Monday, May 06, 2024
06:40 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

New Student has a spectacular aura aboutNew Student has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Ali Ahmed Syed.

Well, while framing these questions I have nothing in my mind about the inevitibility of the foreign aid. I put these questions here just to do a mental exercise about solving our economic problems. I would better put it this way:

"What if all the foreign aid to Pakistan is stopped?"

(akhir kabi na kabi to is jaal se ham ne nikalna bi hay, we can't live with foreign aid for all the time).

Wese foreign aid se mujay aik waqia yad araha hay. Under KL bill, USA was assisting Pakistan in overcoming energy shortage, so they offered a new and advanced kind of electricity meter, which can't be tempered in any way. Guess, who opposed it?

People were astonished to hear from Wapda officials that they don't want those meters. Americans were stunned as these meters were not extraordinary costly and also were coming through aid. Wapda response was that our technicians are not well trained and can't handle these meters. Americans assured them that they will provide training and impart necessary skills, but they still didn't agree.

Ab apne hi aise kam karain to yehi halat to hongay.

Last edited by Rixwan; Friday, May 20, 2011 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Merged
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to New Student For This Useful Post:
Ali Ahmad Syed (Tuesday, May 17, 2011), Farrah Zafar (Tuesday, May 17, 2011)
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

mein kis k naam likhun jo alam guzer rahay hain,
meray sheher jal rahay hain,meray log mar rahay hain

Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,572 Times in 792 Posts
Invincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud ofInvincible has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Zafar View Post

My question was;

And your answer itself is a barrage of questions

I'm looking forward to your expert views on above asked questions rather critical analysis of poetry.
Coming to your question directly:

USA can beat the stuffing out of Pakistan if seen eye ball to eye ball at this point of time.We need to make our house in order first and revisit our all policies (Foreign, Economic,Educational etc) with utmost sincerity and vision. Otherwise burning US flags wont serve the required purpose.

Regards
Farrah Zafar (Wednesday, May 18, 2011), Hamza Salick (Tuesday, May 17, 2011), SADIA SHAFIQ (Wednesday, May 18, 2011)
Old Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

jis region main aaj pakistan bana hua hai us kee history check kar len, yahan pe aksar auqat main kisi na kisi foreign power kaa asar raha hai aur yahan ke muqami log aam tor pe hukoomati muamlat se laa taaluq aur apne masail main uljhe rahe hain.. doosre mulkoon kee tareekh main badshahi darbar waghera jaise qisse parhne ko milte hain, laikin is region kee history main kisi bare badshah kaa naam bhi sunne ko nahin milta . aap bhale 5000 saal peeche bhi chale jaayen to bhi foreign invaders kaa hee zikir mile gaa .

If Pakistan is going to engage herself in an open warfare with the United States, it will be more like nation vs nation and we will have to seek some allies and analyse our military capabilities and how long can we sustain such a war . You can assume whatever you want in terms of a military entanglement with the US as there are many factors affecting the course of a war rest aside economy .

In case of economic entanglement with the US; we should see how much we rely on it for our economy. First of all, the Americans are biggest buyers of our products (22.4% of our export goods head towards the US, which makes 4 billion $ in our economy). Moreover 5.3% of our import goods also come from the US. We also rely, to some extent, for our technological needs on US (though China is rapidly substituting that part, another fact is China herself relies on the west for its technological "copy pasting" ). 4 percent of our GDP (aprox. 10 billion $) comes from remittances Pakistani diaspora sends back home, the chief source of which is again Pakistani Americans and Pakistanis living in other US Allied countries . Our annual public revenue generation amounts to aprox. 23 billion $, out of which aprox. 2 billion $ come from foreign aid. This means that almost 8% of our annual public revenue (hukoomati paisa ) comes from foreign aid. We must also not forget American influence on any other country trying to help us, for example the UK, or Japan or Germany. Our annual public expenditures (hukoomati kharcha) amount to aprox. 30 billion $, which makes a budgetary deficit of aprox. 7 billion $. This deficit is again covered through local (state bank) and external (IMF and World Bank) borrowing, so US role again plays in.

In this unipolar world, there is no other country who could help us desparate souls like the USand her allies, European or Asian. Major figures ko hee dekhen to sirf 5 million aabadi waale mulk Finland kee GDP 187 billion $ hai, jabke us se taqreeban 33 times ziada aabadi aur 2 times ziada "qudrati wasail se mala maal" raqba rakhne waale hamare mulk kee GDP us se sirf 2.5 times bari hai (464 billion $)...

