Sunday, April 28, 2024
12:56 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Monday, April 02, 2012
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold
Default CSS in comparison to other Careers

CSPs are undoubtedly the privileged lot enjoying great deal of power and prestige but does it imply that in Pakistan no other career is at par with CSS? I think the answer is emphatic no.

First the attraction of career is function of one's perception. Since a majority of the people find attraction in power so they aspire to be CSPs.But at the same time there are few who act other way round-dont join or leave the civil services.

i dont want to trivialize the attraction of CSS, it is by all means a great career. However i want to present some negative aspects of CSS career just to bring other side of picture before aspirants.

1- IF a newly inducted CSP is not allocated to top Groups such as PSPor DMG , he/she may have to face financial crunch at start of service- Meagre Salary with little to no fringe beifits.

2- Last year PP Govt posted out some Officers of PSP and DMG to Baluchistan. These officers were frightened then they used their links to make the Govt reverse this posting. So the sword of posting to unattractive or dangrous areas keep hanging on you( For some one it may be a challenge and an adventure -a positive side of the but for many its one of the most negative aspect)

3- In order to enjoy the service in true sense , one needs patronisation of political influentials who in response seek favours in official matters.

4-I know a person who is SDO in C&W Deptt of Govt of Punjab. He has links with high ups of POlice -why become he makes them favours by getting their work -such as repair maintenance, paitint etc-done free of cost.This is not becoming of the people who hold such high posts.

5- A CSP has norammly succumb to political pressure.

6- Many of CSPs are implicated in Criminal Cases. Appearance in courts , Suspensions , enquiries are not out of ordinary for high ranking officials. A CSP curruntly serving as ED in BOI (awarded Nishan e-Pakistan on 23rd March) remained 7 years in Prison because he had close relation with Zradri when PPP Govt was ousted in 1996.

IN next sitting i ll write the attractions in some areas.

Note: By potryaing the negative side, i dont want to say that CSS doesn't offer good career.I myself appeared but couldn't qualify. If i hafd been alloacted , i would had joined definitely. That said, i just want to bring forth the other side of picture.
drvalentino (Thursday, April 19, 2012), game on (Saturday, April 07, 2012), Mugheera (Friday, April 20, 2012), umaryousaf (Tuesday, April 03, 2012), Umm e Farwa (Thursday, April 05, 2012)
Old Tuesday, April 03, 2012
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Saleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to beholdSaleeqa Batool is a splendid one to behold

This is in continuation to the above Post.

7- Being a CSP one has to follow a defined career path, though acceleration one. You have to wait 5 years for promotion in Grade 18 , 12 years in Grade 19.Here Seniority figures more than your competence. You may be Secretary at the age of 55 but your Boss , the Minster may be a young guy.

8- Being a CSP , one has to follow a strict code of conduct . One cant express one's political opinions etc.

9- Your authority is subject to strict rules.

10- The Active Judiciary has put an other curb on authority. Last year DPO Nankana reportedly committed Suicide after having faced humiliation from District and Session judge Nankana.Likewise, quite recently,Secretary Election Commission resigned on same grounds.

11- The general public and subordinate employees aggrieved by your decision , knock the door of court. Now the courts require personal appearance in many cases.So a CSP may be called in a case where his /her role in mere that of a signatory or symbolic. For Example if an individual challenge any order of EDO (Education) , he or she will keep mnay other officials as respondant such as DO ducation, DMO, DCO etc.

12-Some time you may face a situation where you are pressured to do something illegitimate. Now if refuse you may incur the wrath of your bosses and if you do solely you will be responsible for your act. I am posting here the case of Mushtaq Rizvi, an Officer of Foreign Service who was punished for spotlighting a wrongdoing.

