Thursday, May 16, 2024
02:33 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

http://www.youtube.com/v/yWAj7Awj2ks
Old Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8157Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,849 Times in 1,328 Posts
Tassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdom

In last budget of Punjab the developement budget
for southern Punjab was less then the budget allocated for Zakat .
Then are not the people of south Punjab
justified for demanding their own province.
I just know my district was the part of another
district and it was backward.
Since 1993, when it became separate district ,
it has surpassed even its mother district in education.
I believe that Punjab should be divided and
south Punjab should be made a province.
If someone is in any doubt ,
referendum should be conducted for knowing the
desires of the masses of that area.
And at this moment except a single party all
main stream parties of the concerned province are
unanimous that south Punjab should be made separate
province.
When Indian Punjab , even smaller then our Punjab, can
be divided in three provinces,
then why not our Punjab?
zujaja (Thursday, April 28, 2011)
Old Wednesday, April 27, 2011

dcet127 is on a distinguished road

If Punjab is broken into two,there should be no issue because more than 50% of the population of the country is residing in this province.So its administrative division will ultimately solve many problems including health , education & law & orders issues.
Old Thursday, April 28, 2011

SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassawur View Post
In last budget of Punjab the developement budget
for southern Punjab was less then the budget allocated for Zakat .
Then are not the people of south Punjab
justified for demanding their own province.
I just know my district was the part of another
district and it was backward.
Since 1993, when it became separate district ,
it has surpassed even its mother district in education.
I believe that Punjab should be divided and
south Punjab should be made a province.
If someone is in any doubt ,
referendum should be conducted for knowing the
desires of the masses of that area.
And at this moment except a single party all
main stream parties of the concerned province are
unanimous that south Punjab should be made separate
province.
then why not our Punjab?
what is your source of information??

sajjad khan joiya is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRMS View Post
Source please....or its what you think....
That one is my own observation. I never say we don,t need separate province but I want to say if southern punjab becomes new province I guarantee there will be no change in the life of common people except politicians. First I think politicians belonging to this area should improve their standard and they should do something for the betterment of life of poor people. they should change their mentality from narrowmindness to broadmindness. we need true and honest leadership. Gathering you see on news paper under the flag of Mr. Durani are forced to gather by offering money, one time food, free fuel to them . I request you to go in that procession and ask from the people the meaning of province. Who is responsible for it? Our own MNA and MPA. They did nothing for the education of poor people. No doubt there is backwardness and corruption in sindh and Balouchistan.But my dear we are discussing and comparing southern Punjab and Northern Punjab.
canadian (Saturday, April 30, 2011)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 8157Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Tassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdomTassawur is a bearer of wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADIA SHAFIQ View Post
what is your source of information??

Just go through the budget of Punjab , you would get to know all.
And what else?

Nation emerged due to their ideologies,history and customs.Pakistan and most Asian countries foreign polity formed domestic policy.It is unfortunate,but true.Now we are in a grab of foreign law makers and due to our ignorance we are singing songs of separatism.our rulers know these fact,but when they go against this reality ,they are dismissed from their office.Shah Mahmud Qureshi is a fine example of this.

our political fortune tellers are very optimistic about future.Since they know their optimism is only of words.If we go back in time ,then the fact will disclose.I will,chronically,write events here.Our leadership mainly remained Shi'ia,and in Pakistan Shi'ia are second largest community in the world after Iran.And our leaders,
1.quaid i Azam(Wikipedia)
2.mohammad Ali Bogra.
3.Faisal hayat.
4. fehmida Mirza
5.Zardari.
6.BB
7.zulifiqar Ali Bhutto
and our army leaders,
1.sikandar mirza.
3.yahya.
3.Musa khan

all are shi'ia and we can say Pakistan is ruled by SH'IIa dynasty.The conflict between two ethnic or religious communities flamed Sa'arikistan movement.During Zia regime this movement underwent but BB Flamed the movement due to Karachi trial.Zulifiqar hanging during ZIA period sparked Moha'jirin movement.As they said that in all moves and fields we stood with Muslim league and Punjabi did nothing.So conflict between Zia(Sunni),and BB(SHi'ia) lead to eternal damnation of pak polity.