Mujhe yehi lagta hai ke US aur Pakistan ke beech is waqt sirf aik noora kushti chal rahi hai, kiyoonke hamare haan iqtidar main bethe log kisi soorat iqtidar se apni pakar loose nahin karna chahenge. Woh is tarah se ke US se bara economic helper is waqt to mil nahin sakta, aur apni economy ko behter banane ke liye poore mulk main social conditions ko behter banana pare gaa aur qanoon pe amal sab ko karna pare gaa (tax bhi sab ko dena pare gaa ), kiyoonke economy social conditions se directly related hoti hai aur hamare hizb-iqtedar log inhi bigri hui social conditions main jor tor kar ke iqtidar main aate hain . Isi liye "abhi Pakistan ke muqaddar main aur bhi ghulami yaa phir mazeed bigre hue halat nazar aa rahe hain"

Last edited by Silent.Volcano; Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 04:56 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mhmmdkashif For This Useful Post:
Farrah Zafar (Wednesday, May 18, 2011)

Thanked 1,417 Times in 749 Posts
SADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant futureSADIA SHAFIQ has a brilliant future

the geostrategic location of pakistan can't be denied. Some one in this thread stated that this region had become host for foreign invaders and to stop invasion policies were adopted. We have example of "dewari cheen".the idea of its construction was an innovation..Innovation springs from necessity ;comes from creativity.

Paksitan is largest exporter of America but this case can't be implied for U.S.A. China is the first or 2nd largest exporter of U.S.A.I am surprized of Ali optimism what he stated about Gulf countries and Europe. Every one knows that all things are being monitored by U.S.A from OMAN to Egypt. Even troops of U.S. Enjoyed here first class citizen status and stayed inter continentals.And U.S HAVE LARGEST SHARES IN IMF ,how can we avoid aid when we have to take loan from IMF.?pakistan what borrowed from IMF,2/3 OF it went back to IMF again as per payment of remittance. Suppoze pak borrowed from IMF 76 bn then it has to repay 50plus bn of his payment of interest.so where we can stand? If we signed agreements with Iran then our relations with saudia has become worsoned. So we need Iran and U.A .E and saudi arab too.our real fault is debt which flow in to pockets of politicians

we have to develop industries but for industries
skilled labor is required.I have seen the statistic which ali has mentioned.every one knows about these facts.we have coal but this is not found in ready made form and in technology we are zero.Pakistan relation with U. S can't be established on equitable terms. But if we really wanted to develop equity in relation then first we people have to remain non allaign.NO CHINA,NO U.S.A ,NO IRAN AND NO INDIA....one can witness the isolation of china by Mao zedong and india in era of Indra ghandi.they did so to bring reforms in home.both establish their home infrastructure.The license Raj issued by Indra,now with slight modification is being practised by Manmohn sing. why india is rising ,perhaps it seek lessons from china. Now in the coming year India will be second global power after china. India has earned respect due to its domestic policy formulation.

You people are focussing on minor term which Imran khan used most to criticize govt. But these are dreams.first formulate domestic policy, micro financing , building infrastructure, education, energy alternate resources(we have) proper utilization and skilled labor and many more. then aid issue has no problem ,infact we will be able to give.so foreign policy is developed on GIVE AND TAKE.WHEN WE WILL ABLE TO GIVE ,THEN RECEIVE HONOUR OF SOVEREIGNITY FROM OTHERS.
Makhzan-e-Urdu Adab
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 4,047 Times in 1,576 Posts
Farrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud ofFarrah Zafar has much to be proud of

Friends ghulami to ghulami hoti hai chahay ye hamari baqa ki zaamin he kiun na ho...
1947 mein ghulami ki zanjeeren torrnay ka irada kia musalmano ne tou nataa'ij ki parwah nae ki.hamen roti milay gi ya nae..hamen India bakhshay ga ya nae.etc etc.aik faisla kia aur us pe datt gaye.zanjeeren torr deen,bhalay ham pe aasman toot para,wo alag baat hai.
ager hamen baad mein b ghulami e kerni thi tou itna kashat uthanay ka maqsad?itni qurbaniyaan raai'gaa'n??
aaj ham ye zanjeeren torrnay pe tayyar nae k ham "Imdaad" k bagher jee nae saktay?jab tak Imdaad nae milti thi tab kia ziada buray halaat thay jo aaj hain?ghareeb kal b bhooka sota tha,ghareeb aaj b bhooka sota hai.ferq kis ko para?Imdaad kin ki "Zan'beel" mein ghayab hoti hai?Kia ye qarzay aur imdaad awaam pe kharch hoti hai?meray mohtaat andazay k mutabiq.."NAE".kon si tabdeeli ayi hamaray muaa'shi haalaat mein?
aik dafa zanjeeren torrnay ka faisla to karen,rookhi sookhi sahi mager roti "apni" to ho gi.
Rizq Allah ne dena hai America ne nae.Mehnat ham ne kerni hai.kia hamaray zehn itna ghulamaana ho gaye hain k ham jaan boojh k mazeed khud ko is 'daldal' mein dhakail rahay hain?
mein ye nae kehti k ham "relation" kharab karen mger ham apnay mufadaat pe samjhota na karen..itni si gherat,itni si himmat tou honi chahye..
aik tou "WO" hamray elaqaay ko tehes nehes ker k chalay gaye aur ooper se hm shukria k sath unki "Dumm" b wapis ker rahay hain.Tch tch.

