Monday, April 29, 2024
01:15 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, March 21, 2011

serene syeda! is on a distinguished road
Default Pakistan and corruption

hey everyone i got to write a debate on this topic... im very confuse wheather to speak in favour of the topic or against it help me with some authentic points

"We are not a Corrupt Nation" how will u defend this statement?
40th CTP (PG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 664

striver will become famous soon enoughstriver will become famous soon enough

The notion of Corrupt nation should not be mistaken for corrupt people comprising a nation. OFcourse, for people, the idea of corruption is almost always monetory unless explicitly stated moral corruption. The standards for corruption in nation may be different. History bears witness that whenever national pride has been at stake, our nation has united under the green flag and stood up for the national interest and in that we have paradoxically been rather honest/incorrupt. We have not been corrupt in nationalism.
You can then quote and fit many a cases like Aafia Siddiqui, Chief Justice, Drone attacks. You can even begin from 'two nation theory' and explain how we have been honest in our nationalism.

Anyhow, I am not very good at debates and I dont really agree with what I have said above lol .. but it should serve as a good improvise.

All the Best~
The Following User Says Thank You to striver For This Useful Post:
serene syeda! (Wednesday, March 23, 2011)
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

"Nations are born in the minds of poets;they are destroyed in the hands of politicians"

Few black sheep are corrupt not the whole nation.We are a nation who stood united to support truth;we are a nation who strengthened its judiciary to eradicate corruption;We are a nation who cemented the foundation of freedom of speech to refine the country from corrupt pollutants.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farrah Zafar For This Useful Post:
Miss khoso (Tuesday, March 22, 2011), serene syeda! (Wednesday, March 23, 2011)

Fortune will become famous soon enough
Default corruption

corruption is a vague as well as vogue term simultaneously. It is a state of mind be it a moral or financial corruption. Moreover, there is no yardstik through extensive degree of corruption can bemeasured. For those who are responsible for its eradication are more amenable to corruption. This is chiefly due to the fact that they control means to access corruption. It is prevalent in alomst all sectors in general and goverment sectors in particular. Present lash against corrupt people has revealed that politicians, high-ups and such other are profoundly invloved in corrupt activities.

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Zafar View Post
"Nations are born in the minds of poets;they are destroyed in the hands of politicians"

Few black sheep are corrupt not the whole nation.
I am sorry dear but black sheep are not few, 95% of the people are corrupt while the 5% are waiting for a chance of corruption. Of course, I can be wrong. But That's my observation, you and everyone else reserves the right to disagree.

Quote:
We are a nation who stood united to support truth;we are a nation who strengthened its judiciary to eradicate corruption;
And did we succeeded? Is corruption eradicated? Why was CJ quiet when raymond davis was freed? Why he didn't trialed raymond davis for spying ? What practical actions did he took against the drone attacks ? What practical actions has he taken against corruption ? What benefit did the common man received with his restoration ? Please don't say he invoked some cases and blah blah .. I am really sad why I went all the way from peshawar to lahore for supporting and participating in long march .. Really, I regret it now :/

Quote:
We are a nation who cemented the foundation of freedom of speech to refine the country from corrupt pollutants.
Freedom of speech is the freedom to speak freely without censorship. In practice, the right to freedom of speech is not absolute in any country and the right is commonly subject to limitations, such as on "hate speech".

SOURCE : WIKIPEDIA

In the light of the above, we can say that no country on earth practices freedom of speech as it is not practically possible

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Monday, March 21, 2011 at 09:49 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mukt For This Useful Post:
serene syeda! (Wednesday, March 23, 2011), Waqar Abro (Tuesday, March 22, 2011)

Thanked 1,356 Times in 719 Posts
unsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to beholdunsolved_Mystery is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukt View Post
I am sorry dear but black sheep are not few, 95% of the people are corrupt while the 5% are waiting for a chance of corruption. Of course, I can be wrong. But That's my observation, you and everyone else reserves the right to disagree.
100% agreed. More than 95% are corrupt in their field of job, in their personal lives etc. Rest seem "Sharif" but they are kind of Sharif jo chup bethay hain aur un ka bas nahi chalta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukt View Post

And did we succeeded? Is corruption eradicated? Why was CJ quiet when raymond davis was freed? Why he didn't trialed raymond davis for spying ? What practical actions did he took against the drone attacks ? What practical actions has he taken against corruption ? What benefit did the common man received with his restoration ? Please don't say he invoked some cases and blah blah .. I am really sad why I went all the way from peshawar to lahore for supporting and participating in long march .. Really, I regret it now :/
Right. I dont know why people praise CJ for his "pick & choose" suo motos. These all the upper echelons of the institutions and society are corrupt.
Miss khoso (Tuesday, March 22, 2011), serene syeda! (Wednesday, March 23, 2011)
Old Tuesday, March 22, 2011

ADORABLE22 is on a distinguished road

corruption n pakistan relation is like body n soul...

muhammad_essa is on a distinguished road
Default we are not a corrupt nation

the question is so simple... we can easily state that we are not a corrupt nation but to defend and prove this statement is not only difficult for everybody but seem to be impossible for some of the most smart and intelligent officers and politicians... most of the pakistani society is illeterate or to say educated illeterate... they can be easily exploited by smart people... if we further explore deep into society.... most of us belive in myths, first impuls of the heart, and to say more, we are irrational... but then we claim that we are not a corrupt nation...

what i think, instead we are in conflict... conflict in a sense, when you ask somebody the question whether you are corropt he will definitely defend himself and will inspire you by giving examples of his day today life, if you are not satisfied he will quote from the life of Sahaba (R.A.)... the thing is everyone in pakistan is exhausted of this curruption... but again when it comes to defend our personal or family life, partisan or ethinic life... etc... we become biased towards others....then we justify ourselves by giving machiavellian examples that i did so and so because the other group did so and so..... so what i think we are not a corruption nation, but there is a mis understanding in the whole society.... unless we put aside all our so called differences, and controle extravaganza life, start beliving in merit not favouratism and nepotism.... we will be blamed as corrupt nation... and sham on the few who has doubed us a corrupt nation...

"intellectuals solve problems genius prevent them" Albert Einstein.
The Following User Says Thank You to muhammad_essa For This Useful Post:
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: 2011Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Rixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really niceRixwan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene syeda! View Post
hey everyone i got to write a debate on this topic... im very confuse wheather to speak in favour of the topic or against it help me with some authentic points

"We are not a Corrupt Nation" how will u defend this statement?
I suggest you to read the article of Jawed Chaudhry Qaum to buri nahin this is his old article, you can find that in his book Zero point 1, I was searching that on net but unfortunately didnt get it...it will help you in formulating your debate quite well...and at the same time you can back our nation as not corrupted...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rixwan For This Useful Post:
serene syeda! (Wednesday, March 23, 2011), unsolved_Mystery (Tuesday, March 22, 2011)
Old Wednesday, March 23, 2011

serene syeda! is on a distinguished road

soooo controversal topic it is....well thanks everone let me write n thn lets see wht out come comes....@rixwan: i will try my best to get tht article but it seems bit difficult to get it as u hv already said its not on internet i hope i can get it from sumwhr else...or if somebody else might be having it here....