Quote:
SLAMABAD:
In 2002, Mushtaq Rizvi, then Pakistan’s deputy ambassador to Indonesia reported to the Foreign Office of an allegedly illegal plan to sell off the Pakistani Embassy building in Jakarta. He was rewarded by being made an officer on special duty (OSD) – civil service speak for being suspended.
Nine years later, a subcommittee of the parliamentary public accounts committee has taken up the case of the unfairly punished diplomat, even though he is no longer alive to see his claims vindicated.
On Wednesday, a five-member inquiry committee of the Foreign Office testified before the PAC subcommittee that the then-Ambassador Mustafa Anwer, a retired general and a close personal friend of then-President Pervez Musharraf, sold the building that housed the Pakistani embassy to Indonesia.
According to the auditor’s testimony, the ambassador sold the property in his personal capacity and did not inform the Foreign Office of his plans, let alone seeking Islamabad’s approval. The sale was arranged between Anwar and a private party in Indonesia without any public advertising. The auditors also said they found evidence of embezzlement in the case.
Sardar Ayaz Sadiq, a Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz MNA from Lahore and chairman of the subcommittee, directed the auditors to submit a detailed report within six weeks and name the officials responsible for covering up the incident and punishing Rizvi.
“This case should be made an example for those who exploit honest officers,” said Sadiq.
According to Sadiq, the investigation so far has proved that the former ambassador misappropriated Rs14 million in addition to violating several laws in selling the building.
Anwar has been summoned before the Foreign Office’s inquiry committee to tell his side of the story, should he so desire.
Rizvi’s widow attended the subcommittee hearing. In her testimony, she alleged that Javed Masood, then Cabinet Secretary (one of the three highest positions in the civil service) had been responsible for the unfair treatment of her late husband, claiming that he did so to get an extension on his contract. According to Rizvi’s widow, an inquiry committee that was constituted by then President Musharraf to investigate the unlawful sale of the Jakarta embassy building submitted a report that blamed her late husband and let Anwar, in her eyes the real culprit, off the hook.
Rizvi was eventually found innocent of any wrongdoing, but only after his death, when it was “of no use”. His widow said that Rizvi was under tremendous stress during the initial inquiry and the ‘injustice’ meted out to him.
drvalentino (Thursday, April 19, 2012), game on (Saturday, April 07, 2012), umaryousaf (Tuesday, April 03, 2012)
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 5722

Kamran is a name known to allKamran is a name known to allKamran is a name known to allKamran is a name known to allKamran is a name known to allKamran is a name known to all

Last year DPO Nankana reportedly committed Suicide after having faced humiliation from District and Session judge Nankana

Are you sure this was the reason of his suicide?
44th CTP (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2015 - Merit 160Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,161 Times in 660 Posts
courageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to beholdcourageneverdies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamran View Post
Last year DPO Nankana reportedly committed Suicide after having faced humiliation from District and Session judge Nankana

Are you sure this was the reason of his suicide?
I heard it was more like some domestic problems that lead him to take resort in suicide.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by courageneverdies View Post
I heard it was more like some domestic problems that lead him to take resort in suicide.

Regards
Not the sole reason as nothing is confirmed but it was one amongst the other speculations. Difference with his wife was the major reason reported by media , but theb story of D&S J has also been put forth. I share the relevant news hereunder.

LAHORE:
A police officer posted in Nankana Sahib committed suicide at his official residence on Monday.
District Police Officer (DPO) Shehzad Waheed is said to have shot himself in the head using his official pistol.
Police officials were dispatched by the Regional Police Officer (RPO) of Sheikhupura region in Lahore, Rai Altaf, when he failed to contact the deceased on his personal phone numbers.
Officials of the Nankana Sahib police, led by DSP Malik Muhammad Saddique Awan, reached his residence.
Policemen said that when they broke into his bedroom, they found Waheed lying in a pool of blood on his bed, adding that they had immediately informed their superiors.
According to police, the incident had occurred between 10:30 am and 11 am. The motive behind the suicide could not be ascertained, said the DSP Nankana Sahib.
Sources said that Waheed, a resident of Kamoki, was deployed to Nankana Sahib as DPO about eight months ago.
Deceased DPO Shehzad Waheed was a close relative of Punjab’s former prosecution secretary Rana Maqbool.
Waheed’s wife, along with their six-month-old daughter, was in Lahore in connection with the final-year medical examinations.
His relatives rushed to Nankana Sahib after they were told about his death.
Sources in police department were divided in their opinion about the circumstances which led to his suicide: some believe that his death had got something to do with personal differences with his wife.
Staffers deployed at the DPO’s residence insisted that Waheed’s wife had left the house without informing the deceased.
They said that Waheed had asked about her and they had informed him that she had left at about 6am. The staffers said that the DPO had gone inside his bedroom and closed the door, adding that they were not aware of any further development.
According to sources, a lengthy call was traced to one of his personal phone numbers, which lasted until the guards posted at the residence heard a gunshot.
Some of the police officials attributed the suicide to his humiliation at the hands of the additional district and sessions judge, Nankana Sahib, Naveed Iqbal, which occurred three days ago.
A police official noted in the daily diary kept in the Shahkot police station that the additional sessions judge was unduly pressing police to arrest an accused nominated in FIR No.143/2011 dated March 26, registered in the same precincts, adding that the accused’s innocence had been established during investigations.

