Monday, April 29, 2024
06:52 PM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Saturday, October 08, 2011

kamran2170 is on a distinguished road
Arrow please comments

The ongoing crisis between Pakistan and America is making headlines these days. Many television anchors are discussing Pakistan’s response to an attack from America. Just the other day, a well-known anchor asked a question on this from his guests and thankfully he got a fitting response from one of them, Asma Jahangir, who replied that how could he ask such a question when no such thing had happened.

Ms Jahangir quite rightly also pointed out that perhaps now was the time for Pakistan as a nation to look at itself in the mirror and ask itself that had it gone wrong somewhere. Also, I do not understand why would we risk going to war with America over a bunch of thugs. Aren’t the Haqqanis closely allied with the Taliban and don’t they have links with al Qaeda? And have not the Taliban and al Qaeda killed the bulk of the 30,000 people we keep citing, when we tell the rest of the world how we have suffered. Most of these deaths didn’t happen at America’s hands but at the hands of these militants. So why would we want to support them? Will someone in Islamabad or Rawalpindi kindly explain this?

Imran Wyne

Published in The Express Tribune, September 29th, 2011.
shrd (Saturday, October 08, 2011)

shrd will become famous soon enoughshrd will become famous soon enough

@kamran2170: Respected Brother I mostly avoid controversial topics because it depends upon someone perceptions and understanding. But I believe every one is right according to his experience.

1:Let me disclose some unacceptable truths. We are not a nation as (having no common goal which lead to country overall development). We are only nation by having a common piece of land.

2:at once we are unable to say america good bye. it is why because our economic artificial boom is just due to american's aids/grants and loans. We must say them good bye but after having our economy stable and strong. and it is time for pakistan to do long term strategy planning rather focusing on annual or yearly short term planning. it is just like present our kaskhol to them each morning and ask them to feed us for the day. I once red a chines proverb "if you give some one a fish, you will provide him food for one time. and if you teach them how to fish you will provide them food for whole life". so know we must learn to cook fish rather them taking them all the time.

3:Now is time to decide whether we would with china or america. i myself observed pakistani government in a dilemma about it. It would be better if we chose china as our long term strategic alliance and mean while we should also enhance our understanding with Mr. America which I think is the most difficult QUESTIONING CHALLENGE for Pakistan. America also stopped to provide aid which was given to us according to KL bill.

4: finally we can't ask america about Daroon Attacks because they fill our kashkol and a servant can never ask his master WHY YOU ARE BEATING ME? According to an report there are more than 35000 causalities in war against terrorist and we our-self have spent more than which Ameriacan had provided us. Our economy destroyed just because of MR. AMERICA.

I request to all Pakistanis Don't think..Just start work to be a nation. Please
The Following User Says Thank You to shrd For This Useful Post:
Kaeinat (Sunday, October 09, 2011)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Roll no 12715

game on will become famous soon enoughgame on will become famous soon enough

Though, it is not the first time that Pak-America relations have soured...As a student of history, this has been a recurrent theme in this transactional relationship. But its also true that never in the history has this relationship witnessed such lowest ebb. This time allegations came from high-ranked officials such as Mike Mullen, US chairman joint chiefs of staff committee...Again, after receiving strong reply from Pakistani counterparts, American officials toned down their allegations but the substance remained, i.e, Pakistan must stop harbouring terrorists( as America now term them as terrorists) specifically HAQQANI network n stop being complicit in their ferocious attacks ON American-led Nato troops(recent Kabul embassy attack is the case in point)..

First things first, war is not in the offing...There are many reasons behind America's outburst n brazen allegations levied against ISI....America is planning her troop draw-down n her military campaign in Afghanistan has been a complete failure..So, she wants to shift responsibility on paksitan like the way she did to Cambodia in Vietnam war...She is also eager to attain stronger position in this war so that it could bring Taliban to the negotiating table n clinch a favourable deal n at the same time, somehow manage to have safe-exit...As America is finding it really hard to materialize above-cited objectives coupled with mounting public pressure at home(to end this war), she is , wittingly or unwittingly, blaming Pakistan for the failures of its policies in Afghanistan.....

Having said this, lets discuss what Pakistan needs to do in this catch-22 situation that it finds itself in, right now....First, Pakistan cannot afford to break relationship at this critical juncture as our fragile economy consistently needs injections of aid n another fact that deserves mention is that Pakistan's textile is exported to America n Europe that accounts for 56% of GDP, , if m not wrong....on the other hand, America too cannot do without Pakistan right now as success or failure in afghan war is largely dependent on Pakistan's help( supply lines, intelligence sharing, strategic location n cooperation on other fronts etc etc). So, Pakistan n America both must work to de-escalate current tension....Sanity must prevail on both sides.

At the same time, yes, Pakistan must introspect n review its foreign policy which is not flawless...Pakistan must move on to align itself more with Chinese strategic interests...Reformation process begins with the acceptance of one's faults, be it individuals or nation-states...
shrd (Monday, October 10, 2011)