Pak relation with Iran and Saudi are ironical one.They too,dependent on U.S.It is U.S who reshuffle its cards according to its material benefits.During 1970s Bhutto emerged as brilliant and shrewd leader and for the first time OIC PROCESSION held in pak.And USSR emerged as equal partner of U.S.A. US PLAYED a card and zulfiqar was hanged and ZIA Came.Zia ,no doubt ,defeated USSR and relation with Sa'udi arabia was friendly one.Iranian revolution,Sadiq ganji murder rusted pak Iran relation.Now America turned and reverted its policy.so pak relation with Sa'audi are rotten but with Iran are fragrant.

Now analyse these factors and think SA'ARIKISTAN would be formed or not?No doubt Multan,rahim yar khan are deprived if we compared it to Lahore and others.Dera Ismail khan, Sukuur and Multan would be the frontiers of this region.These people are socially deprived or terrorist it is another question.But one can imagine administration will be bettered or not,if our leaders are flaming each other parties.And proposing karachi will be made province.we can account these areas are deprived.I am living in Multan and visit sukkur. Now these cities are developed and included in large cities.why sukuur is included in sarakistan,the reason is our parties especially PPP has tamed rogue and terrorists.When i was going to Sukkur people warned us not to travel there during night.Because these people come in a guise of police and loot every one.I personally met with a close friend of PPP Leader .He is a relative of us and told me about the whole scenario.

The demands of sa'rakis are to increase money in budget allocation and linguistic foundation.They are not demanding for common public but to gain perks. Unfortunately literacy rate of these areas are very low.And literate masses are siding for this,because they will gain civilian or government jobs.Illiterate ,because they need some one to worship only.Their BMD demands are never fulfilled.How splitting of the province will yield these
think over all that.

Quote:

Just go through the budget of Punjab , you would get to know all.
And what else?
I have gone.but i can`t find this.so asked you.post the link here.what i read is Punjab government got loan for development and transportation/roads in Multan are being constructed through this money apart from other projects.And 18 projects for development has been initiated from this loan.I can`t find your mentioned information

Last edited by Silent.Volcano; Thursday, April 28, 2011 at 05:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SADIA SHAFIQ For This Useful Post:
Old Friday, April 29, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADIA SHAFIQ View Post
Nation emerged due to their ideologies,history and customs.Pakistan and most Asian countries foreign polity formed domestic policy.It is unfortunate,but true.Now we are in a grab of foreign law makers and due to our ignorance we are singing songs of separatism.our rulers know these fact,but when they go against this reality ,they are dismissed from their office.Shah Mahmud Qureshi is a fine example of this.

our political fortune tellers are very optimistic about future.Since they know their optimism is only of words.If we go back in time ,then the fact will disclose.I will,chronically,write events here.Our leadership mainly remained Shi'ia,and in Pakistan Shi'ia are second largest community in the world after Iran.And our leaders,
1.quaid i Azam(Wikipedia)
2.mohammad Ali Bogra.
3.Faisal hayat.
4. fehmida Mirza
5.Zardari.
6.BB
7.zulifiqar Ali Bhutto
and our army leaders,
1.sikandar mirza.
3.yahya.
3.Musa khan

all are shi'ia and we can say Pakistan is ruled by SH'IIa dynasty.The conflict between two ethnic or religious communities flamed Sa'arikistan movement.During Zia regime this movement underwent but BB Flamed the movement due to Karachi trial.Zulifiqar hanging during ZIA period sparked Moha'jirin movement.As they said that in all moves and fields we stood with Muslim league and Punjabi did nothing.So conflict between Zia(Sunni),and BB(SHi'ia) lead to eternal damnation of pak polity.

Pak relation with Iran and Saudi are ironical one.They too,dependent on U.S.It is U.S who reshuffle its cards according to its material benefits.During 1970s Bhutto emerged as brilliant and shrewd leader and for the first time OIC PROCESSION held in pak.And USSR emerged as equal partner of U.S.A. US PLAYED a card and zulfiqar was hanged and ZIA Came.Zia ,no doubt ,defeated USSR and relation with Sa'udi arabia was friendly one.Iranian revolution,Sadiq ganji murder rusted pak Iran relation.Now America turned and reverted its policy.so pak relation with Sa'audi are rotten but with Iran are fragrant.

