Monday, April 29, 2024
12:38 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, November 06, 2010

polaris will become famous soon enoughpolaris will become famous soon enough
Default Lets share some thoughts

Electronic media, today, almost evry tv channel, kpt airing all day the full coverage of Dr Imran Farooq's funeral... janaza namaz n burial ceremony thingy..

Before dr saab wasn't murdered, i, a layman, nvr knew whether he existed too... did he has any contribution towards the building of country or its people except for few ppl of his party..?? did he really needed tht hype of media coverage at the time when hundred of innocent people have died in various incidents of mosque bombing and JS-Air plane crash...

why media is not depicting n airing the funerals n sad times of those innocents losing their lives evry week n month... evryday soldiers r losing their lives in fight against terrorists.. did u see any armed soldier's funeral being covered by media so vastly..???

guys i aint against dr saab.. as a human i also feel sad for his departure n extend my condolences to his family bt honestly i feel far more sad on departure of all those innocents who're departing evryday at the hands of terrorism bt are not sung n heard in the voices of media..

alas our media is sooo off track.
The Following User Says Thank You to polaris For This Useful Post:
Sumren Shah (Saturday, November 06, 2010)
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,480 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris View Post
Electronic media, today, almost evry tv channel, kpt airing all day the full coverage of Dr Imran Farooq's funeral... janaza namaz n burial ceremony thingy..

Before dr saab wasn't murdered, i, a layman, nvr knew whether he existed too... did he has any contribution towards the building of country or its people except for few ppl of his party..?? did he really needed tht hype of media coverage at the time when hundred of innocent people have died in various incidents of mosque bombing and JS-Air plane crash...

why media is not depicting n airing the funerals n sad times of those innocents losing their lives evry week n month... evryday soldiers r losing their lives in fight against terrorists.. did u see any armed soldier's funeral being covered by media so vastly..???

guys i aint against dr saab.. as a human i also feel sad for his departure n extend my condolences to his family bt honestly i feel far more sad on departure of all those innocents who're departing evryday at the hands of terrorism bt are not sung n heard in the voices of media..

alas our media is sooo off track.
You have indeed raised a valid discussion.

Hardly anyone other than those deeply engrossed in country politics since nineties or even before and are now either veteran columnists or political analyst and experts know about late Dr. Imran Farooq.

I, for one, came to know few things about him posthumously which I would like to share here.

Late Dr. Imran Farooq was amongst the founding members of MQM in its current fashion after it was rechristened to 'Muttahida' from 'Muhajir' as the abbreviation of its first letter 'M'. Rest 'QM' remains same till today i.e Qaumi Movement.

He was working as convener of the party before his death.

He was amongst the closest aides of current chairman of MQM. The two had fled to London in a self exile in 1991-92 after a crackdown was initiated against the party owing to some ethnic and linguistic riots in Urban Sindh.

The two were living in proximity in London and the rumour has it that the assault on him was orchestrated involving someone from the aides.

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job
Tipu Shah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmax View Post
You have indeed raised a valid discussion.

Hardly anyone other than those deeply engrossed in country politics since nineties or even before and are now either veteran columnists or political analyst and experts know about late Dr. Imran Farooq.

I, for one, came to know few things about him posthumously which I would like to share here.

Late Dr. Imran Farooq was amongst the founding members of MQM in its current fashion after it was rechristened to 'Muttahida' from 'Muhajir' as the abbreviation of its first letter 'M'. Rest 'QM' remains same till today i.e Qaumi Movement.

He was working as convener of the party before his death.

He was amongst the closest aides of current chairman of MQM. The two had fled to London in a self exile in 1991-92 after a crackdown was initiated against the party owing to some ethnic and linguistic riots in Urban Sindh.

The two were living in proximity in London and the rumour has it that the assault on him was orchestrated involving someone from the aides.
Is his profile give him so much importance that our media give hours of coverage for his funeral.???????

I seconded polaris that our media is really de-tracked media. Everywhere media is spreading awarness and knowledge and we dont understand that what our media is doing except criticizing the Govt. and giving imortance to unnecessary events........
polaris (Saturday, November 06, 2010)

Sumren Shah is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipu Shah View Post
Is his profile give him so much importance that our media give hours of coverage for his funeral.???????

