Monday, May 13, 2024
12:30 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Friday, November 26, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

New Student has a spectacular aura aboutNew Student has a spectacular aura about

Muslims bias is another cause of blasphemy. A similar kind of incident took place few years back with me. In our village there is a natural pond and people use to swim there. One day I saw people gathered at pond. I also get there and seen that there were two christian boys sorrounded by muslims. I asked what has happened. One man said that these are christians and want to swim here with muslims, but they are "na pak" so they can't swim with muslims. I was astonished and asked people that why you are not allowing them, if you dont allow them to swim near you, then how can you give them the message of Islam. At that time I was only one muslim standing by them and all people were against. So both decided to go away. If at that time they uttered some words about Islam, I know people would have killed them.

I dont know what Islam says about such incidents when muslims are calling non-muslims as "na pak" in front of all people and dont allow them to public places and if they say some bad words about Islam or Muhammad (SAW)? Is there any Islamic law about such incidents?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to New Student For This Useful Post:
Ahmed_2007_Cool (Sunday, November 28, 2010), kashifilyas (Monday, December 27, 2010)
Old Friday, November 26, 2010
39th CTP (PSP)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 222

floydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to allfloydian is a name known to all

One of the core reasons a society legislates and bind itself within the confine of laws is to discipline its response towards a certain crime. In other words society not only tries to prevent a crime from happening by imposition of law but it also prevents the retaliation of the wronged when a crime is committed against him. Thus societies impose laws to establish order. What good is a law when it cannot deliver justice? Nothing creates more disorder than the injustice. Injustice breeds hate, not only for the perpetrators of the injustice but also for the system itself, even if the system has nothing to do with the plight of the victim.

Blasphemy law thus gives de facto powers to the incompetent, corrupt and unrepresentative state machinery, if not clergy, at par with the powers that church once had, in Europe, in the Middle Ages. The injustices perpetrated by Christian clergy and thus state resulted in the rebellion of the people from the religion and eventually its expulsion from the affairs of the state. Why the laws of nature be any different for Muslims. If we keep on perpetrating injustice, in the name of religion, our fate will not be different from that of Christians of Europe. If as a society and a state we cannot get our act together then it is better to put a moratorium on death penalty until we do. We will be in bigger trouble than rampant apostasy and blasphemy if we keep our prejudices overrule justice. By committing injustice we are not proving that we have real love for our Prophet but we are only proving that we are neither capable nor worthy of protecting the honor of our Prophet (pbuh) and we are only catering to our prejudices and serving our false egos. When we are so unjust in the matters of Allah and his Prophet, what can we expect of ourselves in the matters between each other.

While the critics and opponents of Islam criticize blasphemy law for all the wrong reasons, we must come forth and at least put a moratorium on death penalty for all the right reasons. Please keep in mind that second righteous Caliph Omar imposed a moratorium on the Hudd of amputation for theft (which is stipulated explicitly by Allah) during the drought and famine in Egypt.

regards,
floydian
Ahmed_2007_Cool (Sunday, November 28, 2010), kashifilyas (Monday, December 27, 2010)
Old Sunday, November 28, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

hafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nicehafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nicehafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nicehafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nicehafiz ishtiaq ahmad is just really nice
Default an informative site among blasphemy

check this link

http://blasphemy.com/blasphemy-in-islam.html

Ahmed_2007_Cool will become famous soon enough

There is a clear distinction between those who have cleared the CSS exams and those who have not as far as this discussion is concerned. I'm glad we have people like Floydian, Saad and Omar.

When the founder of the nation said that we will not be a theocracy, why do we have such laws?

Would Mr. Jinnah, the Quaid-e-Azam, condone such barbaric practices? Yesterday, a group of clerics threatened to block the GT-road. They want blood. All of this reminds me of the Catholic inquisitions of Europe.

Muslims should realize that if we execute critics of Islam, what message are we sending to the rest of the world? How are we portraying our religion and mentality to them?

