Thursday, May 16, 2024
08:14 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Closed Thread Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, June 12, 2012
40th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2011 - Merit 8

M Umair Abdul Khaliq is on a distinguished road
Post The Myth Of repeaters

Please pardon me, if i offend anyone.
First of all,repeater issue is more a brainchild of those who are suffering from trauma of either failure or lower allocation.They have every right to suggest so.But these comments would never be displayed by them if they had occupy a top notch, things would be altogether different for them.its a rather positional discussion than a logical one.

Second,"the topper is a repeater" is a disgrace to not only your personalities but also to Fahad Mumtaz this year and others before that, as they have paid dearly in viva but still managed to top the list. Anything that an individual desires is one(exclusively one good) position,nothing more.If you get allocated,you would be star for your affiliations.So it doesn't matters if 1000 repeaters or 10,000.

Last but not the least, i bet if people who are scolding repeaters would take the cases of those repeaters that have somehow failed to get allocated even by exhausting their 3 attempts and 4-5 prime years of their life,they would definitely present a formula to sympathize repeaters.

Conclusion: Just do your best and leave the rest.Allah will bless you and makes you deserving.i believe its very very difficult to assimilate failure but still i request all the candidates to stay focused and gather prayers.
Allah will surely award everyone with the best thing available for them.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M Umair Abdul Khaliq For This Useful Post:
Future (Tuesday, June 12, 2012), Last Island (Tuesday, June 12, 2012), usman khalid (Tuesday, June 12, 2012)
Old Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ainuddin Kibzai is just really niceAinuddin Kibzai is just really niceAinuddin Kibzai is just really niceAinuddin Kibzai is just really nice

Addressed to Myself.
Yar Ainuddin, it has been so stubborn of you ever since you initiated this very thread. I had told you that people are going to whack you for what you are trying to convey. I had warned you prior to your initiating this thread that you are going to come across severe criticism but you remain persistent ( stubborn :P ).
Dear Ainu, I know that you are quite disappointed by the point that very respectable seniors such as Usman Khalid would pass by your comments unnoticed ( or might give the impression of not noticing ). I know it hurts you even more when you see a member giving you a thumping reply using very offensive ( sometimes shameful ) words. I know it is even more painful when you see someone respectable, mature and idealized member like Usman Khalid's name in the column of the option " The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ABC For This Useful Post ".
Ainu, I know that you have no objection regarding the aspirants who appear after a failure. I know you have objection regarding those CSP's who take exam just reassess their genius or trying to top for fun.
I have gone through your following comment: " Let me quote words of a CSP here who got hid desired result when he stood 16th on merit.
He took the exam again and stood 14th.
When asked as to why he took the exam again, he came up with the reply, " Yar, mujhe to top karna hai, or kuch nahi."
His other CSP friend mocked at him and replied, " Tum to ek attempt mai just 2 positions improve kar rahe ho. Isliye tumhe top karne ke liye 7 more chances chahiye hon ge."

Yar Ainu, plz yar. I beg you leave this discussion since everything is quite crystal-clear as to what you mean to suggest and what some of the MEMBERS have decided to perceive it is.
Ab samjh bhi jao Ainu. Samajh jao, samajh jao or samajh jao.
Regards,
Ainu ka Ainu.

Malmeena Khan is a name known to allMalmeena Khan is a name known to allMalmeena Khan is a name known to allMalmeena Khan is a name known to allMalmeena Khan is a name known to allMalmeena Khan is a name known to all

Then FPSC is responsible for all such repeaters and not repeaters them-selves.

Ainuddin Kibzai is just really niceAinuddin Kibzai is just really niceAinuddin Kibzai is just really niceAinuddin Kibzai is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmeena Khan View Post
Then FPSC is responsible for all such repeaters and not repeaters them-selves.
on what MORAL grounds?
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainuddin Kibzai View Post
on what MORAL grounds?
yeh repeaters to dur kee baat hai chalo dobara attempt ke liye phir shru se mehnat to karte hain, GHQ se aane waale naam ko to apni marzi kaa group bagher kisi test ke mil jaata hai

Malmeena Khan is a name known to allMalmeena Khan is a name known to allMalmeena Khan is a name known to allMalmeena Khan is a name known to allMalmeena Khan is a name known to allMalmeena Khan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainuddin Kibzai View Post
on what MORAL grounds?

If a topper is making a second or third attempt just to assess him/herself then it's not something making hard for the new aspirants to compete with. Look, if a new aspirant is appearing then he must prove his/her genius regardless of the fact he is competing an experienced topper. A genius is one who breaks the record of a record maker by competing him/her. No one can snatch his right if he is a true competent.

Even if FPSC review it's rules regarding competitive examinations , it can not ban a topper to appear again. It doesn't make any sense any ways.

student is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malmeena Khan View Post
If a topper is making a second or third attempt just to assess him/herself then it's not something making hard for the new aspirants to compete with. Look, if a new aspirant is appearing then he must prove his/her genius regardless of the fact he is competing an experienced topper. A genius is one who breaks the record of a record maker by competing him/her. No one can snatch his right if he is a true competent.