Now analyse these factors and think SA'ARIKISTAN would be formed or not?No doubt Multan,rahim yar khan are deprived if we compared it to Lahore and others.Dera Ismail khan, Sukuur and Multan would be the frontiers of this region.These people are socially deprived or terrorist it is another question.But one can imagine administration will be bettered or not,if our leaders are flaming each other parties.And proposing karachi will be made province.we can account these areas are deprived.I am living in Multan and visit sukkur. Now these cities are developed and included in large cities.why sukuur is included in sarakistan,the reason is our parties especially PPP has tamed rogue and terrorists.When i was going to Sukkur people warned us not to travel there during night.Because these people come in a guise of police and loot every one.I personally met with a close friend of PPP Leader .He is a relative of us and told me about the whole scenario.

The demands of sa'rakis are to increase money in budget allocation and linguistic foundation.They are not demanding for common public but to gain perks. Unfortunately literacy rate of these areas are very low.And literate masses are siding for this,because they will gain civilian or government jobs.Illiterate ,because they need some one to worship only.Their BMD demands are never fulfilled.How splitting of the province will yield these
think over all that.

I have gone.but i can`t find this.so asked you.post the link here.what i read is Punjab government got loan for development and transportation/roads in Multan are being constructed through this money apart from other projects.And 18 projects for development has been initiated from this loan.I can`t find your mentioned information
Well what I said was about Budget 2009 10 . I remember that I read it in couple of news items and also listened many people quoting it in many news programmes.
Old Saturday, April 30, 2011

Quote:
Well what I said was about Budget 2009 10 . I remember that I read it in couple of news items and also listened many people quoting it in many news programmes.
so you just ask what people says,but if you read in news items,tell me one of the.because i want a source in order to change my perception.

Quote:
That one is my own observation. I never say we don,t need separate province but I want to say if southern punjab becomes new province I guarantee there will be no change in the life of common people except politicians. First I think politicians belonging to this area should improve their standard and they should do something for the betterment of life of poor people. they should change their mentality from narrowmindness to broadmindness. we need true and honest leadership. Gathering you see on news paper under the flag of Mr. Durani are forced to gather by offering money, one time food, free fuel to them . I request you to go in that procession and ask from the people the meaning of province. Who is responsible for it? Our own MNA and MPA. They did nothing for the education of poor people. No doubt there is backwardness and corruption in sindh and Balouchistan.But my dear we are discussing and comparing southern Punjab and Northern Punjab.
Right said,all fault is in leadership.if they will change their attitude than no need for new province.if than new province will make than does`nt matter

Quote:
then why not our Punjab?
tasswur India to bht taraqe kar ra he.wahan ke politicians huamray jaisyo ke tara nae hen.and india to KHalistan ke movement ke waja ce hva he...to tmary pas kiya jawb he
Old Saturday, April 30, 2011

canadian is on a distinguished road
Default What if punjab is too large !!

This article recently appeared in a US Pakistani Newspaper and relevent to the the subject under discussion !!

What if Punjab Is Too Large?
By Dr Manzur Ejaz
Washington , DC

The argument given for the creation of a separate Saraiki province has no validity if we examine the past experience within Indo-Pak or in the rest of the world. However, if the Saraiki province is being created on the basis of linguistic differentiation and presumed cultural differences, then it should be recognized as a principle and implemented in the rest of the country as well. As a matter of fact, it would be followed by the creation of other provinces on a linguistic basis. Even some political parties like the MQM are hiding their ultimate agenda to set a precedent to the follow-up.

The major argument in favor of breaking up Punjab into smaller provinces is that the province is too large as it currently exists. California, Texas, Florida and New York states have 37, 25, 19, 18 million people respectively, while there are eight US states that have less than one million, and North Dakota and Vermont have populations of around half a million. But does this mean that South Dakota is being run more efficiently than even New York City, a part of the New York state? Most of the smaller southern states are poor, badly managed and serve as the hub of extreme conservatism because a tiny elite have unlimited influence over smaller populations.