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Blasphemy Law

Arundhati Roy committed blasphemy of another kind when she asked the Americans to reconsider their alliance with India without resolving the Kashmir issue in accordance with the wishes of the Kashmiri people. Earlier she had upset many Indians when she claimed that Kashmir was not an integral part of India, a statement that had every gung-ho Indian, those Oscar Wilde’s vicious patriots and there are about a billion of them, baying for her blood, proving that India is and will remain an intolerant society for some time to come.

Well, taking inspiration from her, Pakistanis should also ask President Obama why his government continues to aid a government and a country that continues to trample on the rights of its own people. No I am not talking about India. I am talking about Pakistan, where the state continues to persecute religious minorities by using a law that cannot be justified on any grounds, whether democracy or Islam. In my previous article I briefly touched on the issue of the Blasphemy Law and the verdict against the Christian woman, a mother of five, who was beaten up and then handed over to the police. It is likely that she will get a presidential pardon. That however is not enough. In the process Pakistan has been humiliated for the umpteenth time simply because we want to appease the mullahs as we have done so consistently since 1949, who in any event have declared a war on Pakistan. I had predicted this much in my article.

So when Obama says “we will act if Pakistan is unwilling or unable to act”, he should walk the walk as well. Nothing will cripple the terrorists more decisively than a tolerant, moderate and democratic Pakistan that respects human rights and treats all its citizens equally. No victory would be permanent if such a Pakistan is not achieved. President Obama, the US, the IMF, the World Bank and the entire western world should immediately stop assisting Pakistan in every field from humanitarian aid to military aid till Pakistan puts its house in order. Being a signatory and having ratified the International Convention on Political and Civil Rights, Pakistan is bound by international law and its own constitution to provide all its citizens the right to life and liberty and religious belief unconditionally.

I do not favour arguments referring to religious interpretation, but our Blasphemy Law is untenable even from an Islamic angle. There is nothing in the Holy Quran or even the Hadith that definitively prescribes such a Blasphemy Law. On the contrary we have a clear example set by the Holy Prophet (PBUH) when he forgave his worst enemies and offenders like Hinda. Almost everyone knows the story of the old woman who would throw garbage daily on the path that the Holy Prophet (PBUH) took. When she fell ill, the Holy Prophet (PBUH) went to visit her and nursed her back to health. Less known is the story of another old woman who the Holy Prophet (PBUH) helped by carrying wood to her house. Along the way, not knowing the identity of her helper, she began to speak about the “trouble maker” of Makkah. It was only after their journey was at an end that the Holy Prophet (PBUH) told her that he was the same Muhammad (PBUH) she had spent the greater part of the journey abusing. This was the Holy Prophet’s (PBUH) character. This is why he is referred to as Rahmatul-lil-Alameen or the mercy for all worlds.

Islamic law and jurisprudence is derived from four sources, known as the Usul-ul-Fiqh (fundamentals of the law), i.e. the Holy Quran, the Sunnah, Qiyas (analogy) and Ijma (consensus). The Holy Quran is silent on the issue of blasphemy. The Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) seems to suggest the exact opposite. By using Qiyas, one can only conclude that the Blasphemy Law is patently un-Islamic and there is no Ijmah or consensus amongst the scholars of Islam on the punishment of blasphemy.

Islamic civilisation has a rich history of not only tolerating but even celebrating dissent. Needless to say some of the greatest scientists in Islamic history, Al Razi, the father of medicine, and Avicenna, would have been lynched many times over had Islam actually favoured a Blasphemy Law as is currently on the statute books of Pakistan. I am told that our local textbooks on science all have a chapter on the achievements of Muslim scientists and the contribution of Islamic civilisation to science and enlightenment of humanity. It is forgotten that this was achieved by a culture of tolerance, acceptance and openness. In my last column, I quoted the founder of this nation as stating as clearly as possible that bona fide criticisms and investigations into religion must be protected and safeguarded from any Blasphemy Law. So must be the fundamental rights of life, liberty and religious belief.

