we r m@de of n we knw hw we attempted the paperz...if the failed candidates are disappointed then passed 1z are anxious as hell...so plz stop rubbing salt 2 our wounds..

Last edited by Princess Royal; Friday, October 29, 2010 at 09:02 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hamza Salick For This Useful Post:
Tipu Shah (Saturday, October 30, 2010), usman khalid (Friday, October 29, 2010)
38th CTP (OMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  339

dr abbasi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipu Shah View Post
my dear how many candidate got 180 plus in history papers????????
if you dnt mind plz tell us.........

and one thing more that... CSP "official" language is local language my brother or may be urdu....they only use to deal with English occasionally......
and
i dnt understand the mentality of the people that why people compare the score of current year with previous year....It might be possible that last year someone's arguments clicked the mind of examiner and this year candidates failed to do this....
my dear,, these are the theoritically papers my dear not numerical that you got same marks as before....and as far as accounting paper is concern, paper pattern is changed from 2008 and there is 30 number's short questions in paper A and Paper B has also have two parts for Theoritical question.. so my dear, now it is not easy to get good marks in Accounting untill and unless your concepts are not clear....
and
It does not mean that a person once passed the CSS exam, he will must pass next year again.. this is only a illusion my dear....

o bhai sahb yeh theorictical paper hai, theoritical......

haaan,, if anybody want that there should be a uniform paper marking than only one option is there that all 12 papers should be comprises of "MCQs",,,

but...... if this happened than also there will be so many people who will say that.,."oh my God... main nay to saray MCQs theek kiay thay mgr meray marks itnay kam kiyon aey"......

just be patiant yara... or just left your 15, 20 question preparation mathod and than look that how many number you will get my dear....

another dilema is this,,,,,suppose if a person opt journalism in 2009 and he secured, suppose, 75 marks, and when anybody ask him about Journalism paper that either he opt this subject or not, than you know what will be the answer of that person,,, "o yar halwa paper hai yar bus last five year k paper kr lo +60% marks aa jaen gay yar and what happened next... the aspirant of 2010 opt the journalism and start craming that 15, 20 questioin....or jub paper hotay hain result ata hai to janab je marks aatay hain 20, 30 to phir rona start.... ye fpsc waloo nay bura kiya, last year itnay number diay, iss dfa ziyadti ke hai and what not and what not........ but they dont give any slight view to their prep. that how much they prepared for this exam.....?

My dear stop blamming FPSC and accept your weakness and try to cover it and get good marks and become a CSP...........
i agree with you but make me understand that, why a candidate after studying one more year is getting less marks in his 2nd attempt?
and i demanded a simple rule that all subjects should be treated alike. when ISLAMIC HISTORY gave unbelievable marks in css 2009, all candidate opted it in 2010 and most of them have failed in aggreegate b'coz they have been beaten in islamic history.
and i accept that equality can only be maintaind in MCQ'S but is it possible that there could be diffirence of nearly hundred marks in subjective assesment of papers? a diffirence of maximum 20 marks is acceptable but this is beyond my understanding!

axsim is on a distinguished road
We should be only dedicated and concerned to our preparations for 2011. These things (a letter in Dawn) will not built any sort of pressure on FPSC. Such things exists since I believe CSS had started thats why only it is called competitive exam !! Its your Hardwork that can only come up to the examiner. else it depends on Allah. If He want you to be a CSP definitely you'll be!! So work hard and pray to GOD.

rgds
Asim

Smile @ hamza_salick thnx

well i did my o levels and alvels and i have scored A in english at both levels - secondly i have studied many optional subjects even before i ended with my batchlers!! i was 100% scholarship holder from one of the best schools in lahore! In my university i had outstanding marks in almost all subjects - i have given SAT 1, SAT 2 in physics and maths and i scored 740+ in both out of 800!! i gave GRE and i have amazing scores both in english - i gave CSS2010 but unfortunately i could not make it ! i had islamic history and journalism- i dint fail in any compulsory, i failed cuz of aggregate! but i have firm faith in almighty allah! thats y they say: If allah gives us something he is increasing our faith, if allah delays something he is increasing our patience and if he duzun realli gives us anything than he knows that we can handel !! and though i have failed but i KNOW its injustice not just with me but with a lott of aspiring cadidates who had very high hopes!!

and let me be very clear that there are very FEW CSS aspirants who have very good educational background! i am not saying that students from top schools are brilliant, all i am trying to is: educational standard makes huge difference not only in terms of personality grooming but also our logical, analytical approach towards alot of things in life, studying from best teachers most of whom are foreign qualified from world's top notch universties creates HUGE difference - local educational system appreciates and enhances CRAMMING, leading to officers with no brains! do u know why soo many people failed in ISLAMIAT?? because 90% students who appear in CSS are from not-so-good educational background and therefore they are more prone towards cramming leading to limited thinking and poor analytical approach - i scored well in islamiat though i dint write single ahadith and i attempted in english - reason: i have neva crammed stuff and i wrote logically, what i thought was right and i passed! in Essay paper i attempted: Dialoque is best course to combat terrorism. i TOTALLY negated it and i had my reasons and logics, and i passed essay!! so plz stop leacturing ppl!!
MANY PPL WHO DINT QUALIFY ARE MUCH TALENTED AND WORTHY ENUF TO BE CSP'S and inshALLAH all those who studied hard would sooner or later get their desired group provided they have full faith in allah.

