Sunday, April 28, 2024
04:45 AM (GMT +5)

Go Back   CSS Forums > General > Discussion

Discussion Discuss current affairs and issues helpful in CSS only.

Reply Share Thread: Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook     Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter     Submit Thread to Google+ Google+    

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Tuesday, February 19, 2013

zt4096 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Change in Pakistan? A dream.

I want to ask you people, which form of government will deliver for our ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF PAKISTAN. We have tried both Democracy and Dictatorship and if we compare both eras of these, we come to know that country's overall condition remained well during Dictator's era, as compared with those of civilian's. Be it Zia, Ayub, or Musharraf. The dollar was of 60 rupees when Musharraf left Pakistan. But now it has touched three digit score i.e. 100 rupees. Lawlessness condition is front of every citizen. Hundreds and Thousands of people are killed everyday and the killed ones don't know even why they are being killed? Are these the fruits of the so-called Democracy. I know one thing that Democracy can never flourish even in 100 years If the literacy rate remains 40%, like in Pakistan. There are two types of voters in Pakistan viz. Issue-Driven and Patronage-Driver. Issue-Driven voters are those who are educated well than average, have good exposure to media, and have the liberty to vote with their choice with good understanding. But the other lot, who are patronage-driven voters, they are those who are illiterate, have less access to media, and their votes are decided on Thana-Katcheri culture, and by their dominants. Unfortunately, the majority of voters in Pakistan are these patronage-driven voters. Then how can we bring change in Pakistan through elections? Which can never be free and fair. Will the people with fake degrees bring change in Pakistan? Oh my fate, I live in a country where a driver is recruited on the basis of Matriculation Degree, but a ruler is elected with no requirement of education. Anyhow, these are the issues which can hardly ever we'll get rid off. But If the whole voters in Pakistan are the issue-driven voters, then we can hope for a change. I am not a spokesman of Dictators, but being a commen citizen, I've presented my own view.
Old Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I am to die is on a distinguished road
Angry

Well you are right but i must say dictatorship is also not the solution.If i had the power well to think for the benefit of Pakistan i would only allow a person with master degree to stand in election.And secondly i think we should have two party system just like america.
Old Friday, February 22, 2013

irtazamk is on a distinguished road

Firstly literacy rate is expected to rise to 80% by 2015 in shaa Allah
Secondly Although our security agencies are usually 'dhaka start' and dictators give them the best push it has been the dictators who have given this country a lot of long term disadvantages such as terrorism, baloch nationals, Extremism and some even say MQM was started during the regime of a dictator
At the same time it has been the dictators who have improved our economy greatly.
In my view we need democratic leaders rather then dictators.
Old Wednesday, February 27, 2013

hakhan is on a distinguished road
Default democracy??

Quote:
Originally Posted by irtazamk View Post
Secondly Although our security agencies are usually 'dhaka start' and dictators give them the best push it has been the dictators who have given this country a lot of long term disadvantages such as terrorism, baloch nationals, Extremism and some even say MQM was started during the regime of a dictator
At the same time it has been the dictators who have improved our economy greatly.
In my view we need democratic leaders rather then dictators.
well in my opinion pakistan has never witnessed democracy infect pakistan has witnessed political dynasties which has never given the chance to common political worker to become leader or never allowed natural leadership in the country to be grown .and natural leadership can be only grown with true democracy in spirit not in dynasty one can not reprehend democracy for the current political and leadership vacuum .there is no concept of intra party election in any political party(which is the only way to grow or produce leadership) mean no democracy in those so called political parties with slogans of democracy .now a days we see a democratic spirit being grown in one major political party of pakistan hope this will compel other parties to do so and inshallah will see pakistan political parties with democratic spirit .
Old Thursday, February 28, 2013

Daisy has a spectacular aura aboutDaisy has a spectacular aura aboutDaisy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by irtazamk View Post
Please share the source of your info. I want to learn more about literacy rate of Pakistan.
Old Thursday, February 28, 2013

irtazamk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakhan View Post
there is no concept of intra party election in any political party(which is the only way to grow or produce leadership)
intra party elections are a must and political parties will not be allowed to take part in the elections unless they have completed their intra-party elections. MQM and Jamiat e Islam are known for holding fair intra-party elections as well as PTI. On the whole I do agree with your point which is why I specifically wrote 'leaders' in front of democratic.
Regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAILA ASHRAF View Post
Please share the source of your info. I want to learn more about literacy rate of Pakistan.
Sure. Well the source of that quote was Wikipedia and an article which I had read a long time back and the figure stuck to my mind. Here are a few other good websites.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/456401/e...ds-to-do-more/ (an article on education in Pakistan)
http://pakistanliteracy.wikispot.org/Statistics (statistics)
http://www.academia.edu/944975/Cause..._Gulraiz_Ahmed (I found this to be an interesting research project by students)
The Following User Says Thank You to irtazamk For This Useful Post:
Daisy (Thursday, February 28, 2013)
Old Sunday, March 03, 2013

tazimchaudhary is on a distinguished road

coming elections might not change the fate of Pakistan but it will definitely change the fate of political party that will win the elections......we should also kept in mind that change is the only phenomenon constant in the universe. we should also be optimistic for positive change in Pakistan.All the time we should not look at the political parties to bring the change.It is also our duty to fulfill our own responsibilities
Old Friday, March 22, 2013

imhayat is on a distinguished road
Default change not dream but reality

i must say change is not a dream but the fate of every single thing existing on the planet whether it be a living thing or a system.we should not only hope but also exercise our sincere efforts for educational reforms and socio-political awareness among the common people.