I seconded polaris that our media is really de-tracked media. Everywhere media is spreading awarness and knowledge and we dont understand that what our media is doing except criticizing the Govt. and giving imortance to unnecessary events........
its all because its "OUR MEDIA".Pakista's medai.They only have intrest in spreading the "USEFUL AWARENESS & KNOWLEDGE"that Pakistan Govt is de-tracked,its not only but to go to its end now.these are the VERY MPORTENT ISSUES in view of our media.Our media don't want to spread n show the common ppl problem, thier fundamental need, their neccesties as these are not as much important as the other Govt n Opposition Isues n crruption.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sumren Shah For This Useful Post:
Tipu Shah (Saturday, November 06, 2010)

Location: Jhang my Birth Place, Multan & Lahore My Study Places, Now in Dubai doing Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumren Shah View Post
its all because its "OUR MEDIA".Pakista's medai.They only have intrest in spreading the "USEFUL AWARENESS & KNOWLEDGE"that Pakistan Govt is de-tracked,its not only but to go to its end now.these are the VERY MPORTENT ISSUES in view of our media.Our media don't want to spread n show the common ppl problem, thier fundamental need, their neccesties as these are not as much important as the other Govt n Opposition Isues n crruption.
Few days back marriag of Sania and Shoaib also got such type senseless coverage by our media........

Dont know why people considering our media as infotainment...???
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 73Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,480 Times in 622 Posts
redmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud ofredmax has much to be proud of
Default @ Polaris & Tipu

I didnt comment about media's supposed marriage with creating several hypes in the society because it is something very known to every laymen out there. It would be diligent and appreciable if we specify what type of media and which media personnel and/or their representative organizations are abusing the true spirit of media's code of conduct. From social to political, sports to economy, almost every issue is exaggerated to the extent that an ordinary viewer/reader who does not question its authenticity is taken aback. Hardly 1-2% assiduous viewership/readership tries to verify the statistics and other data presented by our media. I believe in responsible media and a carte blanche extended towards them after the civil movement during last regime is dangerous for the future credibility of media itself. Media should be held accountable inasmuch as it is responsible for misleading the men in streets.
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Sociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to allSociologist PU is a name known to all

The posters above seems to be so innocent. (hahaha. kidding) Perhapes they dont know that every channel has an office in Karachi and they have to maintain their presence in Karachi and if they will not cover this event as desired by "them" they can face the music. Everybody should have known by now that ...... Might is Right in Karachi. And everybody should also have known by now that who is mighty in Karachi. The mighty get the coverage as they desire. Ask any journlist in private and s/he will tell you the truth.
Czar
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,064 Times in 1,854 Posts
Arain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant futureArain007 has a brilliant future
Thumbs down

If Pakistani media is educated truly then they don't do such senseless activities.....
All channels are busy to make numbers.
Tomorrow they will be telling that " Our channel is the first one who cover this from airport to grave.".......

Whats this..... is it depict good thing?????

IS there not any single person in media who take responsibility to teach them what is more important.............

rage is on a distinguished road

Our media is no doubt detracked but it is not the only institution that is getting irresponsible.
Some might argue that we keep blaming our government and our system all the time, but isn't it better to criticize our faults before others pinpoint it and make out fun?
Of course it'll take a long time to eradicate such deep rooted corruption from our thoughts and behaviours before we can better assume our individual and national duties, but where to start from?
Can we do something on our part to help this predicament in our country?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociologist PU View Post
The posters above seems to be so innocent. (hahaha. kidding) Perhapes they dont know that every channel has an office in Karachi and they have to maintain their presence in Karachi and if they will not cover this event as desired by "them" they can face the music. Everybody should have known by now that ...... Might is Right in Karachi. And everybody should also have known by now that who is mighty in Karachi. The mighty get the coverage as they desire. Ask any journlist in private and s/he will tell you the truth.
than why everybody is saying that Media is Free......

and

who was might in right in Sania Shoaib Marriage????

Actually this is sensless media throughing us in an uncertain world......