A nation is its laws ultimately. The intolerance permeating down to every segment of our society is the direct result of the laws that evade common sense and logic. It is therefore time to repeal the Blasphemy Law.

http://www.thepersecution.org/news/10/dtp1122.html
Old Monday, November 29, 2010
40th CTP (IRS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 313

Riaz Ahmed Alizai has a spectacular aura aboutRiaz Ahmed Alizai has a spectacular aura about
Default Wash Aathke

go through this link.A brilliant explication of the matter in question.

http://www.jang.com.pk/jang/nov2010-...-2010/col7.htm
sweetPakistan (Thursday, December 02, 2010), white leopard (Monday, November 29, 2010)
Old Monday, November 29, 2010

I don't know about Ibn Sina (Avicenna) but Al-Razi was an ardent atheist of his time. The Khalifa in Baghdad tolerated him and so did his clerics. However, a person with his beliefs today would be called an apostate and a blasphemer and would be either killed through the judicial process or lynched by a Sialkot-style mob.

That is why Muslims back then were ruling the rest of the world and that is precisely why the rest of the world is ruling Muslims nowadays.
Old Tuesday, November 30, 2010

white leopard will become famous soon enoughwhite leopard will become famous soon enough
I don't care what is law in other countries
I don't care what human rights are
I don't care what freedom of speech is

Anyone who bark about Muhammad(PBUH), should be slaughter.
Someone said Islam is a religion of peace. Then why the punishment in Islam is so harsh. Islam is a religion of peace to individual level but when it comes to society or religion there is no forgiveness.
The Following User Says Thank You to white leopard For This Useful Post:
Last Island (Tuesday, November 30, 2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by white leopard View Post
Anyone who bark about Muhammad(PBUH), should be slaughter.
So anyone who says anything bad about the person who was sent as a mercy to mankind (21:107) by the Rab who is Oft-Forgiving and Most Merciful (57:28) should be mercilessly put to death?

If someone utters negative thoughts about our Prophet (PBUH), I will feel as though I have been personally insulted with the harshest of words. However, I can never "slaughter" anyone for what they say, no matter what. It is against my moral values. Only people who have week Emaan (faith) would want to silence those that question their faith.

The internet (Youtube, Facebook, Blogspot, Google, etc) is full of material that not only sometimes intellectually critical of Islam but also openly mocks it sometimes. If the blasphemy law is applied then we will have to sentence to death in absentia hundreds of thousands of people, if not more than a million. And if they ever land in Pakistan, we'll have to arrest them from the airport them and take them to jail to be confined and executed.

The Quaid-e-Azam made this country for us so that we, the minority in India, would not be persecuted. He didn't make a country for us so that when we become the majority, we start persecuting our minorities.

white leopard will become famous soon enoughwhite leopard will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_2007_Cool View Post
If someone utters negative thoughts about our Prophet (PBUH), I will feel as though I have been personally insulted with the harshest of words. However, I can never "slaughter" anyone for what they say, no matter what. It is against my moral values. Only people who have week Emaan (faith) would want to silence those that question their faith.

The Quaid-e-Azam made this country for us so that we, the minority in India, would not be persecuted. He didn't make a country for us so that when we become the majority, we start persecuting our minorities.
For making decisions in religious matters our first guidance is Quran and Sunnah.
Second guidance comes from sahaba. And in both of these we found a lot of examples regarding this situation. Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) himself send a sahbi to kill a jew of khabir who used to "Bark" like these people does today.
So if you don't know about these its your lack of knowledge.

We get this country because we want to practice Islam freely if we want to live in liberal state there was no need to get separated. If we don't get separated then 550 millions(In sub-continent) Muslims is not a small figure while there is 800 millions Hindu resides in India.
The Following User Says Thank You to white leopard For This Useful Post:
sweetPakistan (Thursday, December 02, 2010)
Closed Thread