Even if FPSC review it's rules regarding competitive examinations , it can not ban a topper to appear again. It doesn't make any sense any ways.
That's what should be our approach . . . I second you maleena khan . To excel under every circumstance is challenge . . . By the way , reappearing has been discouraged by interview panel ! Though it may sound odd to all . . If one looks at interview scores of topperz and specially those who have reapeard were penalised by interview panel . Many of the guys whom I knew have scored in the range of 200-205 . . . Where as score of topper is 180 plus . . . . Won't he have skills and tacts to persuade panel members beings a career diplomat and appearing thrice before same panel ! Likewise , last year one senior forum member Abdulah nayar shaikh who hold record of scoring high marks in interview was penalised in his second attempt ! Guys .. . . Don't lose heart . . . If repeaters have edge ,we do have it too :-) just work relentlessly . . . . Success is all ours . .
Banned

mukt will become famous soon enoughmukt will become famous soon enough

My sympathies are with you Ainu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhmmdkashif View Post
yeh repeaters to dur kee baat hai chalo dobara attempt ke liye phir shru se mehnat to karte hain, GHQ se aane waale naam ko to apni marzi kaa group bagher kisi test ke mil jaata hai
Finally someone pointed out a point worth a thought! I wonder why is this institution always given more than what they deserve?

Last edited by Umer; Friday, June 15, 2012 at 03:24 AM. Reason: chain posts
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,122 Times in 674 Posts
mhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud ofmhmmdkashif has much to be proud of

hamare shahar main aik banda hai jis ne 3 attempts diye aur 3 ke 3 clear kiye, first attempt main us ko postal group mila to us ne dobara diya, 2 main us ko railways mila to us ne phir attempt kia, last main us ko customs group mila to phir sabar shukar kar ke beth gaya duty pe . CSS main log job ke liye compete karte hain aur apni marzi kaa group haasil karna har kisi kee khuwahish aur zarurat hoti hai warna yeh rog saari umar kaa hota hai. do keep this fact in mind as well. woh log jo apni marzi kaa group milne ke baad bhi sirif top karne ke liye dete honge un kee taadad aate main namak se bhi kam hogi aur sirif un kee waja se rules main tabdili naa insafi hogi. CSS koi cricket match kee tarah kaa competition nahin hai ke lazmi Austrailia se Zimbabwe ko haarna hai, is main Austrailia apna score karti hai aur Zimbabwe apna . aise repeaters bhi hote hain jo ke second attempt main apni position aur bhi loose kar jaate hain
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 7230

Sana Shoaib is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukt View Post
Stupid is a vague word, what might be stupid for you might not be stupid for someone else and vice versa. Reappearing adds to the competitiveness of the competition, this is a fact which cannot be denied as long as you are being logical.

I say increase the age limit to 35 and eliminate the rule of "3 chances" and make it unlimited as long as the age constraint (i.e 35 year) can be applied. That will make it even more interesting and more intellectual and experienced aspirants will appear coming from much more educated backgrounds than now.

Stupidity is not about 'adding up to the competitiveness of the exam'. 'the vague term' is about that after graduating from a prestigious institute, grabbing a good position first hand, getting allocated in a prestigious group of CSS and then thinking that you still dont know your position. And for that you have to go BACK again to 'assess' yourself. One has already proven himself/herself brilliant after these qualifications and the real test of personality/abilities/capabilities lie in proving himself/herself on the position he/she has acquired now. Face the job pressures and the new environment and prove that your selection was not a stroke of luck or whatsoever.
Like i wouldnt go back to my previous exam to show that i can do better in the second strike. :P

Increasing the age limit to 35 and unlimited chances- You mean, someone aged 35 years appearing in CSS, spending roughly 2 years in getting the final result (including allocations), then going through on average 2 more years of training and finally getting posted at the age of 39, right? When a person would have spent all his best learning age already before getting into service? And how do you think, why would government spend its money on a person who would give only 20 years to the service? and who would start his career at such a latter age? (okay, there would be many who'll be selected even before but still the question of many 'late cases' remains!)

Whether you accept it or not, this is not a good idea. And in first lines, if you talk about the "competitiveness" of the exam and in the very next lines if you talk about so many chances, both the things dont go with each other. If it is a competition, the chances should in anyway be limited (Please dont quote those stories about trying and trying again. Those who have chances shouldd get up again and those who missed the shot due to bad luck or any other reason, friends that's time to move on, may be it wasnt good for your life in some way!). And if it is about grooming the personalities of bureaucrats, the age limit should be there like it is. (Sorry to all those who wish such great age relaxation and favour 'unlimited' attepmts but this is my opinion and i have a right to express it. No hard feelings! )

Even if i'm restricted from a CSS attempt due to age limit, i'll happily go with it. (Answer to those who'll think/say after reading my post that it's easy saying than done by oneself).
Closed Thread