Sub-Inspector Ahmad Yar, the officer investigating the murder case, said in entry number 19 that he returned from the district court, Nankana Sahib, at about 6pm where the additional district and sessions judge, Naveed Iqbal, tried to persuade DPO Shahzad Waheed to arrest the accused, insisting that he was guilty. He noted that all this time the district and sessions judge did not say anything in his support. Sources said that after the meeting, the DPO had shared his views with his colleagues, including the case officer, Ahmad Yar.
The investigating officer had noted the incident in the precinct’s daily diary as part of the official record, which can be presented if necessary in case any court order is passed in this connection.
DSP of Nankana Sahib Police Circle Malik Muhammad Sadique Awan told The Express Tribune that they were trying to determine why this incident took place, adding that investigations were continuing.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/139219/i...mmits-suicide/
Aamish Bhatti (Tuesday, April 03, 2012), courageneverdies (Tuesday, April 03, 2012), game on (Saturday, April 07, 2012), Kamran (Tuesday, April 03, 2012), umaryousaf (Tuesday, April 03, 2012)

talalz3 will become famous soon enough

You mentioned that a minister may be younger than a bureaucrat. This is true but the thing is, a minister has to be elected to the post and his tenure ends after 4 or 5 years whereas a CSP knows that he will stay in the service. Furthermore, ministers have to face direct media pressure ( less than a csp).

prince93 is on a distinguished road

yar ye to Grapes are sour wali baat ho gai.........jo CSS nhy kr skta as its very tought job wo yhi batei krei ga k CSS mei ye Khrabi hai CSS mei wo khrabi hai....if you are a DMG officer aur kia chahiye..... i m doing MBBS 4th year going but i hv started my prep for CSS... aftr my final year i will appear for CSS exams in 2014... inshallah if i got selected nad allocated in DMG surely i'll join if not the cntinue my Doctor life as now a days initial salary of Doctor is 47,000...................
Old Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Arslan Shaukat is on a distinguished road
Default CSS Charm now a days

Dear All!

Last Sunday I had a sitting with a CSP. What he told me about current scenario in Civil Services was an eye-opener, at least for me.

He told me that the perks and priviliges is CSS in not upto the demands of the job now a days. The salaries are not upto the standard of job. Especially if one has not got allocation in a good group (esp. DMG/FSP/PSP), it becomes very difficult to manage. People with somehow strong financial background easily manage this pressure, however other fell an easy prey to corruption to maintain the 'phoon-phaaan' of being a CSP.

On the other side, he quoted his visit to an office of Custom Services where an A/C and D/C were sitting in same sized cabins in same hall along with cabins of support staff.

In a nut-shell, one has to keep oneself abreast of the current scenario going inside bureaucracy.Those who are day-dreaming of green-number plate vehicles along with banglaws from the very first day should stop it and be realistic.

But besides this sitting, for me charm of CSS is in public service - and the pleasure one has from changing the lives of those who can not change it themselves. Those aspirants of CSS who are in want of candour would be disappointed.

Regards,
40th CTP (DMG)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 51

Thanked 1,424 Times in 486 Posts
mano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to beholdmano g is a splendid one to behold

All the careers have positive and negative aspects, but still civil services is a unique, prestigious, progressive and satisfactory career.As far as csps's views are concerned, there are different kind of experiences with different people, depending upon individual life styles, family backgrounds and above all, priorities, so these views can't be generalized. It's a human nature that he/she can never achieve complete satisfaction, except a few, we can easily observe that no one seems to be happy with his/her present job, one always look ahead and this struggle ends with life.

civil services gives a sense of achievement, which is in a way, great source of inspiration.it gives the opportunity to serve people, and to deal with the problems of common people, although most of the people forget about, in short, civil services is more of an achievement and opportunity than a ''job''.

prince93 is on a distinguished road

ofcourse insan kisi hal mei khush nhy rehta but i think CSS is atop rank.....doctor engineering and then so on and so forth careers...
Closed Thread