@ tipu shah GO TO CSA, and look at sum CSP's , many are not even worth it! no doubt CSS is a competitive exam but it duzun MEAN THAT IT IS FAIR EXAM ASWELL!! huh - a student who had 145 in psychology last year scored 102 this year - this just cant be possible considering psychology is a science subject!! therefore EVERY year MANY exceotionally brilliant students flunk because of UNFAIR, UNJUST and FLAWED marking criterion of FPSC just like brother usman khalid!
and aik aur baat, leaving all CSS debate aside, mannerism naam ki aik cheeze hoti hai - aik banda pehlay hi itna upset ho apnay result say and ooper say agar log usay yeh kahain that study hard bla bla, then i personally kon the other person is either mentally retarted or he/she is just making fun of some one
@ tipu shahaik insaan honay kay natay kia feelings and emotions ko understand kartay ho kia ap?? i doubt it!! agar thora sa bhi ehsas hota na to yeh baat mat boltay!! agar ap hamari jaga hotay tou?
and lastly allah ki zaat pay bharosa hona chahiyay, mera iman hai kay jo bhi cheez apnay sachay dil say maangi ho woh zarooor milti hai - sometimes allah tests our faith and allah apnay piyaro say hi imtihan aur azmaish laita hai - allah's love for us is more than love of 70 mother's and he can never see tears in our eyes! agar koi cheeze buhatt mehnat kay baad bhi wer dun get then allah nay life mai agay hamaray liay kuch buhattt behtar rakha hota hai jo shayad hum deserve bhi na kartay hoon! warn ais duniya kay baad bhi aik duniya hai ! HUH so STOP giving lectures to ppl - even toppers of CSS are not always right let ANY1 be aside!
i hope i have been blunt enuf to make ANY1 understand my point!

@ hamza_salick
thnx for the argumentation, they are ALL very valid points - i second whatever you said ! and dun worry about result, inshALLAH evrything will be OK - just have faith in allah and keep ur fingers crossed!
@ Usman khalid just dont lose hope : hope is buoy of life
the darkest of clous have the silver linning - i know allah is testing your faith, inshALLAH u ll get what you want, just pray allah and apnay ap pay bharosa rakho.
The Following User Says Thank You to haniii For This Useful Post:
usman khalid (Friday, October 29, 2010)
44th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2015 - Merit 160Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,161 Times in 660 Posts
courageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by usman khalid View Post
FPSC policy is really contadicting its own standards... A candidate who is already serving in income tax group scored 93 in composition and 17 in essay... what does it mean??? After serving five year in civil service, his english has so much worsoned that he even could not pass essay paper... while he has scored exceptionally in all other papers...
I dare disagree with you here. Essay is not just a collection of brilliant English and vocabulary. Essay has to be thoughtful and must follow a plan. Its like constuction of a building. For example, I remember, that during my Masters our beloved teacher. Col (R) Muzzaffar asked us to write the outline for the Essay Beggary. We wrote it down according to our thought. But none among us was able to satisfy him. We all had discussed poverty, joblessness, and other reasons like these to be the primary reasons of Beggary. He said, none of these were the real reasons of Beggary, according to him when a person willingly surrenders his self-esteem, he is all well to beg.

So maybe the language was excellent but the plan wasn'e upto the mark.

Regards
Kamran (Friday, October 29, 2010)
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 22Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2012

Thanked 2,147 Times in 983 Posts
usman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant futureusman khalid has a brilliant future

@Hamza_salick86

Thanks for your good words. INSHALLAH you will succeed with flying colors!

@Haniii

Thanks for your good words.

I am really impressed to see the educational background of both of you. Brother Haniii, I am really sensing your brilliant success!!! May ALLAH bless us success in all the exams of this world and the hereafter.

As far as my educational background and professional career is concerned, I did matric from faisalabad (obtained 714/850 marks). I did I.C.S. from Government College, Lahore. (scored 5th position in lahore board in computer science group 882/1100 marks), then I did B.S.(Hons) from Punjab University (GPA 3.78/4.00), Currently, I am doing MBA from IBA, Karachi. I served as IT engineer at Abacus Consulting, Pakistan, MCB Bank Ltd. Now a days, I am working as an Assistant Director at State Bank of Pakistan, Karachi.

Smile @ usman khalid

thanks for your kind words - AND i am a gurl :p not guy and i am impressed after reading your credentials - hats off to u - i guess i stand nowhr infront of marks you obtained and keeping in view your background. waisay i dunno what will happen in cuming exam but just hope for best and i dunno what made u day that you can sense brilliant success?? i wna know