This is also true within Pakistan. Whatever is being heard from professionals working in international agencies is that Punjab, since Nawaz Sharif’s days, is a better managed province. Along with the Sharif brothers, people give a lot of credit to Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi for running an efficient administration in Punjab. On the contrary, smaller provinces, without naming names, are extreme examples of poor governance. Therefore, the rationale that a bigger province should be broken into smaller ones based on efficiency is false and baseless.

In the last couple of decades, many tehsils (sub-districts) have been upgraded to break up large districts. For example, Sahiwal was divided, adding two new districts, Okara and Pakpattan. The question is: has management improved or just resulted in additional administrative layers and tripling administrative costs? Other than the local, landed aristocracy and bureaucracy, who has benefited by such moves? Has any cost-benefit study been conducted on this change? I do not think so.

To support the case for creating a new province, Afghanistan’s example is often quoted. Have the Afghan provinces ever been governed — even before the 1970s — better than Pakistani Punjab or even other Pakistani provinces, which are much larger than their counterparts in the northern neighbor? Malaysia is another country quoted more often. Again, were these provinces being run better and, furthermore, what is the concept of ‘province’ in Afghanistan or Malaysia? I think we are comparing oranges and apples because Afghan provinces are like our districts with a different setup. In India and Pakistan, provinces have legislative assemblies, chief ministers, governors and an army of provincial cabinet ministers. Therefore, creating new provinces multiplies the number of bureaucrats, administrative staff and hence the recurrent costs.

Big size is also blamed for Punjab’s influence in Pakistan through the political setup and domination of the military. Presently, the PPP is ruling the federation having won seats in smaller, as well as the largest province. At the moment, the highest political posts in the Centre are held by politicians from Sindh and the would-be Saraiki area. Even the governor of Punjab belongs to the Saraiki area. Furthermore, Punjabi politicians are very diverse and have never been in one party to influence the Center in one direction. Therefore, the notion of size being the basis of Punjabi influence is false. However, if the central Punjab has the largest chunk of population, then that cannot be changed even after creating the Saraiki province.

As far as Punjabi influence through the military is concerned, that should have been thought out by the wizards who created Pakistan because most of the Muslim military comprised Punjabis before 1947. As a matter of fact, the bulk of the military comes from five or six districts of northern Punjab and that is not going to change even after the Saraiki province is created. If these districts are put into another province, namely Pothohar, then it will be renamed as the Pothohari army. Furthermore, the ratio of army men from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is massively understated.

While arguments of size and efficiency hold no grounds, the linguistic and cultural differentiation is the only remaining valid reason for creating a Saraiki province. As a principle, every enlightened person supports nationality rights without any ifs and buts. However, it is almost certain that instead of Saraiki, Urdu will be the official language of the new province: the sajjada nashins (guardians of shrines) of Multan are not known to be fond of the people’s languages for the last ten centuries. If that is going to be the case, then the linguistic pretext is irrelevant as well. Ethnic differentiation is also a doubtful denominator because the people of ex-Bahawalpur state, even Saraiki speaking, want their state to be recognized as a separate province. Nawab Salahuddin, heir to the state, has negated the ethnic basis by declaring that migrants, settlers and indigenous people are equal and united.

If the PPP is trying to contain Nawaz Sharif’s influence, then it is an extremely unwise step. Such decisions that have long-term effects should not be taken to get rid of temporary difficulties. The role of the middle classes of Punjab has been crucial in the present Pakistan’s democratic movements. It is this area where persons from Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry to Mukhtaran Mai find supporters. The fear is that the oppressed people of the feudal belt of Punjab will lose their supporters like Pakistan did when East Pakistan broke away; Pakistanis lost the best vanguard of democratic rights. Nevertheless, we wish good luck to the Saraiki people if they think the Saraiki province would fulfill their desire of nationality rights even if it is transformed into a feudal fiefdom.
The Following User Says Thank You to canadian For This Useful Post:
SADIA SHAFIQ (Saturday, April 30, 2011)