"Sayyad se muhabbat si ho chali hai"

Jin ko aata nahi dunya mein koi fun ' tum ho,
nahi jis qaum ko parwa e nasheman ' tum ho,
bijliyan jis mein hon aasooda wo kherman tum ho,
baich khatay hain jo aslaaf k madfann tm ho..!!

Note=baraye mehrbani mujh pe jazbatiyat ka "fatwa" mat lagayeye ga.ye meri raaye hai..I'm not imposing it so ...
Positive arguments--->Welcome
Personal attack----> Bye bye
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

1 - I don't see an Independent Pakistan or a sovereign Pakistan in the near future.

2 - I've heard about the news that pakistan has received an aid of $20B for war on terrorism while it has spent $43B and thus it's a loss. I'd like to say that the Americans gave the AID for the purpose of fighting the war on terror and the calculations they made were surely somewhat ignoring the fact how corrupt the army and politicians etc are. US paid for war on terrorism i.e our expenses strictly used for the cause .. Now, If you think Pak Gov is stupid to do such deals than I pity your thinking .. If I and you can figure this out, the GOV will be the first one figuring it out considering it directly effects them .. then why were they quiet? Simple ... because they all (army, politicians) were enjoying looting and still does I am sure (recent events is sufficient evidence). So to make a long story short, the $43B are not really spent on war on terror .. a huge amount of it and I won't be surprised if more than 50% is consumed by the army and politicians as corruption.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mukt For This Useful Post:
Farrah Zafar (Wednesday, May 18, 2011), Hamza Salick (Tuesday, May 24, 2011)
42nd CTP (PG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 208

candidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to behold

Irony of the fate is,fellas,that our land and Ghairat has been mortgaged to Americans,courtesy our politicians and diplomats.Now,we can't shun America for at least next 5 years or so.

Solution:Pakistan for the time being,if can't switch to torpor state on international stage,can however try to have keep profile in the coming years.And America k saamne jee jee karay but sath main churi bhi dilkaye,thats the way forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to candidguy For This Useful Post:
Old Thursday, May 19, 2011

gameface is on a distinguished road

Independence is more a state of mind than a physical thing in my opinion and it is not easy to come by. You have to pay with wealth and hunger and the blood of your children like we did some 60 years ago.
These days, sadly all we care about is "facebook ka status" and "sms ka package". So unless WE the educated youth of Pakistan are willing to change our priorities an independent Pakistan is not even a remote possibility.
The debate should not be "can we exist independently" it should be "do we really want to exist independently"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gameface For This Useful Post:
candidguy (Thursday, May 19, 2011), Farrah Zafar (Thursday, May 19, 2011)
Old Thursday, May 19, 2011
42nd CTP (PG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 208

candidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to beholdcandidguy is a splendid one to behold

You are right,in that independence is an abstract noun,however it entails much more than just the "state of mind".
However we don't want the very abstract noun anymore.The status quo makes me recall Allama's couplet.
Hum tau mayal ba-karam hai, koi sayal hi nahin,
Rah dikhlain kise rahraw-e-manzil hi nahin.

Also,I'm at a loss here as i don't know whether or not we even qualify for a nation?to talk of independence is I think meaningless at this point of time.We are devoid of National Identity,National self respect.Morality in our country is on its way south.We are but ignorant,discontented lot;as every one of us wants to go back to the Pakistan of The Quaid's times,every one wants to go back to Islam of Caliphate-rashida.No one is ready to partake in an effort to get rid of this misery.

And not to mention our Govt's role in wreaking mayhem with our very own innocent,pure Muslim brothers sisters and kids--Balochistan and Agencies that is--Now,what can we expect other than an AZAAB?in karnamon ki koi toau puchgach hogi na Allah k huzoor?
We did the same to our bengali brothers and got the result,now i'm really at a loss here,as I don't know what consequences will we face after all these ruthless cruelties.
The Following User Says Thank You to candidguy For This Useful Post:
Farrah Zafar (Thursday, May 19, 2011)